Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Is A Guy's Job A Criteria For Deciding if He will Be A Right Marriage Partner??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is A Guy's Job A Criteria For Deciding if He will Be A Right Marriage Partner??? (631 Views)

What Are Your Top 3 Criteria When Looking For A Potential Life Partner? / When Did Material Things Became A Criteria For A Man's Readiness To Settle Down? / Is He Marriage Material? Four Steps For Creating Your Custom Plan & Deciding If (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is A Guy's Job A Criteria For Deciding if He will Be A Right Marriage Partner??? by Aijayyjimmy(f): 6:12pm On Nov 24, 2016
Okay...lemme drop this here
my friends n I were kinda having this discussion d other day abt a friend of ours who turned down a guy Cus he's a policeman( marine police)..
so this sprouted soooo many arguments between us...
d tin wan craze one babe...she said that shouldn't @ all be a deciding factor...some others thought other wise....
so my question is shall a lady put a man's job( legal one o) into consideration before accepting to date or marry a guy...take 4 instance a police officer.. Is a guy's job a criteria for deciding of he ll be a right marriage partner
Okay...lemme drop this here
my friends n I were kinda having this discussion d other day abt a friend of ours who turned down a guy Cus he's a policeman( marine police)..
so this sprouted soooo many arguments between us...
d tin wan craze one babe...she said that shouldn't @ all be a deciding factor...some others thought other wise....
so my question is shall a lady put a man's job( legal one o) into consideration before accepting to date or marry a guy...take 4 instance a police officer..
Re: Is A Guy's Job A Criteria For Deciding if He will Be A Right Marriage Partner??? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 24, 2016
It is about choices and you have right to make your choices and either regret them eventually or be proud of them.

If he is a darling and really loves you, what else? After all he gets a regular good pay. Some women prefer men in uniforms too.

It's all about criteria, but most important thing is he loves you, he is mature and has a well-paying job good enough to kick-start a family in this recession we have found ourselves in.

1 Like

Re: Is A Guy's Job A Criteria For Deciding if He will Be A Right Marriage Partner??? by kinggogo: 6:19pm On Nov 24, 2016
Depends on d kind of job
Re: Is A Guy's Job A Criteria For Deciding if He will Be A Right Marriage Partner??? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 24, 2016
Depends on the type of person.
There are the open minded ones, who do not believe in gender roles. So the guy is a carpenter and won't be able to provide lavishly for their kids. Who cares? After all she's well to do and can afford to take the whole family abroad. These ones wouldn't think about the guys job at all. As far as they're in love, she's okay.

There are the strictly archaic ones. Who strongy believe in gender roles and punishments for the offenders. He earns only 30 thousand a month!?!? Who will give her money to buy hollandis wrapper and matching gele? Who will pay the kids school fees? God forbid she forks out a dime for the house keeping. These ones will not even consider them as "boyfriend material" talkless husband.

Then there are people like me. Who don't believe in the marriage thing in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Is A Guy's Job A Criteria For Deciding if He will Be A Right Marriage Partner??? by chimerase2: 6:34pm On Nov 24, 2016
undecided
Re: Is A Guy's Job A Criteria For Deciding if He will Be A Right Marriage Partner??? by Intrepid01(m): 6:41pm On Nov 24, 2016
Masikay:
Depends on the type of person.
There are the open minded ones, who do not believe in gender roles. So the guy is a carpenter and won't be able to provide lavishly for their kids. Who cares? After all she's well to do and can afford to take the whole family abroad. These ones wouldn't think about the guys job at all. As far as they're in love, she's okay.

There are the strictly archaic ones. Who strongy believe in gender roles and punishments for the offenders. He earns only 30 thousand a month!?!? Who will give her money to buy hollandis wrapper and matching gele? Who will pay the kids school fees? God forbid she forks out a dime for the house keeping. These ones will not even consider them as "boyfriend material" talkless husband.

Then there are people like me. Who don't believe in the marriage thing in the first place.

@ boldened: with due respect for your view and curiosity for your standpoint....Would I be wrong to say that people of such view are either product of broken homes or bitter experiences from bad marriage. Why do I say so? Every human has been created to naturally long for a partner, a compliment, a soul mate and maybe a co-sojourner in the journey of life. Why would anyone feel strongly about being a lone-ranger?

On another thought, is it that such people do not have sexual and sensual needs or is it that they belong to the class of "all keys for any door"?......just wondering
Re: Is A Guy's Job A Criteria For Deciding if He will Be A Right Marriage Partner??? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 24, 2016
In this hard economy? Op what exactly does she not like abt the job. Is it Bcus he's a policeman and ppl know the police force to be corrupt or that he's always on the sea and don't have enough time for her or the income is too small? Which one?
Re: Is A Guy's Job A Criteria For Deciding if He will Be A Right Marriage Partner??? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 24, 2016
Intrepid01:
[/b]

@ boldened: with due respect for your view and curiosity for your standpoint....Would I be wrong to say that people of such view are either product of broken homes or bitter experiences from bad marriage. Why do I say so? Every human has been created to naturally long for a partner, a compliment, a soul mate and maybe a co-sojourner in the journey of life. Why would anyone feel strongly about being a lone-ranger?

On another thought, is it that such people do not have sexual and sensual needs or is it that they belong to the class of "all keys for any door"?......just wondering

Yes. You would be very wrong, because I haven't had any bitter marriage experience. I haven't even had any marriage experience at all. And I assure you my parents were okay. Still are actually.
Yea yea.. We all need to love and be loved. The thing is.. I don't think its that necessary to marry this person. I mean.. What if this person messes up? Marriage is an eternal bond (even though of late people treat it merely as advanced dating, breaking up and getting together at the slightest provocation) I dunno.. The thought of being eternally tethered (with no means of escape mind you, because I don't believe in divorce either) to a flawed human is just very scary
Maybe one day I'll find someone who'll make me think about the whole marriage thing, but right now? Nah..
Re: Is A Guy's Job A Criteria For Deciding if He will Be A Right Marriage Partner??? by Intrepid01(m): 8:29pm On Nov 24, 2016
Masikay:

Yes. You would be very wrong, because I haven't had any bitter marriage experience. I haven't even had any marriage experience at all. And I assure you my parents were okay. Still are actually.
Yea yea.. We all need to love and be loved. The thing is.. I don't think its that necessary to marry this person. I mean.. What if this person messes up? Marriage is an eternal bond (even though of late people treat it merely as advanced dating, breaking up and getting together at the slightest provocation) I dunno.. The thought of being eternally tethered (with no means of escape mind you, because I don't believe in divorce either) to a flawed human is just very scary
Maybe one day I'll find someone who'll make me think about the whole marriage thing, but right now? Nah..

Hmmm...thanks for the explanation, I think I get your point. I could infer you are filled with fear of commitment. The fear of being committed by law and trust to a fallible human that is wired with elements of betrayal and maltreatment. I still believe your views are borne out of others experience, maybe. free your mind from the fear of hurt and enjoy love; the best life has to offer.
Peace!
Re: Is A Guy's Job A Criteria For Deciding if He will Be A Right Marriage Partner??? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 24, 2016
Intrepid01:

Hmmm...thanks for the explanation, I think I get your point. I could infer you are filled with fear of commitment. The fear of being committed by law and trust to a fallible human that is wired with elements of betrayal and maltreatment. I still believe your views are borne out of others experience, maybe. free your mind from the fear of hurt and enjoy love; the best life has to offer.
Peace!

Enjoy love. Yes. Not marriage.
Re: Is A Guy's Job A Criteria For Deciding if He will Be A Right Marriage Partner??? by kingsman66(m): 8:35pm On Nov 24, 2016
PHONE MESSAGE CONVERSATION GIRLFRIEND: Good morning sweetheart (sent) BOYFRIEND: Good morning darling. (Sending failed) GIRLFRIEND: you you don't want to reply my message..don't you love me again, (Sent) BOYFRIEND: I love you dear, (sending failed) GIRLFRIEND: if you love reply my message. And if you don't ignore my message. (Sent) BOYFRIEND: I love you sweetheart. (Sending failed) GIRLFRIEND: why doing me like this honey. (Sent) BOYFRIEND; I want to reply you baby. but the network is poor. (sending failed) GIRLFRIEND: do you love me. (sent) BOYFRIEND: I love you true. (sending failed) GIRLFRIEND: Never speak to me again. (sent) BOYFRIEND: hmmmm babe I love you believe me. (sending failed) GIRLFRIEND Do you want to end our relationship. (sent) BOYFRIEND: I'm fed up of this shit...!!! ((message sent)) ------------------------------------ Pls which network is this.. # MTN ? # GLO? # AIRTEL ? # ETISALAT ? (BE HONEST

(1) (Reply)

Dear Ladies And Gentlemen / Hilarious Chat With My Ex / Dear Admin...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.