Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,842 members, 7,828,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics (42686 Views)

On This Day: Two Years Ago, Orubebe. The Man Who Saw Tomorrow / Ambode Completes Pedestrian Bridge At Berger Bus-stop (pics) / Drunk Officer Sleeping On The Floor In Lagos At Costain Bus Stop (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by bart10: 8:03am On Nov 21, 2016
agabusta:

Your assertions are simplistic and naive. There is always a cause and effect. The economy of the nation was already spiralling down before GEJ left, and was one of the reasons he lost reelection. Unimaginable, the FG even borrowed to pay salaries before he left. PMB though also made some mistakes, but is encumbered in trying to clear the mess of the past administrations.

I completely disagree with you. The cause and effect (famously postulated by Isikawa) doesn't work this way. PMB obviously took over a delicate economy but he failed to hit the ground running. Look at Trump who's taking over a developed and stable economy and he's already forming his team but in our case PMB prevaricated for several months before choosing the most inept team of ministers. If you add this to PMB's complete lack of knowledge of the economy and dynamics of modern leadership then you will understand how he pushed the country into stagflation and recession in less than two years. The anti-corruption war he embarked on is unproductive and it adds nothing to the bottomline. He's also not sincere as he's focused on the opposition while he wine and dine with known criminals who funded his own election. It's pure retribution and I'm not surprised PMB looks like a complete failure in two years despite the fact that he promised so much. Don't forget he wanted the power so much that you would think he was prepared. Benefit of hindsight now, I'm sure he wouldn't have won that election. He's a a complete disaster if the truth must be told!
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by jumpandpas(m): 8:04am On Nov 21, 2016
crazymommy:
Anyone who thinks orubebe did that for the love of nigeria is joking,he is fighting for his own pocket..

And if he had won, the overflow would have entered your own pocket as well.
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by samsam2019: 8:05am On Nov 21, 2016
kasillars:

It is quite funny that when most ppl quote from the history lane, they always forget the paint the full picture or maybe just never finished the history class. Coz prior to 1984 when Buhari took over, the world was already heading into recession also and it affected all countries solely dependent on crude oil badly too which is exactly what is happening again. Pls, let's paint d full picture and call a spade a spade... Buhari might not av done much to help improve d situation, but he was never d cause of this problem we are facing as a country. This is a cumulative problem of all govt from military era till date who never had plans to save for d raining days or diversify d economy.
you have no shame with your lying mouth

The country was set into recession TWICE! and you're still here defending that never do well old cow. Do you think lightning strikes twice? Do you, out of your immense ignorance think it's coincidence?

Sorry for you
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by jumpandpas(m): 8:08am On Nov 21, 2016
EVILFOREST:
BITTER TRUTH , however ORUBEBE remains useless

But not as useless as the evil in the forest
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by FKseun(m): 8:08am On Nov 21, 2016
DrayZee:

Doesn't require any expertise. I'm sure that's why you believed that Buhari, a man who thinks everything, including the economy can be regulated by force, is worthy to be a President.

Ok, just tell me why the two times Nigeria has gone under recession, it was under Buhari. Or is it a coincidence?

I CAN BET THAT YOUR FATHER MUST HAVE BEEN A CIVIL SERVANTS...THE ROTTEN SET OF INDIVIDUALS WHO WERE LIVING FAR ABOVE THEIR INCOME UNDER SHAGARI'S ADMINISTRATION.
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by TheSCRYPT: 8:10am On Nov 21, 2016
samsam2019:
stop consoling yourself with stoopid lies

You guys are disgraceful and pathetic

I do not have enough time on my hands but I promise to enlighten you as soon as I do.
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by kishimi8(m): 8:10am On Nov 21, 2016
CzarChris:
Let me agree with you on this, but the entire country is suffering this hardship called recession. GEJ planned a budget of 4trillion naira and the country was sailing smoothly. Buhari put up a budget of over 6trillion naira, and people are dying everyday of hunger and millions more a packing from the cities back to the village. My question is this. If Orubebe was doing this for his pocket and succeeded, won't you have preferred to be able to thrive and grow to what is currently going on in the country? (that's assuming you are in Nigeria)

Is budget equal to money available for spending?
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by Topmaike007(m): 8:11am On Nov 21, 2016
DrayZee:

And who devalued the naira to that extent? Wasn't it the same Buhari?
He is the author of his own problems.
how did he devalue your naira when all what you Nigerians do is dependable on foreign goods only... When naira was equivalent to dollar we were producing our things ourselves.. For instance the volkswagen kano produce lots of the car our parents use back then.. The oil we were exporting then wasn't crude oil but palm oil. But now we even import the same palm oil from foreign countries claiming is the best and abandoning our prestigious agriculture Nigeria can never conquer Dollar unless we start investing and producing our own things our selves.
Japan conquer USA after the world war with self production they believe in what they do than what other nations bring..
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by oloriooko(m): 8:11am On Nov 21, 2016
I can't just believe some azzholes still stick out their brainless necks for this most clueless leader
Is it not obvious to the blind that bubu never had any plan for the economy?
All he planned was to cause chaos and make the country ungovernable if he was not declared winner of the election!
Bubu is all about trial and error with little or no clue on economic policies rather all he wanted was vengeance at the expense of the well being of the nation
The state of shock of the economy is as a result of bubu direct malhandling of the economy and his stubborn I know it all attitude
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by jumpandpas(m): 8:12am On Nov 21, 2016
agabusta:

Your assertions are simplistic and naive. There is always a cause and effect. The economy of the nation was already spiralling down before GEJ left, and was one of the reasons he lost reelection. Unimaginable, the FG even borrowed to pay salaries before he left. PMB though also made some mistakes, but is encumbered in trying to clear the mess of the past administrations.

You that is not naive, in 1984 whose mess was Buhari clearing that plunged Nigeria into recession

1 Like

Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by victorazy(m): 8:14am On Nov 21, 2016
EWAagoyin:
Godforbid bad thing I'm typical Yoruba man from Abeokuta. yes Brown roof republic because when my great grandfathers and mothers were going to school making money and could afford to build with iron sheets urs were somewhere in enugu or anambra under a hut taking snuff.

grin grin so ur still sleeping under the roof of ur great grandfather grin grin
What is the essence of the school?
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by agabusta: 8:14am On Nov 21, 2016
jumpandpas:

You that is not naive, in 1984 whose mess was Buhari clearing that plunged Nigeria into recession

Shagari's mess.
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by Toks2008(m): 8:16am On Nov 21, 2016
CzarChris:
Let me agree with you on this, but the entire country is suffering this hardship called recession. GEJ planned a budget of 4trillion naira and the country was sailing smoothly. Buhari put up a budget of over 6trillion naira, and people are dying everyday of hunger and millions more a packing from the cities back to the village. My question is this. If Orubebe was doing this for his pocket and succeeded, won't you have preferred to be able to thrive and grow to what is currently going on in the country? (that's assuming you are in Nigeria)

I really feel scared right now reading this comment from an educated youth I presume.

Oh yes we are going through hardship but for Petes sake the present dilemma is as a result of dwindling oil price that now hovers around 21 to 35usd per barrel unlike 100 to 160 during 16 years of PDP Era. ..
this people failed to diversify our economy and looted the reserve the oil boom Era made buoyant.

Our dwindling economy is made worse by the activities of Niger delta avengers who have crippled the production of crude despite the fallen price.

If every youths reason the way you do then the future of this country is bleak
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by yinkslinks(m): 8:19am On Nov 21, 2016
Bro there is a vision, his gone already. All you see now is just his reflection!
luvinhubby:

Please present your data.

GEJ left fuel at 87 per liter without queues, Buhari made it 145 per liter 8 months after, and that was after they told us his body language has repaired all the refineries.

The economy recorded 3.5% growth in 1st quarter of 2015 & went into a recession 6 months after.

Talking of causes & effect, some foreign CEOs of coys in Nigeria went to Buhari and cautioned him to tone down his rhetorics, he refused & $80 biillion in capital left Nigeria. Also, the elders of the South-south tried to seek audience with him after his swearing-in but he refused and went to U.S to call them 5% and the result is the resumption of millitancy that is responsible also for this economic mess.

Buhari is a failed leader, let him just go.
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by progress69: 8:19am On Nov 21, 2016
luvinhubby:

Please present your data.

GEJ left fuel at 87 per liter without queues, Buhari made it 145 per liter 8 months after, and that was after they told us his body language has repaired all the refineries.

The economy recorded 3.5% growth in 1st quarter of 2015 & went into a recession 6 months after.

Talking of causes & effect, some foreign CEOs of coys in Nigeria went to Buhari and cautioned him to tone down his rhetorics, he refused & $80 biillion in capital left Nigeria. Also, the elders of the South-south tried to seek audience with him after his swearing-in but he refused and went to U.S to call them 5% and the result is the resumption of millitancy that is responsible also for this economic mess.

Buhari is a failed leader, let him just go.

How can you say a counter slid into reccession in 6 months? Hatred will.let you lie to your death.
See any economic jargons u like, just likr saying Nigeria slid to reccession in 6 months, sane people kniw that Nigeria was already sinking before this government came to power. Oil slid to as low as $28 per barrel. If the status quo was left, reccession was inevitable.
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by Charly68: 8:19am On Nov 21, 2016
Yeye man,Orubebe didn't stop fraudulent diversion of our national resources ,he did not stop flagrant looting of CBN and the total collapse of the economy before they handed over! What a comedy ! The truth be told that the country would have been worse off if PDP won the poll in 2015 . Their Govt of caring and sharing for members only led us to where we are ; Baba Buhari is just too unlucky to assume power at a time like this. .Even the ministers that Nigerians are blaming for inaction ought not to be because they have no fund to execute their ministries budget,so where have they erred ?
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by progress69: 8:20am On Nov 21, 2016
Toks2008:

I really feel scared right now reading this comment from an educated youth I presume.

Oh yes we are going through hardship but for Petes sake the present dilemma is as a result of dwindling oil price that now hovers around 21 to 35usd per barrel unlike 100 to 160 during 16 years of PDP Era. ..
this people failed to diversify our economy and looted the reserve the oil boom Era made buoyant.

Our dwindling economy is made worse by the activities of Niger delta avengers who have crippled the production of crude despite the fallen price.

If as youths we reason this way you do then the future of this country is bleak

Leave this people.
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by Toks2008(m): 8:21am On Nov 21, 2016
jumpandpas:

I don't know your age but in 1984 I was quite mentally mature to know what happened and the last time I checked Buhari was not even allowed to sanitize the country before he was removed after less than 2 years of assuming office.

Today we are asking for his head when he is barely 2years in office but we were so OK for 16 years when PDP was running our nation dry while throwing crumbs at us.
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by ikwubaba: 8:26am On Nov 21, 2016
x12345678x:

My dear brother, oil price hasn't averaged for 110. Doll/bbl since I can remember (at least since 2012). So I nor know where u get ur info from. Secondly if ur asking who saw d biggest price slump percentage den it was d previous administration cuz prices fell from 102$/bbl in Jan 2014 to 52$/bbl by March when dey left. Dats a whooping 50% decrease. So u see... don't just throw data from ur rear end.

Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by Kfed4ril(m): 8:28am On Nov 21, 2016
Aufbauh:

4trillion naira at $165 = $24billion; crude oil sales averaged $110/barrel
6trillion naira at $385 = $15billion; crude oil sales peaked at $42/barrel.

This is our purchasing power in the world market which is popularly referred to as FX under the said comparative administration of GEJ & PMB.
It is instructive to note that this FX largely contribute to our GDP and consequently our standard of living as a consumer dependent economy whose major source of income is crude oil sales.

Sometimes you guys chunk out information without depth to defend your sentiment. undecided

Bro please stop spilling trash
Like a year before GEJ left office the price of crude oil per barrel was already less than $72.
And dollar to naira was 199-216.
Is it our fault that buhari was useless enough to allow the naira fall as low as 450 to a $?
Bro buhari during his campaign promised to stabilize crude oil prices and make 1naira =$1, is it our fault that his level of illiteracy made him not to understand that one man alone can't stabilize crude oil prices world wide?
During his campaign he made mention of diversifying the economy but my brother reverse has been the case, GEJ did better the buhari in terms of diversifying. And so on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by Skillz02(m): 8:33am On Nov 21, 2016
CzarChris:

Illiterate Nigerians will believe you but oga let me enlighten you whether you like it or not The hardship currently wrecking Nigerians is because every Nigerian is a beneficiary of corruption now someone has blocked all this leakages & we are now suffering.
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by altitudee: 8:34am On Nov 21, 2016
Aufbauh:

This is our purchasing power in the world market which is popularly referred to as FX under the said comparative administration of GEJ & PMB.
It is instructive to note that this FX largely contribute to our GDP and consequently our standard of living as a consumer dependent economy whose major source of income is crude oil sales.

Sometimes you guys chunk out information without depth to defend your sentiment. undecided

I just loved learned and well informed people....People post based on sentiment such as he is my brother, we re from this same region....PLease wake up people and follow the facts
this said it all

1 Like

Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by Kfed4ril(m): 8:35am On Nov 21, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
Jonathan and his igbo dominated cabinet ruined this country

Fucckk you
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by altitudee: 8:39am On Nov 21, 2016
Kfed4ril:

Bro please stop spilling trash
Like a year before GEJ left office the price of crude oil per barrel was already less than $72.
And dollar to naira was 199-216.
Is it our fault that buhari was useless enough to allow the naira fall as low as 450 to a $?
Bro buhari during his campaign promised to stabilize crude oil prices and make 1naira =$1, is it our fault that his level of illiteracy made him not to understand that one man alone can't stabilize crude oil prices world wide?
During his campaign he made mention of diversifying the economy but my brother reverse has been the case, GEJ did better the buhari in terms of diversifying. And so on

thank God u said a year not the whole six years....
even at $72 naira was still below N230 to a doller...

you said he allowed the naira to fall as low as 450 to a $...
Please enlighten me..How did he do that?
waiting for well informed answer from you and not sentiment...thanks
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by altitudee: 8:44am On Nov 21, 2016
ikwubaba:

more information please...this is how to solve problem
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by altitudee: 8:47am On Nov 21, 2016
Toks2008:

If every youths reason the way you do then the future of this country is bleak

now i believe not everybody is dull... there is hope for Nigeria
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by UceeTrust(m): 8:49am On Nov 21, 2016
DrayZee:

And who devalued the naira to that extent? Wasn't it the same Buhari?
He is the author of his own problems.
When the PMB said devaluation has not added any value to us as a nation since inception, Nigerians and the quack economic professors in this country were shouting devalue the naira, Buhari devalue the naira. Now, the naira has been devalued, the sameNigerians are shout the president does not understand how the economy works, that price of every thing has sky rocketed, forgetting that we are an import dependent nation.
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by altitudee: 8:51am On Nov 21, 2016
wow! information is power.... don't come to this forum n give trash.. this a five years chart

Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by trueking: 8:54am On Nov 21, 2016
it's only very big fools that will see the activities of this administration and still be supporting them .
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 21, 2016
PedroJP:
A monumental failure since 1984, brought back in 2015 for the present to witness hardship he brings and confirm his failure record.

His illiteracy made him the only head of state overthrown without a single shot fired. All he knows is to scatter an already built system. What a juvenile attitude in an adult.

A leader plans and aims his target, not where we have buhari. He only wants a well prepared bed of roses so that he can come and roll from one end to another shinning his 32 without even bothering on how to keep the bed of roses intact. What a cow being !
My brother, you took the words outta my mouth! Bravo!
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by excel101(m): 9:02am On Nov 21, 2016
FKseun:

I CAN BET THAT YOUR FATHER MUST HAVE BEEN A CIVIL SERVANTS...THE ROTTEN SET OF INDIVIDUALS WHO WERE LIVING FAR ABOVE THEIR INCOME UNDER SHAGARI'S ADMINISTRATION.
Instead of responding to a very simple question, you took it personal by insulting the fellow. Just tell us that you don't have anything upstairs and you're as inept as the one you're defending.
Re: See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics by jumpandpas(m): 9:02am On Nov 21, 2016
Toks2008:

I don't know your age but in 1984 I was quite mentally mature to know what happened and the last time I checked Buhari was not even allowed to sanitize the country before he was removed after less than 2 years of assuming office.

Today we are asking for his head when he is barely 2years in office but we were so OK for 16 years when PDP was running our nation dry while throwing crumbs at us.

How many years did Buhari say it will take him to solve all the problems of Nigeria including Boko Haram?. Can you tell me just one achievement of Buhari since he was born.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Vote APC In 2023" Titi Abubakar Suffers Gaffe, Urges Support For APC (Video) / Notable signatures of Lugard, Zik, Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello, Gani, Ojukwu & others / Olayomi Koiki Storms Lagos Streets, Canvasses For Creation Of Yoruba Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.