Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) (7375 Views)

The Edict Of Sultan Muhammad Ibn Qalawun Regarding Ibn Taymiyyah / Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? / Muhammad Ibn Ali Ibn Muhammad Al-taa'i Al-andalusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Cleverman2020: 10:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
Its a pity that people don't know how to preach these days...u started well and ended badly. Why did u mention people's name (sufi & shiites)? Pls any issue that deals with religion should be looked into by the nairaland admin to avoid problem. If the Sufis will enter hell fire, go and enter ur paradise and dnt take them along. Simple. U lack deep Islamic knowledge.

1 Like

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 16, 2016
Cleverman2020:
Its a pity that people don't know how to preach these days...u started well and ended badly. Why did u mention people's name (sufi & shiites)? Pls any issue that deals with religion should be looked into by the nairaland admin to avoid problem. If the Sufis will enter hell fire, go and enter ur paradise and dnt take them along. Simple. U lack deep Islamic knowledge.

"deviant sufis" suggests?

ever heard of "deviants amongst the muslims"?

its a pity most of you fail to comprehend.

4 Likes

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Sufisunni: 4:09am On Dec 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:

"deviant sufis" suggests?

ever heard of "deviants amongst the muslims"?

its a pity most of you fail to comprehend.
U r so obssesed with Sufis and Shias.! Stop playing with people's IQs here pls. U r very good at connical coining words to deceive fleece ones here. Jst imagine 'deviant sufis' what about "deviant wahhabis?" or is it coz u r a wahhabi apologist that u dont see anything wrong with wahhabism?

1 Like

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Sufisunni: 4:11am On Dec 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:

I'm certain imam Albaani replied to the hadeeth in question, in his book that talked about the legislated tawassul when I'm less busy, i will post it, insha Allaah.
Plsease respond to this! We r eagerly waiting for U.

1 Like

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Sufisunni: 4:33am On Dec 17, 2016
blantyre:
Is not that there is nothing good to be derived from the Sheikh's words, after all what is quoted are verses from the Holy Quran but his explanations are laced with bias ofcourse. This man's name has come to be synonymous with wahabism and its numerous negative effects on the Umma. Acts of terrorism carried out in the name of Islam are attributed to the teachings of this man, hence the name wahabism, that violent strand of Islam financed by Saudi monarchs and followed by the ignorant ones to fight for the survival of the house of Sa'ud using religion and at the expense of the religion
Wahhabis r d greatest threat to peaceful islam today!

1 Like

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Sufisunni: 5:37am On Dec 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:
Salaam alaykum brothers and sisters, although this topic brings alot of controversies, it's still a must to know for those that really wants to worship Allaah.

So the topic is, "nullifiers of Islam" yani we want discuss the things that nullifies our Islam, things that takes you outta Islam.

Insha Allaah we are going to depend on the writing of shaykhul Islam Muhammad ibn AbdulWahhab ibn salaymaan At-Tamimi – may Allaah be pleased with him

Note: My comments will be emboldened

The shaykh said;

(you have to) know that the nullifiers of Islam are Ten.

#Firstly: Shirk(associating partners) while worshipping Allaah the most high, Allaah the most high says;

"Verily, Allaah does not forgive that partners be associated with Him in worship (i.e. Shirk), but He forgives what is less than that to whom He wills.”

Now here we see that Allaah forgives all sins except shirk, the forgiveness being discussed here is that of the hereafter after you are dead, but if you seek forgiveness and worship Allaah alone before dying, then you will be forgiven, which is why tawheed is very important, once your deeds are checked and a single shirk cant be found therein, WAllaahi if Allaah wills(because Allaah says "li man yashaa''), he will forgive All your sins even if it fills the whole of this universe, so we have to study tawheed properly

And He says:

"Verily, the one who mixes partners in worship with Allaah (Shirk), then Paradise has been made forbidden for him and his final abode will be the Hellfire. And the wrongdoers will not have any helpers (in Hell).”

Then the shaykh continues and says;

"Part of that which falls into this(shirk) is performing sacrifices to someone other than Allaah, such as the person who offers a sacrifice to the Jinn or to(the dead in) a grave.

#secondly: Whoever sets intermediaries between himself and Allaah, calling on them, asking for intersession from them and putting their trust on them is a kaafir(disbeliever) by ijma'(consensus of the scholars)."

The deviant sufis and shi'as are guilty of this, some sufis call on their "mawlana" or "saints" to intercede for them to Allaah, this is an act of kufr, Allaah says "Call upon me and I will respond to you", so you don't need intermediaries, this is one of the ways the christians have erred, calling upon Jesus so he can ask "the father" a favor for them, the Shi'as on the other hand call on Ali, Hussayn all in the name of "tawassul"(seeking to near Allaah through some ways), but they are doing it in the wrong way

The shaykh continues;

#thirdly: If you don't take mushrikoon(people that associate partners with Allaah) as kuffar(plural of kaafir) or you have (a single) doubt about their disbelieve or you (even) believe that their way is correct, he has disbelieved.

A perfect example is some Muslims saying "we all worship the same God, both Muslims and Christians" la! Abadan! We don't worship the same God even though we all have the same Lord

Cc: Sissie

Sunni perspective
Views of Islamic Jurists
All jurists comprising Imami, Shafi'i ,
Maliki, Hanafi and Hanbali are unanimous on the permissibility of tawassul whether during the lifetime of the prophet or after his demise.[13]
[14] Sunni Muslims traditionally have believed that seeking intercession is lawful: Imam Baihaqi in Shu’ayb ul Iman endorsed the view of Imam Ahmed bin Hanbal, Imam Shafi in Imâm Shâfi`î, Dîwân, Ibn Hajar ‘Asqalani in Al-Isabah, Mullah Ali Qari in Sharh ash-Shifa, Imam Ibn Kathir in Ibn Kathir, Imam an-Nawawi in Majmu, Imam Jalaluddin Suyuti in Dur al-Manthur, Imam Qurtubi in Tafsir al-Qurtubi, Qadhi Shawkani in Tuhfa tul Dhakireen have explained and supported Tawassul.
[4] [unreliable source? ] Syrian Islamic scholars Salih al-Nu`man, Abu Sulayman Suhayl al-Zabibi, and Mustafa ibn Ahmad al-Hasan al-Shatti al-Hanbali al-Athari al-Dimashqi have similarly released Fatwas in support of the practice. [15]
Al-Suyuti in his book History of the Caliphs also reports Caliph Umar’s prayer for rain after the death of the Prophet and specifies that on that occasion ‘Umar was wearing the Prophet Muhammad’s mantel (al-burda), a detail confirming his tawassul through the Prophet at that occasion.[7]
Sunni ahadith
Few chosen Sunni ahadith in regard to tawassul:

Narrated Anas: Whenever there was drought, 'Umar bin Al-Khattab used to ask Allah for rain through Al'Abbas bin 'Abdul Muttalib, saying, "O Allah! We used to request our Prophet to ask You for rain, and You would give us. Now we request the uncle of our Prophet to ask You for rain, so give us rain." And they would be given rain." [16][17]

Ibn Umar reported: When the Messenger of Allah (may peace he upon him) went out on the 'Id day, he ordered to carry a spear-and it was fixed in front of him, and he said prayer towards its (direction), and the people were behind him. And he did it in the journey, and that is the reason why the Amirs carried it. [18]

It's related from Abu Sadiq (ra) that Imam Ali (ra) said: "Three days after burying the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) The Araabi did come and did throw himself on the grave of the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him), he took the earth and threw it on his head. He said: "Ya Rasulallah! (Peace Be Upon Him) You did speak and we did hear, you learned from Allah and we did learn from you. Between those things which Allah did send you, is following: (4:64) I am the one, which is a sinner and now I did came to you, so that you may ask for me." After that a call from the grave did came: "Theres no doubt, you are forgiven!" [19][20]

Imam Qurtubi related the tradition through Ibn ‘Abbas: The Jews of Khaybar were often at war with the Ghatafan (tribe). When they confronted each other (in battle) the Jews were defeated. They attacked again, offering this prayer, “(O Lord,) we beg You through the mediation of the Unlettered Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) about whom You have promised us that you will send him to us at the end of time. Please help us against them.” Ibn ‘Abbas adds: whenever they faced the enemy, they offered this prayer and defeated the Ghatafan (tribe). But when the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) was sent, they denied (him). So Allah the Exalted revealed the verse: “And before that they themselves had (prayed) for victory (through the mediation of the last Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) and the Book revealed to him) over the disbelievers,” that is, through your mediation, O Muhammad. [21][22]

It was narrated from 'Uthman bin Hunaif that a blind man came to the Prophet (Peace be upon him) and said: "Pray to Allah to heal me." He said: "If you wish to store your reward for the Hereafter, that is better, or if you wish, I will supplicate for you." He said: "Supplicate." So he told him to perform ablution and do it well, to pray two Rak'ah, and to say this supplication: "Allahumma lnni as'aluka wa atawajjahu ilaika bimuhammadin nabiyyir-rahma. Ya Muhammadu inni qad tawajjahtu bika ila rabbi fi hajati hadhihi lituqda. Allahumma fashaffi’hu fiya (O Allah, I ask of You and I turn my face towards You by virtue of the intercession of Muhammad the Prophet of mercy. O Muhammad, I have turned to my Lord by virtue of your intercession concerning this need of mine so that it may be met. O Allah, accept his intercession concerning me)". [23][24][25]

Shia perspective
Seeking Intercession (tawassul) is accepted and even advised in Shi'a Islam . Shia Scholars refer to Quranic verses such as 5:3 , 12:97 and 12:98 and justify its permissibility. During the tawassul prayer Shia Muslims call on the names of Muhammad and the Ahl al-Bayt and use them as their intercessors/intermediaries to God.
[26] Shias always pray to and only to Allah, but as other Muslims, they accept tawassul as a means of seeking intercession.
To be continued
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Sufisunni: 5:39am On Dec 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:
Salaam alaykum brothers and sisters, although this topic brings alot of controversies, it's still a must to know for those that really wants to worship Allaah.

So the topic is, "nullifiers of Islam" yani we want discuss the things that nullifies our Islam, things that takes you outta Islam.

Insha Allaah we are going to depend on the writing of shaykhul Islam Muhammad ibn AbdulWahhab ibn salaymaan At-Tamimi – may Allaah be pleased with him

Note: My comments will be emboldened

The shaykh said;

(you have to) know that the nullifiers of Islam are Ten.

#Firstly: Shirk(associating partners) while worshipping Allaah the most high, Allaah the most high says;

"Verily, Allaah does not forgive that partners be associated with Him in worship (i.e. Shirk), but He forgives what is less than that to whom He wills.”

Now here we see that Allaah forgives all sins except shirk, the forgiveness being discussed here is that of the hereafter after you are dead, but if you seek forgiveness and worship Allaah alone before dying, then you will be forgiven, which is why tawheed is very important, once your deeds are checked and a single shirk cant be found therein, WAllaahi if Allaah wills(because Allaah says "li man yashaa''), he will forgive All your sins even if it fills the whole of this universe, so we have to study tawheed properly

And He says:

"Verily, the one who mixes partners in worship with Allaah (Shirk), then Paradise has been made forbidden for him and his final abode will be the Hellfire. And the wrongdoers will not have any helpers (in Hell).”

Then the shaykh continues and says;

"Part of that which falls into this(shirk) is performing sacrifices to someone other than Allaah, such as the person who offers a sacrifice to the Jinn or to(the dead in) a grave.

#secondly: Whoever sets intermediaries between himself and Allaah, calling on them, asking for intersession from them and putting their trust on them is a kaafir(disbeliever) by ijma'(consensus of the scholars)."

The deviant sufis and shi'as are guilty of this, some sufis call on their "mawlana" or "saints" to intercede for them to Allaah, this is an act of kufr, Allaah says "Call upon me and I will respond to you", so you don't need intermediaries, this is one of the ways the christians have erred, calling upon Jesus so he can ask "the father" a favor for them, the Shi'as on the other hand call on Ali, Hussayn all in the name of "tawassul"(seeking to near Allaah through some ways), but they are doing it in the wrong way

The shaykh continues;

#thirdly: If you don't take mushrikoon(people that associate partners with Allaah) as kuffar(plural of kaafir) or you have (a single) doubt about their disbelieve or you (even) believe that their way is correct, he has disbelieved.

A perfect example is some Muslims saying "we all worship the same God, both Muslims and Christians" la! Abadan! We don't worship the same God even though we all have the same Lord

Cc: Sissie

To be continued
Sunni perspective
Views of Islamic Jurists
Maliki, Hanafi and Hanbali are unanimous on the permissibility of tawassul whether during the lifetime of the prophet or after his demise.[13]
[14] Sunni Muslims traditionally have believed that seeking intercession is lawful: Imam Baihaqi in Shu’ayb ul Iman endorsed the view of Imam Ahmed bin Hanbal, Imam Shafi in Imâm Shâfi`î, Dîwân, Ibn Hajar ‘Asqalani in Al-Isabah, Mullah Ali Qari in Sharh ash-Shifa, Imam Ibn Kathir in Ibn Kathir, Imam an-Nawawi in Majmu, Imam Jalaluddin Suyuti in Dur al-Manthur, Imam Qurtubi in Tafsir al-Qurtubi, Qadhi Shawkani in Tuhfa tul Dhakireen have explained and supported Tawassul.
[4] [unreliable source? ] Syrian Islamic scholars Salih al-Nu`man, Abu Sulayman Suhayl al-Zabibi, and Mustafa ibn Ahmad al-Hasan al-Shatti al-Hanbali al-Athari al-Dimashqi have similarly released Fatwas in support of the practice. [15]
Al-Suyuti in his book History of the Caliphs also reports Caliph Umar’s prayer for rain after the death of the Prophet and specifies that on that occasion ‘Umar was wearing the Prophet Muhammad’s mantel (al-burda), a detail confirming his tawassul through the Prophet at that occasion.[7]
Sunni ahadith

Narrated Anas: Whenever there was drought, 'Umar bin Al-Khattab used to ask Allah for rain through Al'Abbas bin 'Abdul Muttalib, saying, "O Allah! We used to request our Prophet to ask You for rain, and You would give us. Now we request the uncle of our Prophet to ask You for rain, so give us rain." And they would be given rain." [16][17]

Ibn Umar reported: When the Messenger of Allah (may peace he upon him) went out on the 'Id day, he ordered to carry a spear-and it was fixed in front of him, and he said prayer towards its (direction), and the people were behind him. And he did it in the journey, and that is the reason why the Amirs carried it. [18]

It's related from Abu Sadiq (ra) that Imam Ali (ra) said: "Three days after burying the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) The Araabi did come and did throw himself on the grave of the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him), he took the earth and threw it on his head. He said: "Ya Rasulallah! (Peace Be Upon Him) You did speak and we did hear, you learned from Allah and we did learn from you. Between those things which Allah did send you, is following: (4:64) I am the one, which is a sinner and now I did came to you, so that you may ask for me." After that a call from the grave did came: "Theres no doubt, you are forgiven!" [19][20]

Imam Qurtubi related the tradition through Ibn ‘Abbas: The Jews of Khaybar were often at war with the Ghatafan (tribe). When they confronted each other (in battle) the Jews were defeated. They attacked again, offering this prayer, “(O Lord,) we beg You through the mediation of the Unlettered Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) about whom You have promised us that you will send him to us at the end of time. Please help us against them.” Ibn ‘Abbas adds: whenever they faced the enemy, they offered this prayer and defeated the Ghatafan (tribe). But when the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) was sent, they denied (him). So Allah the Exalted revealed the verse: “And before that they themselves had (prayed) for victory (through the mediation of the last Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) and the Book revealed to him) over the disbelievers,” that is, through your mediation, O Muhammad. [21][22]

It was narrated from 'Uthman bin Hunaif that a blind man came to the Prophet (Peace be upon him) and said: "Pray to Allah to heal me." He said: "If you wish to store your reward for the Hereafter, that is better, or if you wish, I will supplicate for you." He said: "Supplicate." So he told him to perform ablution and do it well, to pray two Rak'ah, and to say this supplication: "Allahumma lnni as'aluka wa atawajjahu ilaika bimuhammadin nabiyyir-rahma. Ya Muhammadu inni qad tawajjahtu bika ila rabbi fi hajati hadhihi lituqda. Allahumma fashaffi’hu fiya (O Allah, I ask of You and I turn my face towards You by virtue of the intercession of Muhammad the Prophet of mercy. O Muhammad, I have turned to my Lord by virtue of your intercession concerning this need of mine so that it may be met. O Allah, accept his intercession concerning me)". [23][24][25]

Shia perspective
Seeking Intercession (tawassul) is accepted and even advised in Shi'a Islam . Shia Scholars refer to Quranic verses such as 5:3 , 12:97 and 12:98 and justify its permissibility. During the tawassul prayer Shia Muslims call on the names of Muhammad and the Ahl al-Bayt and use them as their intercessors/intermediaries to God.
[26] Shias always pray to and only to Allah, but as other Muslims, they accept tawassul as a means of seeking intercession. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawassul
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Empiree: 7:31am On Dec 17, 2016
@lexicon, do you agree that Waseela (i:e Tawasul) of the prophet(saw) subsists after he passed?.

Also, I hope you realized that Sheikh Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahab (ra) retracted his position on tawasul?

Matter of fact, it seems he NEVER denied using righteous saints in waseela. {note, i dislike using 'saint'. Waliy is more appropriate)

Finally, waseela or not, we all can agree it is NOT mandatory but recommended. The BEST of waseela is using nabi himself. Those who denied this in the past were taught severe lesson by Allah. Allah knows what He revealed. I am aware some people are overboard. There is a hadith where nabi(SAW) is reported to have said his life is good for us and his death is good for us.

You free to quote that
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 17, 2016
shawl:

Yes, there are intercessors my brother.

The waseela of the prophet subsists when he is in this world, in al barzakh, and in the hereafter, sallAllahu alayhi wasallam.

It comes in the Holy Qur'an:

And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds.
Surat Al-'Anbya' (21:107)

Note: 'aalameen (more than two worlds) instead of 'aalamayn (two worlds) is used in this ayat. Thus the prophet, sallAllahu alayhi wasallam, has been a mercy on to us in the world that we were before creation, in this world and in the hereafter. And since this world is still in existence, then his being a mercy from Allahu ta'ala on to us continues to subsist.

so he will respond to you today while he is no more? issoryt.

From hadith:

Translation: Imam Tabrani has narrated an incident that a person repeatedly visited Uthman bin Affan (ra) concerning something he needed but Uthman paid no attention to him. The man went to Uthman bin Hunaif haneef (ra), the same sahaba who witnessed the first event when the prophet, sallAllahu alayhi wasallam, was alive in this world and complained to him about the matter- [Note: this was after the death of the Prophet and after the caliphates of Abu Bakr and Umar ] so Uthman bin Hunaif said : “Go to the place of Wudu, then come to the Masjid, perform two Rak'ats and then say : “O Allah!, I ask you and turn to you through our
Prophet Muhammad, the Prophet of Mercy. O Muhammad! I turn through you to my lord, that He fulfil my need” and mention your need. Then come so that I can go with you [to the caliph Uthman] So the man left and did as he had been told, then went to the door of Uthman ibn Affan (Allah be pleased with him), and the doorman came, took him by the hand, brought him to Uthman ibn Affan, and seated him next to him on a cushion. 'Uthman asked, "What do you need?" and the man mentioned what he wanted, and Uthman accomplished it for him ...(till the end of hadith)

References:

Imam al-Mundhiri (rah) brought this under "SALAT AL HAJAH" and said: Imam Tabarani after narrating it said "THIS HADITH IS SAHIH" [At-Targheeb wa Tarheeb, Page No. 129 in the chapter of Salaat al Hajah]

Imam Tabrani Book : Ma'jam As Sagheer Volume : 1 Page : 306-307 Hadith number : 508
Note: Imam Tabrani, after narrating the hadith usually doesn't say anything but in this case he specifically says it is "Sahih"
Imam Tabrani Book : Ma'jam Al Kabeer Volume : 9 page : 17-19 Hadith number : 8311

Imam al-Haythami (rah) brought this under "SALAT AL HAJAH" also accepted the authentication of Imam Tabrani in his Majma az Zawaid Volume No. 2, Hadith # 3668

Imam Bayhaqi Book : Dalail An nubuwwah Volume : 6 Page : 167-168
Imam Taqi ud Din Subki brought this under the chapter: "AFTER PASSING AWAY OF PROPHET" and also quotes Imam Bayhaqi in the end, Book : Shia As Siqam Volume : 1 Page : 370-372

Ibn Taymiyyah declared it "SAHIH" in his Qa'ida al Jaleela fit Tawassul wal Waseela (Page No. 156)

I will be quoting directly from shaykh Al-albaani's At-Tawassulu: Anwa'uhu wa Ahkamuhu (Tawassul: Its Types & Its Rulings)

note: that we do not doubt the authenticity of the first version of this hadeeth you quoted, but it will also be responded to by shaykh Al-albaani, where he cleared up some misunderstandings as per the hadeeth.

regarding this particular hadeeth from shabeeb ibn sa'eed, i.e the story of the man who came to uthmaan ibn affaan, the shaykh Quoted imam tabarani to have said;

"No one reports it from Rawh ibn al-Qaasim except Shabeeb ibn Sa'eed, Aboo Sa'eed al-Makkee and he is reliable. He is also the one whom Ahmad ibn Shabeeb narrates from, narrating from his father, from Yoonus ibn Yazeed al-Aylee. This hadeeth is also reported from Shu'bah from Aboo Ja'far al-Khatamee, whose name is 'Umayr ibn Yazeed, and he is reliable. It is reported from Shu'bah only by 'Uthmaan ibn 'Umar ibn Faaris, and the hadeeth is Saheeh."

Then he(Al-albaani) continues;

There is no doubt about the authenticity of the hadeeth, but rather what needs to be checked here is this story which is reported only by Shabeeb ibn Sa'eed as pointed out by at-Tabaraanee. Indeed this narrator Shabeeb has been criticised, particularly with regard to what Ibn Wahb narrates from him. Then we find here that there are also others who narrate from him: Ismaa'eel and Ahmad, the two sons of the aforementioned Shabeeb ibn Sa'eed. As for Ismaa'eel, then I do not know him and I do not find anyone who mentions him. Indeed they neglect him to the point that they do not even mention him amongst those who narrate from his father, as opposed to his brother Ahmad since he is sadooq (generally acceptable). As for his father Shabeeb then what they say about him is, in conclusion, that he was reliable, yet having weakness in his memory, except for those narrations reported from him by his son Ahmad which he himself reports from Yoonus in particular in which case he is a proof. Adh-Dhahabee said in al-Meezaan: "Sadooq (generally acceptable) who makes errors, Ibn 'Adiyy mentions him in his Kaamil and said: "He has a written manuscript copy of hadeeth from Yoonus ibn Yazeed which is fine. Ibn Wahb reports some weak and reprehensible things from him. Ibnul-Madeenee said: He used to go to Egypt for trade and his written narrations are reliable and are written down from him by his son Ahmad." Ibn 'Adiyy said: "Shabeeb sometimes made slips and errors when he narrated from memory. I hope that he did not do this intentionally. Then when his son Ahmad narrates from him with the ahaadeeth of Yoonus, then it is as if it is a different Yoonus, meaning: he makes them good." So this speech means that the ahaadeeth of this narrator Shabeeb are all right with two conditions:

(i) That they are narrated from him by his son Ahmad, and (ii) That Shabeeb is narrating from Yoonus. The reason bei ng that he possessed the written manuscript of Yoonus ibn Yazeed, as Ibn Abee Haatim says in al-Jarh wat-Ta'deel, from his father (2/1/359), so when he narrates from his books then he narrates well, but when he narrates from his memory he makes mistakes as Ibn 'Adiyy says. Therefore the saying of al-Haafidh in his biography in at-Taqreeb: "His ahaadeeth are all right when they are narrated from him by his son Ahmad, but not when narrated from him by Ibn Wahb," is deficient, since it gives the impression that all the narrations of his son Ahmad from him are acceptable. This is however not the case. Rather this is conditional on the fact that they are ahaadeeth which he himself narrates from Yoonus, as has preceded. This is further evidenced by the fact that al-Haafidh himself has elsewhere indicated this condition. Indeed he mentions Shabeeb amongst those narrators used by al-Bukhaaree who have been criticised, found in the introduction otFatbul-Baaree (p. 133), then he rejects this criticism, after having quoted those who declare him reliable and mentioning the saying of Ibn 'Adiyy about him, saying: "I say: al-Bukhaaree brings his ahaadeeth which were reported from him by his son, which he himself reports from Yoonus, but he does not bring anything which he himself reports from other than Yoonus, and he does not quote anything which Ibn Wahb reports from him." So here he, rahimahullaah, gives an indication that criticism is valid about Shabeeb when he is reporting from other than Yoonus, even if they are things which his son Ahmad reports from him. This is what is correct as we have just explained, and in light of it we should understand what he says in at-Taqreeb in order to harmonise between his words and to avoid creating contradictions. So when this is clear the weakness of this story will be manifest, and the lack of its suitability as a proof. Then a further weakness is apparent to me in it, and it is the presence of conflicting reports from Ahmad ibn Shabeeb. The hadeeth is also reported by Ibn as-Sunnee in 'Amalul-Yawm wal-Laylah (p.202) and by al- Haakim (1/526) by way of three chains from Ahmad ibn Shabeeb without any mention of the attached story. It is likewise reported by 'Awn ibn 'Umaarah al-Basree: Rawh ibn al -Qaasim narrated to us with it. This is reported by al-Haakim. Then even though this narrator 'Awn is weak, yet still his narration is to be given precedence over the narration of Shabeeb because he is agreed with in it by Shu'bah and Hammaad ibn Salamah, from Aboo Ja'far al -Khatamee.102

So in conclusion this story is weak and contrary to what is authentically reported due to three reasons:

(i)The weakness of the memory of the one who is alone in reporting it;

(ii)and the conflicting reports from him and;

(iii)his contradicting those reliable narrators who do not mention it in the hadeeth.

A single one of these reasons would be sufficient to negate this story, so how about when all three are found together?

from At-Tawassulu: Anwa'uhu wa Ahkamuhu page 86-88

even if we are to assume that its authentic, these things should be noted;

1) what the blind man was ordered to do was something not reported from the Prophet(i.e after his death one can come and do the same as when he was alive), so this cannot be used.

2) there is something mentioned in the beginning of the hadeeth you quoted, you said "Imam Tabrani has narrated an incident that a person repeatedly visited Uthman bin Affan (ra) concerning something he needed but Uthman paid no attention to him" anyone who knows uthmaan ibn affan will know that this contradicts his character, what happened to all his goodness and kindness? this further puts a doubt on the story.

3) {THIS IS FROM AL-ALBAANI IN THAT SAME BOOK} Even if that story were authentic from 'Uthmaan ibn Haneef, then in it he did not teach the full supplication to the blind man. Rather he dropped the sentence: "0 Allaah accept his shafaa'ah for me, (i.e. accept him as a supplicant for me), and accept my shafaa'ah for him (i.e. accept my supplication for his to be accepted)." since he would have understood, with his pure Arabian disposition, that this saying would necessitate that the Prophet should supplicate for this man, just as he supplicated for the blind man. Then since this was not possible with regard for that man he did not mention that sentence. Shaikhul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah said (p. 104): "And as is known if a person after his death were to say: '0 Allaah accept him as a supplicant for me, and accept my supplication for his to be answered,' despite the fact that the Prophet did not supplicate for him, then this saying of the person would be a futile saying. 'Uthmaan ibn Haneef did not order him to ask the Prophet for anything, nor did he tell him to say "Accept him as a supplicant for me," nor did he order him to make the full supplication, rather he ordered him with a part of it. There was to be no supplication on his behalf from the Prophet nor anything which could be imagined as such, so if one were to say after his death: "Then accept him as a supplicant for me" then it would be a meaningless saying. Therefore 'Uthmaan did not order it, nor did he order the supplication as it was ordered by the Prophet.

To be continued
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 17, 2016
Empiree:
@lexicon, do you agree that Waseela (i:e Tawasul) of the prophet(saw) subsists after he passed?.

no waseela from him as he is right now in the state of barzakh, so he cant respond to you, but certainly we will get waseela from him on jugdment day, that is the station Allaah promised him(sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam).

3 Likes

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 17, 2016
Sufisunni:
Sunni perspective
Views of Islamic Jurists
Sunni ahadith

Shia perspective
[26] Shias always pray to and only to Allah, but as other Muslims, they accept tawassul as a means of seeking intercession. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawassul

when did wikipedia became a reliable source for the deen? anyone with a bit of intellect would see that the narrations brought does not refer to what you are trying to panel-beat it to mean.

1 Like

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 17, 2016
Sufisunni:
U r so obssesed with Sufis and Shias.! Stop playing with people's IQs here pls. U r very good at connical coining words to deceive fleece ones here. Jst imagine 'deviant sufis' what about "deviant wahhabis?" or is it coz u r a wahhabi apologist that u dont see anything wrong with wahhabism?

well you are free to say or deduce what i did not say, i am least bothered.

2 Likes

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Empiree: 8:36am On Dec 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:

no waseela from him as he is right now in the state of barzakh, so he cant respond to you, but certainly we will get waseela from him on jugdment day, that is the station Allaah promised him(sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam).
Certainly. But why do you ignore ALL glaring ahadith in this regard?. How about sending Salams on him and his soul restores and he responds? (hadith).
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 17, 2016
shawl:

And it is your words against the hadith too.

The Hadith states: It was narrated from 'Uthman bin Hunaif that a blind man came to the Prophet (Peace be upon him) and said: "Pray to Allah to heal me." He said: "If you wish to store your reward for the Hereafter, that is better, or if you wish, I will supplicate for you." He said: "Supplicate." So he told him to perform ablution and do it well, to pray two Rak'ah, and to say this supplication: "Allahumma lnni as'aluka wa atawajjahu ilaika bimuhammadin nabiyyir-rahma. Ya Muhammadu inni qad tawajjahtu bika ila rabbi fi hajati hadhihi lituqda. Allahumma fashaffi’hu fiya (O Allah, I ask of You and I turn my face towards You by virtue of the intercession of Muhammad the Prophet of mercy. O Muhammad, I have turned to my Lord by virtue of your intercession concerning this need of mine so that it may be met. O Allah,
accept his intercession concerning me)".

and as for this hadeeth, the shaykh also responded to it, he says:

The opponents hold that this hadeeth shows that it is permissible to make tawassul in du'aa by the status of the Prophet or other pious
people, since the Prophet taught the blind man to use him as a means of nearness in his du'aa, and the blind man did that and his sight was restored.

As for us, we believe that this hadeeth does not constitute evidence for them to support seeking to draw closer to Allah (tawassul) by virtue of the Prophet’s person; rather it constitutes further evidence for the third type of lawful tawassul – which is tawassul through the du‘aa’ (supplication) of a righteous man – because the tawassul of the blind man was only by means of the du‘aa’ of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) (and not by virtue of his person). The evidence for what we say is to be found in the hadeeth itself, in abundance. The most important points are as follows:

1.) The blind man only came to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) to ask him to pray for him; that was when he said: Pray to Allaah to heal me. This is seeking to draw closer to Allah (tawassul) by virtue of his du‘aa’, because he knew that the du‘aa’ of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) was more likely to be accepted by Allaah, unlike the du‘aa’ of anyone else. If the blind man’s intention was to draw close to Allaah by virtue of the Prophet’s person or his status, there would have been no need for him to come to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) and ask him to offer du‘aa’ for him; rather he could have stayed at home and called upon his Lord by saying, for example: O Allah, I ask You by virtue of Your Prophet and His status before You to heal me and give me my sight. But he did not do that.

2.) The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) promised to offer supplication (du‘aa’) for him whilst advising him of that which would be better for him, which is when he said: “If you wish, I shall pray for you; and if you wish, you can be patient and that will be better for you.”

3.) The blind man insisted that he offer supplication for him, as he said: Pray for me (now). This implies that the Messenger (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) did offer supplication for him, because he (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) was the best one in fulfilling promises, and he had promised him that he would offer supplication for him if he wanted, as stated above. So there is no doubt that he (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) offered supplication for him. Thus what the blind man wanted was done. After that, the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) turned towards the blind man out of compassion towards him and out of keenness that Allaah answer his supplications for this man. So he turned to him and advised him of the second type of lawful tawassul, which is tawassul by virtue of righteous deeds, so as to combine all kinds of good and righteous deeds (to ensure that his need would be met). So he instructed him to do wudoo’ and to pray two rak‘ahs, then to offer supplication for himself. These are all acts of obedience towards Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, that came before the supplication of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) for him, and these are included in the words of the verse in which Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Seek the means of approach to Him” {al-Maa’idah 5:35}, as stated above.

Based on this, the entire incident revolves around the supplication (du‘aa’) – as is clear – and there is no mention at all of what they claim.

4.) In the supplication that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) taught him it says: “O Allaah, accept his intercession concerning me.” It is impossible to interpret this as referring to tawassul by virtue of the person or status of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), because what is meant is: O Allah, accept his (the Prophet’s) intercession for me; in other words, Accept his supplication for my vision to be restored to me. The Arabic word shafaa‘ah (translated here as intercession) means supplication. It says in Lisaan al-‘Arab (8/184): Shafaa‘ah (intercession) is the words of the shafee‘ (intercessor) to the king asking him to meet the need of someone else, or the one who asks for something for someone else and intercedes for him to get what he is seeking.

Thus it is proven that the tawassul of the blind man was only by virtue of the du‘aa’ of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him), not by virtue of his person.

5.) Among the things that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) taught the blind man to say was: “and accept my intercession concerning him”. What is meant is: accept my intercession, that is my supplication, that his intercession, that is his supplication that my sight be restored, be accepted. This is the only way in which this sentence can be interpreted; there is no other way of interpreting it.

Hence you see those among later generations who hold different views ignoring this last phrase and not referring to it at all, because it utterly demolishes their interpretation of the hadeeth.

6.) This hadeeth is cited by the scholars as being one of the miracles of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) and one of his supplications that were answered, and an example of what Allah manifested through the blessing of his supplication of extraordinary events and healing from sickness. By virtue of the Prophet’s supplication for this blind man, Allah restored his sight. Hence the scholars of hadeeth, such as al-Bayhaqi and others, narrated it among the signs of Prophethood (dalaa’il an-nubuwwah). This indicates that the reason for the healing of the blind man was the supplication of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him).

If the reason for the healing of the blind man was that he sought tawassul by virtue of the Prophet’s status, as it was understood by many later scholars, that would imply that this healing should also have happened for other blind people who sought tawassul by virtue of his status and sometimes added to it the status of all the Prophets and Messengers, and all the close friends of Allaah, the martyrs and the righteous, and the status of anyone who has status with Allah among the angels, mankind and the jinn! But we do not know, and we do not think that anyone knows, of any such incident that was fulfilled throughout the many centuries from the death of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) until the present day.

From this explanation it becomes clear that what is meant by the words of the blind man in his du‘aa’, “O Allah, I ask You and I seek to draw close to You by virtue of Your Prophet Muhammad”, is: I seek to draw close to You by virtue of the supplication of Your Prophet. The text of the hadeeth does not mention the supplication, but it is implied. This is something that occurs commonly in Arabic, as in the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And ask (the people of) the town where we have been, and the caravan in which we returned, and indeed we are telling the truth” [Yoosuf 12:82]; in the original text the word “people” is not mentioned but it is implied.

However, I would say: Even if we assume that the blind man did seek to draw close to Allah by virtue of the Prophet’s person, that would be a ruling that applied only to him (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) and not to any other Prophet or righteous person, and applying it to them too is something that would not be acceptable to sound reasoning, because the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) is their leader and the best of them all. It is possible that this is something that Allah bestowed exclusively upon him and not them, like many other qualities that were given only to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), according to saheeh reports. When it comes to that which was given exclusively to him, there is no room for applying it to others by analogy. If anyone thinks that the tawassul of the blind man was by virtue of the Prophet’s person, then he has to apply it to him only and not to anyone else. This view was narrated from Imam Ahmad and Shaykh al-‘Izz ibn ‘Abd as-Salaam (may Allah have mercy on them) and it is the only conclusion that can be reached by fair-minded academic research. And Allaah is the One Who guides to what is correct.
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 17, 2016
Empiree:
Certainly. But why do you ignore ALL glaring ahadith in this regard?.[s]How about sending Salams on him and his soul restores and he responds? (hadith)[/s].

where did i ignore the ahadeeth that talked about the station Allaah promised the prophet(on the day of jugdement)??!!
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 17, 2016
The correct legislated Tawassul is of three types as stated by Al-albaani;

1. Tawassul by means of the Names of Allaah, the Blessed and the Most High, and His Attributes.

2. Tawassul by means of a righteous action which the perso who is supplicating has done.

3. Tawassul by means of the supplication made by a righteous man.
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Empiree: 9:03am On Dec 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:

where did i ignore the ahadeeth that talked about the station Allaah promised the prophet(on the day of jugdement)??!!
Not this. Never mind.

Anyways, read this.

Myth 10: Sheikh Abdul Wahhab made takfeer of those who made tawassul by the righteous

Taken from Sayyid Muhammad bin 'Alawi al-Maliki's excellent book "Mafahim Yajib An Tusahhah (Notions that Must be Corrected)", pg. 141:

Shaykh Muhammad bin 'Abd al-Wahhab said: "Sulayman bin Sahim has fabricated on me statements which I never said, nor have they ever came to my mind. and from amongst it: that I do takfir of those who perform Tawassul by the righteous, and that I do takfir of [al-Imam] al-Busayri because he said: "O most gracious of the creation", and that I burn Dala'il al-Khayrat.

"And my reply to this issue: Glory be to Allah! This is awful slander!" ["Rasa'il al-Shaykh Muhammad bin 'Abd al-Wahhab", the eleventh epistle, pg. 64.]

On the preceding page, he expresses his opinion on Tawassul by saying: "The correct position according to us is the statement of the majority, that is it is makruh. Therefore, we do not detest those who perform it, and there is no detestation with regards to the issues of ijtihad. However, we do detest those who invoke the created objects in a much more serious manner than he who calls upon Allah but really intends by that the grave [of a righteous person], praying near the shrine of Shaykh 'Abd al-Qadir al-Jilani or his likes and requests therein protection from sorrow and assistance in ones yearnings and the giving of sustenance. So where is [the seriousness of] this act in comparison to he who calls upon Allah, bearing their religion to Him in sincerity, not calling upon anyone save Allah, but he says in his Du'a: I ask you by your Prophet or by the Messengers or by your righteous slaves, or he goes to a known grave [of a saint] and prays therein, but does not call upon anyone save Allah, bearing their religion to Him in sincerity..."

[Fatawa al-Shaykh Muhammad bin 'Abd al-Wahhab, the third section pg. 68, printed by The University of Muhammad bin Sa'ud during Shaykh Muhammad bin 'Abd al-Wahhab week]

Anyways, this subject never interest me one bit. I came across it many times.
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 17, 2016
Empiree:
Not this. Never mind.

Anyways, read this.

Myth 10: Sheikh Abdul Wahhab made takfeer of those who made tawassul by the righteous

Taken from Sayyid Muhammad bin 'Alawi al-Maliki's excellent book "Mafahim Yajib An Tusahhah (Notions that Must be Corrected)", pg. 141:

Shaykh Muhammad bin 'Abd al-Wahhab said: "Sulayman bin Sahim has fabricated on me statements which I never said, nor have they ever came to my mind. and from amongst it: that I do takfir of those who perform Tawassul by the righteous, and that I do takfir of [al-Imam] al-Busayri because he said: "O most gracious of the creation", and that I burn Dala'il al-Khayrat.

"And my reply to this issue: Glory be to Allah! This is awful slander!" ["Rasa'il al-Shaykh Muhammad bin 'Abd al-Wahhab", the eleventh epistle, pg. 64.]

On the preceding page, he expresses his opinion on Tawassul by saying: "The correct position according to us is the statement of the majority, that is it is makruh. Therefore, we do not detest those who perform it, and there is no detestation with regards to the issues of ijtihad. However, we do detest those who invoke the created objects in a much more serious manner than he who calls upon Allah but really intends by that the grave [of a righteous person], praying near the shrine of Shaykh 'Abd al-Qadir al-Jilani or his likes and requests therein protection from sorrow and assistance in ones yearnings and the giving of sustenance. So where is [the seriousness of] this act in comparison to he who calls upon Allah, bearing their religion to Him in sincerity, not calling upon anyone save Allah, but he says in his Du'a: I ask you by your Prophet or by the Messengers or by your righteous slaves, or he goes to a known grave [of a saint] and prays therein, but does not call upon anyone save Allah, bearing their religion to Him in sincerity..."

[Fatawa al-Shaykh Muhammad bin 'Abd al-Wahhab, the third section pg. 68, printed by The University of Muhammad bin Sa'ud during Shaykh Muhammad bin 'Abd al-Wahhab week]

Anyways, this subject never interest me one bit. I came across it many times.

we will need the full context as to what is meant by "the righteous", I stated earlier that

lexiconkabir:

The correct legislated Tawassul is of three types as stated by Al-albaani;

1. Tawassul by means of the Names of Allaah, the Blessed and the Most High, and His Attributes.

2. Tawassul by means of a righteous action which the perso who is supplicating has done.

3. Tawassul by means of the supplication made by a righteous man.

so what is the full context??

1 Like

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Empiree: 10:34am On Dec 17, 2016
^
As I said, this is not a topic that interests me at this time. I'm diverted at something else for now. Maybe I may come around to contribute further.

One thing however is clear, the issue of tawasul is NOT aqeeda but figh. This is what is agreed upon. It's later generation i:e 20th century scholars from that region that portrayed it matter of aqeeda and call people mushrik. Ibn wahabi stance was that it's figh masalah.

The three steps of tawasul you posted earlier, no one denies that but it comes with question marks i:e using ones good deeds. This is where sufis stepped in. There is more to this.

I also noticed that you seem to reject virtues of the person of nabi in dua is undesirable. Humm....this is misguidance. The presence of nabi (p) amongst his sahaba was virtuous and will continue to function. This is what is coined in yoruba as "ola anobi". There is difference BTW saying Ola anobi and calling on him.
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 17, 2016
Empiree:
^
As I said, this is not a topic that interests me at this time. I'm diverted at something else for now. Maybe I may come around to contribute further.

One thing however is clear, the issue of tawasul is NOT aqeeda but figh. This is what is agreed upon. It's later generation i:e 20th century scholars from that region that portrayed it matter of aqeeda and call people mushrik. Ibn wahabi stance was that it's figh masalah.

if its not matter of aqeedah then what? isn't dua a form of worship?

The three steps of tawasul you posted earlier, no one denies that but it comes with question marks i:e using ones good deeds. This is where sufis stepped in. There is more to this.

I also noticed that you seem to reject virtues of the person of nabi in dua is undesirable. Humm....this is misguidance. The presence of nabi (p) amongst his sahaba was virtuous and will continue to function. This is what is coined in yoruba as "ola anobi". There is difference BTW saying Ola anobi and calling on him.

you can't use the virtuousness of the prophet at this moment because he is not with us, there is no daleel for that.

which of his sahabas used his "ola" after his death? the salafs? who?
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Empiree: 12:59pm On Dec 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:

if its not matter of aqeedah then what? isn't dua a form of worship?

you can't use the virtuousness of the prophet at this moment because he is not with us, there is no daleel for that.

which of his sahabas used his "ola" after his death? the salafs? who?
lol...'ola'. You expect Arab person to say that?. What's is ola?. What's is virtues?. Isn't same thing?.

See, you are entering area beyond what you do not comprehend. The two men above quoted related ahadith regarding this. And there are still some that I can quote. The famous one is sending Salawat on the prophet. What do u think u are doing when you send daroo on him?. And what happens after that? . Didn't hadith tells you Allah restores his soul and he sends back salam to u?. I said this earlier but you might missed it.

Also you saying its worship is off. You might need to check with scholars. Majority say it's figh issue not aqeeda including ibn wahab. This is why they accused you people of not understanding stuff. I'm not really interested in this now. ..that's why I wont detail for now. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG SAYING OLA ANOBI (BY THE VIRTUES OF NABI).

The least you can do is to say those ahadith are 'daef'. You gonna have hardtime to prove that.

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
Empiree:
lol...'ola'. You expect Arab person to say that?. What's is ola?. What's is virtues?. Isn't same thing?.

See, you are entering area beyond what you do not comprehend. The two men above quoted related ahadith regarding this. And there are still some that I can quote. The famous one is sending Salawat on the prophet. What do u think u are doing when you send daroo on him?. And what happens after that? . Didn't hadith tells you Allah restores his soul and he sends back salam to u?. I said this earlier but you might missed it.

Also you saying its worship is off. You might need to check with scholars. Majority say it's figh issue not aqeeda including ibn wahab. This is why they accused you people of not understanding stuff. I'm not really interested in this now. ..that's why I wont detail for now. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG SAYING OLA ANOBI (BY THE VIRTUES OF NABI).

The least you can do is to say those ahadith are 'daef'. You gonna have hardtime to prove that.

ok i dont think you read me right on some things, but i don't think I'm interested in discussing much tho, too too busy for all that.

the thread is not even about tawassul.

1 Like

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by ekorian: 1:51pm On Dec 17, 2016
bankyman:
The write up is very nice and thought provoking... But OP kindly desist from name calling and sorts... please pass the message and that should do. Like in the sermon I listened to today, Muslims have a whole lot in common to share and be happy with rather than disagree over miniature ones. Some of the messages in the write up indicate things that may lead us out of Islam and walk one to Jahanama but make reference to the point and let those who it affects change their heart.... As nice as the write-up it could lead to war of words and if anyone should say something offensive to Allah, OP kindly exercise caution.

Jazak' Allahu Khaeran
did you observe d juma'h at d workers mosque on the Lagos island?
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by abatisegun: 1:55pm On Dec 17, 2016
جزاكم الله خيرا
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by ShiaMuslim: 2:12pm On Dec 17, 2016
Seun, please be mindful of the topics from the Islam section that go to the front page. do not let them abuse your forum to promote Wahhabism. the so called Sheikh, Ibn Abdul Wahab is the terrorist on whose deviant and parochial teachings he formed the bloodsucking Wahhabi cult. i am not saying this because I am Shia and i am a "lesser Muslim" to his blind eyes. both his father and brother disagreed to his teachings and they authored literature to refute his deviant claims. the OP is treating a divisive topic (tawassul/intercession) and judging it with his Wahhabi lenses through Ibn Abdul Wahab, as if this ancient terrorist represents Islam and all Muslims. he is in that line calling other Muslims that subscribe to differing ideologies to his ugly names. i believe that is unfair. and taking such topic to the fp is promoting division and hatred among Muslims, a motion of takfirism upon which Wahhabism was founded. Islamic topic ought to explore the beauty of Islam and the divine virtues as taught by the Prophet, his Ahlul-Bayt and the pious among Sahaba. not some deviant topic by a deviant cultist of the Wahhabi blood sucking cult.
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by shawl: 2:25pm On Dec 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Uthman bin haneef

Before I continue, the name of the sahaba is Uthman bin Hunaif (hunayf), radiyAllahu anh. But please why did you change it to Uthman bin Haneef? I need to get the reason for that for us to be on the same page. Thanks.
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Fundamentalist: 3:42pm On Dec 17, 2016
ShiaMuslim:
Seun, please be mindful of the topics from the Islam section that go to the front page. do not let them abuse your forum to promote Wahhabism. the so called Sheikh, Ibn Abdul Wahab is the terrorist on whose deviant and parochial teachings he formed the bloodsucking Wahhabi cult. i am not saying this because I am Shia and i am a "lesser Muslim" to his blind eyes. both his father and brother disagreed to his teachings and they authored literature to refute his deviant claims. the OP is treating a divisive topic (tawassul/intercession) and judging it with his Wahhabi lenses through Ibn Abdul Wahab, as if this ancient terrorist represents Islam and all Muslims. he is in that line calling other Muslims that subscribe to differing ideologies to his ugly names. i believe that is unfair. and taking such topic to the fp is promoting division and hatred among Muslims, a motion of takfirism upon which Wahhabism was founded. Islamic topic ought to explore the beauty of Islam and the divine virtues as taught by the Prophet, his Ahlul-Bayt and the pious among Sahaba. not some deviant topic by a deviant cultist of the Wahhabi blood sucking cult.

Lol .........

If you have something better to present please do and stop making unnecessary noise
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Empiree: 6:23pm On Dec 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:

ok i dont think you read me right on some things, but i don't think I'm interested in discussing much tho, too too busy for all that.

the thread is not even about tawassul.
ok. NP
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by shawl: 12:31am On Dec 18, 2016
lexiconkabir:

(i)The weakness of the memory of the one who is alone in reporting it;
(ii)and the conflicting reports from him and;
(iii)his contradicting those reliable narrators who do not mention it in the hadeeth.

Interesting! so the prohibition of seeking intercession after the death of RasulUllah, sallAllahu alayhi wasallam, is now down to the weakening of this hadith or some others. Not that there is a clear ayat or hadith that expressly commands this prohibition. Hmm, na wa!.

lexiconkabir:

so he will respond to you today while he is no more? issoryt.

Yes he, sallAllahu alayhi wasallam, shall intercede for my duas. I don't know what you mean by he, sallAllahu alayhi wasallam, will respond. If you are implying that he, sallAllahu alayhi wa sallam answers dua, then that is solely your assertion. The point I am making is that his being mercy upon me continues to subsists even if he is no longer physically with us today. He, sallAllahu alayhi wa sallam, is mercy unto the worlds, mine inclusive.

And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds. Surat Al-'Anbya' (21:107)

So I will use that to beseech Allahu ta'ala in my duas and my duas shall be accepted, as always.

And Allahu ta'ala says, seek means to approach me, Quran 5 35. What better means than the mercy unto the worlds.

Also I don't know what you mean by "no more" about the prophet, sallAllahu alayhi wasallam, and this one
lexiconkabir:

so if one were to say after his death: "Then accept him as a supplicant for me" then it would be a meaningless saying.
Are you implying that since he is no longer physically with us, then our requests for intercession through him are no longer valid? Again, what an interesting supposition? Please I would like to see the daleel for that. But bear in mind that scholars have pointed out that other prophets, alayhimussalam, who were in al barzakh, still participated in worships and interacted with the living by citing the popular isra/m'iraj of the prophet, sallAllahu alayhi wa sallam, where he led the other anbiya in salah and held conversations with a number of them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Using Someone Else's Phone: The Importance Of Adhering To Islamic Guidelines / The Attitude that a Muslim Should Have Towards Problems / Position Of Muslims On Taliban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 228
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.