Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,252 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! (2668 Views)

Ever Heard Of Atheistic Evolution? / What Are The Problems Of An Atheistic Position? / Utilisation Of Coincidence By Religious Folks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by peacesamuel94(m): 8:27pm On Nov 25, 2016
philfearon:

Read the bolded in your post, then reread the OP..
You just re-echoed the op, yet you don't even realize it.. The summary of it being that it's usually easy to wave off other Deities as mythology, yet you still don't understand why other people wave off your own Deity as a myth!

I didn't stop there i also added that the fact that zeus is inexistent dosen't make other gods like Allah, amadioha, ogun, Sango, etc inexistent also.
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by philfearon(m): 9:40pm On Nov 25, 2016
peacesamuel94:

I didn't stop there i also added that the fact that zeus is inexistent dosen't make other gods like Allah, amadioha, ogun, Sango, etc inexistent also.
It is not in believing that they are non-existent, it is in believing that the are not the Almighty .. Remember that all of them are tribal Deities just like Yahweh?
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by philfearon(m): 9:50pm On Nov 25, 2016
peacesamuel94:

Its not Ironical in anyway, if You've been on the Religion Section for Long, I'm sure you must have come across a handful of threads created By theists to prove the existence of miracles, an example, is The case of an insane woman that miraculously recieved sanity, during Pst kumuyi 's crusade, even her details were provided so that that those that wanted to carry out their personal Research could do that, but yet atheists debunked It without making investigations.

If every proof provided is regarded by atheists as mere fabrication, then it means their disbelief is because they have better evidences to disprove the inexistence of miracles, which i asked him to Provide.

Are the miracles you speak of really genuine or fabricated? @bolded
For instance, do you believe in the blowing of Breeze Pastor Chris does and people will start falling?
Do you believe in the childish acts done by T.B Joshua all in the name of rebuking and casting some supposed evil spirits?
Do you?
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by peacesamuel94(m): 10:03pm On Nov 25, 2016
philfearon:

It is not in believing that they are non-existent, it is in believing that the are not the Almighty .. Remember that all of them are tribal Deities just like Yahweh?

If i believe In the existence of a god but do not regard the god as the almighty, does that make me an atheists?

i thought atheism was the lack of belief in the existence of God or gods...... I'm not understanding.
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by philfearon(m): 10:28pm On Nov 25, 2016
peacesamuel94:

If i believe In the existence of a god but do not regard the god as the almighty, does that make me an atheists?

i thought atheism was the lack of belief in the existence of God or gods...... I'm not understanding.

I will leave your question for the op to answer.
However, my own question is : if you believe in the existence of other Deities, but don't believe they are Supreme, whereas the worshippers of those Deities believe they are Supreme, what then is actually your position?
Because if you believe in those Deities, then invariably, you should believe they are supreme, but then you don't believe so. So what does that make you?
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by akintom(m): 10:40pm On Nov 25, 2016
peacesamuel94:

This is deeper than the peripheral level of your orientation, about the logic of this thing called beliefs system.

Muslims say Allah is Supreme God, you claim lack of believe (atheism) of that Supreme Allah God.

That's how you become a strange variant of atheism.
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by Niflheim(m): 11:30pm On Nov 25, 2016
@Akintom,

The christian is shocked by an Atheists unbelief, until the day you ask him to stop eating meat, because it is blasphemy to the Hindu gods!!!

It is that day that you will know that the average christian is the king of hypocrisy!!!
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by honourhim: 11:38pm On Nov 25, 2016
Emusan:

That's their life yet they will be thinking they're the most rational human on earth.

@bold-it's the same to Mr Rational grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

That guy is a pathetic case.See how useless atheism is.
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by peacesamuel94(m): 5:12am On Nov 26, 2016
akintom:

This is deeper than the peripheral level of your orientation, about the logic of this thing called beliefs system.

Muslims say Allah is Supreme God, you claim lack of believe (atheism) of that Supreme Allah God.

That's how you become a strange variant of atheism.

There is nothing deep about this, you are just making it appear deeper than it really is, even to the extent of twisting the meaning of atheism to justify your stance.

The topic talked about how christians are actually atheists to the muslim belief system and in Allah, as Well as other religious bodies, then i pointed out, that christians Believe in the existence of other gods but do not regard them as supreme. Anything that has to do with belief in God or gods whether you regard their supremacy or not, has no Business with atheism.
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by peacesamuel94(m): 5:29am On Nov 26, 2016
philfearon:

I will leave your question for the op to answer.
However, my own question is : if you believe in the existence of other Deities, but don't believe they are Supreme, whereas the worshippers of those Deities believe they are Supreme, what then is actually your position?
Because if you believe in those Deities, then invariably, you should believe they are supreme, but then you don't believe so. So what does that make you?

Believing in their existence in the first place, has already ruled out the chance of being atheistic. Atheism is not disbelief in the supremacy of a God or gods, rather it is the disbelief in their existence.
Any thing that makes you aknowledge the existence of a deity at all, has no connection whatsoever with atheism. If you as an atheist should acknowledge the existence of Jehovah but do not regard him to be the supreme God, do you think you can still be called an atheist ?

And as regards your question, if you are so desperate to label my stance, then maybe you should look for another Word to use, but atheism is certainly not it.
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by raphieMontella: 5:57am On Nov 26, 2016
[quote author=peacesamuel94 post=51365045][/quote]
then my friend...your religion is a polytheistic religion...not a monotheist religion.
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by raphieMontella: 5:58am On Nov 26, 2016
Emusan:
Mr the most rational one.

I use to wonder how Atheists who tend to be the most rational ones do always come with irrational post undecided undecided undecided

Not that you don't know the truth but because you have decided to be an advocate for the Devil, you can resort to any lie just to continue to propagate your campaign for him.

No Christian will ever deny the existence of Allah nor any Muslims deny the existence of Jesus but a Christian would rather say, Allah is a lesser god/agent of Devil not the Almighty or a Muslim would say Jesus is not God Almighty but just ordinary human.

But it's so sad seeing Atheists who always claimed to be the most rational people on earth using the line of their believe "The denier of the existence of God 'There is no GOD' nor spirit beings" contrasting with a religious people who believed the EXISTENCE of both Almighty God and the lesser gods.

In a nut shell, is it not height of foolishness to think everybody is an Atheist when the religious ones never deny the EXISTENCE of other religious gods whereas Atheism simply means disbelieve in an EXISTENCE of a God or gods.
if you believe in the existence of gods other than you god...your religion is a polytheistic religion...and not monotheism as you claim.
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by frank317: 6:07am On Nov 26, 2016
peacesamuel94:

Believing in their existence in the first place, has already ruled out the chance of being atheistic. Atheism is not disbelief in the supremacy of a God or gods, rather it is the disbelief in their existence.
Any thing that makes you aknowledge the existence of a deity at all, has no connection whatsoever with atheism. If you as an atheist should acknowledge the existence of Jehovah but do not regard him to be the supreme God, do you think you can still be called an atheist ?

And as regards your question, if you are so desperate to label my stance, then maybe you should look for another Word to use, but atheism is certainly not it.

I think if I have to label u here, u are even worst than an atheist, I need time to coin a word for that.

U think a Muslim's Allah exist but u insult it by calling it a lesser God? What's the difference or which is worst... Yahweh exists but is a lesser God or Yaweh does not exist? Pick one and shame urself

U can pat ur self in the back and pride ur self for at least accepting that Allah exist yet thinking it's okay to insult it by calling it a lesser God. This is someone's supreme being.
Now I understand why Muslims think u are an infidel and deserves death.

How will u feel if I say this.... Yahweh exists but he is a fool? Have i come out of the shackles of atheism by maintaining the above position? Pls say yes becasue I even think calling Yahweh a lesser God and devil agent is more fun than saying he does not exist
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by peacesamuel94(m): 6:08am On Nov 26, 2016
raphieMontella:

then my friend...your religion is a polytheistic religion...not a monotheist religion.

Monotheism is the belief in one and only TRUE God. Christians believe in the existence if one True God, but this does not mean they do not believe other gods exist, but do not regard them as the One True God, and hence do not worship them.
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by peacesamuel94(m): 6:19am On Nov 26, 2016
frank317:

I think if I have to label u here, u are even worst than an atheist, I need time to coin a word for that.

U think a Muslim's Allah exist but u insult it by calling it a lesser God? What's the difference or which is worst... Yahweh exists but is a lesser God or Yaweh does not exist? Pick one and shame urself

U can pat ur self in the back and pride ur self for at least accepting that Allah exist yet thinking it's okay to insult it by calling it a lesser God. This is someone's supreme being.
Now I understand why Muslims think u are an infidel and deserves death.

How will u feel if I say this.... Yahweh exists but he is a fool? Have i come out of the shackles of atheism by maintaining the above position? Pls say yes becasue I even think calling Yahweh a lesser God and devil agent is more fun than saying he does not exist

I dont know what your anger is all about, The fact is, Christians believe Allah exists but do not regard Him to be supreme. And i'm not the reason why that is so....

And Muslims believe Allah is the one true God, and consider others as lesser(that is if they even believe they exist).

was just pointing out fact, so your rants are unnecessary.
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by raphieMontella: 6:19am On Nov 26, 2016
peacesamuel94:

Nobody Is chickening out, i just didn't want to derail the thread.

Apart From what i've read About Yaweh, I've also witnessed contemporary situations that has served as proof of his Power.
meanwhile.
I Have never seen the sick being healed in the name of zeus.
Neither have i seen the blind receive sight in his name.
nor the cripple recieving ability To walk by his ministration.

What i know of yahweh is. more than a mythology, but i cant say same for zeus, however, this does not mean other gods dont exist, but it does not necessarily have to include zeus.
people of the past saw zeus's purported power
www.cityfullofgods.weebly.com/the-healing-cult-of-asklepios.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollonius_of_Tyana
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by raphieMontella: 6:26am On Nov 26, 2016
peacesamuel94:

Monotheism is the belief in one and only TRUE God. Christians believe in the existence if one True God, but this does not mean they do not believe other gods exist, but do not regard them as the One True God, and hence do not worship them.

monotheism - /ˈmɒnə(ʊ)ˌθiːɪz(ə)m/ noun 1. the doctrine or belief that there is only one God.

a christian apologetic site---
https://gotquestions.org/polytheism.html

compare with your present belief and see...
So you're either practising
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monolatrism
Or polytheism..
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by Immorttal: 6:27am On Nov 26, 2016
Deicide:

In the mythology of both believe system what can Yahweh do that zues cannot do?
My brother, Zeus did more. grin
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by peacesamuel94(m): 6:48am On Nov 26, 2016
raphieMontella:

monotheism - /ˈmɒnə(ʊ)ˌθiːɪz(ə)m/ noun 1. the doctrine or belief that there is only one God.

a christian apologetic site---
https://gotquestions.org/polytheism.html

compare with your present belief and see...
So you're either practising
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monolatrism
Or polytheism..

You are confining the meaning to the dictionary définition of it alone.
Christians believe other gods exist, because they were instructed not to serve them, and you cant possibly serve something that is inexistent.
Hence they believe in One true God, and serve only Him. but this does not Stop them from aknowledging thé existence of other gods even though they do not serve them.

Whether you call it monotheism or polytheism, thé fact still remains that, the above is the sum up of christians view on God as well as other gods.
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by philfearon(m): 6:54am On Nov 26, 2016
peacesamuel94:

Really thoughtful.
Nice convo with you though!
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 26, 2016
Seun:
Yep.

Most Christians can examine Islam and quickly come to the conclusion that it's not true. It's too violent, they say. The promise of a harem of busty virgins to Bleep for all eternity was obviously hastily cooked up to persuade young men to fight for the Prophet, they say. The Prophet never performed any miracle, they say. His revelations were self-serving, they say. The Scripture is boring, repetitive, and unoriginal, they say.

Most Muslims can examine Christianity and quickly come to the same conclusion. The doctrine of the trinity is not logical, they say. Christians can't claim to worship one God if they also worship Jesus, they say. The bible is riddled with contradictions, which shows that it's been corrupted, they say. Speaking in tongues and falling under anointing make no sense, they say. "Why are there so many denominations?"

But none can see the flaws in their own religion and thus arrive at the conclusion that atheists have arrived at. They have just one blind spot.
It is called Religious Delusion...
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by peacesamuel94(m): 7:02am On Nov 26, 2016
philfearon:
Really thoughtful. Nice convo with you though!

yeah thanks bro
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 26, 2016
peacesamuel94:

Prove it.
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by frank317: 7:21am On Nov 26, 2016
peacesamuel94:

Define other gods here pls... Are u saying they believe other creators exist too?
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by frank317: 7:26am On Nov 26, 2016
peacesamuel94:

I dont know what your anger is all about, The fact is, Christians believe Allah exists but do not regard Him to be supreme. And i'm not the reason why that is so....

And Muslims believe Allah is the one true God, and consider others as lesser(that is if they even believe they exist).

was just pointing out fact, so your rants are unnecessary.

Lol...I have shown u how ridiculous ur position is... U have nothing to say to me, u CAN'T even dare respond to the points I raised, so u resort to calling me an angry person. What's that?

U call another person's supreme God a lesser God and u don't even feel worse than atheist... Clap for yourself, u accept Allah exist but he deserves to be insulted, therefore u can proudly not be called an atheist
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by peacesamuel94(m): 7:28am On Nov 26, 2016
frank317:

Lol...I have shown u how ridiculous ur position is... U have nothing to say to me, u CAN'T even dare respond to the points I raises, so I resort to calling me an angry person. What's that?

Do u call another person's God a lesser God and u don't even feel worse than atheist... Clap for yourself, u accept Allah exist but he deserves to be insulted, therefore a can proudly not be called an atheist

Ok
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by akintom(m): 7:30am On Nov 26, 2016
Niflheim:
@Akintom,

The christian is shocked by an Atheists unbelief, until the day you ask him to stop eating meat, because it is blasphemy to the Hindu gods!!!

It is that day that you will know that the average christian is the king of hypocrisy!!!

You're right. They define Hypocrisy in the finest way.

The thoughts of atheists has kept them in check now. As far as sharing their tales by moonlight is concerned on NL.

I can feel their frustration with the very thought and presence of atheists here.
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by frank317: 7:30am On Nov 26, 2016
peacesamuel94:

Ok

Pls answer me... So u believe other lesser creators (gods) exist too?

Pls can u tell me the portion of the universe Allah (a lesser God/creator) created.
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by raphieMontella: 7:38am On Nov 26, 2016
peacesamuel94:

You are confining the meaning to the dictionary définition of it alone.
Christians believe other gods exist, because they were instructed not to serve them, and you cant possibly serve something that is inexistent.
Hence they believe in One true God, and serve only Him. but this does not Stop them from aknowledging thé existence of other gods even though they do not serve them.

Whether you call it monotheism or polytheism, thé fact still remains that, the above is the sum up of christians view on God as well as other gods.
on the serving issue...i thought they were labelled ''idols''...i.e inexistent #stones,creating gold bulls etc?
If your religion accepts the existence of other gods..it is a monolastric one...because muslims do not believe yahweh exists,nor zeus,etc..you grab?
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by akintom(m): 7:38am On Nov 26, 2016
It's like the button twist, when religious folks talk....

Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by peacesamuel94(m): 7:45am On Nov 26, 2016
frank317:

Lol...I have shown u how ridiculous ur position is... U have nothing to say to me, u CAN'T even dare respond to the points I raised, so u resort to calling me an angry person. What's that?

U call another person's supreme God a lesser God and u don't even feel worse than atheist... Clap for yourself, u accept Allah exist but he deserves to be insulted therefore u can proudly not be called an atheist

Of course, with your Amazing intelligence, how can i even start or "dare" to respond to the awesome points you raised, i guess i should just back out. LOL.

what makes you think you raised any point that was worthWhile.?

what makes you think that The Christians view on Allah, and muslims view On Yahweh is any different ?
Re: Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too! by Emusan(m): 7:46am On Nov 26, 2016
raphieMontella:

if you believe in the existence of gods other than you god...your religion is a polytheistic religion...and not monotheism as you claim.

Another OLODO on the run!

So as I believe that the Devil exist now, it has made me a Devil worshipper embarassed embarassed

Hunnnn, what is the heck wrong with you people's thinking faculty

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did Jesus Commit Suicide? / The Truth About Tithing - Pastor Murphy Akpovi / Human Life Circle In Pictures: Which Stage Are You Currently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.