Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,530 members, 7,823,308 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria (27956 Views)

TY Danjuma's 80th Birthday Celebration: Ambode, Amaechi, Amosun, Gowon Attend / Abba Kyari Sick, Flown To London Hurriedly / Buhari Critically Ill, Set To Be Flown Out Of Nigeria - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria by wirinet(m): 5:33pm On Nov 26, 2016
lonelydora:

Not even oil well, he is also the owner of numerous companies. This is one man I wish the Nigerian government can arrest . But he has shown that he is really untouchable, and still enters Aso rock at will to make decisions for our country.

Arrest him for what exactly? Is there any petition on him concerning allege crimes he is suspected to have committed? Had any investigative body in Nigeria's history every investigated T Y Danjuma for any alleged crimes? Has any Nigerian dead or alive ever accused T Y Danjuma of any crime?
I am yet to understand the hatred a certain group of Nigerians have for this man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria by buJu234: 5:36pm On Nov 26, 2016
one of the betrayers of the middle berth (including Gown) ... his own people.

he is among the privileged few from the christian minorities in the Northern Nigeria

but instead of him to use his wealth and connections for his people; decided to go solo for himself & family only;
yet daily christian minorities in the Northern Nigeria are being killed by the core fulanis...

wat are pity?

2 Likes

Re: TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria by lonelydora: 5:42pm On Nov 26, 2016
wirinet:

Arrest him for what exactly? Is there any petition on him concerning allege crimes he is suspected to have committed? Had any investigative body in Nigeria's history every investigated T Y Danjuma for any alleged crimes? Has any Nigerian dead or alive ever accused T Y Danjuma of any crime?
I am yet to understand the hatred a certain group of Nigerians have for this man.

Politicians are scared of him because he silently sponsors most campaign.
Re: TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria by jamace(m): 5:48pm On Nov 26, 2016
So he cannot patronise Nigeria hospital? Later he will come to tell us how much he loves Nigeria.

Kwantinue to deceive yaself. Wise Nigerians know the truth.
Re: TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria by wirinet(m): 5:57pm On Nov 26, 2016
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

Very interesting indeed.

Some said he is well,but he was flown out in an Air Ambulance because he has malaria?this tells you where we are today as a nation.

When I hear people call Dangote, or even Forbes calling him the richest African,I just laugh. When I hear the likes of Alakija's or the noise maker,Emeka Offor shout about their wealth,I smile.

This is one man that has for decades been killing Nigeria,and looting us blindly to the ground,and he does it very silently.

Danjuma has more Oil Wells than any Nigerian dead or alive. I know I am guilty of shouting Jonathan's name always,but this is a man past and present Governments should have tried to collect our commonwealth from.

Danjuma is the definition of an untouchable Nigerian.

And after pillaging our funds that could have been used to develop our hospitals,he was Airlifted in an Air Ambulance to get treated for common malaria overseas.

Devil will punish all those, that have turned Nigeria's resources into their personal properties.

Can you expatiate further how this man has been killing and looting Nigerians for decades, Was it when he was Chief of army staff or when he was defense minister under OBJ? Even under OBJ"s civilian administration, he was at logger heads with OBJ on the term term issue and OBJ could not accuse him of looting Nigeria. OBJ went after his oil blocks by seizing and reallocating one of them. He took the matter to court to retrieve the oil blocks.

Yes Danjuma is into the oil Business, so also are dozens of other Nigerians (especially people from the WA-ZO-BIA tribe. To make the matter more absurd, foreigners and foreign companies own more oil leasing and mining license than Nigerians as a whole. So i wonder why you guys are only after one person.
If you are so aggrieved write a petition to the police, EFCC or ICPC detailing the alleged crimes of Danjuma.

3 Likes

Re: TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria by wirinet(m): 6:03pm On Nov 26, 2016
jamace:
So he cannot patronise Nigeria hospital? Later he will come to tell us how much he loves Nigeria.

Kwantinue to deceive yaself. Wise Nigerians know the truth.
So it is now a crime to patronize foreign hospitals? In that case all Nigerian politicians (including Jonathan and his family) is guilty of this crime. Even you people's hero Godswill Akpabio, who had a slight accident last year was flown abroad instead of patronizing the multi-billion naira hospital he built.
Most rich men in Nigeria are also guilty of this crime because most of them travel abroad not just for treatment but for even check ups.

1 Like

Re: TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria by jamace(m): 6:13pm On Nov 26, 2016
wirinet:

So it is now a crime to patronize foreign hospitals? In that case all Nigerian politicians (including Jonathan and his family) is guilty of this crime. Even you people's hero Godswill Akpabio, who had a slight accident last year was flown abroad instead of patronizing the multi-billion naira hospital he built.
Most rich men in Nigeria are also guilty of this crime because most of them travel abroad not just for treatment but for even check ups.
This is a period when the need to look inward and patronise our own products is loudest. Therefore, I expect all our "big men" and "leaders" to show good example.

1 Like

Re: TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria by wirinet(m): 6:20pm On Nov 26, 2016
jamace:
This is a period when the need to look inward and patronise our own products is loudest. Therefore, I expect all our "big men" and "leaders" to show good example.

Yes this is a period for you and me to look inwards and patronize our own products, but this does not apply to big men. The Nigerian political and business elites have stashed away enough dollars in foreign banks (and even Nigerian banks) to last a life time. So they are not affected by the dollar-naira exchange rate like you and me. Did the former first lady not explain to us that the $15 million found in her accounts were for her medical bills?

1 Like

Re: TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria by Duru009(m): 6:21pm On Nov 26, 2016
This man is silently the richest man in the African continent....

His wealth comes from different sources. He has been consistent from 1980's till date.....

1 Like

Re: TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria by seenter84: 6:26pm On Nov 26, 2016
Time to rest for you. Oga boss tief
Re: TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria by willibounce1(m): 7:30pm On Nov 26, 2016
I hope he takes all the oil Wells along when he dies....
Re: TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria by drealzum(m): 8:40pm On Nov 26, 2016
laudate:

For an air ambulance to have been called to whisk him out for medical attention, he definitely does not have malaria. His medical condition is more serious than what his wife is trying to portray.

May the Good Lord grant him speedy recovery and protect him from evil. sad In a region where many Christians of Northern extraction are left defenceless and stripped of their rights, this man has supported Christian Northerners in the North in so many different ways, without making noise. Only God can reward him because a lot of northern Christians look up to him for advice and assistance. sad
Lie!!! Which Northern christian? Did this man pay you?
Am also a northern christian. yes he has been donating to Anglican but can you compare it to what he has donated to Islam?
You are either lieing here to support a man that pays you or you don't know this man. This is some one that will come an preach the need for middle belters to be united in the day then go frantanise and dine with our enemies(Fulani's) at night. I know T Y Danjuma like the back of my palms. He is a powerful man. Infact like I said previously the most powerful man ever in this country. but he only helps you when is beneficial.
Re: TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria by ceasare: 10:03pm On Nov 26, 2016
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

Very interesting indeed.

Some said he is well,but he was flown out in an Air Ambulance because he has malaria?this tells you where we are today as a nation.

When I hear people call Dangote, or even Forbes calling him the richest African,I just laugh. When I hear the likes of Alakija's or the noise maker,Emeka Offor shout about their wealth,I smile.

This is one man that has for decades been killing Nigeria,and looting us blindly to the ground,and he does it very silently.

Danjuma has more Oil Wells than any Nigerian dead or alive. I know I am guilty of shouting Jonathan's name always,but this is a man past and present Governments should have tried to collect our commonwealth from.

Danjuma is the definition of an untouchable Nigerian.

And after pillaging our funds that could have been used to develop our hospitals,he was Airlifted in an Air Ambulance to get treated for common malaria overseas.

Devil will punish all those, that have turned Nigeria's resources into their personal properties.

Infact as in dey so make him no die again make e dey spend d money till Jesus turn up!
Useless people common malaria ....Dubai .if d guy come get typhoid nko ? Na Pluto or Uranus
E for go treat himself!

1 Like

Re: TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria by laudate: 11:49pm On Nov 26, 2016
drealzum:
Lie!!! Which Northern christian? Did this man pay you?
Am also a northern christian. yes he has been donating to Anglican but can you compare it to what he has donated to Islam?
You are either lieing here to support a man that pays you or you don't know this man. This is some one that will come an preach the need for middle belters to be united in the day then go frantanise and dine with our enemies(Fulani's) at night. I know T Y Danjuma like the back of my palms. He is a powerful man. Infact like I said previously the most powerful man ever in this country. but he only helps you when is beneficial.

Cut the crap and stop the insults. angry If you do not know what the man has done for Northern Christians, then just say so instead of claiming that someone else is lying. Are you from his LG? Or his hometown? When Boko Haram hit Adamawa & some other areas a few years back, he offered many people temporary shelter in different places & also paid medical bills for others, including assisting churches to evacuate some people. sad

He has never paid me a dime, but I know churches he has helped & people he has assisted. If you asked him for money and he didn't assist you, then just say so. Maybe that is why you are so aggrieved. Kindly go get a life and stuff your prejudice up your nose!!

There is NO powerful Northern Christian that does not have Muslim friends or Fulani friends. A few even have Fulani relatives. Most of the tribes in the North live in close proximity to one another, so what the heck are you saying? shocked Name one powerful Northern Christian from Gowon to David Mark that does not have powerful Fulani friends, or does not dine with them! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria by laudate: 11:52pm On Nov 26, 2016
wirinet:
Can you expatiate further how this man has been killing and looting Nigerians for decades, Was it when he was Chief of army staff or when he was defense minister under OBJ? Even under OBJ"s civilian administration, he was at logger heads with OBJ on the term term issue and OBJ could not accuse him of looting Nigeria. OBJ went after his oil blocks by seizing and reallocating one of them. He took the matter to court to retrieve the oil blocks.

Yes Danjuma is into the oil Business, so also are dozens of other Nigerians (especially people from the WA-ZO-BIA tribe. To make the matter more absurd, foreigners and foreign companies own more oil leasing and mining license than Nigerians as a whole. So i wonder why you guys are only after one person.
If you are so aggrieved write a petition to the police, EFCC or ICPC detailing the alleged crimes of Danjuma.

Thank you, o! Everyone knows that he made his money from oil. He sold part of the shares of his oil company to foreign investors, and made over $1 billion USD, from the deal, several years ago. His OPL still produces about 25,000 barrels per day. The details are all in public domain. sad

Nigerian 'Philanthropist' Gives Away $100 Million | by Mfonobong Nsehe , CONTRIBUTOR | FORBES MAGAZINE

Even though several Nigerian millionaires have more money than they know what to do with, they’d rather keep it to themselves than give it away. However, a Nigerian oil magnate and former defense minister, TY Danjuma just might be a different breed. The 73-year old has put over $100 million of his own money into his Charity, the TY Danjuma Foundation- making it one of Africa’s largest charities, and Danjuma, the country’s biggest philanthropist.

TY Danjuma, a retired military General was Nigeria’s Chief of Army Staff in the 70s and served as the Minister of Defense during former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s tenure between 1999 and 2003. Danjuma has always been one of Nigeria’s most influential people...

The block, which was located in Port Harcourt in the Niger Delta region, was left unexploited for several years. In 2006, he reportedly sold it to China’s offshore oil company CNOOC for what Danjuma said was $1 billion.

After taxes, and paying off various dues, he said was left with over $500 million.

But he did not know what to do with the money, so he set up the TY Danjuma foundation with a $100 million endowment. During a public forum in February 2010, he recounted his reasons for setting up the charity:

“This was extra money I did not know what to do with. I did not just want to leave the money in the bank. At some point, I thought about saving the money for my children, but I decided against it. I realized that they could fight over the money after I’m dead. So, I decided, why not give back to my people.”
http://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2011/06/03/nigerian-philanthropist-gives-away-100-million/#1093c8067206

The philanthropist: Apart from his career as a soldier and a politician, General TY Danjuma has left his marks in the field of philanthropy haven created the TY Danjuma Foundation in 2008 with principal aims to provide durable advantages through the implementation of development programmes.

The Foundation is operating more as a philanthropic organisation rather than simply as a charity, seeking to alleviate poverty in communities by providing basic amenities, education for children and young adults while also providing free medical care for indigent people.

The Foundation has currently given out about 500,000 USD as grants to NGOs working to relieve suffering in his home state of Taraba which is historically one of Nigeria’s most impoverished states, compounded by the absence of a health service which catered for the masses. The state is perceived to have the highest case of river blindness and other debilitating illnesses.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/general-ty-danjuma-soldier-of-political-consequence-and-philanthropic-niche/
Re: TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria by holaralph(m): 1:06am On Nov 27, 2016
I REMEMBER MANY YEARS AGO WHEN MY GUARDIAN BOUGHT SOME SHARES WHERE TY DANJUMA WAS ALSO ONE OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS I WARNED MY GUARDIAN, MY GUARDIAN WHO STRUGGLED TO BUY SHARES WORTH OVER 200000 NAIRA TILL NOW I DONT THINK HE AS BEEN ABLE TO COLLECT 20000 NAIRA DIVIDEND AFTER OVER 6 YEARS, BECAUSE I KNEW TY DANJUMA AND HIS CO-HORTS WILL SWINDLE ALL THOSE SHARE HOLDERS.................... HIS INSATIABLE APPETITE FOR MONEY IS OF NO LEVEL....... AND HE DOES THAT CUNNINGLY....................

1 Like

Re: TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria by CAPSLOCKED: 1:42am On Nov 27, 2016
hahn:

We are not "educated". We have only been schooled with outdated and irrelevant knowledge. We read but don't learn.

We are stuck in time

"Hunger" is the perfect tool for conformation. Once an individual is only concerned about his next meal, nothing else matters.

I often say, "the problem with our leaders is not that they don't know what to do to make this country a better place. The problem is that they create the type of environment we are in deliberately".
Re: TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria by yunafa(f): 7:00am On Nov 27, 2016
papaejima1:

How about your salary bro, doubled too?
not at all
Re: TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria by Lorddominic(m): 7:01am On Nov 27, 2016
I've never been a fan of dat General...Nigeria wouldn't have gone dis sour if people like TY weren't existing...
Re: TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria by themanderon: 10:11am On Nov 27, 2016
This man is one of the owners of Nigeria. The people that divided up the country amongst themselves after the war. That's why we are where we are today.
Re: TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria by CeterisXVII: 9:09pm On Nov 30, 2016
ceasare:
Infact as in dey so make him no die again make e dey spend d money till Jesus turn up!
Useless people common malaria ....Dubai .if d guy come get typhoid nko ? Na Pluto or Uranus
E for go treat himself!

The story appears to be false as Gen TY Danjuma showed up for a meeting with other distinguished people during a meeting held on how to reconstruct the North East

After rumours of ill-health, TY Danjuma shows up at Northeast committee parley | Posted on Nov 30, 2016 in Video | NigeriaToday Online

Rumours of his ill-health had been in the news last week – The retired general showed up at a parley today, November 30

The rumours surrounding the health of retired General Theophilus Danjuma is false after all.

Sahara Reporters had reported that Danjuma was flown out of Nigeria in an air ambulance last week for medical care abroad.

The information appears to be false as Danjuma today, November 30 appeared at a parley organised by the Presidential Committee on the North East Initiative (PCNI) which he heads.

http://www.nigeriatoday.ng/2016/11/after-rumours-of-ill-health-ty-danjuma-shows-up-at-northeast-committee-parley/
Read more: https://www.naij.com/1067637-rumours-ill-health-ty-danjuma-shows-northeast-committee-parley.html
Re: TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria by Uten9z(m): 1:24pm On Dec 02, 2016
May God grand him quicker recovery and also improve his vitality.
May his days be longer and healthier.
May God in his infinite mercy provide him with much duelling grace in life and enable him to strive better in all course. IJN Amen.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

“we Give You Seven Days To Reverse 400% Land Use Tax” – NBA Threatens Ambode / Peter Odili Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today / Maimuna Lami Gogo Shiru Saves Nigeria ₦‎7tn In Litigation, Gets Honoured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.