Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession (36148 Views)

"Saraki And I Have No Plan To Return To PDP" - Governor Ahmed / PDP Crisis: No Plan To Suspend Jonathan, Others - Sheriff / You can’t end recession with a Finance minister having qualifications as Kemi – (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by yinkslinks(m): 4:11am On Nov 25, 2016
Then impeach him saraki and take over power let tinubu have heartattack.
sarrki:
Senate: Buhari has no plan to end recession— 24th November 2016

From Fred Itua, Abuja

http://sunnewsonline.com/senate-buhari-has-no-plan-to-end-recession/
Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by donbrowser(m): 5:42am On Nov 25, 2016
sarrki:

I know the indicators aren't OK now
At the end of the tunnel
Light will show forth
Something is wrong with you abi?
Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by moshino(m): 5:45am On Nov 25, 2016
tit:

Nigeria is going to crash and burn,
except Tinubu take action.

You people said "even if buhari presented bread label or nepa bill as certificate, you'll still vote for him", well, now you have him as your 'ferezident', deal with it, and good luck.
Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by victorazy(m): 5:48am On Nov 25, 2016
DDeliverer:

Where when is the tunnel ending? 2017 or 2018?
I don't know who did this to you....but it shall not be well with that person. angry
grin
Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by Bluesearoll(m): 6:00am On Nov 25, 2016
The funniest thing is that some people still believe this govt has some magic wands to still wave about.. Time will tell, time will tell,.. 18months don pass, am still watching and wait...
Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by donshaddow(m): 6:03am On Nov 25, 2016
sarrki:

Sis wail how ?

The Senate said he as know plan to end recession

That's their opinion not mine.

I believe strongly he will shock everyone soon

Yes, we are already in big shock. I pray we recover before he shocks us again.
Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by tete7000(m): 6:06am On Nov 25, 2016
k2kay:
If Jonathan was clueless, what do we call the incumbent?

Cluelessly clueless or dullardly dullest. Pick one....cheesy

Our president is a product of incomplete education. Certificateless

1 Like

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by plenitude(m): 6:34am On Nov 25, 2016
repogirl:
No way! I cant cheer wickedness. Do you know how many people have been killed under this so called President? The most annoying part is he doesn't acknowledge or speak against it. As if no one died or as if it was animals without families that care for them that died.

I could forgive his mishandling of the economy sef but a President that sees nothing wrong with his soldiers murdering at least hundred people at once on different occasions can never have my support.
Aunty you are vexing oooooo....Lol
Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by urchman3000(m): 6:39am On Nov 25, 2016
What was senate expecting before? Is there no difference between 1985 and this century 2016? We have all be deceive my also the senate that supported buhari, they should stop complaining and enjoy the change.
Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by Splashme: 6:43am On Nov 25, 2016
Izonpikin:
Buhari is not fit to rule in this present times...I sounded this warning like a mad man before the elections.i would have preferred the apc fielded a technocrat who is sound both economically and socially..

Buhari is bereft of the happenings in this digital age..how did we even get here as a people..we moved from busines and commercial boom to suffering and recession..buharis brain is programmed to only yap about corruption(even when he himself is corrupt).. undecided

Economy zero..

People management zero.. undecided undecided

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 25, 2016
k2kay:
clueless 3

1 Like

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by kenomobola(m): 6:45am On Nov 25, 2016
repogirl:
and it's everytime Buhari becomes President that the country begins paying the price of wastefulness.

I can bet you everything we are going through now could have been avoided or if not avoided, could have been managed better.

By the way, how dare you say the minister doesnt need to appear before the senate committee? Even the president, if summoned is mandated to appear before them. See, these people were put into office by us and tomorrow if we suddenly grow sense and agitate that we no longer want them in power, it is our right. What is democracy after all. The south African president surrenders himself to his Paliament when summoned, where he is insulted and called a thief everytime. If it were Buhari, all the reps would be in DSS custody.

The legislative are our representatives and in a sane government,they answer to the people. No minister...even the president of the United States is not above congress! The PM of the UK goes to Paliament regularly, defending every action he plans to take, so who the hell is one Minister Udo Udoma who has no inkling what he is doing, to refuse to show up when summoned?

Nigerians need to get sense and know that we owe no one, this country is ours and only we can guide it in the direction we want. The people arethe power and I stand with my statement,we are not suffering wastefulness, we are suffering from our current bad leadership.

I say it again, we are suffering from bad leadership not wastefulness.

You are spot on.
Do you know the saddest part of this quagmire we've found ourselves in? The Federal Government is silently waiting, even praying, for oil prices to soar back up; that's their magic wand, their mighty solution to the recession.

1 Like

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by dotedote: 7:01am On Nov 25, 2016
Did you read the whole piece?
Is this what you teach your kids?
Healiner

sarrki:

Sis wail how ?

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by Obiwiz(m): 7:11am On Nov 25, 2016
[quote author=DDeliverer post=51332044]How did we get here? angry angry[/quote
Sophisticated politicking by sophisticated people brought us here. But all of us eyes go clear very soon. That's if e never clear already sef
Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by Dicksonpal: 7:20am On Nov 25, 2016
sarrki:

grin grin grin

Brother

My brother we all want a better Nigeria

N so shall it be for us all

We are over 160 million in Nigeria

We can't think all same way
bro say amen to that prayer please.... It shall not be well with the person that did Dis to yu.

1 Like

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by jblackbell(m): 7:40am On Nov 25, 2016
k2kay:
JOBless

1 Like

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by sarrki(m): 7:42am On Nov 25, 2016
Dicksonpal:
bro say amen to that prayer please.... It shall not be well with the person that did Dis to yu.
grin
Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by rukess: 7:48am On Nov 25, 2016
no one can give what he did not have. buhari's incapability has been exposed
Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by repogirl(f): 7:48am On Nov 25, 2016
plenitude:
Aunty you are vexing oooooo....Lol
I Dey vex no be small. angry

2 Likes

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by UnimkeAk(m): 7:55am On Nov 25, 2016
sarrki:

I know the indicators aren't OK now

At the end of the tunnel

Light will show forth
Which tunnel? So u guys are nw dealers in faith and optimism.
Buhari is brain dead.
I had an open mind after d elections 2wards dis govt. Bt after waiting 4 6mnts 4 appointments, see d imbeciles he appointed.
Recession president, happened in 83 to 85 and it is happening nw. Dis recession would end in 2019 when he leaves office.

2 Likes

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by akintom(m): 8:10am On Nov 25, 2016
What plans do the Senate have themselves?

Is the Senate not part of the arms of Nigeria government?

How has the Senate helped Nigeria since 1999?

NASS has been a wasteful draining pipe on our commonwealth.

The paranoid senators are suffering from knee jerk. Because the wasteful patronage of their bottomless stomach is fast disappearing.

Nigeria is coming out stronger and better.
Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by spartan50(m): 8:34am On Nov 25, 2016
sarrki:

grin grin grin

Brother

My brother we all want a better Nigeria

N so shall it be for us all

We are over 160 million in Nigeria

We can't think all same way

Why are you so blind bro... The hand writing is on the wall this president is not sound enough.

And you support a dummy

Good for you

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by orunto27: 9:04am On Nov 25, 2016
The Presidency is confused. Daura Mafia, Bokoharam and Fulani Herdsmen on the one hand, Biafra, Niger Delta Avengers and the unrealistic contributions of the CBN, on the other hand, are the problems. The NASS should help Nigeria out.
Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by KBrown: 9:19am On Nov 25, 2016
Senator Yerima appears to be the only one among the lot quoted that made sense. It's very easy to criticize someone's creation but another ball game to make corrections. The document has been passed to the Senate for inputs. Why reject it at face without delving into the details all because there are no accompanying Ghana must go bags.
Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by tbaby4u(f): 10:07am On Nov 25, 2016
sarrki:

Sis wail how ?

So u are still dreaming? Wake up now cuz I did a long time ago. Welcome to reality.
Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by tbaby4u(f): 10:08am On Nov 25, 2016
k2kay:

Cluelessfools

1 Like

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by chernest2002: 10:15am On Nov 25, 2016
Those who elected this dull brain should quickly stand up and face firing squad.
Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by uzolexis(f): 10:21am On Nov 25, 2016
repogirl:
and it's everytime Buhari becomes President that the country begins paying the price of wastefulness.

I can bet you everything we are going through now could have been avoided or if not avoided, could have been managed better. Tell me one thing they have done right concerning this economy since they resumed office. Remember the first few weeks of Buhari's resumption, our stocks rose, investor confidence was high, but then Buhari began work. No direction on the economy, making foolish statements like he met an empty treasury, CBN suddenly cutting off forex supply to businesses, thereby creating panic and investors ran. Then they said they don't need the investors, Nigeria would be better without them. No ministers and when he finally put them together, they have no idea what their ministeries are about. He gave Crude oil exporters ultimatums at a time when oil was selling at an all time low as if Nigeria is the only Oil producing country they can buy from. Then he cancelled the Niger delta amnesty programme...just making all the bad decisions and you say wastefulness?

Even if the past administrations were wasteful and nothing was saved, isnt that the time to be careful not to lose your customers? Instead you kuku chase them off and later go and be begging them to return after the economy has been plunged into recession. Will they dash you their money to be wasted again especially when they do not see any clear cut plans to get out of it which is what the senate is asking this so called Minister of planning Udo Udoma.

The little money the country is making is going to oil exploration in the North by the NORTHERN NIGERIA PETROLEUM COMPANY and he keeps preaching diversification. Now he wants to borrow 30billion dollars which I bet you,half of it will go into oil exploration.

By the way, how dare you say the minister doesnt need to appear before the senate committee? Even the president, if summoned is mandated to appear before them. See, these people were put into office by us and tomorrow if we suddenly grow sense and agitate that we no longer want them in power, it is our right. What is democracy after all. The south African president surrenders himself to his Paliament when summoned, where he is insulted and called a thief everytime. If it were Buhari, all the reps would be in DSS custody.

The legislative are our representatives and in a sane government,they answer to the people. No minister...even the president of the United States is not above congress! The PM of the UK goes to Paliament regularly, defending every action he plans to take, so who the hell is one Minister Udo Udoma who has no inkling what he is doing, to refuse to show up when summoned?

Nigerians need to get sense and know that we owe no one, this country is ours and only we can guide it in the direction we want. The people arethe power and I stand with my statement,we are not suffering wastefulness, we are suffering from our current bad leadership!

Under the past administration, Nigeria became the number one economy in Africa. Do you think that position happens without investing money into the economy? You call it wastage, but it was mostly investments. investments which are probably still holding this country together so that things don't become as bad as 1983.Yes, the last administration was riddled with corruption but is it worse than that of Abacha and OBJ's?

Lets not forget oil prices didn't just drop after Buhari entered office. NOI saw what was coming ahead and I'm sure if she and her Economic team had been left to handle it we wouldn't be in this mess.

Even with the massive corruption in our economy and boko haram threats, Nigeria held the first ever world economic summit in Africa and top economists, investors and officials from all over the world attended it because they recognised Nigeria was the next place to invest in. Would they have bothered if our economy had no potential? That's what is called true diversification not this nonsense Buhari keeps shouting yet he's doing opposite.

thanks for educating a lot of people here who have refused to use their brains and keep giving useless excuses for the incompetency of this government.

2 Likes

Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by Mcanie: 10:26am On Nov 25, 2016
grin
Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by winj: 10:48am On Nov 25, 2016
why should he?
His daughters are married to treasury looting governors, senators and oil thieves.

There is not recession in his house and family!
Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by Splashme: 10:56am On Nov 25, 2016
Splinz:
Then what are we waiting for Lets send that herdsman back to his cows!
Re: Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession by Wizzyblack3(m): 11:44am On Nov 25, 2016
repogirl:

I can bet you everything we are going through now could have been avoided or if not avoided, could have been managed better. Tell me one thing they have done right concerning this economy since they resumed office. Remember the first few weeks of Buhari's resumption, our stocks rose, investor confidence was high, but then Buhari began work. No direction on the economy, making foolish statements like he met an empty treasury, CBN suddenly cutting off forex supply to businesses, thereby creating panic and investors ran. Then they said they don't need the investors, Nigeria would be better without them. No ministers and when he finally put them together, they have no idea what their ministeries are about. He gave Crude oil exporters ultimatums at a time when oil was selling at an all time low as if Nigeria is the only Oil producing country they can buy from. Then he cancelled the Niger delta amnesty programme...just making all the bad decisions and you say wastefulness?

Even if the past administrations were wasteful and nothing was saved, isnt that the time to be careful not to lose your customers? Instead you kuku chase them off and later go and be begging them to return after the economy has been plunged into recession. Will they dash you their money to be wasted again especially when they do not see any clear cut plans to get out of it which is what the senate is asking this so called Minister of planning Udo Udoma.

The little money the country is making is going to oil exploration in the North by the NORTHERN NIGERIA PETROLEUM COMPANY and he keeps preaching diversification. Now he wants to borrow 30billion dollars which I bet you,half of it will go into oil exploration.

Nigerians need to get sense and know that we owe no one, this country is ours and only we can guide it in the direction we want. The people arethe power and I stand with my statement,we are not suffering wastefulness, we are suffering from our current bad leadership!

Under the past administration, Nigeria became the number one economy in Africa. Do you think that position happens without investing money into the economy? You call it wastage, but it was mostly investments. investments which are probably still holding this country together so that things don't become as bad as 1983.Yes, the last administration was riddled with corruption but is it worse than that of Abacha and OBJ's?

Lets not forget oil prices didn't just drop after Buhari entered office. NOI saw what was coming ahead and I'm sure if she and her Economic team had been left to handle it we wouldn't be in this mess.

Even with the massive corruption in our economy and boko haram threats, Nigeria held the first ever world economic summit in Africa and top economists, investors and officials from all over the world attended it because they recognised Nigeria was the next place to invest in. Would they have bothered if our economy had no potential? That's what is called true diversification not this nonsense Buhari keeps shouting yet he's doing opposite.

Oh my! God bless you sister. May ur fountain of knowledge never run dry. You just hit d nail right on the head. But i feel its just a waste of time trying to convince some Zombies, cos even the truth will never set them free.
Anyway, thanks for analysing to them their real problem.
Only what Buhari cares about is the Power

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Masked Female Obidient Biker Flaunts Labour Party Flag In Calabar (Photo) / Enugu Airport Most Embarrassing In The World – Senator Egwu / Photos Of Shamsudeen Mohammed In Court, As He Is Sent Back To Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.