Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession (36121 Views)

"Saraki And I Have No Plan To Return To PDP" - Governor Ahmed / PDP Crisis: No Plan To Suspend Jonathan, Others - Sheriff / You can’t end recession with a Finance minister having qualifications as Kemi – (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by sarrki(m): 2:42pm On Nov 24, 2016
Senate: Buhari has no plan to end recession— 24th November 2016

From Fred Itua, Abuja

Senate said, yesterday, that President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration has no no economic blueprint to pull Nigeria out of recession.

The country’s upper legislative chamber gave the verdict during reconsideration of Buhari’s Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) and Fiscal Strategy Paper (FSP), yesterday.

The lawmakers also added that the president’s economic team is in disarray.

The legislators described the MTEF/FSP as shallow and empty and warned that if the documents are passed, as presented, they would have created room for the executive to present a faulty 2017 national budget.

Last month, Senate returned the MTEF/FSP to Buhari and in an October 19 letter, signed by Senate Leader, Ali Ndume, the chamber said it expected Minister of Budget and National Planning, Senator Udoma Udo Udoma to brief its leadership on some key issues contained in the documents.

Udoma did not turn up for the proposed meeting. The two documents, alongside the rejected borrowing plan, were returned to president Buhari.

Speaking on the new documents yesterday, Chairman of the Commitee on Defence, Senator Ahmad Lawan noted that “the benchmark is realistic. But, I have my reservation about the production level.

“We need to bring in more efforts to reconcile the government and people of the Niger Delta.

“This, in my opinion, will be the only way through which the government can achieve the 2.2 barrels per day.

Senator Dino Melaye, who was more critical, urged his colleagues to reject the proposals.

He said the documents were riddled with falsehood and that there was no significant difference between what was passed last year and what was presented to the National Assembly this year.

Senator Gbenga Ashafa said the documents were unrealistic.

He said: “We either accept or make necessary amendments to what has been presented.

“We can criticise, but we need to work with what we have. We have looked at the unrealistic projections made. One critical issue I want to raise is the estimated projected earnings of the government. It has significant shortfall.”

Senator Emmanuel Paulker aligned himself with Lawan and Melaye.

He said: “Looking at some of the parameters, it is glaring that you cannot comprehend the truth behind these assumptions.

“The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) governor said unemployment is high.

“The current inflation rate is 18.3 per cent, but, this document is misleading us by saying that the inflation rate is 4.6 per cent.

“I will not suggest that this document be returned, but, we must admit it was poorly prepared.”

Senator Sani Yerima opposed his colleagues and insisted that the documents were not empty.

“He said those uncomfortable with them should make their inputs.

“To say that this document is empty means that those saying it have not read it.

“What we need to do is to look at what is projected. These things were not done from the blues.

“You cannot just sit here and say that this document is empty.

“As an economist, I suggest that we pass this MTEF/FSP. Whoever has any issues can then make inputs.”

At the end of the heated debate, the two documents were approved and referred to the Committees of Appropriation, Finance and National Planning.

Meanwhile, Senate Minority Leader Godswill Akpabio said president Buhari will submit estimates of the 2017 budget to a joint session of the National Assembly in 

http://sunnewsonline.com/senate-buhari-has-no-plan-to-end-recession/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by GudluckIBB(m): 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2016
Buhari has failed Nigerians especially those who supported him

Its a pity!

292 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by lordm(m): 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2016
We enter one chance

132 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by tit(f): 2:47pm On Nov 24, 2016
Sarrki,
Wail there.
You go wail tire.
Stop been jealous of general

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by sarrki(m): 2:50pm On Nov 24, 2016
tit:
Sarrki,
Wail there.
You go wail tire.
Stop been jealous of general

Sis wail how ?

The Senate said he as know plan to end recession

That's their opinion not mine.

I believe strongly he will shock everyone soon

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by k2kay(m): 2:51pm On Nov 24, 2016
If Jonathan was clueless, what do we call the incumbent?

256 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by Splinz(m): 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2016
Then what are we waiting for Lets send that herdsman back to his cows!

146 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by Blue3k(m): 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2016
IMF agrees lol. Anyway where's the Senate's plan since they want to speak? How about the other ministers being quite? Shifting blame isn't impressive. These guys would do better reading nairaland. We come up with more plans then they do for free.

22 Likes

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by Snakeeyes08: 2:54pm On Nov 24, 2016
Obviously!

15 Likes

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 24, 2016
How did we get here? angry angry

47 Likes

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 24, 2016
k2kay:
Simple! Brainless.

148 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 24, 2016
sarrki:

Sis wail how ?
The Senate said he as know plan to end recession
That's their opinion not mine.
I believe strongly he will shock everyone soon

Just negodu this one

128 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by sarrki(m): 3:04pm On Nov 24, 2016
DDeliverer:

Just negodu this one

I know the indicators aren't OK now

At the end of the tunnel

Light will show forth

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by Izonpikin: 3:08pm On Nov 24, 2016
Buhari is not fit to rule in this present times...I sounded this warning like a mad man before the elections.i would have preferred the apc fielded a technocrat who is sound both economically and socially..

Buhari is bereft of the happenings in this digital age..how did we even get here as a people..we moved from busines and commercial boom to suffering and recession..buharis brain is programmed to only yap about corruption(even when he himself is corrupt).. undecided

Economy zero..

People management zero.. undecided undecided

183 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by Yoshy: 3:14pm On Nov 24, 2016
I know M. Buhari can't pull us out of recession. If he could, we wouldn't have entered deep into it in the first place. Am patiently waiting for 2019 to do what i can to push this slow and incompetent Govt out of Aso villa.

90 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by Opinedecandid(m): 3:15pm On Nov 24, 2016
To many, this news will come as a surprise, a shock and too heavy-laden in their heart to absorb.

Pele,
To some of us, we knew this was going to be the case, should you elect Buhari the president!

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by DeviIhimself: 3:17pm On Nov 24, 2016
buhari is nothing but a useless good for nothing old hag

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by Izonpikin: 3:17pm On Nov 24, 2016
sarrki:

At the end of the tunnel

Light will show forth
what dirty light at the end of the tunnel are u talking about

Buhari can't even manage people and he intends to effect change

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by sarrki(m): 3:22pm On Nov 24, 2016
Izonpikin:
what dirty light at the end of the tunnel are u talking about

Buhari can't even manage people and he intends to effect change

Out of the abundance of the heart

The mouth speaketh

I am confident that things will take its rightful place

Very I mean very very soon

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 24, 2016
sarrki:

At the end of the tunnel

Light will show forth

Where when is the tunnel ending? 2017 or 2018?
I don't know who did this to you....but it shall not be well with that person. angry

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by sarrki(m): 3:35pm On Nov 24, 2016
DDeliverer:

Where when is the tunnel ending? 2017 or 2018?
I don't know who did this to you....but it shall not be well with that person. angry

grin grin grin

Brother

My brother we all want a better Nigeria

N so shall it be for us all

We are over 160 million in Nigeria

We can't think all same way

5 Likes

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by chemicalDisease: 3:35pm On Nov 24, 2016
sarrki, it seems the anti zombie drugs u took is working.

Please, pass some to omeka.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by sarrki(m): 3:36pm On Nov 24, 2016
chemicalDisease:
sarrki, it seems the anti zombie drugs u took is working.

Please, pass some to omeka.

wink grin

9 Likes

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by Izonpikin: 3:41pm On Nov 24, 2016
sarrki:

Out of the abundance of the heart

The mouth speaketh

I am confident that things will take its rightful place

Very I mean very very soon

the pilot is bereft of anything management and you expect light at the end of the tunnel.. sad

Buhari can only function as a military ruler and not in a dynamic dispensation like the one we are now..

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by sarrki(m): 3:46pm On Nov 24, 2016
Izonpikin:
the pilot is bereft of anything management and you expect light at the end of the tunnel.. sad

Buhari can only function as a military ruler and not in a dynamic dispensation like the one we are now..

Let's all pray for him

God bless us all

5 Likes

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by Izonpikin: 3:52pm On Nov 24, 2016
sarrki:

wink grin

grin grin

We are here to supply you more.. cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by Izonpikin: 3:54pm On Nov 24, 2016
sarrki:

Let's all pray for him

God bless us all
my brother God gets tired of some kind of prayers ooo..God never tire for nigeria wahala

4 Likes

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by coldFLARES1(m): 3:54pm On Nov 24, 2016
sarrki:

At the end of the tunnel
Light will show forth

2 Likes

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by afanide: 4:19pm On Nov 24, 2016
You knew this and yet you helped approve his loan bid
You all should lock that Senate building and return home....

8 Likes

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by csamii: 4:26pm On Nov 24, 2016
Izonpikin:

Buhari can't function as a leader be it a military dictator or democratically elected. He simply lacks the idea of how to pilot the affairs of a country. Even if you hand him a country like North Korea with his dictatorial tendency, South Korea will successfully invade the North in a matter of days.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by googlepikins: 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2016
Buhari is a useless goat.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by sasquareT(m): 5:21pm On Nov 24, 2016
k2kay:
extral ordinary clueless

27 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Helicopter Crash Near FUTY - Confirmed By DHQ / Presidential Air Fleet Expenditure 2015 - Presidency / Ahmad Lawan: Drug Barons Funding Terrorists, Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.