Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,485 members, 7,830,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

How Old Are You Now? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Old Are You Now? (421 Views)

Does The Bible Give Clues To How Old The Earth Is? / How Old Was Adam When God Created Him? / How Old Were Jesus' Disciples? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Old Are You Now? by AAPS(m): 10:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
SUNDAY SERMON
DATE: 27-11-2016
LIVINGVINE PROPHETIC MINISTRY, INC
LIVING VINE CHURCH (LVC) P.O. BOX 87,AKUNGBA AKOKO,ONDO STATE.
MINISTERING: PASTOR DAMI
CAPTION :HOW OLD ARE YOU ?

7.KJV:And Joseph brought in Jacob his father, and set him before Pharaoh: and Jacob blessed Pharaoh.
8.KJV:And Pharaoh said unto Jacob, HOW OLD ART THOU ?
9.KJV:And Jacob said unto Pharaoh, The days of the years of my pilgrimage are an hundred and thirty years: few and evil have the days of the years of my life been, and have not attained unto the days of the years of the life of my fathers in the days of their pilgrimage.
10.KJV:And Jacob blessed Pharaoh, and went out from before Pharaoh.

The message is divided into two parts :
1. Now that you are young
2. When you are old

The purpose of this message is to inculcate into your life that God Almighty has send you ahead of generation coming so as to preserve their lives.
Gen 45:5,7 :
5.KJV:Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life.
7.KJV:And God sent me before you to preserve you a posterity in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance.

* Life is not measured by quantity of time but it is measured by quality of experience
* What matters is not the years in my life but lives in my years.
* Have you ever wonder that people don't ask you "how young are you ? "
* But, How old are you now ?. You have spent that number of years from your life(I.e. From the number of years God has given you to spend on earth) which you can't recover back.

THINGS EXPECTED WHY YOU ARE YOUNG
* The glory of the youth is in their strength
* When The devil, people ask you "HOW OLD ARE YOU" WHAT WILL BE YOUR RESPONSE?
* Today is the function of your tomorrow, tomorrow might not come, how are you spending your today ? .
* Eccles. 11:9-10(NLT) :
9 Young people, it’s wonderful to be young! Enjoy every minute of it. Do everything you want to do; take it all in. But remember that you must give an account to God for everything you do.
10. So refuse to worry, and keep your body healthy. But remember that youth, with a whole life before you, is meaningless.
12:1.Don’t let the excitement of youth cause you to forget your Creator. Honor him in your youth before you grow old and say, “Life is not pleasant anymore.”

* From the above text, points to put to heart and never to forget for all youth:
1.Dont let the excitement of youth let you to forget your creator.
2. It is a time of sacrifice
2Sam.24:24NIV:But the king replied to Araunah, “No, I insist on paying you for it. I will not sacrifice to the Lord my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing."...
Ps.144:12KJV:That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace:

* not everybody that grows old gets old(yoruba:ki n se gbogbo awon to lojo Lori lo n dagba)
* God wants to build you will you allow Him?
* if you are here(I.e.at your young age) and not raised you will be erased.
* prov. 19:20KJV:Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.
* This is the time to prepare for your future
* It is when you are in right location that your right allocation will locate you.
* 1 Tim 2:8-10(MSG): Since prayer is at the bottom of all this, what I want mostly is for men to pray—not shaking angry fists at en­e­mies but rais­ing holy hands to God. And I want women to get in there with the men in humility before God, not primp­ing before a mirror or chas­ing the lat­est fash­ions but do­ing some­thing beautiful for God and becom­ing beautiful do­ing it.

*WHAT MAKES ME BEAUTIFUL IS DOING SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL FOR GOD.

ACTION POINT.
*This is the time to build so that I will know the height,breadth,length and depth of my future.

* This is not the time to find a life partner but a time to be in partner with the Person (Christ Jesus) who can give eternal life.
- Past. Ajidahun

* At the 11th hour of my life,will i be able to look back and say " Father I thank you"

PRAYER
Father, pls give me the grace to learn from my past mistakes and repay me for the years the Locust(devil) have eaten.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Muslims Can You Help Save Our Living Condition? / Jesus Will Return To Destroy The Earth This Month – Computer Programmer Claims / A Verse Coming Directly From God's Mouth Is Required For Any Divine Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.