Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,378 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! (2643 Views)

Ever Heard Of Atheistic Evolution? / What Are The Problems Of An Atheistic Position? / Utilisation Of Coincidence By Religious Folks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by akintom(m): 10:52am On Nov 25, 2016
THE DIALOGUE

Mr Muslim: Mr Christian, do you know you're an atheist?

Mr Christian: no I'm not an atheist.

Mr Muslim: you're, because you lack believe in Allah and his CHOICE prophet(Mohammad).

Mr Christian: yes, in that case, i will rather be an atheist, to the extent that i lack believe in your "inexistent Allah" and his prophet.

Mr Muslim: now you see, i told you, you're an atheist. You're even worst than the rational atheists, for all i care.

Mr Christian: the same goes for you too. You're are an atheist too. Because you lack believe in jehovah God and his ONLY begotten son (Jesus christ).
Your also worst, because of your extreme views.

Hmmmm.........religions and religious beliefs. What a ridiculous twist.

6 Likes

Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by Seun(m): 11:58am On Nov 25, 2016
Yep.

Most Christians can examine Islam and quickly come to the conclusion that it's not true. It's too violent, they say. The promise of a harem of busty virgins to Bleep for all eternity was obviously hastily cooked up to persuade young men to fight for the Prophet, they say. The Prophet never performed any miracle, they say. His revelations were self-serving, they say. The Scripture is boring, repetitive, and unoriginal, they say.

Most Muslims can examine Christianity and quickly come to the same conclusion. The doctrine of the trinity is not logical, they say. Christians can't claim to worship one God if they also worship Jesus, they say. The bible is riddled with contradictions, which shows that it's been corrupted, they say. Speaking in tongues and falling under anointing make no sense, they say. "Why are there so many denominations?"

But none can see the flaws in their own religion and thus arrive at the conclusion that atheists have arrived at. They have just one blind spot.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by plaetton: 12:00pm On Nov 25, 2016
akintom:

Mr Muslim: you're, because you lack believe in Allah and his CHOICE prophet(Mohammad).

Mr Christian: yes, in that case, i will rather be an atheist, to the extent that i lack believe in your "inexistent Allah" and his prophet.

Mr Muslim: now you see, i told you, you're an atheist. You're even worst than the rational atheists, for all i care.

Mr Christian: the same goes for you too. You're are an atheist too. Because you lack believe in jehovah God and his ONLY begotten son (Jesus christ).

Anyone that prays more than once a week or repeats prayers is a person in doubt, great doubt, a closet atheist.

Anyone that asks another person, pastor or priest or Pope, to pray for him or her is a person in doubt, great doubt, and a closet atheist.

Anyone who goes for night vigils, or prays at midnight, or prays with candles or other religious fetishes is a person in doubt, the greatest of doubts, and is nothing but an atheist living in morbid fear.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by urahara(m): 12:01pm On Nov 25, 2016
We are all atheists , some of us just go one god further.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by peacesamuel94(m): 12:20pm On Nov 25, 2016
Not True, Christians believe other gods exist, but do not regard them as supreme.
Atheism On the other hand, totally deny and lack belief their existence.
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by urahara(m): 12:27pm On Nov 25, 2016
peacesamuel94:
Not True, Christians believe other gods exist, but do not regard them as supreme.

So u believe zeus and krishna exist
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by Makaveli08: 12:29pm On Nov 25, 2016
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by peacesamuel94(m): 12:31pm On Nov 25, 2016
urahara:

So u believe zeus and krishna exist

It does not necessarily have to be zeus and krishna, i believe other gods exist, but do not regard them as supreme.

1 Like

Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by Deicide: 12:40pm On Nov 25, 2016
peacesamuel94:
So u want to compare Zeus to Yahweh undecided
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by peacesamuel94(m): 12:41pm On Nov 25, 2016
Deicide:
So u want to compare Zeus to Yahweh undecided
on what grounds
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by Deicide: 12:49pm On Nov 25, 2016
peacesamuel94:

on what grounds
In the mythology of both believe system what can Yahweh do that zues cannot do?
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by Wilgrea7(m): 12:58pm On Nov 25, 2016
That moment when you're trying to tag everyone with the same problem as yours
grin
kwantinue
pls check the meaning of atheism and get back to me

1 Like

Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by peacesamuel94(m): 1:00pm On Nov 25, 2016
Deicide:

In the mythology of both believe system what can Yahweh do that zues cannot do?

Alot of Things, but thats not what the thread is about.
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by akintom(m): 1:02pm On Nov 25, 2016
Wilgrea7:
That moment when you're trying to tag everyone with the same problem as yours

grin

kwantinue

pls check the meaning of atheism and get back to me

Satirical dialogue...... grin
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by Deicide: 1:09pm On Nov 25, 2016
peacesamuel94:

Alot of Things, but thats not what the thread is about.
Like? Can u please mention them? And don't chicken out using that tactic up there
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by peacesamuel94(m): 1:34pm On Nov 25, 2016
Deicide:

Like? Can u please mention them? And don't chicken out using that tactic up there

Nobody Is chickening out, i just didn't want to derail the thread.

Apart From what i've read About Yaweh, I've also witnessed contemporary situations that has served as proof of his Power.
meanwhile.
I Have never seen the sick being healed in the name of zeus.
Neither have i seen the blind receive sight in his name.
nor the cripple recieving ability To walk by his ministration.

What i know of yahweh is. more than a mythology, but i cant say same for zeus, however, this does not mean other gods dont exist, but it does not necessarily have to include zeus.
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by Deicide: 1:46pm On Nov 25, 2016
peacesamuel94:

ok

Apart From what i've read About Yaweh, I've also witnessed contemporary situations that has served as proof of his Power.

Do u mean like growing an amputated limb? If so i wanna see proofs

meanwhile.

What if i tell u that no blind has been healed nor cripple walking just because someone prayed in the name of Yahweh and that it's all fraud?

What i know of yahweh is. more than a mythology, but i cant say same for zeus, however, this does not mean other gods dont exist, but it does not necessarily have to include zeus.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_mythology
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by peacesamuel94(m): 2:05pm On Nov 25, 2016
Deicide:
What if i tell u that no blind has been healed nor cripple walking just because someone prayed in the name of Yahweh and that it's all fraud?

Wow,

So what personal Research did you carry out?

did you carry out the Research on at least everyone in your town that has ever experienced a miracle , and discovered that the results of all this researches made were all the same, which made you come to that conclusion?

Only when you've done these Things can you make such a bold and confident assertion as the one you've made above.
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by Emusan(m): 4:11pm On Nov 25, 2016
Mr the most rational one.

I use to wonder how Atheists who tend to be the most rational ones do always come with irrational post undecided undecided undecided

akintom:

Not that you don't know the truth but because you have decided to be an advocate for the Devil, you can resort to any lie just to continue to propagate your campaign for him.

No Christian will ever deny the existence of Allah nor any Muslims deny the existence of Jesus but a Christian would rather say, Allah is a lesser god/agent of Devil not the Almighty or a Muslim would say Jesus is not God Almighty but just ordinary human.

But it's so sad seeing Atheists who always claimed to be the most rational people on earth using the line of their believe "The denier of the existence of God 'There is no GOD' nor spirit beings" contrasting with a religious people who believed the EXISTENCE of both Almighty God and the lesser gods.

In a nut shell, is it not height of foolishness to think everybody is an Atheist when the religious ones never deny the EXISTENCE of other religious gods whereas Atheism simply means disbelieve in an EXISTENCE of a God or gods.
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by akintom(m): 4:47pm On Nov 25, 2016
Emusan:
Mr the most rational one.
I use to wonder how Atheists who tend to be the most rational ones do always come with irrational post undecided undecided undecided

Irrational

If you're a straight-A student and still you worry about failing all of your classes, you're being irrational. Your fears are not based on fact and not likely to come true.

Usually you use irrational to describe ideas and thoughts that are not based on reason, although emotions and behavior can be irrational too if they don't seem reasonable.

Do you jump onto a chair and scream when you see a mouse? If so, you have an irrational fear of mice, or musophobia.

If someone takes a swing at you for failing to say excuse me when you burp, both their anger and their actions could be called irrational.

Emusan:

Not that you don't know the truth but because you have decided to be an advocate for the Devil, you can resort to any lie just to continue to propagate your campaign for him.

I know that the truth of the God idea, is to keep folks in mental coma. To bound folks with fetters of irrational fears, so they could forever be victims of exploitation.

Emusan:

No Christian will ever deny the existence of Allah nor any Muslims deny the existence of Jesus but a Christian would rather say, Allah is a lesser god/agent of Devil not the Almighty or a Muslim would say Jesus is not God Almighty but just ordinary human.

You're wrong. Exegetically speaking, as far as the matter of salvation and life after death is concerned, neither religion recognizes the existence of each other's God.

If xtian says Allah is a lesser god, it does means that Muslims don't have bigger God. Making xtians therefore, LACKING believe (atheism) in God that is Allah.

Emusan:

But it's so sad seeing Atheists who always claimed to be the most rational people on earth using the line of their believe "The denier of the existence of God 'There is no GOD' nor spirit beings" contrasting with a religious people who believed the EXISTENCE of both Almighty God and the lesser gods.

The dialogue is about the intricate and inherent idiocy, that religious beliefs are.

Emusan:

In a nut shell, is it not height of foolishness to think everybody is an Atheist when the religious ones never deny the EXISTENCE of other religious gods whereas Atheism simply means disbelieve in an EXISTENCE of a God or gods.
You don't get it. As far as the fundamental basis of both religions are concerned, neither of the Gods exist. Particularly when you understand the exegesis of the fictional books that guides both of them.
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by peacesamuel94(m): 5:12pm On Nov 25, 2016
[quote author=akintom post=51364441]

If xtian says Allah is a lesser god, it does means that Muslims don't have bigger God. Making xtians therefore, LACKING believe (atheism) in God that is Allah.

It seems you are twisting the meaning of atheism to favour Your argument.

Arguments between, Christians and Atheists revolves around the existence of God.
Arguments between Christians and other religious Bodies revolves around the supremacy of The Christian God over other gods.

Let me spell it out: I DONT BELIEVE YOUR GOD EXISTS and I BELIEVE YOUR god EXIST BUT, IS NOT THE SUPREME GOD.
Are two different things entirely.

1 Like

Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by Emusan(m): 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2016
akintom:
Irrational

If you're a straight-A student and still you worry about failing all of your classes, you're being irrational. Your fears are not based on fact and not likely to come true.

Usually you use irrational to describe ideas and thoughts that are not based on reason, although emotions and behavior can be irrational too if they don't seem reasonable.

Do you jump onto a chair and scream when you see a mouse? If so, you have an irrational fear of mice, or musophobia.

If someone takes a swing at you for failing to say excuse me when you burp, both their anger and their actions could be called irrational.

Out of context statement. No time for this!

I know that the truth of the God idea, is to keep folks in [size=14pt]mental coma.[/size] To bound folks with fetters of irrational fears, so they could forever be victims of exploitation.

Lol...@bold-that's why I fist called you Mr. Rational because it's only Atheist who possesses the most rationality on earth when in reality they lack it.
Where did you obtain this your truth bikko

You're wrong. Exegetically speaking, as far as the matter of salvation and life after death is concerned, neither religion recognizes the existence of each other's God.

Olodo...go and learn more about religious people.
Have you heard where a Christian will say it was Devil who manifested as Angel of Light (Gabriel) to Muhammad Or a Muslim say it was the Devil who is deceiving Christians that Jesus is the Son of God

Please find one place to sit...claiming to be free from mental coma but actually the one who is stuck in the everlasting mental coma.

If xtian Christain says Allah is a lesser god, it does means that Muslims don't have bigger God. Making xtians Christian therefore, LACKING believe (atheism) in God that is Allah.

Your odoism is raised to gazillion cheesy cheesy cheesy
One more time for your enlighten, Christian don't deny the EXISTENCE of ALLAH rather they believe that ALLAH is one of the AGENT OF DARKNESS likewise Muslim don't deny the EXISTENCE of Christian God rather they believe that Christians have been polluted by the Devil.

The major thing here is EXISTENCE which Atheist never subscribed to.

The dialogue is about the intricate and inherent idiocy, that religious beliefs are.

No the dialogue is an irrational reasoning of an Atheist who think everybody is an Atheist when being an Atheist simply means disbelieve in an EXISTENCE of a God or gods whereas no religious person ever denied existence of any God or gods.

Besides, if everybody is an Atheist why do you so much enjoy creating different threads of preaching your Atheism to the so called these religious Atheists

You don't get it. As far as the fundamental basis of both religions are concerned, neither of the Gods exist. Particularly when you understand the exegesis of the fictional books that guides both of them.

No! called it your fundamental basis of Atheism not religions.
You still sound as a frustrated being, address me logically not out of frustration, OK!

What does it mean to EXIST? Let me start with you there.

1 Like

Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by Emusan(m): 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2016
peacesamuel94:
It seems you are twisting the meaning of atheism to favour Your argument.

Arguments between, Christians and Atheists revolves around the existence of God.
Arguments between Christians and other religious Bodies revolves around the supremacy of The Christian God over other gods.

Let me spell it out: I DONT BELIEVE YOUR GOD EXISTS and I BELIEVE YOUR god EXIST BUT, IS NOT THE SUPREME GOD.
Are two different things entirely.

That's their life yet they will be thinking they're the most rational human on earth.

@bold-it's the same to Mr Rational grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by Deicide: 5:54pm On Nov 25, 2016
peacesamuel94:

Wow,

did you carry out the Research on at least everyone in your town that has ever experienced a miracle , and discovered that the results of all this researches made were all the same, which made you come to that conclusion?

Only when you've done these Things can you make such a bold and confident assertion as the one you've made above.
The once you have made prove them to me!
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by peacesamuel94(m): 7:27pm On Nov 25, 2016
Deicide:

The once you have made prove them to me!

You made the assertion that miracles dont exist with a kind of confidence that suggests that you have an overwhelming evidence to prove why they Dont. so the burden of proof, lies on you not me.
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by akintom(m): 7:32pm On Nov 25, 2016
[quote author=peacesamuel94 post=51365045][/quote]

The God of Christian has a son
The God (Allah) of Muslims doesn't have a son
Are the two Gods the same?
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by peacesamuel94(m): 7:34pm On Nov 25, 2016
akintom:

The God of Christian has a son
The God (Allah) of Muslims doesn't have a son
Are the two Gods the same?

I never said they were the same.
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by philfearon(m): 7:54pm On Nov 25, 2016
peacesamuel94:

meanwhile.

Read the bolded in your post, then reread the OP..
You just re-echoed the op, yet you don't even realize it.. The summary of it being that it's usually easy to wave off other Deities as mythology, yet you still don't understand why other people wave off your own Deity as a myth!
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by philfearon(m): 7:58pm On Nov 25, 2016
peacesamuel94:

Wow,

Do you still see how ironical your post is?
You will like others to bring proof, but when it comes for you to show your own, you deviate or spring up unimaginable tales that are not verifiable!
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by peacesamuel94(m): 8:18pm On Nov 25, 2016
philfearon:

Do you still see how ironical your post is?
You will like others to bring proof, but when it comes for you to show your own, you deviate or spring up unimaginable tales that are not verifiable!

Its not Ironical in anyway, if You've been on the Religion Section for Long, I'm sure you must have come across a handful of threads created By theists to prove the existence of miracles, an example, is The case of an insane woman that miraculously recieved sanity, during Pst kumuyi 's crusade, even her details were provided so that that those that wanted to carry out their personal Research could do that, but yet atheists debunked It without making investigations.

If every proof provided is regarded by atheists as mere fabrication, then it means their disbelief is because they have better evidences to disprove the inexistence of miracles, which i asked him to Provide.
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by UyiIredi(m): 8:20pm On Nov 25, 2016
akintom:

THE DIALOGUE

The poor reasoning shown here shows clearly how you came to hold the illogical position atheism is.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Olowogbogboro DP / Was Christ Jesus Rich As Stated By Dr. Fireman / Snoop Dog Joins Nations Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.