Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,968 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng (29441 Views)

What Is The Difference Between B/w 2.6cgpa And 3.2cgpa On 4.0grading Scale? / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree? / One Reason Why The Dichotomy Between B.SC & HND Will Continue.(graphic Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by oluadex99(m): 7:07am On Nov 25, 2016
Okk
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Young03(m): 7:07am On Nov 25, 2016
Lukmann1:
i thinked bsc is gave me to university students while beng is gave to technicals schools.

chisos

who is ur English teacher?

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by caslord(m): 7:07am On Nov 25, 2016
Lukmann1:
i thinked bsc is gave me to university students while beng is gave to technicals schools.
RIP English

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by moyakz(m): 7:08am On Nov 25, 2016
Lukmann1:
yes bro.bsc gave you to university students to teach you how to speak and write in english well.ensure u learn well and fast.
CHAI!AYAF DIE!

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Jchi9876: 7:08am On Nov 25, 2016
This country is certificate crazy yet they can't produce common toothpick.

What a zoo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by femi4: 7:08am On Nov 25, 2016
Bsc: 4yrs

Btech/B Eng:5yrs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Oluvico007(m): 7:08am On Nov 25, 2016
Most schools do honor engineering students BSc.. Cus even engineering.. is science
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Okemmuo(m): 7:08am On Nov 25, 2016
Lukmann1:

My God....

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Oluvico007(m): 7:09am On Nov 25, 2016
femi4:
Bsc: 4yrs

Btech/B Eng:5yrs

Guy shut up.
na BSc OAU dey gve engineering courses and den b 5yrs

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by kunle86(m): 7:10am On Nov 25, 2016
DanPel:
Came down ehen,oya come again
Grammar on nairaland are so lalastical
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by PGlitters(m): 7:10am On Nov 25, 2016
Oluvico007:

Dude.. Federal University of Technology don't offer B.tech.. Only college of Technology does in affiliate wit some University.. Like yaba tech in affiliate with UNIZIK I tink..

Federal University of Technology honours Bachelor of Engineering

And to the person that asked fr reviews.. Thrs notin different between B.Sc and B. Eng. All na format.. Na same tin den go teach u. And as par d practical.. It depends on the University.. Even olabisi onabanjo University dey honor B.Eng while OAU dey honor Bsc
Who told you Federal University of Technology don't offer B.tech. Make your findings well before posting. Am a graduate of Federal University of Technology Minna, I obtained my sweet B.tech in Chemistry.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Majesticniyi(m): 7:11am On Nov 25, 2016
dauddy97:
OP,
Bsc - bachelor of science
Btech - bachelor of technology
most federal university of technology will honour you with Btech cert. I don't think there is far different in the two cert.

Exactly. There isnt much of a difference, it's just basically names. Most Universities of Tech award B.Tech, some full-blown universities award B.Eng....and all that's just all about it. I studied mechanical engineering in UI and was awarded a B.Sc.

I wish you success in your DE aspirations, most people lose out because they don't get timely information about the admission process. Also, try to start processing your Transcript as soon as possible and send it to the university. I did like you and today I'm happy I didn't go for HND

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by femi4: 7:12am On Nov 25, 2016
Oluvico007:

Guy shut up.
na BSc OAU dey gve engineering courses and den b 5yrs
That's very foolish of them.....no wonder you acted like one
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Tobilee(m): 7:13am On Nov 25, 2016
Lukmann1:
I won't talk!
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by VictorRomanov: 7:14am On Nov 25, 2016
urchman3000:
. . . I wonder the kind of grammatical error we entertain on social medias this days....its a pity.

In ur attempt to correct somebody, u come fire your own. Wetin be 'medias'?? And 'this' going with 'days'??

12 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Majesticniyi(m): 7:15am On Nov 25, 2016
Tobilee:
I won't talk!

Please talk o.....the guy needs someone to talk sense to his head grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by supersaz66(m): 7:16am On Nov 25, 2016
Oluvico007:

Dude.. Federal University of Technology don't offer B.tech.. Only college of Technology does in affiliate wit some University.. Like yaba tech in affiliate with UNIZIK I tink..

And to the person that asked fr reviews.. Thrs notin different between B.Sc and B. Eng. All na format.. Na same tin den go teach u. And as par d practical.. It depends on the University.. Even olabisi onabanjo University dey honor B.Eng while OAU dey honor Bsc

I go to federal University of technology minna, and we don't have anything like BSc.. We only have b.tech, b.Agric and b.Eng

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by wiloy2k8(m): 7:16am On Nov 25, 2016
Lukmann1:

Bros Nawa

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 25, 2016
You all start at salary grade level 8. And job description

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by olayinkajnr(m): 7:17am On Nov 25, 2016
Oluvico007:

The guy you quoted is correct. Federal Universities of Technology offers B.Tech.... At least, my lil brother that graduated from FUTMINNA has a B.Tech as his first degree. Basically, all Federal Universities of Technology offers B.Tech in science and some social science based course and B.Eng in all engineering courses.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by martineverest(m): 7:18am On Nov 25, 2016
iluvpomo:
BSc = 4 year degree BEng = 5 Year degree Team EE cool
na ogbono dey ur brain,..is this ur answer?

Shake my head for future of nigeria.....too many empty-headed graduates

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Exponental(m): 7:18am On Nov 25, 2016
iluvpomo:
BSc = 4 year degree BEng = 5 Year degree Team EE cool
Not true. It all depends on COREN's recommendations.
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by shinebabe(f): 7:18am On Nov 25, 2016
B.sc deals more with course work and research while B.Eng is more practical course work with less research work done.

In Nigeria the difference is insignificant. In schools like Oau, the engineering faculty is called the faculty of technology, but the bachelor is B.Sc and is five years not four.
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Sufisunni: 7:20am On Nov 25, 2016
B.Eng (Bachelor of Engineering) is awarded to Engineering graduates irrespective of the university, being it Technology based or conventional univetsity. However, all Techology based universities award B.Eng to their Engineering graduates whereas some conventional universities award either B.Tech or B.Sc to their Engineering graduates and other Universities(conventional universities) award B.Eng to their graduates. B.Tech, B.Eng & B.Sc Engineering programmes r 5yrs and job opportunities r thesame, though B.Eng & B.Tech r expected to be more practical orientated but the all unis use almost same syllabus by NUC & regulated by COREN for their Eng'g programmes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Fxwarrior: 7:21am On Nov 25, 2016
Lukmann1:

Heheheheh
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by martineverest(m): 7:21am On Nov 25, 2016
dauddy97:
OP,
Bsc - bachelor of science
Btech - bachelor of technology
most federal university of technology will honour you with Btech cert. I don't think there is far different in the two cert.
empty-headed graduates everywhere.......nigeria's future is dead with ppl like u.......no wonder ppl like u just troll and flamebait on nairaland....smh
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by youngwarlocks: 7:22am On Nov 25, 2016
Oluvico007:

I graduated with a B.Tech in Quantity Surveying from FUT Minna, Niger State. your point is invalid
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 25, 2016
Oluvico007:

Really? Are you sure? Lol.... I like your spirit....confidently typing rubbish.....make findings before jumping to conclusions. ....all federal and state universities of technology award B.Tech.. I am a student of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology and my school awards B.Tech for all her courses....I see no reason why futa will be an exception.
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Grundig: 7:23am On Nov 25, 2016
urchman3000:
. . . I wonder the kind of grammatical error we entertain on social medias this days....its a pity.
In your quest to highlight his gaffe you also made same mistake.

You should learn when and how to use 'this and these'
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Semper247(m): 7:23am On Nov 25, 2016
Lukmann1:

This is deliberate huh?
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by martineverest(m): 7:24am On Nov 25, 2016
mokaflex:
All na same thing Oyibo dey use confuse people like the OP. B.sc means bachelor degree/first degree in science, B.eng.(engineering). B.A.(art courses) B.Agric( Agric courses). LLB.(law).
My point be say the person get first degree. That's all.
smh for ur ignorance....no wonder nigerians are after certificate
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by chuksdewigs(m): 7:26am On Nov 25, 2016
Oga, see the way you talking like you're 100% sure..lemme burst your brain...Federal University of Technology Owerri offers B.sc, B.tech and B.eng...get your facts right before you spill out ..

And to the person that asked fr reviews.. Thrs notin different between B.Sc and B. Eng. All na format.. Na same tin den go teach u. And as par d practical.. It depends on the University.. Even olabisi onabanjo University dey honor B.Eng while OAU dey honor Bsc[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Auchi Poly Bans Cars Belonging To Students From Entering Campus / Watch University Lecturer Flogging Students (video) / Emmanuel Nwosu: Rivers State University lecturer, harassing students Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.