Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,204 members, 7,829,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women (16700 Views)

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives / Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by vislabraye(m): 2:17am On Nov 11, 2009
It has become a habit in NL for people to insult themselves over differences. Pls guys and girlz lets show some maturity.

If a woman happens to be successful, you cant blame her for it. But i have noticed that alot of ladies who want to pursue their careers usually forfeit other vital areas. They see marriage as an additional baggage for them. I have heard of a very successful lady who had already buily her own house, bought cars and living large. when she was asked about marriage , she replied " what do i need a man for? I have everything i need"/ Thats the attitude some ladies carry.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by kebbi: 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2009
i agree some men are intimidated of rich girls but it all depends on the woman.Most woman believe what makes a man is his wallet size.Marriage has its rules and not everyone must be in it.A man is the authoriy in marriage and the woman is the helper.A successful wife is a blessing to a man but that doesn't say the man should turn her into a housemaid or an object of hate.I have dated both poor and rich girls and i prefare the successful ones because of the way they think and make me feel.Today, i am very proud on my girl because she's doing very well.I hired her a driver,a cleaner though she rejected it at first but i insisted cos i want her to have time to be on top but we still fight and when we do, i don't feel she's going crazy cos of her money cos i am working hard too and she respects me for that. If you don't like a successful woman then try the unsuccessful woman.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Fhemmmy: 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2009
A man that is intimidated by a woman's success is not a man, he is a boy, there are so many men that cos they now have hairy chest over night thinks they are men, it takens more than hormones to be a man.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 11, 2009
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by kebbi: 4:08pm On Nov 11, 2009
women should understand that what makes a man is not his wallet size. respect people.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by beingme(f): 4:27pm On Nov 11, 2009
Yes i agreed. A man should stand firmly on his feet and be the man he his @ all cost if he wants to retain his respect as a man
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Fhemmmy: 4:41pm On Nov 11, 2009
chaircover:

Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women?

Because he lost his balls in a riding accident many years ago.

A man should always be a man irrespective of how successful his woman is and should see her as a blessing rather than a threat.

u see wat i mean, chaircover always hold it down.
Yes oh, blessing than being a threat, such woman will give me zeal to wanna do my biz, cos i know we are fine and well.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Fhemmmy: 4:42pm On Nov 11, 2009
beingme:

Yes i agreed. A man should stand firmly on his feet and be the man he his @ all cost if he wants to retain his respect as a man

He shd stand his ground, if he made the right decision, however, he needs to always consult his wife too, cos she is his helper.
The man is the head and the woman is the neck . . . grin
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by prcious007: 9:27pm On Nov 11, 2009
Successful women don't bother with un-successful men , and the other way around,

Then why such a question.

I personally have nothing to object, I am successful myself and would never even go near a woman that is just having fun in life.

Al.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Fhemmmy: 9:29pm On Nov 11, 2009
^^^ ummmm grin
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by beolar(f): 3:06pm On Nov 12, 2009
I think we don't need to blame guys for saying that successful women are arrogant ,bossy and selfish.i also want to believe that this issue we're discussing shd not be seen in a woman's perspective alone.
I have seen men and women who are arrogant and bossy because they are sucessful.
I once attend a programme where MRS IBUKUN AWOSIKA was educating women on why they need to be submissive even when they are more successful than thier husbands,she gave a practical example of herself as been richer than her husband at a point in their marriage ,she supported him financially until the husband began to get contrats that changed his life,she said the man bought properties and cars she would not av bought with her own money for her.
Both men and women should try to see God in everything.right now i work,but i have a husband that cares and gives me whatever i need,so if i am more successsful tomorrow won't i support him for all he as done for me.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Fhemmmy: 3:45pm On Nov 12, 2009
^^^ Good point . . . .respect is a 2 way street and if we can give that, we will all be aiight
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Pharoh: 4:10pm On Nov 12, 2009
beingme:

If a man can't stand his ground, why can't the lady leave instead of disrespecting the man? Must a man's respect be equal to his financial prowess? Haven't you heard the word contentment? If my wife works as a Nurse and earns 1 million naira a month and me as an engineer i earn 500, 000 naira every month. Should i go and kill my self to earn more than my wife because i want to be the man and retain my self respect?

We can use all these monies as partner and still live in peace or you can even help him to earn higher. I am sure we are not competing so the goal should be for us to work together to have a fulfilled marriage.

beolar:

I think we don't need to blame guys for saying that successful women are arrogant ,bossy and selfish.i also want to believe that this issue we're discussing shd not be seen in a woman's perspective alone.
I have seen men and women who are arrogant and bossy because they are sucessful.
I once attend a programme where MRS IBUKUN AWOSIKA was educating women on why they need to be submissive even when they are more successful than thier husbands,she gave a practical example of herself as been richer than her husband at a point in their marriage ,she supported him financially until the husband began to get contrats that changed his life,she said the man bought properties and cars she would not av bought with her own money for her.
Both men and women should try to see God in everything.right now i work,but i have a husband that cares and gives me whatever i need,so if i am more successsful tomorrow won't i support him for all he as done for me.

Thank you so much for this contribution and i hope everyone can see this.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Fhemmmy: 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2009
Pharoh:

Thank you so much for this contribution and i hope everyone can see this.

She said it all
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by switosman(m): 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2009
FROM WHAT i READ SO FAR, POSTERS DONT UNDERSTAND FEMALE PYCHOLOGY. IF U DO THEN U WILL KNOW WHY MEN DONT FILL COMFORTABLE WITH A SUCCESSFUL WOMAN.
I WAS WITH ONE LONG TIME, SHE MARRIED U KNOW AND PPLE PRAISE HER HUSBAND. BUT ATIMES EITHER UNKNOWINGLY OR NOT SHE BLUNTS OUT TO OUTSIDERS THAT SHE IS THE ONE KEEPING THE HOUSE. THEN I WONDER, IF THE HUSBAND TAKES MONEY FROM HER ITS because SHE HAS IT. IF SHEE PAY THE HOUSE RENT ITS because SHE HAS IT.

THEN THINK ABOUT THE ONES NOT YET MARRIED BUT THEY TELL WHO CARES TO LISTEN HOW THEY INTEND TO RUN THE MAN( NOT YET MANIFESTED O)
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by na2day2(m): 2:16am On Nov 16, 2009
switosman:

FROM WHAT i READ SO FAR, POSTERS DONT UNDERSTAND FEMALE PYCHOLOGY. IF U DO THEN U WILL KNOW WHY MEN DONT FILL COMFORTABLE WITH A SUCCESSFUL WOMAN.
I WAS WITH ONE LONG TIME, SHE MARRIED U KNOW AND PPLE PRAISE HER HUSBAND. BUT ATIMES EITHER UNKNOWINGLY OR NOT SHE BLUNTS OUT TO OUTSIDERS THAT SHE IS THE ONE KEEPING THE HOUSE. THEN I WONDER, IF THE HUSBAND TAKES MONEY FROM HER ITS because SHE HAS IT. IF SHEE PAY THE HOUSE RENT ITS because SHE HAS IT.

THEN THINK ABOUT THE ONES NOT YET MARRIED BUT THEY TELL WHO CARES TO LISTEN HOW THEY INTEND TO RUN THE MAN( NOT YET MANIFESTED O)

i concur
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Fhemmmy: 2:19am On Nov 16, 2009
^^^^ Lol . . . so easy?
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by na2day2(m): 3:00am On Nov 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

^^^^ Lol . . . so easy?

isnt it true?
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Okijajuju1(m): 3:08am On Nov 16, 2009
@ Topic

Cos most successful women are lipsrsealed [size=4pt](say no evil)[/size]
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by beingme(f): 5:38pm On Nov 16, 2009
nothin do me on this poster
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Fhemmmy: 5:36am On Nov 17, 2009
Okija_juju:

@ Topic

Cos most successful women are lipsrsealed [size=4pt](say no evil)[/size]

Fear no let the woman talk oh
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by SALady(f): 11:53am On Nov 25, 2009
I personaly believe that men afraid of successful women generally suffer from superiority complex that it is inferiority complex. Some men are just ruled by the idea of dominance. If they cant dominate the person, be in charge of the relationshiop and the direction that it takes, they feel out of control and that is interpreted as unsafe and unfarmiliar territory.

For me a girl that makes money is cherry on top, we all have preferences and there's nothing wrong with that. What's important though in a relationship is respect. God knows the only time I lose it is when anyone treats me with disrespect, cant stand it,
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by no1madman(m): 11:58am On Nov 25, 2009
in my book,there's nothing like successful woman. . .i'll make even Beyonce sit at home and prepare my breakfast,lunch and dinner. . .ha ha ha! ha ha ha!.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Fhemmmy: 5:13pm On Nov 25, 2009
^^^^ if wishes were horses . . . . .
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by no1madman(m): 7:47pm On Nov 25, 2009
Fhemmmy:

^^^^ if wishes were horses . . . . .
wish ke!. . .i dey tell u wetin i go do if she were mine. . .anyways,she's not my taste. . .she no get mega nyansh. wink
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Fhemmmy: 8:50pm On Nov 25, 2009
^^^^ i hear u sir.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by PressAids: 2:07am On Nov 26, 2009
Why are some men in this forum trying to cover up? If you are a man without a car how many ladies that have big cars, big positions at work, more qualification than you have you approached? Stop misinterpreting the poster.
It has to do with orientation of our ladies. They will not want to give you that first chance and you will not want to try again after the 1st attempt. Only few are different
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Vicboya(m): 4:57am On Nov 26, 2009
I totally disagree with d poster.I hav dated a sucesful girl & she broke up d relatnshp sayin dat am too soft hearted.D rltnshp was shortlivd jst 4 2 mnths,d worse side of it was dat she did it wen i failed my profesional exams at sch.We've bin frnds 4 ova 4years b4 we startd datin.I luvd her nt becos she was perfct bt becos she ws industrious,ambitous,sucesful,so openminded despite d fact dat she is jst 2 hot temperd & act like a heartles dude at times.I can neva be scard of a sucesful girl caus their suces turns me on if d chemistry is dere.Any girl who finds it hard 2 get a man has a character & atitude prob,no mata d level of ur suces u shud be submisive.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by agitator: 9:20am On Nov 26, 2009
Vicboya:

Any girl who finds it hard 2 get a man has a character & atitude prob,no mata d level of your suces u shud be submisive.
Please pass this info to the OP.

PressAids:

Why are some men in this forum trying to cover up? If you are a man without a car how many ladies that have big cars, big positions at work, more qualification than you have you approached? Stop misinterpreting the poster.
It has to do with orientation of our ladies. They will not want to give you that first chance and you will not want to try again after the 1st attempt. Only few are different

The heartbreakers, playboys and pets (They tell the women lies which is what women want to hear always)
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 08, 2009
lmao!!!! some guys with complex issues make me laff@ pokasa,ure ryt dats y men with complex go n marry village gals because of their naievity.so dey can bully d day lyt out of dem.dey r actually scared of marring city gals cos some of dem are beautiful and financially successful n comfortable.i have a personal experience 2 dat.my dad is retired now n my mom is still workin n she"s at the peak of her career.as a matter of fact my dad wasnt earning as much as she was earning even while still working.now he is retired he is just d same calm,loving and caring husband and father,not like the contemporary men who cant stand their wives been more successful than dem.@dakkylove thanks jare u"ve said it all.nigerian men u beta let ur senseless ego die before it destroys u n ur home grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by agitator: 3:15pm On Dec 11, 2009
kulyie:

@dakkylove thanks jare u"ve said it all.nigerian men u beta let your senseless ego die before it destroys u n your home grin grin grin grin grin grin

She's available, you can have her tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by harakiri(m): 8:05pm On Aug 09, 2010
Let the truth be told. . .money/wealth changes people and whether you like it or not,your attitude must change. For example, i am comfortable but not rich although i work towards being ridiculousy wealthy. . .i sometimes hang out with guys who are still trying to figure out what to do with lives and i noticed something. . .they either try to take advantage of my 'keeping it real' with them or they think i am 'forming levels' when the things i talk about are beyond them. My point is, its best for birds of the same feather to flock together and not the other way round. If a rich person doesnt walk around with an attitude, a lot of people take is as a 'mr nice guy' weakness and will try to exploit the person. Leave successful women alone abeg. How many rich men are 'nice guys'? Even me that is still struggling was forced to put up an attitude. To all those liars who say they can never cringe at a wealthy woman, keep living in dreamland. Even a guy who has millions will not be himself while dating a lady swimming in billions. Na the cold truth be dat. So if you want to date success, try to be a succers yourself. GET YOUR PAPER UP! ! !

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance / Should A Man Stop His Wife From Wearing Trousers After Marriage? / Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.