Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng (29442 Views)

What Is The Difference Between B/w 2.6cgpa And 3.2cgpa On 4.0grading Scale? / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree? / One Reason Why The Dichotomy Between B.SC & HND Will Continue.(graphic Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Mrrespect(m): 8:20am On Nov 25, 2016
iluvpomo:
BSc = 4 year degree BEng = 5 Year degree Team EE cool
Nt in Federal Universities
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by ncoolsome(m): 8:25am On Nov 25, 2016
iluvpomo:

very wrong...so quantity survey,estate management,urp,building are 4yrs abi BSc for sciences,BENG for engineering simple the yrs has nothing to play
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by segunphilips(m): 8:25am On Nov 25, 2016
fredoricko:
They're both bachelor's degrees.

There are different variants of bachelor's degree. BA, BEng. ,Bsc. ,BEd

The first letter 'B' is an indication that the stated degree is a bachelor's. while the next letter or next two letters is a function of the faculty. 'A'- Art , Eng.- Engineering, Sc.- Science.

I hope this helps

This your contribution make more sense to me. But, let's remind ourselves that, while, Engineering is science, Science is not Engineering per se. Science fathers professionalised courses like Medicine, Engineering, Agriculture, Architecture, etc. So, I guess the tag "M.B.B.S, B.Eng, B.Agric, even B.L are coigned to show/reflect that a bearer has been professionalised sort of. We have similar issues with B.A holders that run 4 year courses and still don't have a cert tag B.Sc.

Some of these courses are birth from various application of sciences and other developmental ideas.

In fact, common to them is the touch of "not just stay at the lab or class" level, but are practical application to human development. This seemingly informs why some schools now recoigned their courses from just "Mathematics" to something like "Pure and Applied Mathematics", so as to give the outside world (employers especially) the idea that the cert is not just for the classes.

Also, let me reveal here that, all of these courses that bare special tags are characterised by longer and field based practicals. Like for the B.Agric thing, for a whole
semester in 400L, you are out of classes, but, on the farm, ditto for engineering et al.

Further, for B.Agric, we found that that our course synopses encapsulate, pure sciences, economics (200-500L), accounting, statistics, sociology, journalism, project management courses, etc.

I guess because of all these plenty areas of study lumped together in a given course of study, but chanelled towards a particular area of life needs, the area of life use and "useables" must be reflected.

This is because, its now beyond just being "Science", the-end-class-thing, but, Science alloyed with other developmental findings towards solving a pre-identifed and predefined problem.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by NairaMaster1(m): 8:30am On Nov 25, 2016
Lukmann1:
i thinked bsc is gave me to university students while beng is gave to technicals schools.

True son of aboki
I salute your gutt
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 25, 2016
AnonyNymous:
In my university, B.Sc are awarded to all courses which fall under the Science college/faculty. Including Geology, Microbiology, Computer Science, Biochemistry, etc.

While B.Eng are awarded to all Engineering courses, the available ones here being Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical, Computer, Chemical, Petroleum, and Civil Engineering.
he just said everything.... B.eng bachelor of Engineering is strickly for engineering graduates only, while B.sc is for social science and science related graduates. It will also interest you to know that engineering is not science.rather engineering is an art which deals with the practical and analycal application of science.
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Titheman(m): 8:35am On Nov 25, 2016
Lukmann1:
i thinked bsc is gave me to university students while beng is gave to technicals schools.
BUTU WAY??
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by timmycris(m): 8:38am On Nov 25, 2016
Lukmann1:
take it easy bro
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by BrutusOj(m): 8:38am On Nov 25, 2016
Oluvico007:

Guy u knw nothing..

He is not aware that courses like geology,micro biology, agric economics and co are BSc. Courses
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Cooleasy(m): 8:40am On Nov 25, 2016
Lukmann1:
Bros, you are supposed to be arrested, charged to court, convicted and sentenced to a very long jail term with no option of fine, for this genocide of English.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Allpropertyfocu: 8:44am On Nov 25, 2016
PGlitters:

Who told you Federal University of Technology don't offer B.tech. Make your findings well before posting. Am a graduate of Federal University of Technology Minna, I obtained my sweet B.tech in Chemistry.
in fact I'm B tech pure and applied chemistry too from Lautech..the guy is ignorant though
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by mycheery(m): 8:46am On Nov 25, 2016
I'm lost here!!! pls can somebody show me the way out?
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by kdfemi(m): 8:47am On Nov 25, 2016
Oluvico007:

Guy shut up.
na BSc OAU dey gve engineering courses and den b 5yrs
same as Unilag
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Criticize001(m): 8:47am On Nov 25, 2016
Lukmann1:
English language no be by force Na?!!
Nobody will persecute you if you speak your native language
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by AbuSaad39(m): 8:49am On Nov 25, 2016
iLiquidator:
Are you graduate?
You don fire your own too "are you graduate"? Not a good english sir "are you a graduate"? Is the right one. Take note!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 25, 2016
bar-gini? shocked
kunle86:
B.sc for barchelor of science, while Bng barchelor in engineering.
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by pepigeorge(m): 8:52am On Nov 25, 2016
AnonyNymous:
In my university, B.Sc are awarded to all courses which fall under the Science college/faculty. Including Geology, Microbiology, Computer Science, Biochemistry, etc.

While B.Eng are awarded to all Engineering courses, the available ones here being Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical, Computer, Chemical, Petroleum, and Civil Engineering.

Bsc is awarded to all science courses, which includes natural science and social science
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by mycheery(m): 8:53am On Nov 25, 2016
Lukmann1:
I'm lost here!!!
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Kfed4ril(m): 8:57am On Nov 25, 2016
Lukmann1:

English
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Mobsync(m): 9:03am On Nov 25, 2016
Topmaike007:
I have issue like this too.. Guys as a graduate of NCE going for DE can I read anything different from Education

I don't think so. The schools I know of would only take you for educational courses but who knows? Check your school and find out though I seriously doubt you can get anything apart from education.
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Kfed4ril(m): 9:05am On Nov 25, 2016
Oluvico007:

Dude.. Federal University of Technology don't offer B.tech.. Only college of Technology does in affiliate wit some University.. Like yaba tech in affiliate with UNIZIK I tink..

Federal University of Technology honours Bachelor of Engineering

And to the person that asked fr reviews.. Thrs notin different between B.Sc and B. Eng. All na format.. Na same tin den go teach u. And as par d practical.. It depends on the University.. Even olabisi onabanjo University dey honor B.Eng while OAU dey honor Bsc

Don't say what you are not sure of. Did you attend a federal university of technology? I guess no.

I graduated from FUTO and the offer b.tech and n.eng.
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by fineyemi(m): 9:06am On Nov 25, 2016
Lukmann1:
u go fear English nah.
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by mgumm: 9:09am On Nov 25, 2016
Lukmann1:
shocked
Lukmann1:
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by phobophobia: 9:12am On Nov 25, 2016
Knell down let me pray for you
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 25, 2016
The letters. Both are Bachelor's degrees
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by psalmson23(m): 9:13am On Nov 25, 2016
iluvpomo:

Some Bsc are 5yrs.
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Iamthoney(m): 9:22am On Nov 25, 2016
Lukmann1:
Are you for real? Tell me you purposely typed all this and that you are trying to be funny...yuck!!!
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Iamthoney(m): 9:29am On Nov 25, 2016
urchman3000:
. . . I wonder the kind of grammatical error we entertain on social medias this days....its a pity.
True talk bro...it is very alarming when one say "Social Medias"
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Iamthoney(m): 9:35am On Nov 25, 2016
Kevsman:
Oh My God, what language is this?
Taiwan language
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by kayceeD2(m): 9:36am On Nov 25, 2016
veekid:

the guy above me has said it all
u mean u have nothing to say?
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by buoye1(m): 9:36am On Nov 25, 2016
Oluvico007:

Dude.. Federal University of Technology don't offer B.tech.. Only college of Technology does in affiliate wit some University.. Like yaba tech in affiliate with UNIZIK I tink..

Federal University of Technology honours Bachelor of Engineering

And to the person that asked fr reviews.. Thrs notin different between B.Sc and B. Eng. All na format.. Na same tin den go teach u. And as par d practical.. It depends on the University.. Even olabisi onabanjo University dey honor B.Eng while OAU dey honor Bsc
Stop saying what you don't know bros, I'm a student of a federal university of technology and what my school offer is Bachelor of technology to all other departments and offer Bachelor of Engineering to Engineering departments
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Omolola1(f): 9:37am On Nov 25, 2016
Lukmann1:

Lmao!!! grin grin grin grin grin
I love your confidence lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng by Iamthoney(m): 9:37am On Nov 25, 2016
AbuSaad39:
You don fire your own too "are you graduate"? Not a good english sir "are you a graduate"? Is the right one. Take note!
Thannnccchuu sir....my ribs oooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Auchi Poly Bans Cars Belonging To Students From Entering Campus / Watch University Lecturer Flogging Students (video) / Emmanuel Nwosu: Rivers State University lecturer, harassing students Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.