Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,762 members, 7,813,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu (16995 Views)

Phrank Shaibu Mocks Tinubu Government Over Escape Of Detained Binance Executive / Wike, An Alcoholic – Atiku’s Aide, Phrank Shaibu / MC Oluomo: Remove Lagos REC Now, Phrank Shaibu Tells INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by Nemere2020: 10:04pm On Jul 02, 2023
Phrank Shaibu, an aide to former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar on communication, has berated the Federal Government for dismissing a report by the European Union (EU) election observation mission on the just-concluded general election.

On Tuesday, Barry Andrews, the EU chief observer, faulted the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for the operational challenges and glitches experienced with the bimodal voter accreditation system (BVAS) and the result viewing portal.

Andrews said the discrepancies in the elections severely damaged public confidence in the electoral body.

But in a statement on Sunday, the federal government dismissed the report, describing it as “a poorly-done desk job”.

Reacting to the Federal Government’s statement, Shaibu said the electoral commission “failed woefully” in carrying out its duties during the election.

“The presidential election was held on February 25, 2023, and yet as of July 2, 2023, the result of the election has not been fully uploaded. This is despite the fact that this election was the most expensive in the history of West Africa,” he said.

“How can an election in which the full results have not been fully uploaded after nearly five months be described as credible by any sane human being?”

Shaibu said it is hypocritical for the federal government to receive support from the EU for the elections and discard its findings because it is not favourable.

“The EU said in September last year that it budgeted €39 million for Nigeria’s 2023 election. Most of the funding went to INEC as election support,” he said.

“The EU not only provided training for INEC staff but also donated equipment only for INEC to conduct a shambolic poll.

“So, why would Alake claim that the EU has no right to speak when it was the largest single donor to INEC? Alake should rather be quiet rather than try to defend the indefensible.”

https://www.thecable.ng/election-results-not-fully-uploaded-atikus-aide-tackles-fg-for-dismissing-eus-report/amp

91 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by Tntsi: 1:14am On Jul 03, 2023
To defend tinubu or INEC on the presidential election you must need to destroy your conscience.
I don't envy chief Olanipekun's job at all.
No matter how bright , experienced and erudite you are,
Tinubu matter will make you lose balance.
Tinubu matter will make you sound stupid.
Tinubu matter will make you kill your conscience.
Tinubu matter will make you offend God. It will turn a christian or muslim lawyer to an athetist

303 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by Shikini: 3:35am On Jul 03, 2023
Nigeria is such a big disgrace

119 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by JAMO84: 4:24am On Jul 03, 2023
PDP and LP should divest from politics and move to the skit making industry, I mean how do you explain this useless obsession with an ordinary results viewing Portal?

Hard copy of my WAEC certificate is with me, the examination body also have it on their portal, if the portal crashes and the result is no longer available there, does it mean the original hard copy I have is not relevant?

You have agents in the polling units, they were given a copy of the result, the police and the commission have there own copies, another copy was pasted on the polling units walls, none of you have been able to prove that what were later posted on the IREV were different from the copies you have except in few places. The election tribunal needs to ban those 2 miserable losers from contesting any election in this Country for 60 years.

118 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by Essenza01: 4:34am On Jul 03, 2023
JAMO84:
PDP and LP should divest from politics and move to the skit making industry, I mean how do you explain this useless obsession with an ordinary results viewing Portal?

Hard copy of my WAEC certificate is with me, the examination body also have it on their portal, if the portal crashes and the result is no longer available there, does it mean the original hard copy I have is not relevant?

You have agents in the polling units, they were given a copy of the result, the police and the commission have there own copies, another copy was pasted on the polling units walls, none of you have been able to prove that what were later posted on the IREV were different from the copies you have except in few places. The election tribunal needs to ban those 2 miserable losers from contesting any election in this Country for 60 years.

Why dont the INEC upload the copy of the result used in declaring... or does INEC not have a copy too?

If you have nothing tangible to say... please sit it out rather than sound ignorant.

264 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by JAMO84: 4:38am On Jul 03, 2023
Essenza01:

Why dont the INEC upload the copy of the result used in declaring... or does INEC not have a copy too?

If you have nothing tangible to say... please sit it out rather than sound ignorant.
So if waec cannot upload your results due to technical issues, but they gave you a hard copy, you will not accept it because you need to view what you have in your hand on a computer screen?

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by ngwabuoy: 5:04am On Jul 03, 2023
Should we not be concerned ?

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by Brendaniel: 5:24am On Jul 03, 2023
Only in Nigeria, INEC and jibiti under Yakubu...

Anyway, the jibiti under Yakubu INEC will favour me and my family...

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by sunray(m): 5:39am On Jul 03, 2023
Is there anything special about inec irev portal? Festus okoye had explain why all polling units results will not be there. Phrank should stop playing pranks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by nabiz(m): 5:46am On Jul 03, 2023
JAMO84:

to support Tinubu you really need to distroy your conscience. So you have accepted to destroy your conscience for just little favor? Just continue kama is looking at you

137 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by tesppidd: 5:46am On Jul 03, 2023
JAMO84:

So this one is actually comparing an election result which should be for public consumption to a WAEC result which is a personal and private document?

How do people reason sef?

And besides what do you mean by "they have polling agents?"

Are you telling me that polling agents cannot be compromised?

Is there any other sign of credibility better than a soft copy of results to verify what the hard copy says?

Abeg stop embarrassing yourself by trying to defend what wouldn't make sense even to an 8 year old girl.

252 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by Betanaija42moro: 5:52am On Jul 03, 2023
The election totally fell below expectations

52 Likes

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by DMerciful(m): 6:21am On Jul 03, 2023
You're not wise at all. When the agents were protesting to Mahmmud at the national collation centre that the results being announced was different from theirs, did he listen to them?

Even in the law court, the uploaded results have superior credibility before the copies with the police. The copies with party agents are the least credible coupled with the fact that agents can be compromised.

The whole essence of ammending the electoral act in 2022 is not because results were not given to party agents but because the electoral act previously does not recognize technology(BVAS and IREV)

You're just being mischievous
JAMO84:

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by Novarisammy2: 6:34am On Jul 03, 2023
I guess the man made glitches is still withholding the uploading of the results

6 Likes

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by garfield1: 6:48am On Jul 03, 2023
DMerciful:
You're not wise at all. When the agents were protesting to Mahmmud at the national collation centre that the results being announced was different from theirs, did he listen to them?

Even in the law court, the uploaded results have superior credibility before the copies with the police. The copies with party agents are the least credible coupled with the fact that agents can be compromised.

The whole essence of ammending the electoral act in 2022 is not because results were not given to party agents but because the electoral act previously does not recognize technology(BVAS and IREV)

You're just being mischievous

Oga,hard copies are the most important,the court made this clear in osun.the electoral act was amended for bvas not irev.irev is not in the law

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by WorldRichest: 6:54am On Jul 03, 2023
Judges do not give judgement based on Social Media posts. If your lawyers cannot prove it in Court, then your case will be thrown out through the window into the dustbin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by helinues: 6:54am On Jul 03, 2023
Prank has been pranking Atiku since 14bc

89 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by WorldRichest: 6:55am On Jul 03, 2023
helinues:

If you too see Mumu, shey you no go prank am?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by Mabizeka: 6:55am On Jul 03, 2023
helinues:
Hi, do you need a job?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by helinues: 6:57am On Jul 03, 2023
Mabizeka:
Hi, do you need a job?

Do you need a meaningful life? Dem swear trolling for you?

92 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by Mabizeka: 6:58am On Jul 03, 2023
helinues:

Today is Monday. Start working to earn a living.

35 Likes

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by DMerciful(m): 7:11am On Jul 03, 2023
In the law court, its the INEC copy(which is technically same uploaded on irev) , followed by the copies with the police then the copies with party agents. The results with party agents are the least credible before the court. I wont argue with you further on this
garfield1:

Oga,hard copies are the most important,the court made this clear in osun.the electoral act was amended for bvas not irev.irev is not in the law

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by JAMO84: 7:18am On Jul 03, 2023
tesppidd:
So this one is actually comparing an election result which should be for public consumption to a WAEC result which is a personal and private document?

How do people reason sef?

And besides what do you mean by "they have polling agents?"

Are you telling me that polling agents cannot be compromised?

Is there any other sign of credibility better than a soft copy of results to verify what the hard copy says?

Abeg stop embarrassing yourself by trying to defend what wouldn't make sense even to an 8 year old girl.
You're the one embarrassing your lineage here. Irev is actually the most easy to compromise, it's just a snapped copy of a result. I can easily pretend to send it immediately but later go behind to send a different one.

92 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by Essenza01: 7:27am On Jul 03, 2023
JAMO84:
So if waec cannot upload your results due to technical issues, but they gave you a hard copy, you will not accept it because you need to view what you have in your hand on a computer screen?

This analogy does not work...

Moreover, the school would still have to confirm if the result you are presenting came from Waec.. since you have your result, the school have what you gave them, upload on the portal so everyone can compare what they have against Waec.

12 Likes

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by Tochi3(m): 7:29am On Jul 03, 2023
JAMO84:

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by Nightwolf1: 7:34am On Jul 03, 2023
JAMO84:

You are outrightly senseless. You aren't even ashamed this madness is what your electoral umpire had to offer.

21 Likes

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by garfield1: 8:02am On Jul 03, 2023
DMerciful:
In the law court, its the INEC copy(which is technically same uploaded on irev) , followed by the copies with the police then the copies with party agents. The results with party agents are the least credible before the court. I wont argue with you further on this

Oga,the court itself places premium on hardcopies held by inec.once results are entered,copies are given to parties and police.therefore,the online copy is the least.regulation 93 of inec says inec hardcopy is the best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by tesppidd: 8:04am On Jul 03, 2023
JAMO84:
You're the one embarrassing your lineage here. Irev is actually the most easy to compromise, it's just a snapped copy of a result. I can easily pretend to send it immediately but later go behind to send a different one.
So you mean to tell me that IREV (that is supposed to be used in REAL TIME in presence of everyone including voters who are looking to protect their votes), is easier to compromise than using only agents without IREV at all.

Wow Wow

grin

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by Godjone(m): 8:44am On Jul 03, 2023
If you are here and still have the strenght to defend INEC and tinubu, then you are the most useless human on earth and you will die prematurely for upholding and defending evil

15 Likes

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by Cooly100: 9:15am On Jul 03, 2023
helinues:

This is the meaningful life you Yoruba tribal chiefs want for Nigeria...

..and fuel has gone up even more..

They could not repair one refinery in 8 years they were in power...

Now, mister, how would someone from Ghana reading this, rate you Yorubas...?

12 Likes

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by JAMO84: 9:30am On Jul 03, 2023
Nightwolf1:

You are outrightly senseless. You aren't even ashamed this madness is what your electoral umpire had to offer.
You're mad. Did I invite you to read my post?

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu by Nightwolf1: 9:50am On Jul 03, 2023
JAMO84:
You're mad. Did I invite you to read my post?

Nairaland is not your private room where foolishness goes on unchallenged. Damned clown 🤡

23 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dogara Congratulates President Buhari At 75 / Atiku Files N2.5bn Libel Suit Against Lauretta Onochie / Speaker Obasa Denies Hiring Thugs To Disrupt The Alausa EndSARS Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.