Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,416 members, 7,830,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform (28777 Views)

Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge / Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI / Aso Rock Shakes As Top International Lawyer Blows Hot, Calls Buhari To Order!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by LorDBolton(m): 10:46am On Nov 22, 2016
Captainbells:

And with all the bullocks you just wrote, you think you've made sense??
Funny how you guys drown yourselves in politics and the end result is a total failure
Nigeria as a whole is a failed state

The state Government should be responsible for the welfare of her citizens, and you know what welfare is, don't you?
Now having people walk that bridge isnt a very assuring site that they have a functioning government in that state..

You fight all you care on NL and still plunge yourselves into deep shambles by electing crooks and tyrants.
Cow

A new bridge will be ready by latest march/april next year( latest) and i'm sure it it will be sited @ tipper b/s

Construction on The new one at ojota is progressing well.

One thing I've observed is LASG is a functioning govt.

1 Like

Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 22, 2016
sparkleRed:

Ur problem is ignorance mehn ah lipsrsealed undecided
And with your text speak, you think you are wise?
Go back and learn how to properly write and then come back and quote me! kiss

4 Likes

Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by fkdmods: 10:52am On Nov 22, 2016
ehispapa:
i am always scared when i see pics of Nigeria. that country is very backward and underdeveloped. i need not wonder why an average Nigerian never want to come back home after crossing the bother. what a rot!!

You can say that again.
Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by mrblessed(m): 10:53am On Nov 22, 2016
Captainbells:

And with all the bullocks you just wrote, you think you've made sense??
Funny how you guys drown yourselves in politics and the end result is a total failure
Nigeria as a whole is a failed state

The state Government should be responsible for the welfare of her citizens, and you know what welfare is, don't you?
Now having people walk that bridge isnt a very assuring site that they have a functioning government in that state..

You fight all you care on NL and still plunge yourselves into deep shambles by electing crooks and tyrants.
Cow
I don't know politics section has a police, whose duty is to monitor people's previous post, assessing their eligibility or otherwise. Hahahhahaha. I think this is a strange way of getting the lady know who you are. And, of course, coming in the form of a critic is fair game.
Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by awennie(f): 10:54am On Nov 22, 2016
iamphotoshoot:

You have very little sense.
The state government doesn't operate with Magic. If, no one reports the incidence, the government wouldn't know, and nothing would be done.
Be rest assured that now that they do, efforts would be made to avoid any danger.
Think before you comment next time ma'am

you do not have to insult to make your point

2 Likes

Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by Smooyis(m): 10:55am On Nov 22, 2016
Maintenance is our problem. But let's give it to Ambode. He's a dynamic and responsive governor. grin
Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by ogunsj: 10:55am On Nov 22, 2016
austinosita:

Oga, you don't ridicule people anyhow because you want to make a point.

Ambode boy, the government knows that lagos is highly populated and majority do not have cars, they should have checked the conditions of all the bridges, and fix all bad ones, before enforcing "No express crossing" law!

Her sense may be little but still better than yours!

on no express crossing, on which interest? does ambode runs across the highway like the antelope? people die crossing Lagos highways every blessed day. the govt is adding additional bridge to the one at ojota so they will do likewise at ketu. the govt does not have to fix everything before stopping people from committing suicide on the highways and putting innocent motorists in trouble.
Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by LorDBolton(m): 10:56am On Nov 22, 2016
ehispapa:
i am always scared when i see pics of Nigeria. that country is very backward and underdeveloped. i need not wonder why an average Nigerian never want to come back home after crossing the bother. what a rot!!

Oga below are pics of crowded NY streets and beijing streets.

Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by theemy(m): 10:58am On Nov 22, 2016
oboy3:
Na wa,see as people weight bend bridge
. Baba u dey lie aw dat bridge take bend haba grin grin cheesy
Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by Adenex3051(m): 10:59am On Nov 22, 2016
Its good this made front page. I witnessed it first hand Friday 11th of this month. I came to Lagos for a wedding and had to use the bridge around 8pm. It was Scarry , people almost fell off with the pushing, dragging and all sorts.
I beg d Lagos state govt to do something about it. LET NOT THIS DISASTER HAPPEN PLSSSS. GOV. AMBODE DO SOMETHING

1 Like

Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by Nukualofa: 11:02am On Nov 22, 2016
iamphotoshoot:

The state government doesn't operate with Magic. If, no one reports the incidence, the government wouldn't know, and nothing would be done.
Be rest assured that now that they do, efforts would be made to avoid any danger.
Go siddon. All this argument make u to carry last for Mr Nairaland
Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by kings09(m): 11:03am On Nov 22, 2016
Wch kain question some ppl de ask. I hope it's a joke
Mavin1:
Na by force to live in Lagos?
Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by redcliff: 11:03am On Nov 22, 2016
Lagos is over populated. That is something no one is talking about!

1 Like

Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 22, 2016
mrblessed:
I don't know politics section has a police, whose duty is to monitor people's previous post, assessing their eligibility or otherwise. Hahahhahaha. I think this is a strange way of getting the lady know who you are. And, of course, coming in the form of a critic is fair game.
LOL
I swear I'm shocked..
I only made a comment out of general knowledge.
Didn't think it'd get their heads raging..

Never been to Lagos before, oh wait I've been just once and it was only cause I was coming in through their airport
It wasn't a good experience..

Now if I've just made a comment questioning the credibility of the government, I don't think it should be tagged ignorant.
In simple terms, explain to me instead of going through my posts to ascertain if I'm eligible to comment in politics section!!
You Nigerians have got raging hormones I swear! grin

4 Likes

Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by alaskido(m): 11:05am On Nov 22, 2016
Before the government embark in demarcating the express way and preventing people from crossing the express, they should have considered building a second foot bridge and re-enforce the existing one. This is not rocket science. The government is fully aware of the population within Ketu area and considering that is the only foot bridge within that area.

1 Like

Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by johnstar(m): 11:05am On Nov 22, 2016
U wey dey waka pass dis bridge hold ue pocket and hand bag well o

Dm go obtain u der ehn grin
Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by fineyemi(m): 11:08am On Nov 22, 2016
morereb10:
oboy oboy

people too much ooo
People are not much. People are many
Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by holaralph(m): 11:10am On Nov 22, 2016
ALL THE GOVT NEED TO DO IS TO JUST BRACE THE BRIDGE IN THE MIDDLE BEFORE THEY CAN CONSTRUCT ANOTHER BRIDGE, HOW CAN A CONTRACTOR BUILD A BRIDGE WITHOUT BRACING IT IN THE MIDDLE
Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by lordyugo: 11:12am On Nov 22, 2016
iamphotoshoot:

actually u are the one wit little sense cos a govt shouldn't wait for its duty to be reported to it before it carries it out, thats called competence

1 Like

Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by mrblessed(m): 11:13am On Nov 22, 2016
Captainbells:

LOL
I swear I'm shocked..
I only made a comment out of general knowledge.
Didn't think it'd get their heads raging..

Never been to Lagos before, oh wait I've been just once and it was only cause I was coming in through their airport
It wasn't a good experience..

Now if I've just made a comment questioning the credibility of the government, I don't think it should be tagged ignorant.
In simple terms, explain to me instead of going through my posts to ascertain if I'm eligible to comment in politics section!!
You Nigerians have got raging hormones I swear! grin
I don't appreciate the last sentence of your easy because it is sweeping, and it didn't create a wiggle room for treat. Nonetheless, we have a patronage-based political culture. What it means it that if I support a government, that government is absolutely immune from criticism - whether constructive or destructive. It says a lot about our political maturity and why development has eluded us - including the disdain treatment we routinely receive from our elected officials. When you type 'you nigerians', ain't you part of us?

1 Like

Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 22, 2016
ogunsj:
on no express crossing, on which interest? does ambode runs across the highway like the antelope? people die crossing Lagos highways every blessed day. the govt is adding additional bridge to the one at ojota so they will do likewise at ketu. the govt does not have to fix everything before stopping people from committing suicide on the highways and putting innocent motorists in trouble.

All these Ambode boiz just don't know how to drive their point home! You also don't need to exaggerate! People die every blessed day crossing the road and we don't get to hear about it or see it! Bloggers don't post it! People don't die everyday crossing the road, oga!

I'm not in support of people crossing the road, but my point is very lucid.

More so, motorists don't speed on ketu road. There's always traffic there, majorly caused by danfos picking passengers, which enables people cross easily.
Your lastma can't even do anything about them because they accept bribe from them!!

I know what I'm telling you because I ply that road almost everyday.

Don't come hear to post rubbish because you want to support your master that don't fvcking care about you, and only cares about his pocket.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by adicious(m): 11:17am On Nov 22, 2016
Time bomb
Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by UjSizzle(f): 11:19am On Nov 22, 2016
iamphotoshoot:

Actually you should think before yelling at the young man. We're talking about a government incapable of anticipating problems with a policy before implementation.
A fee months ago Ojota faced similar crisis after the road was barred. After weeks of suffering, the government finally decided to do construct a wider bridge.

The bridge in Ketu is one of the oldest in the state. Yet it's located few kilometres away from Ojota (sporting a newer bridge btw). Ketu also serves as a link for people heading towards Berger and other outskirt city of the state and yet the government chose to close off the road again without making necessary arrangements.

The government shouldn't implement policies first and then try to fix collateral damage afterwards. We keep talking about palliative measures, yet no one really thinks of it when it should matter.

6 Likes

Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 22, 2016
Yet Lagos asked for special status APC Mullers throw it out at first mention. A state with a quarter of naija population.
Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by morereb10: 11:34am On Nov 22, 2016
fineyemi:
People are not much. People are many

na idea we need bro, if u no understand me, u no go correct me

thank God u understand as well as many

professor emeritus

1 Like

Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by fineyemi(m): 11:38am On Nov 22, 2016
morereb10:

na idea we need bro, if u no understand me, u no go correct me

thank God u understand as well as many

professor emeritus
Thank you sir
Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by moyarhtohbadt(f): 11:43am On Nov 22, 2016
Captainbells:
And that state is supposed to have a government in charge??
Sweetheart I have noticed your comments on front page threads, coolies! But please before you put up a comment, read the post, read the post again, take a deep breath, relax get your brain involved then go ahead and type. Don't just jump to it. No offense intended. Thank you in advance.
Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by moyarhtohbadt(f): 11:47am On Nov 22, 2016
iamphotoshoot:

I had not even seen this before I typed to her. Supposed graduates and under graduates.

1 Like

Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by Dare2Try(m): 11:50am On Nov 22, 2016
Naija which way Na
Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by Originalsly: 12:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
iamphotoshoot:

The State Government seems to operate with Magic. Before enforcing the law they should've anticipated this overcrowding.... they should've checked the condition of the bridge ... done structural test to know if the bridge can withstand such traffic... done the needed repairs ..in fact... if it was ever designed to bear such weight. That's their job to ensure the safety of the public. Who would you blame when the railings or the bridge collapse and lives are lost? This is like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. You have very little sense.
Re: DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
moyarhtohbadt:
Sweetheart I have noticed your comments on front page threads, coolies! But please before you put up a comment, read the post, read the post again, take a deep breath, relax get your brain involved then go ahead and type. Don't just jump to it. No offense intended. Thank you in advance.
Hunny I'd advise you stay away from my comment if you have nothing reasonable to write!
And I mean nothing reasonable!!!
Couldn't even make a head or tail of the rubbish you just wrote..

Next time pick a book and educate yourself on supposedly government priorities before coming to tell me what to say!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don’t Give Fashola Appointment,civil Society Group Tells Buhari-PUNCH / Tragedy!! APC Chieftain Shot Dead In Ekiti [Photo] / $13 Billion Paris Club Refunds: How LINAS, Ned Nwoko Were Threatened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.