Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Moderator Please Reopen This Thread - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Moderator Please Reopen This Thread (592 Views)

Buhari Promises To Reopen Cases Of Political Assassination-punch / Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend / Iraq Wants Nigeria To Reopen Embassy In Baghdad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Moderator Please Reopen This Thread by Nchara: 6:32pm On Nov 08, 2009
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-348881.0.html

I saw the topic in the above web link and wanted to contribute to it. I feel we should be free to discuss it, whether anybody's ox is gored or not. We are talking about a culture which is now being tacked by a brave woman and we so called men (and women) want to shy away from it? Please reopen the thread. Nothing on the surface of the earth should be a no go area. Freedom of speech it is.  Or at best move it to the appropriate section. Thanks.
Re: Moderator Please Reopen This Thread by Duduknight(m): 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2009
Why should it be opened? So that you display your usual tribalistic predisposition?
Re: Moderator Please Reopen This Thread by Nchara: 7:52pm On Nov 08, 2009
Duduknight:

Why should it be opened? So that you display your usual tribalistic predisposition?

There is nothing like tribalism here. We cannot always shy away from the truth because it hurts. Everything is up for debate and the woman who exposed this secret goings-on on the page of a newspaper is no fool neither is she less of  a Yoruba than you. Anyways, I have sent this topic to some Nigerian Yahoo groups and it is already eliciting good responses from everyone. Many good Yorubas are genuinely disturbed by the revelation an so only someone with a hidden agenda will attempt to censor something which is already in the public domain
Re: Moderator Please Reopen This Thread by Duduknight(m): 8:01pm On Nov 08, 2009
Nchara:

There is nothing like tribalism here. We cannot always shy away from the truth because it hurts. Everything is up for debate and the woman who exposed this secret goings-on on the page of a newspaper is no fool neither is she less of  a Yoruba than you. Anyways, I have sent this topic to some Nigerian Yahoo groups and it is already eliciting good responses from everyone. Many good Yorubas are genuinely disturbed by the revelation an so only someone with a hidden agenda will attempt to censor something which is already in the public domain

What are going on about? Are you a non-African? Unless you want to be mischievous and naive, then you can pretend not to be aware of the secret activities that occur whenever an African king passes on. As far as you are concerned, this is an opportunity that should not be missed; you just want to bash the Yoruba as usual. Any African, born and bred, is aware of the secret activities unless he/she wants to be disingenous.
Re: Moderator Please Reopen This Thread by Nchara: 8:04pm On Nov 08, 2009
Duduknight:

What are going on about? Are you a non-African? Unless you want to be mischievous and naive, then you can pretend not to be aware of the secret activities that occur whenever an African king passes on. As far as you are concerned, this is an opportunity that should not be missed; you just want to bash the Yoruba as usual. Any African, born and bred, is aware of the secret activities unless he/she wants to be disingenous.

No. I am not aware of any such secret activity going on. Many Yoruba also are not aware, as is evident from the responses on the yahoo groups.
Re: Moderator Please Reopen This Thread by ikeyman00(m): 10:59pm On Nov 08, 2009
@@@@@

seconded; the thread should be allowed

yorubas are disgracing us
Re: Moderator Please Reopen This Thread by pcicero(m): 1:32am On Nov 09, 2009
ikeyman00:

@@@@@

seconded; the thread should be allowed

yorubas are disgracing us

As if we were not disgraced enough with your Otokoto and Okija shrines. Has cannibalism stopped in Abriba?
Re: Moderator Please Reopen This Thread by Nobody: 1:41am On Nov 09, 2009
i dont know of any Yoruba who is unaware of the matter under discussion.

unless they lived a very sheltered life or never lived in nigeria.

besides, in parts of africa, animal meat is substituted for those who DO hold to such practices.

i dont think its a common thing throughout most of yorubaland and besides, Yorubas are enlightened to a great extent.

The Yoruba king driving tour buses in new york- does he seem like the type who would hold on to such ARCHAIC  practices.

there are many more like him.

so, dear OP, I'm afraid you're giving yourself a splitting headache for nothing.

of course i stand corrected if i'm wrong

not saying yorubas dont do fetish- but this particular one  is very arguable and should definitely be stopped if ANYONE ANYWHERE is guilty of such.
Re: Moderator Please Reopen This Thread by pcicero(m): 1:48am On Nov 09, 2009
None of you bothered to ask how Christopher Columbus influenced a traditional practice in Africa or Yorubaland in particular.
Re: Moderator Please Reopen This Thread by RichyBlacK(m): 2:24am On Nov 09, 2009
Nchara:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-348881.0.html

I saw the topic in the above web link and wanted to contribute to it. I feel we should be free to discuss it, whether anybody's ox is gored or not. We are talking about a culture which is now being tacked by a brave woman and we so called men (and women) want to shy away from it? Please reopen the thread. Nothing on the surface of the earth should be a no go area. Freedom of speech it is.  Or at best move it to the appropriate section. Thanks.

Reopened.

(1)

Stop Paying Ransom To Kidnappers (IGP Of Police Onovo) / Erosion Is Killing Us, Say South-east Governors / Despite D Negative Aspersions Cast On Nigeria By D Diasporians, Will U Give Up?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.