Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng (29440 Views)

What Is The Difference Between B/w 2.6cgpa And 3.2cgpa On 4.0grading Scale? / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree? / One Reason Why The Dichotomy Between B.SC & HND Will Continue.(graphic Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 25, 2016
ragnar1:

you just mention computer twice
Computer Science is not Computer Engineering
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by mechanics(m): 9:55am On Nov 25, 2016
B.Eng holders are placed a step ahead of B.Sc holders in the civil service, and after 2yrs of employment, one wil write promotion exam instead of 3yrs for B.Sc graduates, but that's a new circular and it has started working, al d best.
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by seunfape(m): 10:03am On Nov 25, 2016
[quote author=mokaflex post=51348952]
Are you from Daura?[/qyuote]graduate of where?
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by seunfape(m): 10:09am On Nov 25, 2016
All these B.eng B.agric B.business etc they are all useless what is common and popular every where is B.sc. the only thing they will ask during interview is are you a B.sc holder or diploma .go to America , Asia British everywhere in the world same question
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by kaboninc(m): 10:16am On Nov 25, 2016
Omolola1:

Lmao!!! grin grin grin grin grin
I love your confidence lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Why laughing? tongue
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by winj: 10:46am On Nov 25, 2016
yeye question indeed.

Why not also ask the difference between BA and Bsc?

They are all bachelors degrees

BA
BSC
Beng
BTech
whatever...
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Marince: 10:49am On Nov 25, 2016
Lukmann1:
i thinked bsc is gave me to university students while beng is gave to technicals schools.
oboi which kind bullet b diz...
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by AbuSaad39(m): 10:50am On Nov 25, 2016
Iamthoney:
Thannnccchuu sir....my ribs oooooo
I corrected you instead of you should be thanking me you're there typing rubbish. I don't blame you!
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Iamthoney(m): 10:53am On Nov 25, 2016
AbuSaad39:
I corrected you instead of you should be thanking me you're there typing rubbish. I don't blame you!
U don high ba? na who u correct? u beta go wash ur eyes cos dirty dey inside...no be me u correct u hear?
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by AbuSaad39(m): 11:12am On Nov 25, 2016
Iamthoney:
U don high ba? na who u correct? u beta go wash ur eyes cos dirty dey inside...no be me u correct u hear?
Toh.
Tell me the right sentence of that statement or are you telling me your sentence is appropriately right?

Nigerian students tho.
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by AbuSaad39(m): 11:29am On Nov 25, 2016
Iamthoney:
I'm very sorry bro. Don't noticed your name, thought it was the guy I corrected.

So sorry bro.
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by agenerien(m): 11:32am On Nov 25, 2016
Well from my own experience:
In Nigeria, some Schools Award B.Sc, some B.Eng while the Universities of Technology's award B.Tech.
In Nigeria context all is the same.
But in South Africa, if you need to equate your Degree certificate to theirs through South Africa Qualification Authority (SAQA) where they convert it to NQF, what you get is:
BSc = NQF 6
BTech = NQF 7
BEng = NQF 7
MSc = NQF 6
even HND is graded as NQF 7.
The reason they gave is BSc of MSc is more of Science while the BEng, BTech and HND has more Practical Experience due to the IT and Year of Study.
Like I said, its based on my own experience.

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by buovbo(f): 11:43am On Nov 25, 2016
Oluvico007:

Dude.. Federal University of Technology don't offer B.tech.. Only college of Technology does in affiliate wit some University.. Like yaba tech in affiliate with UNIZIK I tink..

Federal University of Technology honours Bachelor of Engineering

And to the person that asked fr reviews.. Thrs notin different between B.Sc and B. Eng. All na format.. Na same tin den go teach u. And as par d practical.. It depends on the University.. Even olabisi onabanjo University dey honor B.Eng while OAU dey honor Bsc
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by buovbo(f): 11:49am On Nov 25, 2016
Oluvico007:

Dude.. Federal University of Technology don't offer B.tech.. Only college of Technology does in affiliate wit some University.. Like yaba tech in affiliate with UNIZIK I tink..

And to the person that asked fr reviews.. Thrs notin different between B.Sc and B. Eng. All na format.. Na same tin den go teach u. And as par d practical.. It depends on the University.. Even olabisi onabanjo University dey honor B.Eng while OAU dey honor Bsc

guy get your facts right.. federal university of technology offer B.tech for all courses except engineering courses which is B.ENG..dem no dy offer B.Sc because all courses for FUT na 5years even education
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by buovbo(f): 11:55am On Nov 25, 2016
Oluvico007:

Guy get your facts right.. Federal University of technology offers B.tech for all courses except engineering which is B.ENG..and no mata ur course of study it is standard 5yrs
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by jkrist: 12:07pm On Nov 25, 2016
Lukmann1:
i thinked bsc is gave me to university students while beng is gave to technicals schools.
man this your English can cause commotion in this forum ..
Easy with us now
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by numericalguy(m): 12:46pm On Nov 25, 2016
mechanics:
B.Eng holders are placed a step ahead of B.Sc holders in the civil service, and after 2yrs of employment, one wil write promotion exam instead of 3yrs for B.Sc graduates, but that's a new circular and it has started working, al d best.

Very correct. B. Eng is wider in theory and practical than B. Sc. This is because B. Eng guys are more in depth in other fields of engineering than a B. Sc.
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by kkboy(m): 1:11pm On Nov 25, 2016
They are all the same. The course outline is the same also, its just nomenclature. Most technical universities award B.eng or B.tec while conventional universities award B.sc
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 25, 2016
The degrees are not the same, even if they take the same length of time and share some classes. To the engineering world:

B.Tech. is a practical degree representing a senior technician role. Holders are expected to receive minimal theory and little-to-no design training. They are much better trained in analysis - the primary skill of a technician.

B.Eng. is supposed to be based on some design and theory, but really focused on mundane engineering tasks - designing based on established principles and techniques.

B.Sc. are theory/design based degrees, focusing heavily on theory and design principles, often with little application or practice.
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Ablitmuspaper(m): 2:29pm On Nov 25, 2016
iluvpomo:
BSc = 4 year degree
BEng = 5 Year degree
Team EE cool
greatest SEES
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by iluvpomo(m): 3:05pm On Nov 25, 2016
psalmson23:

Some Bsc are 5yrs.
There is no rigid rule, I have stated the norm
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by iluvpomo(m): 3:08pm On Nov 25, 2016
ncoolsome:

very wrong...so quantity survey,estate management,urp,building are 4yrs abi
BSc for sciences,BENG for engineering simple the yrs has nothing to play
Depends on the system being used.
PS: Qty surveying etc are for those who could not make into into engineering school ... tongue
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by iluvpomo(m): 3:12pm On Nov 25, 2016
Zlatimi:

I did a 5years course and Its BSc... environmental science courses are 5years and its BSc... thou i finished from unilag,quantity surveying
What was the 5 year course you did? Talk am now ... I hope it was not a 5 year, Bachelor of Arts, Basket Weaving course like the one @Martineverest did in a state university grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by iluvpomo(m): 3:19pm On Nov 25, 2016
Mrrespect:

Nt in Federal Universities
ABU has it that way
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Iamthoney(m): 3:44pm On Nov 25, 2016
AbuSaad39:
I'm very sorry bro. Don't noticed your name, thought it was the guy I corrected.

So sorry bro.
Apology accepted
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Zlatimi: 3:56pm On Nov 25, 2016
iluvpomo:
What was the 5 year course you did? Talk am now ... I hope it was not a 5 year, Bachelor of Arts, Basket Weaving course like the one @Martineverest did in a state university grin

Like you didn't see quantity surveying there abi you bli**d nii smh
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by bathrooms(m): 4:37pm On Nov 25, 2016
One is .sc and one is .eng
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Talkwisdom(m): 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2016
Topmaike007:
I have issue like this too.. Guys as a graduate of NCE going for DE can I read anything different from Education
sure bro.......you can as long as you made distinction
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by iluvpomo(m): 5:01pm On Nov 25, 2016
Zlatimi:
Like you didn't see quantity surveying there abi you bli**d nii smh
quantity surveying na course?? It is for those who could not make it into engineering grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by mokaflex(m): 5:08pm On Nov 25, 2016
martineverest:
smh for ur ignorance....no wonder nigerians are after certificate
Busy body. What do you mean?
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Saammiee(m): 8:01pm On Nov 25, 2016
Lukmann1:

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Topmaike007(m): 10:58pm On Nov 25, 2016
Talkwisdom:

sure bro.......you can as long as you made distinction
thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio / Auchi Poly Bans Cars Belonging To Students From Entering Campus / Watch University Lecturer Flogging Students (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.