Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women (16683 Views)

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives / Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by scottN(m): 2:11pm On Nov 06, 2009
bjcole:

Have you been a victim, i thought yoruba girls seem to have some level of culture,
No i haven't but i've seen it happen to some1 else. Time and Trend seems to be taking its toll on their Culture although some of these incidents are as a result of the man's lack of self confidence and insecurity.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by yeswecan(m): 2:15pm On Nov 06, 2009
phuck_NL:

@OP

Stop fooling yourself. I am sure you consider yourself as one of those successful women hence the post abi?
Men are not scared of anything. THE REASON MEN ARE RUNNING AWAY FROM YOU IS YOUR ATTITUDE AND BEHAVIOUR AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SUCCESS. Quit posing and you will finally get married. shocked

LOL
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by bjcole(m): 2:15pm On Nov 06, 2009
@ Dakkylove
I woudnt join issues with you, i really dnt know your level of experience, but i have worked in one of the biggest firm in Nigeria, with over 7,000 staff strenght, and i m speaking from what i saw day in day out. the % of well behaved rich women is very low, i dnt care if you agree with me or not. you may be rich and well behaved, no doubt, but dnt generalise it, Dnt you know that riches get into Men's head too, infact very well, dnt you know that men become arrogant when they are rich, how much more women. What i m telling you is that, money changes people and women are more vulnerable, God was not daft when he made you help mate, and not the head f d family. U think that serpent didnt know what he was doing when he went to Eve.
Just pray that God should give you spirit of humilty, with that cash of yours, so that you can get a guy that like you for who you are and not for your cash.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by SeanT21(f): 2:22pm On Nov 06, 2009
Some are and some are not. End of story.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by yeswecan(m): 2:23pm On Nov 06, 2009
There won't be a problem if we all learn to play our position and do things right. Every position comes with a responsibility and i think been a woman has some attached to it. However it has been proven that complex women tend to forget their position and wish to step-up their game to the next level which is meant to be someone else position. That is completely unacceptable, this is not an opinion to be debated, it is the fact, so deal with it.

The problem is not successfully women but attitude. Even some poor and ugly woman have this attitude,
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Pharoh: 2:25pm On Nov 06, 2009
bjcole:

@ Dakkylove
I woudnt join issues with you, i really dnt know your level of experience, but i have worked in one of the biggest firm in Nigeria, with over 7,000 staff strenght, and i m speaking from what i saw day in day out. the % of well behaved rich women is very low, i dnt care if you agree with me or not. you may be rich and well behaved, no doubt, but dnt generalise it, Dnt you know that riches get into Men's head too, infact very well, dnt you know that men become arrogant when they are rich, how much more women. What i m telling you is that, money changes people and women are more vulnerable, God was not daft when he made you help mate, and not the head f d family. U think that serpent didnt know what he was doing when he went to Eve.
Just pray that God should give you spirit of humilty, with that cash of yours, so that you can get a guy that like you for who you are and not for your cash.

They will never want to hear that woman does not fit the role of playing the head and not even that 50/50 which she is shouting here. They should be help mate simple as that no addition or subtraction.

phuck_NL:

@OP

Stop fooling yourself. I am sure you consider yourself as one of those successful women hence the post abi?
Men are not scared of anything. THE REASON MEN ARE RUNNING AWAY FROM YOU IS YOUR ATTITUDE AND BEHAVIOUR AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SUCCESS. Quit posing and you will finally get married. shocked

You think all these women will see reasons with the parts in black above? All what they know is that a man contributes sperm and money but now that they also can contribute money they can now draw house keeping roaster for their husbands.  sad
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Megadeals: 2:25pm On Nov 06, 2009
If there is love, trust and respect in the relationship, there shouldn't be any problem at all. But in the absence of any of these, it doesn't matter who is more successful. It won't work.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by amebono1: 2:28pm On Nov 06, 2009
ofcourse, ask genevieve nnaji why shes not married? @topic
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by otokx(m): 2:29pm On Nov 06, 2009
Am looking for them o; please channel them here.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Theblessed(f): 2:36pm On Nov 06, 2009
Well, it depends on what you mean by successful?  Are you analysing success in terms of material acquisitions, life achievements, human resources---or? How do you mean? That aside, but I can say oh yeah, millions of them are chicken when it come to "Successful and strong women". 

Unfortunately, only a handful of them in the likes of, the Duke of Edinburgh, late Denis Thatcher, President Obama, Stedman Graham (Oprah's life partner) and my own very partner etc, these are what you can call "CONFIDENT AND SECURE GENTLEMEN" in the right order. The woman that would frighten them with her success, power, strength of character and beauty is yet to be born until then, don't even bother with the rest!
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Pharoh: 2:39pm On Nov 06, 2009
!amebo no1:

This is your answer below

phuck_NL:

@OP

Megadeals:

If there is love, trust and respect in the relationship, there shouldn't be any problem at all. But in the absence of any of these, it doesn't matter who is more successful. It won't work.

Thank you for saying the truth, please are you a male or female. I just wonder these days why ladies always want to throw in material success, successful career and independent women ideas in a marriage setting when this are not the main issues that will make the marriage to work.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Digriz(m): 2:42pm On Nov 06, 2009
Unles there's no love.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by dakkylove(f): 2:46pm On Nov 06, 2009
nawa o some of you are showing your true colours, very interesting.

as for the person asking me the experiences i have had to warrant this generalization,
you don't need someone with a masters degree in Electrical Engineering to tell you when you have a power problem.
for the guy who says it is my attitude that is stopping me from getting married, thank you for your advice given in ignorance, thankfully i don't need it.

for the person asking me why Genevieve Nnaji is not married, Omotola and Stella Damascus are happily married and the marriage issues in Hollywood have nothing to do with this topic and everything to do with their lifestyle in Nollywood, (that one is for another topic)

at the end of the day i have met some great guys who are not intimidated by anything, and have great women by their sides . together they are achieving wonderful feats. but i have met A LOT of lilly livered men who have turned their wives and children to punching bags out of frustration because they are intimidated of their spouses success, and worse still some men like Bjcole or whatever he calls himself that believe women cannot be equal with men in the work place , and if women are progressing there must be something else that meets the eye.

some responses are so ridiculous it's laughable but there is freedom of exprssion abi so write on.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by FBS: 2:48pm On Nov 06, 2009
@topic: Afraid? NO! And why should men be?  undecided
Heck I'm proud of successful women.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by koko12(m): 2:54pm On Nov 06, 2009
hey not all men  are afraid of successful chicks o, i for one believe dat it dont matter how much she got, what matters is how much u got!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so guess i like successful women is dere any interested in meeting me?? wink hollla
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by preselect(m): 3:00pm On Nov 06, 2009
@poster

you should have used the word . . 'unconfortable' and not 'afraid' . .
yes most men are uncomfortable with successful women b/c of the attitude of the succesful women. note that there are still some successful women who are well mannered. but majority of successful women are nasty (and dare i say, some succesful men are nasty too.)

having said that, let me add that it is a good thing that men are not confy with that, b/c men who are comfy with successful women tend to be the lazy type that will rely on the women comfortably, reducing their zeal to work hard, when ''my woman go bring the money, no wahala, after all na why i marry am''. . . . so if i were a succesful woman, i would rather my man be a lil bit uncomfortable with it, it will push him to work hard.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by bjcole(m): 3:03pm On Nov 06, 2009
Theblessed:

Well, it depends on what you mean by successful?  Are you analysing success in terms of material acquisitions, life achievements, human resources---or? How do you mean? That aside, but I can say oh yeah, millions of them are chicken when it come to "Successful and strong women".  

Unfortunately, only a handful of them in the likes of, the Duke of Edinburgh, late Denis Thatcher, President Obama, Stedman Graham (Oprah's life partner) and my own very partner etc, these are what you can call "CONFIDENT AND SECURE GENTLEMEN" in the right order. The woman that would frighten them with her success, power, strength of character and beauty is yet to be born until then, don't even bother with the rest!

[/quote

This is Naija, stop comparing us to those westerners, success is desirable and loving, i dnt think anybody hates it, so women should check themselves, something must be wrong. what about female bosses, dnt we see how they behave in offices, trying to force their authority on everbody.
Be Rich and humble, dtas the code and you get all the attention
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by larrylyric(m): 3:06pm On Nov 06, 2009
There iz no 2 way about it. Love iz jealouse ! we are all humans we cant help it. There iz a alwayz diz inbuilt dominiatin attitude. ( From the perspective of a man)
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Jaylone(m): 3:10pm On Nov 06, 2009
There is no need for a guy to be AFRAID of a successful woman. But the problem is that, so many times because of our people with the attitudes and culture, many men would not (would not) want to settle in with a successful woman.

There are so many women though who may not have these attitudes, yet guys are not ready since they may in their opinion get the wrong woman
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Megadeals: 3:17pm On Nov 06, 2009
Life is never static. If you are more successful than your partner at one point in your life, there is absolutely no guarantee that the situation will remain the same for ever. For any relationship to work, there's got to be more than money and material success.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by dakkylove(f): 3:19pm On Nov 06, 2009
@Megadeals true talk jare smiley
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by bjcole(m): 3:26pm On Nov 06, 2009
@dakkylove, why are you picking on me, thank God i m not doing too bad, i woudnt need you to drive me around like bag of sand in that your car, all because you are richer, or you ask me if i know what it takes to make money. If you were my wife and you are richer today, i will ride on that and become richer than you tomorrow, wont you like if you keep seeing me on top or what do you think.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by nolongTing: 3:26pm On Nov 06, 2009
No, successful women are afraid of successful men   smiley
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by revolt(m): 3:31pm On Nov 06, 2009
sucessful women could  be intimidating sha. IN MY TRADITION A MAN SHOULD TAKE CARE OF A WOMAN THATS THE REASON WE IGBO GUYS WORK EXTRA HARD, NOT FOR OURSELVES BUT FOR YOUR WIFES WELFARE MATTER OF FACT A MAN IS JUDGED BY MERELY LOOKING AT HIS WIFE THUS IF SHES RAGGED UP THEN DA GUY NO TRY BT IF SHES DECKD UP NO MATTER HOW SCRUFFY THE GUY LOOKS HES CONSIDERED SUCCESFUL P
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Theblessed(f): 3:31pm On Nov 06, 2009
Pharoh:

This is your answer below

Thank you for saying the truth, please are you a male or female. I just wonder these days why ladies always want to throw in material success, successful career and independent women ideas in a marriage setting when this are not the main issues that will make the marriage to work.

[b] Yes, you cited this post - Quote from: !amebo no1 on Today at 02:28:46 PM

But may I ask you, did Genevieve tell you and the poster that she can't find a man to be married to? Obviously, not.  It's from your own assumptions of the reasons she hadn't yet been married up till now. 

You see, you should all get it off your heads that marriage is compulsory - Marriage is not compulsory, ok! It is choice! You do it if you like.  Probably, Genevieve like Oprah has no intentions of getting married to anyone.  They have partners and they are happy and contented with that except people like you. 

Like I said earlier only confident and secured men can handle successful and strong women - not small frightened rodents, ok!  Is about time men should understand that their wives success is ultimately theirs and no one else! Afterall, who married this successful woman?  Is it not you? Thus, the success is yours and only yours and no need to be afraid of your own achievements!

In comparison, Genevieve you mentioned can't have been more popular or notorious than our Christiana Essien Igbokwe in her hay days in the 70's, ok! That's one of Nigerian daughters that put Nigerian women on the map. Respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

During her time, she was written off, up and down the country that no man would dare touch her with a badge pole let alone marry her and even if they do, she would not have children (abi, you don see her boys haven't you). grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin  However, a brother with foresight saw his chance and moved in - the rest is history. 

Today, Christiana Essien Igbokwe is a successful mother, artist, actress, business woman and more so, who is the looser now People like you who put women down. 

Stop being negative about successful women they are created for a reason and they are meant for special husbands and not for riff-raffs
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by brainwave(m): 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2009
milkan05:

I think it's because most woman usurp authority once they become successful. It is hard to find a woman who would respect you when she earns more than you earn. Though not impossible to find but why bother in d first place? It's not a matter of fear. Itz just a case of retaining sanity in your life.

smiley smiley smiley
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 06, 2009
if you are successful and you need a man, contact me, cool
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by agabaI23(m): 3:51pm On Nov 06, 2009
OP,
Before you conclude that a relationship between a guy and a lady breaks downbecause of her success you will have to consider many variables.

What is the success rate of relationships in general in Nigeria (long term and may be marriage)
Is it only the relationship between 'a more successfull woman' and a guy that break up or is riddled with abuse?

If not how does the number of the relationship breakdown in both groups compare?

Is it possible that the reason you know of the 'more successful lady' relationship breakdown is because  you are successful ands the case of birds of a feather applies? What if the more successfull ladies are more vocal?

Don't you think that the less successfull is also abused but she chooses to stay because she is not independent while the successfull lady can call it quits. In which case both of them are abused  and it is not necessarily due to her success. She left because she has options.

Me think that if your conclusion is subjected to critical analysis, it will be torn to shreds when every factor that leads to relationship breakdown is removed and the ladies sucess is the only factor in focus. You may be surprised that only few relationship actually break down due to the success of the women.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by saintade01(m): 3:58pm On Nov 06, 2009
I think the poster or anyone who found herelf  'always' in this situation should check theirselves very well for the problem and you will surely find the solution in this same men you said are afraid.

You (poster) have displayed some of your traits here with your responses even as some of the post are nonsense.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Nezan(m): 4:02pm On Nov 06, 2009
Who cares about successful women? no woman will give you her money, so why fear?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance / Puma Slides Available For Sale. 100% AUTHENTIC. / Parenting In The Digital Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.