Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,115 members, 7,828,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. (31056 Views)

I Wish To Marry Her But Her Parents Want To Spoil The Plan / My Girlfriend Told Me She Is Not In Good Health And Wouldn't Want Me To Suffer / She Wants Me To Buy Her 66k Phone, But Doesn't Want Me To Touch Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by repogirl(f): 5:06pm On Nov 21, 2016
Say you will marry him but after school , then when school finish, change your mind that you won't marry!

Rubbish! What kind of parents are those ones sef? It's as if they are looking for the nearest person to offload you on because they don't want to take care of your expenses anymore.

I would advice you to find something of your own doing. A part-time job or Wig making, make up, fashion design etc....something that can get you some money, cos these your parents are just looking for who to take care of their responsibilities.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 21, 2016
Naijaboiy1:
19 years?

What sort of parents do you have? undecided
This is the first time i am seeing you operate an alternate.. How are you?
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by automatix: 5:07pm On Nov 21, 2016
Toniaeloho:

I asked them for their reasons but they said they want what is best for me. My mom likes him because he is from her tribe and stays close to our house I am the first daughter and they want to want to get married early because they think it will bring honour to the family
It is now clear you are igbo. This can only happen in a place like that. I guess you should just stall the whole arrangement till you grad. Get a job and move out of the house.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by automatix: 5:10pm On Nov 21, 2016
DDeliverer:
Why don't you love this guy, my dear op?

Marry him..the love would grow afterwards...!!

Don't say "I'm too young".."there is plenty more time"..because those are exactly what sister meg said and today she is 49, No husband, No children...

And forget about that your poor coursemate you are dating....this is real life!! wink
RUBBISH! so she should forfeit her happiness cos of what?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by legibow: 5:10pm On Nov 21, 2016
Toh run commot from ouse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Toniaeloho(f): 5:13pm On Nov 21, 2016
linearity:

When dem go act the part 2 of this cock and bull movie self?

You are 19 years old and in your final year? Or you meant final year for secondary school and your parents dey force you to marry for secondary?
Final year in the university.
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 21, 2016
Toniaeloho:
A man in his late twenties approached me to marry him. I was not attracted to him neither was he a very friendly person. I told my mom about it and she advised me to think about it carefully.

After much thought, I decided to refuse because he seemed in hurry to marry me even when he barely knew me.

My parents got so angry with me. They said I should say agree because he is God fearing, has a good job( he owns a school) and they like him. I still refused , the man told me to marry him because he likes me and my parents like him. I tried reasoning with him but he told me that in those days girls marry men their parents approve.

My parents have threatened to not support my schooling if I refuse. I have tried to love this guy but I just can't. My parents esp my mom like him too much. I am not allowed to say a bad word against him. I am in my final year at school and 19 year old.

What should I do?

honour your parents so the bible said, am sowi am telling this because all men are liars just d word of God true......do not refuse d request of your parent if your faith is as strong as I am viewing it ryt now go To God in prayers let him speak to your parents

ur parents are not wicked do not despise dem ur blessing is being tied down to dem, you ar young I agree even me won't allow my sis to get married dat age but they are your parents after all
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by SolexxBarry(m): 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2016
Follow your heart girl
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2016
Biko what is the age difference
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 21, 2016
lepasharon:

Oya comot am grin

No one should be a slave to money just sayin..

If I comot am I go use am flog your flat nyash, u can't even use one hand to hold my big cassava, ur two hands no fit hold am round, ur mouth 2 small.

Money gives a better standard of living and I'll keep hustling money till I die.
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by IYANGBALI: 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2016
you better gree before your engine go knock and cucumber is now very expenses in the market

1 Like

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Toniaeloho(f): 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2016
repogirl:
Say you will marry him but after school , then when school finish, change your mind that you won't marry!

Rubbish! What kind of parents are those ones sef? It's as if they are looking for the nearest person to offload you on because they don't want to take care of your expenses anymore.

I would advice you to find something of your own doing. A part-time job or Wig making, make up, fashion design etc....something that can get you some money, cos these your parents are just looking for who to take care of their responsibilities.
I plan on following your advice. It's surprising since my parents are well to do. I think they are just scared I will bring a poor boy from a tribe they hate and I will say I love him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by mgumm: 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2016
kukuma run leav d house for dem
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Shafiiimran99: 5:19pm On Nov 21, 2016
talktonase:
that's the problem with this generation of ours...streaks and smells of rebellion and disobedience...And you want to live long enough to make heaven tongue
Marriage is about agreement btw 2 persons if one ready to agree and other is not, how do u want them to cope
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by henrimoto(m): 5:20pm On Nov 21, 2016
Masonic:

TBH, I think there's something you're not letting out. What kind of honour would an early marriage bring? Are your folks still living in the stone age?

Look mami, its your life.. Your future.. Its in your hands. Your folks won't endure a painful marriage with you. I think you should do what makes you u happy. You shouldn't be scared about their threat, you are already in your finals and truth be told, our parents love to make empty threats. They'll eventually come around.
@tonia , re-read this post over and over again.

Don't be scared about their threat!
Your future happiness is at stake here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by JOSHUA00731(m): 5:23pm On Nov 21, 2016
so u wanna marry at d age of 19?? .. ur parent didn't tink of ur future.. well I can't say u shud go against d will of ur parent but to me.. ko jooooo..
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by lepasharon(f): 5:25pm On Nov 21, 2016
Funnicator:

If I comot am I go use am flog your flat nyash, u can't even use one hand to hold my big cassava, ur two hands no fit hold am round, ur mouth 2 small.

Money gives a better standard of living and I'll keep hustling money till I die.
embarassed
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by metallisc(m): 5:26pm On Nov 21, 2016
TheRealestGuy:
Wow.

You're so good that you can know people's tribe from their post.

undecided

that shows you the level of her reasoning faculty... she is so sure the OP IS igbo, even when her name is Eloho! Soooooo smart! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Techguyz(m): 5:26pm On Nov 21, 2016
Toniaeloho:
A man in his late twenties approached me to marry him. I was not attracted to him neither was he a very friendly person. I told my mom about it and she advised me to think about it carefully.

After much thought, I decided to refuse because he seemed in hurry to marry me even when he barely knew me.

My parents got so angry with me. They said I should say agree because he is God fearing, has a good job( he owns a school) and they like him. I still refused , the man told me to marry him because he likes me and my parents like him. I tried reasoning with him but he told me that in those days girls marry men their parents approve.

My parents have threatened to not support my schooling if I refuse. I have tried to love this guy but I just can't. My parents esp my mom like him too much. I am not allowed to say a bad word against him. I am in my final year at school and 19 year old.

What should I do?

Be honest this woman!!

Nine[b]Teen[/b] years??

ya parents no try bdat na...
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 21, 2016
Shes nt igbo by d moniker n igbo chics knw whn 2leave broke guys 4greener pastures...hustle is real
Op follow ur heart bt carry ur head along as well
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Came: 5:27pm On Nov 21, 2016
19, and in final year... You no finish secondary education before you enter? After university education, wetin again? Na to marry or get better work, and start making money ... You no like the man ....I sure say you don test one boyfriend way dey scatter your dada for that school... Think well oooo.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by samsam2019: 5:28pm On Nov 21, 2016
Naijaboiy1:
19 years?

What sort of parents do you have? undecided
poverty stricken ones (sorry to say)
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 21, 2016
lepasharon:
embarassed
follow me to the other room, lemme FLOG your flat nyash till you love money.
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Masonic(m): 5:29pm On Nov 21, 2016
talktonase:
She should simply honour her father and her mother for her days to be long...

Are you sure you're not the supposed groom? grin

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by haksjoe(m): 5:30pm On Nov 21, 2016
Estharfabian:
lipsrsealed
So, This is the 21st century. People Marry for love... Not because your Parents say he's good for you. what do they even know? last I checked, maturity isn't a yardstick for wisdom. We've got dumb, Old people too.

Sweety, If you don't love this-this Grandpa, don't marry HIM! you'd only be miserable for life. I mean, You're Still young. Really young... This is the stage Where you should fall deeply in love, Have fun, Explore the world.

Your parents threats are just barks. I guess? they can't kill you. if they're Your real parents, Then, They won't do you anything. except, well, except they're really evil, Shallow and don't care about your own feelings..DON'T MARRY HIM! Pleeeeease! Sheeesh!
I go with u 100%.
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Annalise(f): 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2016
This story would have gone completely left if the OP was a Muslim.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by talktonase(m): 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2016
Shafiiimran99:

Marriage is about agreement btw 2 persons if one ready to agree and other is not, how do u want them to cope
Agreement between the two parties only comes from borrowed western cultures. Parental consent is key in this part of the world...
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Towncrier007(m): 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2016
I see bad gang people creating new account same day posting on NL some cooked up stories... just to hit front page, Ogun is watching all of u
Check out the date registered, this kind fake stories for NLFP

1 Like

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by ameezy(m): 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2016
Rone16:
Agh 19..That's too early oh or are you the only child
angry
Why u put blank picture
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by crisycent: 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2016
You fit come dey with me first. cool
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by millionboi(m): 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2016
tee59:
I know ur parents are igbo who lik money dan anytn.. Money is d only language dis igbo women understand, dat is why dey encourage their toddlers to get married to rich dudes wtout considering their happiness and joy. Igbo people and money, only God can separate dem. I kno d guy must be rich.
as u like money,transfer d one weh dey ur account com mine.

#see ur mouth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Proposes To His Girlfriend With 3 Diamond Rings / Yoruba Terms Of Endearment / To The Guys, What Was Your First Wooing Experience Like ? Share With Us.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.