Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance (16681 Views)

Practical Approach To Dealing With Past Hurt And Mistakes / Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls / Dealing With The Pressures From Married Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by pkween(f): 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2013
A fiancée called up her fiancé yester night and the reply she got was, this is a bad time to call me because I am seeing a match. Tell me, can his watching of football match be more important than the conversation with his fiancée in a distant courting relationship?
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 18, 2013
Fist off, if he's in a public bar, the noise will be too much for you guys to have a reasonable conversation. It'll be better if you waited for him to get home.
Secondly, what is so important that you couldn't wait for a 90mins game to be over? undecided
This is one area I don't interfere with in my man's life . .
I used to think football was just a game until I met him . . To these fanatics, it's more than a game. It's like their life!
Every day Chelsea has an important match to play, I pray and fast for them to win cos if they lose, I'll have a lottttt of consoling to do!
I won't lie, it used to be veeeeery annoying, but that's men and football!
Just because he's your fiance doesn't mean his life has to end . .
What will you do when you guys are married with kids crying and running all over the place, and his ignoring you and concentrating on SS because champions league finals is on undecided undecided
Abeg no drink panadol for unnecessary headache! cool

170 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Pataki: 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
When a man is watching football, every other thing has to freeze.

Sorry, but just accept men as we are.

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by omoodeogere(m): 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2013
NO
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Pelummy(f): 1:24pm On Apr 18, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, u jst av to adapt to it cos iis smtin u cant stop addicted men from
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by stagger: 1:24pm On Apr 18, 2013
I can postpone sex to watch a match. Can't tell how many times it has caused quarrels between me and wifey. It's how those of us who played the game for donkey years are wired. Even now, I still play with a club. So OP, you think yoiu have seen football addiction? You never see jack!

4 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by raynold(m): 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ujujoan: Fist off, if he's in a public bar, the noise will be too much for you guys to have a reasonable conversation. It'll be better if you waited for him to get home.
Secondly, what is so important that you couldn't wait for a 90mins game to be over? undecided
I used to think football was just a game until I met him . . To these fanatics, it's more than a game. It's like their life!
Every day Chelsea has an important match to play, I pray and fast for them to win cos if they lose, I'll have a lottttt of consoling to do!
What will you do when you guys are married with kids crying and running all over the place, and his ignoring you and concentrating on SS because champions league finals is on undecided undecided
thank you... y every other gals no de understand things like u... we are talking of a football match not golf, she get luck say him answer sef..

10 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by kokoye(m): 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ujujoan: Fist off, if he's in a public bar, the noise will be too much for you guys to have a reasonable conversation. It'll be better if you waited for him to get home.

This is why I love you Uju!!

3 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Valiantvaliant(m): 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2013
The comments so far imply that all men are addicted to football but thats not so and i am one of the few exceptions, so ma'am if you are intrested, do indicate,

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by supaeagles(m): 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2013
Just deny him "the thing" for some time ..... he will then realize that footy is not as important and will pick race to receive your call grin
On the other hand, try and understand small - if it is just a casual conversation that can wait, the game will be over sooner than you think.
I hope he is not an Arsenal fan though, because it is quite likely he may be very vexed at the end of the game wink

8 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by tyson55(m): 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2013
Very well said Ujujoan.

Op, you just have to get used to it, cuz unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it.

90% of Nigerian men don't joke with their football. cheesy
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by kokoye(m): 1:30pm On Apr 18, 2013
Can a man at least breathe a minute??

If it's that important...send him a text message!

dang!

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Cornel88(m): 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2013
stagger: I can postpone sex to watch a match.
.*with due respect* Make we here word.

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Kk4(m): 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2013
Football is very important to most men.#TeamArsenal
But a man should not ignore his lady because he is watching soccer and please ladies, if its not important, 90mins is not that long.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by hidenconyo(m): 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2013
Valiantvaliant: The comments so far imply that all men are addicted to football but thats not so and i am one of the few exceptions, so ma'am if you are intrested, do indicate,
what is this?

7 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by TRILLIONIAR: 1:35pm On Apr 18, 2013
OMO I NO FIT LET ANYTHING DISTURB MY RELATIONSHIP O COS THEM NO GO PAY ME OR DEY THERE FOR ME IF PROBLEM COMES

7 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Originalsly: 1:35pm On Apr 18, 2013
OP...read the above again and again...woman to woman advice...don't look to us men for solutions because all we can tell you is we hear you...and you have a point...and you may be correct...but not a damn thing will change because we can do nothing about it...even if we try....can a leopard change its spots?

3 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by RedLight1: 1:36pm On Apr 18, 2013
Abeg no drink panadol for unnecessary headache!
cool thread closed

4 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by jovie50: 1:36pm On Apr 18, 2013
Na u sabi !

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by redfly(m): 1:36pm On Apr 18, 2013
This one na wife material

19 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Tobiegal(f): 1:37pm On Apr 18, 2013

Dear you have said it all...

Now, imagine if the guy loves to ACTUALLY PLAY BALL?!

Will be hit your head on d poll?

Hubby not only watches football, he plays weekly too...

So, d earlier you understand you man, the better.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2013
coolYou just have to endure the situation, nd accept the fact that football is your rival. cool

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2013
Yes ohhhh Especially if he's a Chelsea fan., they are seriously fighting for Top 4 Finish.

If your BF is a fan of any of these clubs kindly free him till further Notice:

1. Arsenal
2. Chelsea
3. Tottenham

4. Wigan
5. Rangers
6. Reading

25 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by obingate(m): 1:39pm On Apr 18, 2013
In every relationship, one's got to be able to overlook some things in the interest of peace. Try and understand each others likes and dislikes and every other thing will fall in place

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by lekkie073(m): 1:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
Valiantvaliant: The comments so far imply that all men are addicted to football but thats not so and i am one of the few exceptions, so ma'am if you are intrested, do indicate,
then u r not a man, go confirm ur gender before its too late undecided smiley

8 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by TableLeg(m): 1:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
pkween: A fiancée called up her fiancé yester night and the reply she got was, this is a bad time to call me because I am seeing a match. Tell me, can his watching of football match be more important than the conversation with his fiancée in a distant courting relationship?

There will always be a much better time to talk ..... If he's watching football, respect that and tell him to call back when he's free!
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by mrborntodoit: 1:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
Pataki: When a man is watching football, every other thing has to freeze.

Mr man, not all men are like you oooooo, i love football die but i still set my priorities right. the truth is if you watch it or not,team when go lose go still lose .
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Soso990240(m): 1:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
Pataki: When a man is watching football, every other thing has to freeze.

even wen ur gal dey nak.ed 4 ur front? Am sure u will hav 2 read d match report 4 goal.com.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Royaldee: 1:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
let it wait for the next 90 mins. Sorry. thats just who we are
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by uchmony(m): 1:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
I have to be truthful here,football means alot to men n d ladies should understand us d way we are.my girl use to conplain until she started to understand,currently she an arsenal fan n when ever my club have to play arsenal u wil both of us yabbing each other in a lovely way.just make ur girl understand d game,she wil chose a club n support.afterall i know some girl dat are fanatics.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 18, 2013
pkween: A fiancée called up her fiancé yester night and the reply she got was, this is a bad time to call me because I am seeing a match. Tell me, can his watching of football match be more important than the conversation with his fiancée in a distant courting relationship?
yes, it is more important because we use watching of matches to drive away high blood pressure and other related stress
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Soso990240(m): 1:42pm On Apr 18, 2013
I dnt thnk i will place any other thng b4 my luv..only my money first.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? / Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? / Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.