Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,567 members, 7,816,391 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? (3170 Views)

Woman Dumps Her Baby In A Gutter In Agege Area Of Lagos. Photos / For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. / Am Married Buh On D Verge Of Sleeping Wit My Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 06, 2009
Uche2nna:

shocked shocked

Do you mind giving specific examples or is this just one of those claims that will remain unsubstantiated? undecided

lol its the same old style . . . repeat ad nauseam the same unsubstantiated stuff from the web.
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by MrCrackles(m): 11:17pm On Nov 06, 2009
Poster
They have relocated to your village!
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 06, 2009
As for now I demand a suspension. I don't really like all these debates because they are pointless and endless but since we have started I want to contribute at my best.

David I'll gather information, put them on a thread and send the link to you.

Good day!
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Borat1: 11:22pm On Nov 06, 2009
So there are atheists living in italy?
Hmmm. . .
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 06, 2009
michelin89:

As for now I demand a suspension. I don't really like all these debates because they are pointless and endless but since we have started I want to contribute at my best.

David I'll gather information, put them on a thread and send the link to you.

Good day!

You mean you need to go to google to go provide evidence for your own claims? How hillarious.
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 06, 2009
wink Na darling. I studied all this at school and my teacher was very competent. Right now I can give you a general explanation but to be more specific I must go for a revise. cheesy I am glad I took note during my lessons.

Anyways while you are at, can you tell me why in the west God is slowly dying?
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Uche2nna(m): 11:40pm On Nov 06, 2009
davidylan:

lol its the same old style . . . repeat ad nauseam the same unsubstantiated stuff from the web.

Yeah, I have heard the same recycled stuff over and over again that it is sickening.

Everytime  Aristotle and Creation is brought up , someone will try and shove the "First Cause" postulate to your face without really telling us what the Greek philosophers meant by the First cause. That was not even an original thought of Aristotle,,,,,Plato had already posited this idea.

"First Cause" in itself is not an explanation for man's presence on earth. Every dogma, theory, doctrine, belief or hypothesis implies a "First Cause" . The differences lie in the identity of the first cause. Some believe it is fire, others think it is water. Plato was sure it was motion , same as Aristotle. Some scientists these days think it is collision (hence the big bang theory).

How someone can now come and say that Christianity borrowed from Aristotle befuddles me.
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 06, 2009
michelin89:

wink Na darling. I studied all this at school and my teacher was very competent. Right now I can give you a general explanation but to be more specific I must go for a revise. cheesy I am glad I took note during my lessons.

you "studied" this in high school? Pls i really dont want to laugh so hard today abeg. When pple use the term "study", they shld know where appropriate.

Being indoctrinated by an atheist that christianity copied aristotle with no proof is not my idea of "studying". Genesis had been around much longer than aristotle . . . so who copied who? I mean this is pure common sense.

michelin89:

Anyways while you are at, can you tell me why in the west God is slowly dying?

The bible already predicted this . . . we are not surprised.

God is "dying" in the consciousness of the west because their lifestyle no longer accomodates the rules the bible demands. Who wants to avoid premarital sex when virgins are now laughed upon as subspecies?
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 06, 2009
Aahahahha you laugh at my knowledge in philosophy? That is not nice! cool

By the way, are you a graduate in philosophy or theology?
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 06, 2009
Uche2nna:

Yeah, I have heard the same recycled stuff over and over again that it is sickening.

Everytime  Aristotle and Creation is brought up , someone will try and shove the "First Cause" postulate to your face without really telling us what the Greek philosophers meant by the First cause. That was not even an original thought of Aristotle,,,,,Plato had already posited this idea.

"First Cause" in itself is not an explanation for man's presence on earth. Every dogma, theory, doctrine, belief or hypothesis implies a "First Cause" . The differences lie in the identity of the first cause. Some believe it is fire, others think it is water. Plato was sure it was motion , same as Aristotle. Some scientists these days think it is collision (hence the big bang theory).

How someone can now come and say that Christianity borrowed from Aristotle befuddles me.

Its different styles but the same goal - the delegitimisation of christianity.
One wonders how many things christianity borrowed from . . . this week alone i've been told we borrowed from Mythra, Aristotle, Greek, Persian and Roman legends. God knows how it is possible to borrow from so many sources and still maintain a coherent story.

Its a wonder if these folks even have a brain . . . i mean how can you  borrow from something that existed way way after you?  grin
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 06, 2009
michelin89:

Aahahahha you laugh at my knowledge in philosophy? That is not nice! cool

By the way, are you a graduate in philosophy or theology?

I dont need to be one to know you're just postulating jargon. grin

Simple one explanation of why you think the bible borrowed from Aristotle you've been unable to provide even though you "studied" it.
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Borat1: 11:48pm On Nov 06, 2009
You guys should know better than to derail this thread now, haba!
Someone want to know where the 'ugly' girls whom he had only been able to attract have all gone to and you guys are yammering about this and that grin
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by No2Atheism(m): 11:51pm On Nov 06, 2009
@michelin . . . did I just hear someone say that you said that the bible borrows from Aristotle . . . shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

. . . can you please elaborate so that i can know how to tear such to pieces . . . as quickly as you can think of it . . . grin
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Uche2nna(m): 11:52pm On Nov 06, 2009
~Borat~:

You guys should know better than to derail this thread now, haba!
Someone want to know where the 'ugly' girls whom he had only been able to attract have all gone to and you guys are yammering about this and that grin

Sorry, abeg.

My mouth sharrap
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Nov 06, 2009
davidylan:

I dont need to be one to know you're just postulating jargon.  grin

Simple one explanation of why you think the bible borrowed from Aristotle you've been unable to provide even though you "studied" it.

Wetin you dey yarn sef then? Go siddon jare. See as you dey shake wings like eagle when you nor even study the thing for one day. Na Uchenna come tell you wetin Aristothelis write if not you for dey there dey yarn the same thing: how can you say this? grin

Uchenna is far a better Christian than you. He posses knowledge and doesn't insult.  tongue

Anyways gathering info. Later.
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 07, 2009
michelin89:

Wetin you dey yarn sef then? Go siddon jare. See as you dey shake wings like eagle when you nor even study the thing for one day. Na Uchenna come tell you wetin Aristothelis write if not you for dey there dey yarn the same thing: how can you say this? grin

Uchenna is far a better Christian than you. He posses knowledge and doesn't insult.  tongue

Anyways gathering info. Later.

Sorry, i've come across that weak excuse way too many times not to know it. I'm not an airhead who simply makes claims they cant substantiate, lie that they are gathering info and they cry they are being insulted when their pretended knowledge is exposed.

Pls take your time "gathering info" . . . kinda funny considering you claimed to have "studied" it.
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Nobody: 12:14am On Nov 07, 2009
cool Patience is a virtue---you don't have.
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 07, 2009
Its not a matter of not having patience . . . u said you studied aristotle . . . why do you need decades to produce JUST ONE example of where the bible copied from him?
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Nobody: 1:12am On Nov 07, 2009
davidylan:

Its not a matter of not having patience . . . u said you studied aristotle . . . why do you need decades to produce JUST ONE example of where the bible copied from him?

Since I studied him in Italian, I hope I'll be able to translate some terminologies correctly.

A. identified 4 causes, 3 of which merged perfectly with the christian doctrine. In fact all these causes eventually coincided with one cause which is God: form, movement and aim (forma, moto e fine).

But what we consider God today was the cause of movement in A. because according to the Greek philosopher, this being (who had no name) just governed (put everything in movement without moving) but never got involved in the world, neither did he create. In fact any action was a tarnish to his perfection. He could only think and the object of his thought was always himself because as a perfect being he could only think of the most perfect thing which was him.

A. First Cause:
Pure form
Incorruptible.
Eternal
Immortal

PS: A. identified 55 First Causes because he had the idea that there were 55 firmaments.
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Nobody: 1:16am On Nov 07, 2009
michelin89:

Since I studied him in Italian, I hope I'll be able to translate some terminologies correctly.

A. identified 4 causes, 3 of which merged perfectly with the christian doctrine. In fact all these causes eventually coincided with one cause which is God: form, movement and aim (forma, moto e fine).

But what we consider God today was the cause of movement in A. because according to the Greek philosopher, this being (who had no name) just governed (put everything in movement without moving) but never got involved in the world, neither did he create. In fact any action was a tarnish to his perfection. He could only think and the object of his thought was always himself because as a perfect being he could only think of the most perfect thing which was him.

A. First Cause:
Pure form
Incorruptible.
Eternal
Immortal

PS: A. identified 55 First Causes because he had the idea that there were 55 firmaments.

What does all this prove? The concept of "God" was not new . . . even the Egyptians (who lived long long before Aristotle) worshiped the sun god. Its funny that all of a sudden its Aristotle we depend on to define what those who lived thousands of yrs before him knew and worshiped as God.

Please you can do better than this poorly constructed nonsense here. What tangible wisdom can we extract from the above? If this is all we get from your "study" then it says a lot.

And please high school reading assignments do not constitute "study".
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Nobody: 1:22am On Nov 07, 2009
cheesy Keep your insults to yourself.

Our dear Aristothelis was EXPLOITED by YOU Christians for centuries and centuries.

I am not talking about Egytian or Palestines or Indians. I am talking about a philosophy which was stolen by YOU and remodelled to fit into your sick and perverse vision of this world.

Aristothelis is dead (physically) and even scientifically. Ahahahha but trust these bugs! They found another dog to host them. grin grin grin

You keep denying because na you know pass, but you won't deny history my dear.
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Nobody: 1:25am On Nov 07, 2009
michelin89:

Our dear Aristothelis was EXPLOITED by YOU Christians for centuries and centuries.

I am not talking about Egytian or Palestines or Indians. I am talking about a philosophy which was stolen by YOU and remodelled to fit into your sick and perverse vision of this world.

Aristothelis is dead (physically) and even scientifically. Ahahahha but trust these bugs! They found another dog to host them. grin grin grin

We are back to the roundabout drivel again - We asked for proof that christianity copied from Aristotle (since you made the claim and even backed it up by saying you "studied" it) . . . you said you were going to "gather info". Well where is the info?

All we get is some confusing jumble of irrelevant words and then back to repeating ad nauseam the same claim you cant substantiate? You claim we deny history but dear WHERE IS THIS HISTORY WE DENY?

What did we steal? How? Where? Please provide evidence . . . geez, the amount of empty heads we have to deal with here is sickening.
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Nobody: 1:31am On Nov 07, 2009
I am still gathering--- cool

I am no more taking your provocations. Be patient.
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Radiant(f): 1:38am On Nov 07, 2009
Lmao! Yummy thread cheesy

David, sup wiya? Long time! smiley

Uchenna? shocked Good to see you again grin
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by No2Atheism(m): 9:36am On Nov 07, 2009
davidylan:

We are back to the roundabout drivel again -
michelin89 link=topic=348325.msg4876647#msg4876647 date=1257553337:

(since you made the claim and even backed it up by saying you "studied" it) . . . you said you were going to "gather info". Well where is the info?

All we get is some confusing jumble of irrelevant words and then back to repeating ad nauseam the same claim you cant substantiate? You claim we deny history but dear WHERE IS THIS HISTORY WE DENY?

What did we steal? How? Where? Please provide evidence . . . geez, the amount of empty heads we have to deal with here is sickening.

@michelin

I am sad to say that it seems from your statements that your western education might have succeeded a little in brainwashing you into believing and defending perverted western ideas and lies.

Please take your time to study world history and you would realise the following:

- There is little or nothing like Original Greek Philosophy . . .
- Aristotle just like a few Greeks of his time actually copied their so called knowledge from the Egyptians . . .
- The Library of Alexandria (which is generally considered to have contained Egyptian knowledge) was burned to the ground by Europeans . . . I believe around the time of Aristotle. . . . . (there are reports that this was done so as to make it look like Greeks were the originators of the knowledge they were copying from the Egyptians, hence burning the Library makes it impossible for future generations of Africans to be able to get access to the knowledge without first going to the Greeks/Europeans).

An example of Greek plagiarism is in the form of Pythagoras Theorem . . .

THE WEST ATTRIBUTES THE THEOREM TO PYTHAGORAS, YET WHAT THEY FAILED TO TELL YOU IS THAT PYTHAGORAS HIMSELF SPENT A NUMBER OF YEARS IN EGYPT LEARNING UNDER THE EGYPTIANS (i.e. AFRICANS . . .). HENCE IT DOES NOT TAKE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO REALISE THAT WHAT PYTHAGORAS IS BEING HONOURED WITH MIGHT ACTUALLY BE WAT HE LEARNED WHILE IN EGYPT. REMEMBER THAT THE EGYPTIANS HAVE ALREADY MASTERED GEOMETRY HENCE THEIR ABILITY TO BUILD THINGS THAT EVEN OUR MODERN TECHNOLOGY GOES NOT ALLOW US TO BUILD.

So @michelin please actually take time to do the following:

- Ask yourself whether what you believe is true.
- Ask yourself why what you believe is true.
- Try to prove it to yourself why it is true.
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by honeric01(m): 10:50am On Nov 07, 2009
Guys, abeg, make Una leave this girl alone now, she go soon realize her mistakes hopefully, not when it's too late sha cry cry cry
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by larrylyric(m): 11:58am On Nov 07, 2009
@ Borat did u go to school at all ?
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by honeric01(m): 12:08pm On Nov 07, 2009
larrylyric:

@ Borat did u go to school at all ?

Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by larrylyric(m): 12:15pm On Nov 07, 2009
Just a simple question and guys av all gone wild grin
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Pittbaby(f): 12:41pm On Nov 07, 2009
@ Michelin

Abeg ugly people dey. Wowo dey everyway. Just say you don't judge based on looks rather than coming up with this falsity that there aren't ugly people.

I am talking about those horrible looking individuals who think because they have a penis they can hit on any girl on the street. I mean I got so pissed of when this undertype of a human being went around telling people we were dating when I was just being friends with him out of pity.

Una nor know una place? .

You are such a beautiful person  grin
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by honeric01(m): 1:00pm On Nov 07, 2009
Pittbaby:

@ Michelin

You are such a beautiful person  grin

Beautiful person
Re: Where Have The Ugly Gurls On D Street Of Lagos Gone To ? by Pittbaby(f): 1:42pm On Nov 07, 2009
sarcasm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help Me Out Here Pls!!! / Causes Of Fibroid And The Natural Way Of Shrinking Without Surgery (07065486053) / What Men Should Never Do To Their Woman(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.