Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,843 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App (30395 Views)

Alibaba Shades Tonto, Writes About Ladies Who Make Fathers Look Like Monsters / Stephanie Coker Laments About The ‘Poor’ Services Of Nigerian Embassy Workers / Freeze: "MMM Is Better Than Pentecostal Churches In Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by chynie: 11:37am On Nov 28, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Malachi 3 vs 10 has nothing to do with christians. Thite then had an earthly purpose, to cater for the levite priests who had nothing doing except to work in the house of God. Instructions were giving to the isrealites to submit a tenth of their proceeds or else faced the wrath of God.

Today, God no longer dwells in houses made by human hands but in all christians. So if tithe was still applicable, we all should be entitled to tithe. But that's not the case in the new testament.

Now we are to give to one another as purposed by the spirit of God in our heart so that no one suffers from lack...and is tempted. Not give to one man in the name of God.

U are twisting the bible meaning using your humanly reasoning
Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by kingdenny(m): 11:40am On Nov 28, 2016
chynie:

I am not a Pastor/Rev in fact am a catholic to be specific
but I have said earlier am a practical Christian tongue
Fantastic that you are a catholic , when did the catholic church start talking bout tithe , its not up to five years ago .
They had no option because most members were going to pentecostal churches to tithe, so they reluctantly had to introduce it
Like i said earlier tithe is a beautiful thing that should not be enforced as obtainable in pentecostal churches

1 Like

Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 28, 2016
jasysandra:
This church is now a business thing is calling for concern. What pains me the most is going to a church service to worship and from the beginning of the service till the end all you hear is money. I recently stopped going to church cause I am not learning anything new. I go with my pen and notepad every Sunday to learn but end up hearing same thing in different ways. angry

I know we still have good churches out there but these bad one are so much and are poisoning the mind of Christians.
Its better to wait for the master's drink no matter how long it takes than drink the freshest wine that is toxic

2 Likes

Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by BeauHomme: 11:42am On Nov 28, 2016
And what's wrong with someone paying tithe online. Money is money, payment is payment, whether in person or online. I see no reason for all this fuss.

Once upon a time, people also criticized pastors who preached from tablets. They queried why they didn't preach from paper-bound bibles. Today, no one speaks of that anymore. Also, once upon a time, you were labelled a carnal brother if you wore jeans to church. If a lady wore trousers, she was seen as being lost to the world. Assorted musical instruments and nice church auditorium finishes were regarded carnal. But today, the same critics sometimes wear jean trousers or jean jackets (or both) even to minister. They raise hundreds of millions for their building projects, they purchase assorted musical instruments, and so on.

Times change and so do methods of doing things. When Abraham gave tithe in Genesis 14, he didn't stuff currency notes in an envelop to present to Melchizedek, he gave "a tenth of the spoils" (which of course, were tangible objects). Times change, the most important should be that you gave your tithe (if you believe in such). The method used is just secondary. The same way the laws of God (the gospel) was first on tablets of stone, then in scrolls, then in paper-bound printed materials (bibles), then on electronic gadgets (tablets and phones). Whether on stone tablets or scrolls or electronic gadgets, God's word still holds its efficacy and will still work for you if you use it appropriately. Whether you present a tenth of the yams in your barn, or stuff a tenth of your income in an envelop or transfer a tenth of you 'credit alert' to your church's account, it makes no difference. Over time and generations, methods change.

If you don't tithe, then just ignore tithing (and every method it comes in) and ignore tithers when they do their thing. Baba Freeze better get a life.

1 Like

Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 28, 2016
chynie:

malachi 3 vs 10
you're quoting an old testament order to the levites for me to answer the question of where Christ mandated his people to bring 10% of the head of Caesar they make monthly ??

1 Like

Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 28, 2016
chynie:

shame on you.
You have no excuse again

2 Likes

Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by Markachi666(m): 11:46am On Nov 28, 2016
Ask4diva:
During my camp days, I went for mass nd the father was like only the people dat were in front for their tithe offering should God bless.. And I was like what kind of prayer is dat?
Do Catholics pay tithe?

1 Like

Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by chynie: 11:46am On Nov 28, 2016
Stupedinluv:
shame on you.
You have no excuse again

It is a command but God still gave u free will to obey or disobey
So do as u wish
Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by mrvitalis(m): 11:47am On Nov 28, 2016
kingobozy:
I see absolutely nothing wrong in creating an app that members can use to pay their tithe. It's God's commandment that we pay our tithe and sometimes your tithe can enter into thousands of naira. With cashless policies and all it would be quite difficult to pay in cash so going cashless can come in handy in this case.

I think where Freeze and other hypocritical people will come in is that the church is trying to extol their members. They have forgotten that CHANGE is CONSTANT.
Were in the Bible is it written that we should psy tites.. . We were only instructed to use tites eat things we lust after in the house of God and remember the poor n perist.. . Dect 14vs 22 down.. So i don't know if people read Bible at all

1 Like

Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by mmsen: 11:48am On Nov 28, 2016
kingobozy:
I see absolutely nothing wrong in creating an app that members can use to pay their tithe. It's God's commandment that we pay our tithe and sometimes your tithe can enter into thousands of naira. With cashless policies and all it would be quite difficult to pay in cash so going cashless can come in handy in this case.

I think where Freeze and other hypocritical people will come in is that the church is trying to extol their members. They have forgotten that CHANGE is CONSTANT.

Which commandment says that people should tithe?

2 Likes

Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by martineverest(m): 11:56am On Nov 28, 2016
seunny4lif:

Give the money to homeless people and see maybe you wouldn't be blessed
infact,u just said what jesus said in mattew 25 v35-40

1 Like

Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 28, 2016
Tolexander:
Apps for tithe, but many of them won't think of developing the app for devotional bible reading and how to grow and be steadfast in spirit

freeze keeping depopulation heaven and populate hell Na God go judge you,do your OAP work and stop minding God's business ,people are getting bless with testimonies you are in the studio grumbling with your small salary
Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by NairaMaster1(m): 11:59am On Nov 28, 2016
Freeze human Rights activist. Better meet the churches or go to court sir
Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by aalangel(f): 11:59am On Nov 28, 2016
Senseless Freeze....
Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by NairaMaster1(m): 12:02pm On Nov 28, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
I fear for christianity...

Some people kill and destroy for their religion and still have new converts upon blood but here is Christianity where people wail over N500 tight.
Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by martineverest(m): 12:02pm On Nov 28, 2016
chynie:

that's not tithe, that is humanitarian.
tithe must be paid to the house of God to cater for God's servants as God himself instructed
when did bible say tithes are meant for pastors and co?

Read the books of leveticus,number and deuteronomy...they dealt xtensively on tithing and its uses......infact,tithing is meant for tithers,the poor etc....this is d major reasons y these pastors dont use those aformentioned books when preaching about tithing

Tithing was abolished in new testament.

1 Like

Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by rhektor(m): 12:06pm On Nov 28, 2016
Freeze with frozen brain.
What is your problem with this? Were you forced to do it?
What importance are to those in your family? Why not face your jobless ass
Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by BermudaTriangle(m): 12:12pm On Nov 28, 2016
EWAagoyin:
the only pastor worthy of tithe according to me na tb Joshua the charity that man does is out of this world.

FYI: I'm not in anyway endorsing him or goes to his church infact I'm a Muslim just speaking for what I saw him doing to help people. #peace

But se a le ri ewa agonyin je ? O pe ti a ti ri je gbehin
Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 28, 2016
99% of the NIGERIAN PENTECOSTAL CHURCHES are SHOPPING MALLS.........

that's if people will understand.

God can't dwell in such market places

2 Likes

Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by crazymommy(f): 12:14pm On Nov 28, 2016
kingobozy:

Una go just dey talk nonsense,and GOD said the tithe must be money??

1 Like

Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by Dhugal: 12:15pm On Nov 28, 2016
DavidTheGeek:

Your stuupidity is outta this world.

If he wants to pay "tithe", then he should do it the way the bible asked him to pay "tithe" - pay it to the church.

Giving to the needy is not "tithe".
Actually,giving to the needy is tithe.Unless you want to tell me God himself doesn't know what He's saying.Deut.14:29,26:12
Nowhere in the Bible did God command paying tithe to the 'church'.Tithe was never money,but agricultural produce,Deut.14:22-26.
The practice of bringing such produce to the temple,to be distributed to the Levites who had no inheritance and the needy, was instituted by King Hezekiah of Judah.It wasn't an ordinance of the Law.That practice was what Malachi alluded to,the quote of which you people have grossly taken out of context.

1 Like

Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by EWAagoyin(m): 12:17pm On Nov 28, 2016
BermudaTriangle:

But se a le ri ewa agonyin je ? O pe ti a ti ri je gbehin
grin grin é mu òwò wa ki lo ba yin ra wa

1 Like

Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by Whobedatte(m): 12:41pm On Nov 28, 2016
tolexy007:
grin that is y i always thank God for my church Apostolic Faith Church, nothing like by force tithe.....
Guy, u b APO ni?
what's your surname?
which branch?
Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by Enyimbamercedes: 12:49pm On Nov 28, 2016
PENTERASCALS[size=18pt][/size]

1 Like

Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by tolexy007(m): 12:50pm On Nov 28, 2016
Whobedatte:
Guy, u b APO ni?
what's your surname?
which branch?

yes oo confrirm APO, na Anthony branch
Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by malcomvee: 12:50pm On Nov 28, 2016
chynie:

The man you quoted is correct.. Tithing was a man made law born out of the theocracy practiced at the time.. Ask your self.. Why were all the other mosaic laws abolished and not used by Christians but the pastors somehow dug out tithing to satisfy their greed? Are the pastors purely levies? Do they not have inheritance and businesses nowadays? Do not be a zombie Christian.. God has given us brain to think. And you are Roman Catholic in name.. Im sure you sneak from one Pentecostal church to the other....its written all over your posts.. Practical Christian kor

2 Likes

Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 28, 2016
lady2lady:
Drop Your Whatsapp Number in this Thread !!

»»

www.nairaland.com/3486399/rapsing-lets-rock-voices-whatsapp#3486399.6

If really you can Sing,Rap or You've got any talent.

It's gona be fun ... Madt fun !!

what's it all about
Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by rosalieene(f): 1:16pm On Nov 28, 2016
Ask4diva:
During my camp days, I went for mass nd the father was like only the people dat were in front for their tithe offering should God bless.. And I was like what kind of prayer is dat?
you served in Ogun state?
Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by fejicruz(m): 1:16pm On Nov 28, 2016
God bless you

shaddai260:
To pay tithe and give offering no be by force. Na dos wey no they pay tithe come dey complain pass.
Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by Whobedatte(m): 1:52pm On Nov 28, 2016
tolexy007:

yes oo confrirm APO, na Anthony branch
LOL. OK. I be former APO sha .... Does the name Seidu ring a bell? if yes, then you already will know me
Re: Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App by Ask4diva(f): 2:06pm On Nov 28, 2016
rosalieene:

you served in Ogun state?
No, I want to live dat anonymous.. Things are happening

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ezzy Of Planet TV Slams Tekno For Being Rude, Says "Wizkid's Manager Was Right" / Jude Okoye And Family Take Cute Selfie / Mercy Aigbe In Afro 2006 Vs 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.