Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas (9429 Views)

Zimbabwean Man Murders Sex Worker For Not Performing Up To Expectation / Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda / Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 06, 2009
JeSoul:

Prez sir, my point is simply this: 'All' terrorists so far have been muslims BUT not all muslims are terrorists. And no amount of political correctness can soften that truth.

And you will see I ended by inviting the peaceful muslims to condemn this tragedy becos they are so often incredibly silent when these kinds of terrorist acts occur. I will never forget 9/11 . . .  t[b]hey were celebrating on the streets of the middle eastern countries[/b], their clerics did not speak out against it, their ayatollahs remained silent, yet we are to swallow the propaganda that theirs is a religion of peace?

That's too far . . . i found out about 9-11 from the muslims crowded around my door that morning celebrating the fall of the twin towers. That was the moment i went from being a naive, "tolerant" fellow to one who passionately despises islam and all it stands for. That was the moment i realised that islam = death.

But allahu akbar all the same.
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by xreal: 8:02pm On Nov 06, 2009
I wonder why he should be allowed into the U.S in  the first place.
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by JeSoul(f): 8:13pm On Nov 06, 2009
davidylan:

That's too far . . . i found out about 9-11 from the muslims crowded around my door that morning celebrating the fall of the twin towers. That was the moment i went from being a naive, "tolerant" fellow to one who passionately despises islam and all it stands for. That was the moment i realised that islam = death.

I guess I shouldn't be suprised. 2 pages and counting and we are yet to see a strong, unequivocal denouncement of this tragedy by the peaceful NL muslims . . .

offtopic: David I just wanted to say the last 4 paragraphs of your last entry on the "what it takes to be a christian" thread was moving and convicted even me who barely goes to the religion section anymore. I thank you for that.
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by Ikomi(m): 8:52pm On Nov 06, 2009
davidylan:

Noooooooooo. The people crowded outside your door are the "tolerant" naive muslims.

I guess they should have blown you sky high, then and only then, I Ikomi would have finally shouted allahu akbar all the same.
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by TayoD1(m): 9:10pm On Nov 06, 2009
@pres-elect,

perhaps if it turns out that he is a muslim, his identity will change to terrorist.
One thing is common with ALL the people labelled terrorists.  They intend to use the medium of fear and death to effect political changes.  Driving those intentions are ideological persuasions.

I can no more call the Colorado gunman a terrorist than I can call a common criminal who kills to steal from another a terrorist.  The muslim officer who killed his colleagues did so to make a political point to pacify his ideological conscience.  The Colorado gunman probably commited that crime to settle a personal score.  Both men however should be hanged on a tree and fed to vultures.  Better still, the terrorists should be fed to pigs, after being injected with the swine flu of course.  cheesy
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by Ibime(m): 9:21pm On Nov 06, 2009
Instead of Obama worrying about changing the "dont ask, dont tell" policy, I think its better to review the policy of sending muslim soldiers to fight against their brothers in the Middle-East. In situations where there might be a possible conflict of interest, muslim soldiers should be put on non-combatant duty to stop this ish from happening again.
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 06, 2009
maybe.

this is not like the Nigerian situation where Naijas will gladly do each other in for little or no incentive.
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by TayoD1(m): 9:25pm On Nov 06, 2009
@Ibime,

If we start excluding muslims from duties that they've sworn to uphold, when are we going to start excusing heterosexuals or homosexuals from combat simply because they do not want to kill people with similar sexual orientations?  Afterall, liberals have started  grouping people based on their sexual persuasions!
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by JeSoul(f): 9:29pm On Nov 06, 2009
Tayo-D:

@pres-elect,
One thing is common with ALL the people labelled terrorists.  They intend to use the medium of fear and death to effect political changes.  Driving those intentions are ideological persuasions.

I can no more call the Colorado gunman a terrorist than I can call a common criminal who kills to steal from another a terrorist.  The muslim officer who killed his colleagues did so to make a political point to pacify his ideological conscience.  The Colorado gunman probably commited that crime to settle a personal score.  Both men however should be hanged on a tree and fed to vultures. Better still, the terrorists should be fed to pigs, after being injected with the swine flu of course.  cheesy  
 Tayo, this is grossly unfair and insensitive of you . . . what did those poor pigs do to deserve such a thing?

Ibime:

Instead of Obama worrying about changing the "dont ask, dont tell" policy, I think its better to review the policy of sending muslim soldiers to fight against their brothers in the Middle-East. In situations where there might be a possible conflict of interest, muslim soldiers should be put on non-combatant duty to stop this ish from happening again.
 Then where does it end? Christians should not be deployed should there arise a conflict in a 'christian' nation? Hindus? Buddhists?  

How about if any prospective soldier examine himself/herself and determine if their personal belief system will hinder them from fighting in any war not enlist at all in the first place? How can anyone join the army and then complain about having to fight in a war? I don't get it.
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by preselect(m): 9:47pm On Nov 06, 2009
@tayo,
you mean the colorado shooter was not interested in a political point?( to end abortions) anyway, at least we agree on one thing . . . they should all be shot. but as far as i'm concerned, any hoodlum who carries a gun and attacks unarmed civilians whom they dont know and who did nothing to them . . . are terrorists. spin it how u want. wether they did it in the name of allah, or in the name of some psychiatric pathology, is irrelevant. so far as they shoot innocent civilians, they are the same as those who acted on 9-II. period.

@ibime

if the US spends tax payers money to train muslims to be professional soldiers why wont they serve combat duties? or perhaps they should barr muslims from joining the military.
did you know that general eissenhower was a german american? yet he led the 2nd world war.
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by TayoD1(m): 9:48pm On Nov 06, 2009
@JeSoul,

Tayo, this is grossly unfair and insensitive of you . . . what did those poor pigs do to deserve such a thing?
Who exactly are you refering to as pigs?  The animals or the terrorists?  grin grin grin
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by preselect(m): 9:49pm On Nov 06, 2009
@jesoul,

i'll rather they are thrown into a closed pit with 200 king cobras for company. cool
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by JeSoul(f): 9:55pm On Nov 06, 2009
pres-elect:

@jesoul,

i'll rather they are thrown into a closed pit with 200 king cobras for company. cool
Kai! cheesy  grin  This is the man the CIA and FBI should be calling while interrogating suspects  kiss  waterboarding is so yesterday . . .
Tayo-D:

@JeSoul,
Who exactly are you refering to as pigs?  The animals or the terrorists?  grin grin grin
Lol . . . the natural pigs would take severe exception to sharing their name with those evil terrorists . . . infact we should be careful they don't sue for defamation . . . PETA was talking just last week of instituting legal council to guard the rights of individual animals who according to them are so often abused . . . no be Amerikka we dey?  grin
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by TayoD1(m): 9:59pm On Nov 06, 2009
@pres-elect,

Are we talking about different shooters?  The preliminary info about today's Clorado shooter is that he shot his former colleagues.  How true this account is I do not know.  If however the guy killed someome for the sake of ending abortions, then he is a terrorist, plain and simple.

This is not about spin, it is only common sense.  Someone who intends to make political changes through killing civilians and spreading fear while ignoring the ballot box is a terrorist, plain and simple.
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by TayoD1(m): 10:02pm On Nov 06, 2009
@JeSoul,

Lol . . . the natural pigs would take severe exception to sharing their name with those evil terrorists . . . infact we should be careful they don't sue for defamation . . . PETA was talking just last week of instituting legal council to guard the rights of individual animals who according to them are so often abused . . . no be Amerikka we dey?
Na true you talk o. I better take that back before PETA sues me as well. If they do, I'll probably plead innocence by reason of insanity. Will you be so kind as to vouch for my insanity in court? cheesy
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by JeSoul(f): 10:06pm On Nov 06, 2009
Tayo-D:

@JeSoul,
Na true you talk o. I better take that back before PETA sues me as well. If they do, I'll probably plead innocence by reason of insanity. Will you be so kind as to vouch for my insanity in court? cheesy
You know I got your back cool
In addition, I am certain Prez, Ibime, Ikomi and others will be more than happy to testify to the above for you too grin
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by preselect(m): 10:10pm On Nov 06, 2009
@tayo,
mistake, you mean orlando shooter? thot u said colorado. i was referring to some shooter sometime in the past, somewhere in the midwest/mountain/desert states who shot a doctor in church.

anyway, todays shooter was personal agro but against who? was his agro related to his victim? his victims were innocent civilians who have their own myriad of problems to worry about. to me, he is a terrorist.

by the way, if u need a note to testify to your insanity, you can count on me . . . you know cheesy
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by preselect(m): 10:11pm On Nov 06, 2009
JeSoul:

You know I got your back cool
In addition, I am certain Prez, Ibime, Ikomi and others will be more than happy to testify to the above for you too grin

. . . . .  grin . . . . . . as a doctor my professional assesment will carry some weight grin grin grin

and i'll do it for free . . . . especially as tayo is my number one friend on NL wink

TayoD cheesy . . . . . . u know me and u are very close abi . . . . big bros cheesy
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by Ikomi(m): 10:12pm On Nov 06, 2009
Tayo-D:

Na true you talk o. I better take that back before PETA sues me as well. If they do, I'll probably plead innocence by reason of insanity. Will you be so kind as to vouch for my insanity in court?

JeSoul:

In addition, I am certain Ikomi and others will be more than happy to testify to the above for you too

Infact I would work for free, arguing left, right and center with enormous facts.
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by Hauwa1: 10:15pm On Nov 06, 2009
I think the man is a terrorist, if you are not happy to go serve the country or go on deployment, kill yourself alone and not others.

he got to talk, shameless man, i hope he is executed and no courtmartial for him, death to Hasan!!! angry angry angry

God bless our troops and their families, may the dead RIP.
SEMPER FI
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by TayoD1(m): 10:19pm On Nov 06, 2009
@JeSoul,

You know I got your back
Aint I blessed.  

In addition, I am certain Prez, Ibime, Ikomi and others will be more than happy to testify to the above for you too
Naa, it won't work.  None of those libs 've got any credibility.  The Supreme Court have already ruled in the case of "Joe 6 Pack vs Al Gore" that liberals suffer from an increasingly common disease rooted in mental deficiency.  The Court ruled that the testimony of 10 confirmed libs will count for just one valid testimony.  We will need a longer list than the one you provided.  cool

@pres-elect,

. . . . .   . . . . . . as a doctor my professional assesment will carry some weight
Yeah, the testimony of a liberal doctor carries 0.2 weight of a regular human being  grin
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by Billygoat(m): 11:35pm On Nov 06, 2009
Terrorism is at war with us?
Terrorists are at war with us?
We are at war with terrorism.

Al Qaeda-Muslim
Taliban-Muslim
9/11 Hi jackers-Muslim
Hamas-Muslim
Fatah al-Qiyadah al-Thawriyyah-Muslim
Hezbollah-Muslim
Abu Sayyaf-Muslim
Ansar al-Islam-Muslim
Al-Jihad-Muslim
Fatah al-Islam-Muslim
Islamic Jihad-Muslim
Jaish-e-Mohammed-Muslim
Lashkar-e-Toiba-Muslim
Islamic Jihad Union-Muslim
Ect, ect

Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by Beaf: 11:48pm On Nov 06, 2009
honeric01: He wont be killed, America don't favor death penalty or am i wrong? the worse is to be jailed for life.

Then the bastard better commit suicide to get the 72 pusssies. angry
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by manmustwac(m): 11:54pm On Nov 06, 2009
A psychiatrist who himself needs psychiatric help. He didn't want to be posted to Iraq or Afghanistan because he afraid he might be put in a situation where he maybe forced to kill his fellow muslim brothers. So after watching the news and seeing that a fellow muslim killed 5 british soldiers in Afghanistan he decided to do the same thing. I believe he expected to die in a blaze of glory unfortuneately he survived
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by bawomolo(m): 2:31am On Nov 07, 2009
it's a broad generalization to say 99% of terrorists are muslims.

they could easily be conscientious objectors. But why join the army if you won't obey orders. He most likely was just looking for free money to go to medical school.
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by naijaway(m): 3:51am On Nov 07, 2009
The guy is a f**king fool.  Am thinking that these arab muslims can be something else. If they are not racist to black african muslims, they are blowing themselves up or causing havoc in the middle east for a little israel but yet there are cleaning up blacks in sudan, soon to advance to chad, and then nigeria but they would be wrong in their calculations because naija would keep them busy there in sudan. Thiefs, and greedy people. If its not 72pussies, its snatching black african lands meanwhile they have taken everything north of africa but yet vow to fight israel until they regain the last acre of land.   I wish africans will wisen up, speak up, and fight these looters. Stealing and killing africans in part of our own continent  they stole but they will take their own complaints to the UN and act like they are being maltreated. 
  Muslims are not that bad but arab muslims i cannot vow for them because they are so racist and hateful to others. Anytime you see a bad black or any other muslim as bad, it is because of the racist arabs. 
   R.I.P to the fallen soldiers in Texas and worldwide due to stupid acts by a bunch of looting arabs.
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by Kobojunkie: 4:12am On Nov 07, 2009
Let me get this straight!!!

The man claimed he was against the war and did not want to go. But he found time to go to the deployment facility, cry out “Allah Ak bar” right before he shot 11 people dead, and you want people to forget he was a Muslim and that he probably was trying to die a martyr of some sort? Give me a break!!
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by dayokanu(m): 7:39am On Nov 07, 2009
Political correctness. Call a spade a spade the man is a terrorist. We cant separate religion from this or what about the Allahu Akbar chants during the acts. If he didnt want to go to Iraq, why shoot others?

The dead included a pregnant woman who was preparing to return home, a man who quit a furniture company job to join the military about a year ago, a newlywed who had served in Iraq

We are yet to see any NL moslem denounce this act. Very typical. Soon we would hear excuses on how some Israelis do the same thing so Moslems dont have to denounce
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by yeswecan(m): 8:54am On Nov 07, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Let me get this straight!!!

The man claimed he was against the war and did not want to go. But he found time to go to the deployment facility, cry out “Allah Ak bar” right before he shot 11 people dead, and you want people to forget he was a Muslim and that he probably was trying to die a martyr of some sort? Give me a break!!

a typical Islamic terrorist, i don't know what Ikomi and his cronies are trying to twist
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by Ikomi(m): 9:37am On Nov 07, 2009
yeswecan:

a typical Islamic terrorist, i don't know what Ikomi and his cronies are trying to twist

Very good question.

The man is a terrorist no doubt, the man committed a crime punishable only by spending the rest of his life in prison, but to condemn all Muslims or Islam for this act or any other is not right.

Come to think of it, what is the US doing in Iraq? Do you know how many civilians have died due to the invasion of Iraq? Now how many Christians has been condemned due to this invasion of Iraq, since the nation that perpetrated this act of national terrorism claims to be Gods own country.

When you've answered this question am sure you would agree with me that we have terrorist on different scales, but to condemned all the followers of a religion for the act of terrorism is wrong.

yeswecan:

So you see that word highlited in Red is where we agree, but the one in green is where we disagree.
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by Kobojunkie: 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2009
Ikomi:

Very good question.

The man is a terrorist no doubt, the man committed a crime punishable only by spending the rest of his life in prison, but to condemn all Muslims or Islam for this act or any other is not right.

Come to think of it, what is the US doing in Iraq? Do you know how many civilians have died due to the invasion of Iraq? Now how many Christians has been condemned due to this invasion of Iraq, since the nation that perpetrated this act of national terrorism claims to be Gods own country.

When you've answered this question am sure you would agree with me that we have terrorist on different scales, but to condemned all the followers of a religion for the act of terrorism is wrong.

So you see that word highlited in Red is where we agree, but the one in green is where we disagree.

Come on!!! The man TOOK TIME TO SHOUT OUT “Allah Akbar”. He was apparently drawing people’s attentions to Allah (The Muslim god) and not Buddha, or the Christian God or Krishna. He took time to REGISTER THAT in people’s minds. That could easily be interpreted as meaning the man was another ISLAMIC TERRORIST meaning another one doing it for the glory of ALLAH.
The fact that we have been in war for over 8 years now and have seen this sort of behavior over and over is reason enough why NO ONE can claim IGNORANCE when it comes to identifying all too apparent cases such as this one.

If one reported he was an AMERICAN terrorist, how in the world could that be interpreted to mean ALL AMERICANS ARE TERRORISTS? No such straw man please!

The man is a clear ISLAMIC TERRORIST, most likely expected to be killed considering he should have been. I mean we are talking of a military base where guns are assumed to be in every nook and corner. I am certain the man did not expect to make it alive but maybe Allah was not on his side that day.
Re: Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas by naliakar: 2:49pm On Nov 07, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Come on!!!  The man TOOK TIME TO SHOUT OUT “Allah Akbar”. He was apparently drawing people’s attentions to Allah (The Muslim god) and not Buddha, or the Christian God or Krishna. He took time to REGISTER THAT in people’s minds.  That could easily be interpreted as meaning the man was another ISLAMIC TERRORIST meaning another one doing it for the glory of ALLAH.
The fact that we have been in war for over 8 years now and have seen this sort of behavior over and over is reason enough why NO ONE can claim IGNORANCE when it comes to identifying all too apparent cases such as this one.

If one reported he was an AMERICAN terrorist, how in the world could that be interpreted to mean ALL AMERICANS ARE TERRORISTS? No such straw man please!

The man is a clear ISLAMIC TERRORIST, most likely expected to be killed considering he should have been. I mean we are talking of a military base where guns are assumed to be in every nook and corner. I am certain the man did not expect to make it alive but maybe Allah was not on his side that day.

I want to think that there is a difference between  so called "Islamic terrorist" and a "terrorist who is a Muslim". I wish to emphasize the latter as the most appropriate signifier when discussing the tragic events at Fort Hood. If there is anything I get from this thread, it  is that most contributor sucked in what Said  espouses as Orientalism.

By equating terrorism with Islamic religion you  seem to be purveying the same posture of one who has been constructed by the might of the empire as the Other. You seem incapable of coming out of your set up as a foil to enhance the West's  domination. Achebe talks about this too in his Hopes and impediments when discussing Conrad.

From Columbine to Virginia Tech, I have never heard of collectivized accusation of White Christians or Korean immigrants respectively. Yet when  a tragic action such as Fort Hood's happens and , caused by an aberrant individual who  professes Islamic faith,we scream "Islamic terrorist".  We are forgetting that by all counts this was an American citizen, born and bred in the US with minimal (iI presume) contact with Palestine,

So if the tea-bag republicans are wing nuts, am I suppose to think that Tayo or JeSoul (republicans in this forum) are also wing nuts? Hell NO. Let us deal with this as a tragic act committed by an individual who happens to be a Muslim. Let us not  further the sin of dimorphic perception of them (Muslims) and Us (human beings). It is the cause of much hatred in the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shocking Video – Zimbabwe Pastor Caught Bonking Church Member' Wife [video] / Stephen Miller Tests Positive For Covid-19 / ECOWAS Engages Third-party Mediators To Reintegrate Mali, Niger, Burkina Faso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.