Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,653 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo (4458 Views)

Vice Pres. Prof Yemi Osibanjo Makes A Surprise Visit To Fuel Stations In Lagos / Photos Of President Buhari Launching The Economic Recovery And Growth Plan Today / Dolapo Osinbajo Cuts Her Birthday Cake With Husband, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:36pm On Nov 24, 2016
ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo

In the just concluded Project Tour and the Anambra State Town Hall Meeting with the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Prof Yemi Osibanjo and the Minister for Women Affairs and Social Development, Sen. Aisha Al Hassan as well as the Minister for Employment and Productivity, Sen. Dr Chris Nwabueze Ngige; members of the National Assembly and host of members of the presidential working team, the Vice President described Anambra as the most productive state in Nigeria in terms of indigenous industries and commerce.

He noted that the visit marks his second since the inception of their administration and his first project tour in the state. He disclosed that the tour was necessitated by Governor Willie Obiano's appeal for the federal government's visits cum inspection as well as finding palliatives for the challenges facing investors in the current economic situation in the nation; Prof Yemi Osibanjo further extolled Governor Willie Obiano's exemplary leadership in the state especially for his efforts towards ameliorating the sufferings of the poor masses in the unfortunate era of economic tribulations assuring the people that conservative efforts are already being put in place to wrestle the ugly situation.

He enumerated the various opportunities the federal government has mapped out for women, youths and the impaired urging the people to queue in to harness these golden opportunities.

"whenever we hear about Anambra State, it is always the best of news... It'll always be news about people who are serious and determined, and who are diligent in whatever they do"

"I hope to be back... I've seen the great things that are happening here, I've seen the flyovers that the governor has built. I really congratulate him and thank him for great work that he is doing, and for a very good partnership that he has been offering us... I'll be back very soon" - VP Osibanjo

The Vice President who first toured the various cities in the state visiting the various factories in Onitsha and Nnewi expressed satisfaction with the level of development and opportunities being generated in the state showing optimism that the Willie Obiano's blueprint be exported to other parts of the country as he humorously added "I have given your alert governor my phone number so that I can also get alerts and enjoy the good things you people enjoy in Anambra"

Speaking earlier in the event, the host, Governor Willie Obiano thanked the Vice President for harkening to his calls and coming to identify with Ndi Anambra, especially the investors battling to sustain their businesses with the economic situation. He reassured Ndi Anambra of his commitment towards alleviating the impact of recession on them through his ban on taxation for market women, traders and other businesses within the state, and his prompt payment of salaries assuring the civil servants of their salary before Christmas which would go with a bag of rice each.

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by windeal: 8:52pm On Nov 24, 2016
Ftc

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by sammuell(m): 8:55pm On Nov 24, 2016
He said the truth

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 24, 2016
Nigerian state is a hindrance to some parts of the country

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by betty202020(m): 9:01pm On Nov 24, 2016
post=51340946:

In the just concluded Project Tour and the Anambra State Town Hall Meeting with the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Prof Yemi Osibanjo and the Minister for Women Affairs and Social Development, Sen. Aisha Al Hassan as well as the Minister for Employment and Productivity, Sen. Dr Chris Nwabueze Ngige; members of the National Assembly and host of members of the presidential working team, the Vice President described Anambra as the most productive state in Nigeria in terms of indigenous industries and commerce.

He noted that the visit marks his second since the inception of their administration and his first project tour in the state. He disclosed that the tour was necessitated by Governor Willie Obiano's appeal for the federal government's visits cum inspection as well as finding palliatives for the challenges facing investors in the current economic situation in the nation; Prof Yemi Osibanjo further extolled Governor Willie Obiano's exemplary leadership in the state especially for his efforts towards ameliorating the sufferings of the poor masses in the unfortunate era of economic tribulations assuring the people that conservative efforts are already being put in place to wrestle the ugly situation.

He enumerated the various opportunities the federal government has mapped out for women, youths and the impaired urging the people to queue in to harness these golden opportunities.

"whenever we hear about Anambra State, it is always the best of news... It'll always be news about people who are serious and determined, and who are diligent in whatever they do"

"I hope to be back... I've seen the great things that are happening here, I've seen the flyovers that the governor has built. I really congratulate him and thank him for great work that he is doing, and for a very good partnership that he has been offering us... I'll be back very soon" - VP Osibanjo

The Vice President who first toured the various cities in the state visiting the various factories in Onitsha and Nnewi expressed satisfaction with the level of development and opportunities being generated in the state showing optimism that the Willie Obiano's blueprint be exported to other parts of the country as he humorously added "I have given your alert governor my phone number so that I can also get alerts and enjoy the good things you people enjoy in Anambra"

Speaking earlier in the event, the host, Governor Willie Obiano thanked the Vice President for harkening to his calls and coming to identify with Ndi Anambra, especially the investors battling to sustain their businesses with the economic situation. He reassured Ndi Anambra of his commitment towards alleviating the impact of recession on them through his ban on taxation for market women, traders and other businesses within the state, and his prompt payment of salaries assuring the civil servants of their salary before Christmas which would go with a bag of rice each.

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by ebujany(m): 9:03pm On Nov 24, 2016
Eziokwu by ndu. Okwa ya ndi igbo ibe mu

16 Likes

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by betty202020(m): 9:06pm On Nov 24, 2016
post=51340946:

I'm from IMO, I always enjoy and appreciate good news from Anambra state.
God bless Willi,
God bless southeast,
God bless the whole southern Nigeria,
God bless Nigeria

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 9:19pm On Nov 24, 2016
epic truth tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by RockHard: 9:25pm On Nov 24, 2016
This boy and propaganda. The VP knows better than to make such a false categorical statement as that would be the height of ignorance and falsehood, as the state doesn't contribute that significantly to the overall national industrial capacity. Where would that leave the likes of Lagos and Ogun the undisputed industrial powerhouses in the country? OP, you must be working overtime for your government house paymasters.

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:34pm On Nov 24, 2016
Great state

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:37pm On Nov 24, 2016
More

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 24, 2016
OMG!
Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:43pm On Nov 24, 2016
RockHard:
This boy and propaganda. The VP knows better than to make such a false categorical statement as that would be the height of ignorance and falsehood, as the state doesn't contribute that significantly to the overall national industrial capacity. Where would that leave the likes of Lagos and Ogun the undisputed industrial powerhouses in the country? OP, you must be working overtime for your government house paymasters.
Anambra is number 1 indigenous industries and commercial state in Nigeria fact

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by zero8zero(m): 9:43pm On Nov 24, 2016
Those in customized clothing are the ones lying & deceiving him. The amounts wasted on such frivolities could have been channeled Into ugu plantation. #MediaPersonalties.

Truth is mine*
Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by chiefobdk(m): 9:46pm On Nov 24, 2016
i just love how dem wear apga cloth take intimidate mere commissioner and short ngige. anambra is apga. apga is anambra

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by PRXPERT: 10:14pm On Nov 24, 2016
we don't need you to validate our achievements!! swerve!!!

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by aresa: 10:18pm On Nov 24, 2016
lol @ osinbajo gassing em'..

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:29pm On Nov 24, 2016
RockHard:

Shut up.
They said indigenous.
Now, tell me the state with the most indigenous industries?

20 Likes

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by Yyeske(m): 10:33pm On Nov 24, 2016
Anambra, always repping. We know those who will soil this thread.

No wonder, I was wondering why the number of choppers and planes over onitsha today

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by Yyeske(m): 10:34pm On Nov 24, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Shut up.
They said indigenous.
Don't always reply eediots, you make them feel important

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by Yyeske(m): 10:37pm On Nov 24, 2016
zero8zero:
The best way to make Nyanmiris feel a sense of belonging, is to massage their egos.

Truth is mine*
E pain am

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by EternalTruths: 10:39pm On Nov 24, 2016

Lamentation of Afonjas about to begin grin

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by aresa: 10:41pm On Nov 24, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Shut up.
They said indigenous.

What is the meaning of indigenous in this context? That was a meaningless and disingenuous claim spewed just to massage some people since there's zero effect or relevance to that claim I'm economic terms.

Lagos is still home to the largest concentration of all manner of industrialization from local, indigenous and foreign industrial activities.

In fact, in what or where are the so called industries? You mind listting them also..

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by Yyeske(m): 10:50pm On Nov 24, 2016
aresa:

What is the meaning of indigenous in this context? That was a meaningless and disingenuous claim spewed just to massage some people since there's zero effect or relevance to that claim I'm economic terms.

Lagos is still home to the largest concentration of all manner of industrialization from local, indigenous and foreign industrial activities.

In fact, in what or where are the so called industries? You mind listting them also..

Are you indigenous to Lagos? Lagos has everything going for her because of the skewed favour she has enjoyed as a former capital and still enjoys now with all functioning ports located there. Good for Lagos though, Anambra will rival Lagos if given the chance

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by nwabobo: 10:57pm On Nov 24, 2016
aresa:

Says someone who has never been to Asaba let alone cross the Niger

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by OPCNAIRALAND: 11:00pm On Nov 24, 2016
chiefobdk:
i just love how dem wear apga cloth take intimidate mere commissioner and short ngige. anambra is apga. apga is anambra

PDP wey be national party no intimidate VP, na APGA, a ward party, go make am fear?
Your own clowning sef na special brand. grin

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:01pm On Nov 24, 2016
aresa:

That's the point. Too numerous to mention.
Choke on that.
Unlike Ogun that has negligible local content, just a ground for capital flight.

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by OPCNAIRALAND: 11:04pm On Nov 24, 2016
Yyeske:
Are you indigenous to Lagos? Lagos has everything going for her because of the skewed favour she has enjoyed as a former capital and still enjoys now with all functioning ports located there. Good for Lagos though, Anambra will rival Lagos if given the chance

Who will bring the chance?
Just yesterday it was reported that all SE Governors and all Igbo social organizations will converge in Lagos to hold a meeting on Igbo unity.

Lagos does not have any special chance...Igbo just happens to have deficits in leadership, das all!

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:33pm On Nov 24, 2016
Haters are really not comfortable grin grin You sit in your enclave and think others are sleeping, Your tribe's man has revealed what he saw on ground, kids that doesn't know outside their region are here hitting their heads on the wall
[b]Former Head of State, General Abdulsalam Abubakar, yesterday officially commissioned the new ultra modern Nnewi Hotel and Event Centre, Anambra State, with a call on all Nigerians to work together to build the nation.
Abubakar who is the chairman of the National Peace Committee, said that all hands must be on deck to ensure that the nation’s economy is re­vamped as that task should not be left in the hands of government alone.
He pointed out that the industrial town of Nnewi is already a shining ex­ample of how the private sector and individuals can contribute positively to­ward building the nation’s economy.
“Nnewi people have al­ready blazed the trail in the area of building the nation’s economy through individual efforts.
“I have gone round to see the factories in the town and I can say with all sense of responsibility that this is the best industrial cluster in Nigeria.
“People from other ar­eas should come to Nnewi to learn how the industri­alists here are doing it”, he said.

The former Head of State commended the in­dustrialists and manufac­turers in Anambra state for their efforts even as he urged them not to relent in the face of the present economic recession.
His words: “Economic recession is a reality we cannot run away from but with our collective ef­forts, we can jointly work together to reposition the nation and have a vibrant economy.
“In doing this, the pri­vate sector has major roles to play as we have seen in the Nnewi example.
“Recession is not pecu­liar to Nigeria because all over the world, there is economic recession, it is going to be tough but we have to be patient with the government.”
Speaking on the pre­vailing insecurity across the country, Abubakar said there is no need for the current agitation and tension because all nag­ging issues can be resolved through dialogue.
“We can sit at a round table to discuss. I am ap­pealing to all Nigerians to come together and discuss, no matter where they come from, and their grievances”, he stated.
The former Head of State had along with the hotel proprietor, Dr. Ben Aghazu, and other digni­taries earlier visited major companies in Nnewi, in­cluding Chikason Group, Ibeto Group, Ifeanyi Ubah games village.
Abubakar thereafter performed the commissioning of the hotel along­side the Anambra state governor, Chief Willie

[/b]
http://authorityngr.com/2016/08/Emulate-Nnewi-in-economic-devt--Gen-Abubakar/

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by Yyeske(m): 11:44pm On Nov 24, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

Who will bring the chance?
Just yesterday it was reported that all SE Governors and all Igbo social organizations will converge in Lagos to hold a meeting on Igbo unity.

Lagos does not have any special chance...Igbo just happens to have deficits in leadership, das all!
Lies, why are seaports in Warri, PH, calabar etc not functioning and are you trying to tell me that the SW has the best and most prudent governors?

Re: ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo by basilo102: 11:49pm On Nov 24, 2016
indigenous is the keyword. SW industries lack local content, owned by oyibos

See The Moment Femi-fani Kayode Knelt To Greet Tinubu / Omokri:What Is The Difference Btw Hushpuppi And Tinubu, Answer And Collect ₦5K / How Kwara Deputy Governor Eloped With His Friend's Wife, Lodge Her In Govt House

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72