Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,845 members, 7,851,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:41 AM

7 Things You Should Never Do On The First Date! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Things You Should Never Do On The First Date! (691 Views)

My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill / What's The Most Outrageous Demand A Girl Has Ever Made From You On A First Date? / Kayan Mata : 7 Things You Must Do Before Using Sex Enjoyment Potions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things You Should Never Do On The First Date! by RelationshipPro: 11:49pm On Nov 28, 2016
The first date will set the tone of your relationship. If you avoid the following seven things then your first date will leave a very favorable impression on your partner and he/she will readily date you again. These are things that you should avoid to make the date a pleasant experience for your partner.

Not confirming your date
This is the most common mistake that young people make. It is rude to take your partner for granted and also shows that you are a poor communicator. Never assume that your partner will show up no matter what. A quick phone call to confirm will go a long way in making your date successful.

Arrive late
Arriving late on your first date highlights the fact that you are not serious about the other person and leaves a bad impression on him/her. Leave a favorable impression on your date by being on time or better still ahead of the designated time.

Dress casually/shabbily
There is a difference in being dressed casually and being dressed informally. If you turn up in clothes that are not fit for the occasion then it reflects very poorly on you. Dress smartly and smell even better.

Failing to make eye contact
Never avoid making eye contact with your date. It shows that you are not interested in the person and are not interested in what he/she says. You need to make your partner feel that he/she is the most important person, so be attentive to all that he/she says.

Not complimenting your date
Remember your date must have spent sleepless nights thinking what to wear for the date therefore if you don't compliment your date on her/his dress, hair, or other accessories he/she will think that you are not interested in the date.

Not laughing at his/her jokes
Ignoring your date's jokes shows that you are snobbish. If your date is being humorous or narrating a joke it is merely to make you feel comfortable and happy. A hearty laugh will not spoil your day.

Attempting physical contact
If you try and get too close to your date he/she will get uncomfortable and the date will be over even before it began. Maintain a distance and talk politely. Aggressive attempts at getting close to the other person will only prove that your interest lies only in a physical relationship. Once you have dated for a few times you will get all the chances to get close and physical.

Watch this video for more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbQsahB6jes

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Never Do On The First Date! by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 28, 2016
More power 2 ur elbow, OP...Yet, som of ur points don't move me undecided . In addition, neva try being too realistic on ur 1st date, it sucks cool. D hidden truth/fact is dat no man is totally dead wit Christ grin. Even our SISTERs do appreciate romantic guyz cheesy. Na lie? To mai fellows who commented below, don't 10k me 4 d LIKES, I'm a cheerful liker grin ask tosyne2much. To doz who av bin askin, d fuss abt FTC is dat.....wait....make I check dis bank alert.....
Re: 7 Things You Should Never Do On The First Date! by letsbet(m): 11:53pm On Nov 28, 2016
8. Don't go on a date if you are almost broke. A date-night in your crip is no crime.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Never Do On The First Date! by littlewonders: 12:01am On Nov 29, 2016
Abeg what is date? Is it not to have sex and go if it continues it becomes dating?

Why all these rules stated above

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Things You Should Never Do On The First Date! by samuelson06(m): 12:33am On Nov 29, 2016
Everyday we keep learning without applying the things we learn to improve our lives. Never knew Toke could become an author today as a result of a failed marriage relationship. But would she learn even from her book? Solomon Akiyesi is already making plans for a 3rd marriage but what's the guarantee that he would never try again the 4th time? We always want to try something without minding the knowledge needed to make that thing work and when it fails, we look for what to blame. We never learn.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Never Do On The First Date! by tosyne2much(m): 7:19am On Nov 29, 2016
Adegbenro7643:
More power 2 ur elbow, OP...Yet, som of ur points don't move me undecided . In addition, neva try being too realistic on ur 1st date, it sucks cool. D hidden truth/fact is dat no man is totally dead wit Christ grin. Even our SISTERs do appreciate romantic guyz cheesy. Na lie? To mai fellows who commented below, don't 10k me 4 d LIKES, I'm a cheerful liker grin ask tosyne'2much. To doz who av bin askin, d fuss abt FTC is dat.....wait....make I check dis bank alert.....
Egbon I congratulate you oooo... Me sef never know the day wey I go be FTC oooo cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Is The Ideal Number Of Sexual Partners, According To Science / intimacy gadgets, Love Machine, Dick Enlargement Pills, Available For Ladies And Gents 7a7dc526 / Nairanland Girls Are Fake Girls.they Got Nothing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.