Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,813 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Why Did Ojukwu Flee? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Ojukwu Flee? (4788 Views)

Boko Haram Abandon Their Injured Member During Battle With Soldiers & Flee(pics) / Did Ojukwu Release Awolowo From Prison / SARS Officials Shoot Sporadically At Bodo Ward In Rivers, Voters Flee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 20, 2016
The Biafran towns of Owerri fell on 9 January, and Uli on 11 January. Only a few days earlier, Ojukwu fled into exile by plane to the Ivory Coast, leaving his deputy Philip Effiong to handle the details of the surrender to General Yakubu Gowon of the Federal Army on 13 January 1970.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by TippyTop(m): 5:08pm On Nov 20, 2016
Simple answer: To fight another day.
Nelson Mandela lived in Zambia during the apartheid years. It was in Zambia that ANC attacks were planned and coordinated.

The leader of Tibet is currently coordinating attacks on mainland China by staying in India.
Army Generals don't lead from the front, they stay in secure dwellings to coordinate attacks.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by Funlordjnr: 5:10pm On Nov 20, 2016
grin

Because that is what cantankerous cowards always do!

31 Likes

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by Oldlayez: 5:10pm On Nov 20, 2016
krazykoons:
The Biafran towns of Owerri fell on 9 January, and Uli on 11 January. Only a few days earlier, Ojukwu fled into exile by plane to the Ivory Coast, leaving his deputy Philip Effiong to handle the details of the surrender to General Yakubu Gowon of the Federal Army on 13 January 1970.

Why did Oladipo Diya, grovel , sobbed, knelt and disgraced his entire tribe and family while begging Al Mustapha a very very junior officer?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by Oldlayez: 5:14pm On Nov 20, 2016
Funlordjnr:
grin

Because that is what cantankerous cowards always do!

Abiola that tried to play hero, we saw how it ended for him. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na ordinary tea without sugar dem take (you understand na) e no easy to play hero cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 20, 2016
Why did Ojukwu flee?

Ojukwu was a born coward, a lousy braggart and a liar, Ojukwu fled leaving his men on the battlefield to rot and die of famine.

He hijacked and flew his shiny little motor car to Ivory Coast, in a plane meant to transport dying children, who does that? A coward

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 20, 2016
TippyTop:
Nelson Mandela lived in Zambia during the apartheid years. It was in Zambia that ANC attacks were planned and coordinated.

Presently the leader of Tibet is currently coordinating attacks on mainland China by staying in India.
Army Generals don't lead from the front, they stay in secure dwellings to coordinate attacks.
And the serene beaches of Ivory coast was that secure dwelling?

Pray tell what was the use of the motor car he shipped along, to plan bombings I guess.

20 Likes

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 20, 2016
Oldlayez:

Abiola that tried to play hero, we saw how it ended for him. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na ordinary tea without sugar dem take (you understand na) e no easy to play hero cheesy
Abiola stood for his belief and died for it!

Unlike a self proclaimed warlord that ran out of the battlefield, because he's too scared to die for the cause he so much professed to live for.

He even joined the group that led the onslaught against his tribesmen he fought to emancipate.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by eightsin(m): 5:31pm On Nov 20, 2016
Oldlayez:

Lmfao. Pardon me! I had to laugh at the ordinary tea without sugar.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by EHMIR(m): 5:36pm On Nov 20, 2016
TippyTop:

The leader of Tibet is currently coordinating attacks on mainland China by staying in India.
pls did mandela nd the tibet leader wore buba nd iro(female wear) before they went to their "secured dwelling" cos ojukwu did.

Dont liken ojukwu to mandela biko,thats blasphemy.

when the allied forcing were pounding berling,hitler didnt run,not that he couldnt,he stood his ground,tho the only fire he shot,was the suicide one..thats true leadership...never flee frm the battle field,leaving ur leutenants behind.

Iam sure if buratai leave a battle scene in the north east to command from "secured dwelling" u pple will label him coward

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by TheMOBag: 5:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
TippyTop:

the best answer in the world.... help me tell the senseless afonja boi. he who fights and run lives to fight anoda day

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by Oldlayez: 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2016
Brigham:

Abiola stood for his belief and died for it!

Unlike a self proclaimed warlord that ran out of the battlefield, because he's too scared to die for the cause he so much professed to live for.

He even joined the group that led the onslaught against his tribesmen he fought to emancipate.

Abiola stood for nothing hence died for nothing. The guy wasn't even a good role model for anyone.. he was a nuisance who stole Nigeria blind, highly promiscuous and very cowardly.

Ojukwu lived more honourable than Abiola who died with shackles and wasn't even given a befitting burial...

I dey fellowship and might not write much. I take my Christian life very seriously

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by loopmangoat(m): 5:44pm On Nov 20, 2016
Oldlayez:

Why did Oladipo Diya, grovel , sobbed, knelt and disgraced his entire tribe and family while begging Al Mustapha a very very junior officer?
Hahahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by Oldlayez: 5:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
Brigham:

And the serene beaches of Ivory coast was that secure dwelling?

Pray tell what was the use of the motor car he shipped along, to plan bombings I guess.

Na so e easy to die? You can go and die if you like jare.. What's with beaches and those trash you just mentioned sef? The man was born with a golden spoon, so those things that poor people like view as luxury is a necessity to him.

Btw, we are need of more heroes In Nigeria.

Anuofia cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by loopmangoat(m): 5:48pm On Nov 20, 2016
Brigham:
Why did Ojukwu flee?

Ojukwu was a born coward, a lousy braggart and a liar, Ojukwu fled leaving his men on the battlefield to rot and die of famine.

He hijacked and flew his shiny little motor car, a plane meant to transport dying children to Ivory coast, who does that? A coward
Why did awolowo commit suicide
Why did he drink 20 naira made in Aba rat poison
Why was he afraid to face trial for treason

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by Oldlayez: 5:53pm On Nov 20, 2016
EHMIR:
pls did mandela nd the tibet leader wore buba nd iro(female wear) before they went to their "secured dwelling" cos ojukwu did.

Dont liken ojukwu to mandela biko,thats blasphemy.

when the allied forcing were pounding berling,hitler didnt run,not that he couldnt,he stood his ground,tho the only fire he shot,was the suicide one..thats true leadership...never flee frm the battle field,leaving ur leutenants behind.

Iam sure if buratai leave a battle scene in the north east to command from "secured dwelling" u pple will label him coward

What sort of weed are you guys smoking? Hitler took the cowardly way by committing suicide!! Ojukwu went away to bring peace (it was the right thing to do at that time and you guys are still bellyaching ) you'd preferred he died abi? tongue tongue

I'm Buratai, The bastard took out innocent worshippers because he afraid they might hurt him a little and from reports, his safety and life wasn't even at stake o..

At least, Ojukwu wasn't a thief like some of your heroes.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by Oldlayez: 5:58pm On Nov 20, 2016
loopmangoat:

He killed himself because he was afraid. He was a coward like most of them from that side... his death brought his family to so much ridicule but would leave that much later because I am teaching right now at a fellowship.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by GMBuhari: 6:03pm On Nov 20, 2016
Taaaaaa

iffa year

To fight another day gini abi to protect his sorry arse ??

A coward will always be a coward, you started a war with 5000 rifles , and they are all locally made ,

My only regret is i wasn't part of the war, woulda given the murrafucka the Samuel dow treatment

10 Likes

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by GMBuhari: 6:08pm On Nov 20, 2016
And for the bastris and bastards saying Awolowo was a coward, let it be remembered that he single handedly starved your people , he ended the war with just food, and he was betrayed , jailed and ridicled, Yoruba adage says Iku ya ju esin lo , it's better to die than to be an object of ridicle , He took his own life, he's a hero , not a fucking asshole who starts war and run away

His legacies live on , two years or 3 years ago i remember the people from the land of the sinking sun asking for donation to help Ojukwu's family and his legacies

Most of your leaders enjoyed free education, that's why they are ministers and senators today , thanks to Awolowo

Cocoa House in Ibadan still stands Thanks to awolowo , just show me one thing to remember Ojufraud by if not your obsolete armored tanks in washedout museums

Motherfuckers

16 Likes

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 20, 2016
loopmangoat:

Great men would rather die like warriors than face shame but to live a life like Ojukwu is to live like a brutal bare faced coward.

Hitler committed suicide with a single shot from his pistol, right their in Germany during the heat of WWII.

9 Likes

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by GMBuhari: 6:15pm On Nov 20, 2016
Brigham:

Great men would rather die like warriors than face shame but to live a life like Ojukwu is to live like a brutal bare faced coward.

When someone is dishonored, he takes his honor back by suicide, it is in the Chinese culture

But these murrafuckas just want to compare their stupidity with the brilliance of Yoruba . Ojucrook came , he saw , he ran and he died

Awolowo came , saw and conquered

the people he was supposedly fighting for didn't even vote for him

maybe because they saw through his lies eventually , but their children of hate these days, even IF FFK or Fayose contests as their state governor , they will vote for him , they lack honor and sense

14 Likes

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by Dereformer(m): 6:18pm On Nov 20, 2016
Ojukwu ran away because it is the most honourable thing to do at that time. Much better than taking his own life with rat poison.

All great fighters know when to run.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 20, 2016
Oldlayez:

Abiola stood for nothing hence died for nothing. The guy wasn't even a good role model for anyone.. he was a nuisance who stole Nigeria blind, highly promiscuous and very cowardly.

Ojukwu lived more honourable than Abiola who died with shackles and wasn't even given a befitting burial...

I dey fellowship and might not write much. I take my Christian life very seriously
Abiola stood for the election he rightly won, Ojukwu was a failure home and away, a failure on the war front and a failure in politics.

If Ojukwu could even amass a millionth of Abiola's vote, he would've won the senatorial election, his senile coward wanted as a compensation for his battered ego.

Not voting Ojukwu was the only right decision Igbos ever made in their emotional life, your forefathers saw the coward he was in and out.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 20, 2016
Oldlayez:

Na so e easy to die? You can go and die if you like jare.. What's with beaches and those trash you just mentioned sef? The man was born with a golden spoon, so those things that poor people like view as luxury is a necessity to him.

Btw, we are need of more heroes In Nigeria.

Anuofia cheesy
Na so e easy to die?

So your uncles,aunts that died in their millions are unwise to have died for a pipe dream, it was easier to die for Biafra soldiers but too difficult for their grand commander to die.

A man(warlord) born with a golden spoon that prefers to rescue his car than a human life is a mighty bastard!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 20, 2016
Dereformer:
Ojukwu ran away because it is the most honourable thing to do at that time. Much better than taking his own life with rat poison.

All great fighters know when to run.
Hitler didn't.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by ChetaNwaeze: 6:28pm On Nov 20, 2016
Ojukwu was a gutless, spineless, lilly-liverd and loudmouthed coward. I am an Igbo man but i will never forgive ojukwu for leading us to a disastrous war only for him to run away. I thank God he died of stroke; deaf, dumb, blind and lonely while FFK bleeped his wife

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by Oldlayez: 6:31pm On Nov 20, 2016
Brigham:

Abiola stood for the election he rightly won, Ojukwu was a failure home and away, a failure on the war front and a failure in politics.

If Ojukwu could even amass a millionth of Abiola's vote, he would've won the senatorial election, his senile coward wanted as a compensation for his battered ego.

Not voting Ojukwu was the only right decision Igbos ever made in their emotional life, your forefathers saw the coward he was in and out.

Uncle, did Ojukwu snatch your mother from father? Why is your limpy penis suddenly rising and becoming hard at the mention of a dead warlord ?

Your Animal was a deadbeat and a charlatan and that was why he was treated with so much disrespect by the Nigerian government. He had his press that laundered his image just like you zombies sold Buhari to as the agent of change.

Ojukwu won, Abiola nko? Your guess is as good as mine.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by Karlovich: 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2016
why did awolowo drink rat poison why did abiola die like a leper why was bola ige....... in fact op respect yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by Iboko12: 6:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
Karlovich:
why did awolowo drink rat poison
why did abiola die like a leper
why was bola ige....... in fact op respect yourself

Don't mind the aturu gboko

1 Like

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 20, 2016
Oldlayez:

Uncle, did Ojukwu snatch your mother from father? Why is your limpy penis suddenly rising and becoming hard at the mention of a dead warlord ?

Your Animal was a deadbeat and a charlatan and that was why he was treated with so much disrespect by the Nigerian government. He had his press that laundered his image just like you zombies sold Buhari to as the agent of change.

Ojukwu won, Abiola nko? Your guess is as good as mine.
Mynd44, please a dog is loose.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by Iboko12: 6:43pm On Nov 20, 2016
ChetaNwaeze:
Ojukwu was a gutless, spineless, lilly-liverd and loudmouthed. I am an Igbo man but i will never forgive ojukwu for leading us to a disastrous war only for him to run away. I thank God he died of stroke; deaf, dumb, blind and lonely while FFK bleeped his wife

Eeyah. Another person no Bleep FFK wife? Abi him marry him wife as virgin? Another person sef don Bleep your mama before your PAPA marry am.

Sorry about your loss but it was Nigerian Army that massacred our people.

Another person dey Bleep your girlfriend/ wife as yiu type away your life on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Ojukwu Flee? by Iboko12: 6:45pm On Nov 20, 2016
Brigham:

Mynd44, please a dog is loose.

She really buried you grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Umuahia New Look, Capital City Of Abia State (photos) / Poor Leadership Threatening Nigeria’s Existence – Secondus / Check Out Farouk Lawan's Young Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.