Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography (17017 Views)

Read How Igbos Humilated Ikwerres For Not Supporting Biafra In Elechi Amadi's Au / Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning / PDP Against Igbo Presidency – APC Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by omonnakoda: 12:50am On Dec 01, 2016
bigfrancis21:

How did you know this when you do not speak nor understand Ikwerre? Don't you think you're being ridiculous?

You made a claim, can you provide evidence THAT IKWERRE HAS A DIFFERENT LEXICON?

Let us start from there.
There is published research on the matter,the leading authority in the field was a woman called Kay Williamson who was the foremost academic authority on Igboid languages before she died. If you have not heard of her than you have a long way to go. Ask ChinenyeN to enlighten you

7 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by omonnakoda: 12:53am On Dec 01, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Like I said you are not brain worthy to prove anything to you.
You can only pretend for so long before you show your true colours. I am surprised it has taken this long

6 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by Dhugal: 12:58am On Dec 01, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Like I said you are not brain worthy to prove anything to you.
Jesus,you're just realizing this?. Give it a rest,stop giving the thing attention.Its

4 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by bigfrancis21: 1:04am On Dec 01, 2016
omonnakoda:
There is published research on the matter,the leading authority in the field was a woman called Kay Williamson who was the foremost academic authority on Igboid languages before she died. If you have not heard of her than you have a long way to go. Ask ChinenyeN to enlighten you

That's still not your evidence is it? kikikiki grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by bigfrancis21: 1:05am On Dec 01, 2016
Dhugal:

Jesus,you're just realizing this?.
Give it a rest,stop giving the thing attention.Its

My brother ehh, sometimes you just gotta deal with trolls. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by omonnakoda: 1:10am On Dec 01, 2016
bigfrancis21:

That's still not your evidence is it? kikikiki grin grin grin
Nearly funny

4 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by Dhugal: 1:13am On Dec 01, 2016
bigfrancis21:

My brother ehh, sometimes you just gotta deal with trolls. grin grin
It dealt with itself already,what with all the foolishness it littered this thread with.

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by naijaking1: 1:22am On Dec 01, 2016
omonnakoda:

So why was Ogbakor Ikwerre created?
Why did this incident in Port Harcourt in 1963 happen

Why did the Ikwerre insist on their own Bible?

FYI. ogbakor is an Igbo word for 'meeting'
Ogbako Ikwere, ogbako Owerri, Ogbakor Nnewi, Ogbakor Asaba didn't mean they're breaking away from Igbo.
There was the Afikpo bible, Nsukka Bible, and of course the most popular Umuahia Bible==>based on dialets, not languages.

7 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by Nobody: 1:39am On Dec 01, 2016
omonnakoda:
Jesus after all was a Jew of Hebrew descent did he speak Hebrew?
Better not bring Jesus into your hopeless twaddle

1 Like

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by Nobody: 1:53am On Dec 01, 2016
bigfrancis21:

First, that was not me. Second, I just reviewed her ban log now and the offence for which the moderator (whom I won't mention his name) banned her was grave as she made a very tribalistic comment, against the rules of nairaland.
HopeAtHand the woman. I knew it. Always arguing like a sissy. |}i@+<#

1 Like

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 01, 2016
bigfrancis21:

That's immaterial because your examples are different languages. Lingistically, Ikwerre still remains classified as an Igbo dialect. That's just what it is. Politically, it may claim something else but linguistically it is an Igbo dialect. You do not have to agree with me nor reply me though.

But you speak English with a Nigerian accent, does that make you an English man or because Americans speak mostly English does that make them British and Mexicans speak Spanish does that make them Spaniards or Brazilians speak Portuguese does that make them Portuguese citizens?

Be wise, Ikwerres say they are not Igbos, they have traced their ancestry, you shouldn't try to ignore that or claim that they are unserious, learn to respect others identity

7 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by omonnakoda: 7:15am On Dec 01, 2016
iSlayer2:

Better not bring Jesus into your hopeless twaddle
I am not a psychiatrist, wrong number

4 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 01, 2016
The Ikwerre can to hell belong to themselves or wherever. It doesn't matter. All the argument are not necessary. There is nothing for the Igbo to gain by having the Ikwerre declare they are one of us. It's all cosmetic impact and no advantage whatsoever. One common denominator however, is that no matter how much the Ikwerre distance themselves those who hate the Igbo also hate them to the same degree because they don't buy the perception that Ikwerre is not Igbo. How can we explain that 90% of Port Harcourt city belong to the Okirika. Most of Ikwerri land was converted by their neighbours because they were helpless.

7 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by GTkester: 9:44am On Dec 01, 2016
@bigfrancis, please pity that hopeless troll 'omonakoda' or whatever the nonsense handle he goes by. You're too big to engage these illiterate trolls. BTW, thanks for your 'educative' posts.

4 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by lyricalpontiff(m): 9:51am On Dec 01, 2016
jomonic:
The Ikwerre can to hell belong to themselves or wherever. It doesn't matter. All the argument are not necessary. There is nothing for the Igbo to gain by having the Ikwerre declare they are one of us. It's all cosmetic impact and no advantage whatsoever. One common denominator however, is that no matter how much the Ikwerre distance themselves those who hate the Igbo also hate them to the same degree because they don't buy the perception that Ikwerre is not Igbo. How can we explain that 90% of Port Harcourt city belong to the Okirika. Most of Ikwerri land was converted by their neighbours because they were helpless.

U r a certified slowpoke and phooooool, ignoramus and illiterate

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by PFRB: 10:08am On Dec 01, 2016
jomonic:

Gbaaaaaammmmmmm

5 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by CeterisXVII: 10:17am On Dec 01, 2016
waternogetenemy:
@CeterisXVII: wat does this comment sound like to u? if i respond, i am a tribalist? We react not initiate.

Every tribal war is started by a yoruba prfessional thread pusher and we cannot allow such statement slide as other readers might be misled.

You chaps do both. You react and you initiate tribalistic comments on this forum. The minute anybody disagrees with your statement, you automatically label him a Yoruba man. Are they the only ethnic group in Nigeria, or is it a crime to hold a different view?

In your previous statement , you said the Yoruba should cease to exist - and you don't think that is tribalistic?

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by CeterisXVII: 10:20am On Dec 01, 2016
GTkester:
@bigfrancis, please pity that hopeless troll 'omonakoda' or whatever the nonsense handle he goes by. You're too big to engage these illiterate trolls. BTW, thanks for your 'educative' posts.

See another one here. Do you even know what a troll is? And who is the illiterate one here? You? What educative input have you contributed to the discussion, since the beginning of this thread? And you have the mouth to be labelling others as 'illiterate trolls.' I beg, park well.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 01, 2016
lyricalpontiff:

U r a certified slowpoke and phooooool, ignoramus and illiterate

Truth tastes like bitter kola but is efficacious in the treatment of acquired self-deception syndrome.

5 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 01, 2016
rusher14:

Even Urhobos bear the name.
Ehen, even the Okoro in Malaysia awaiting the hangman noose is Urhobo undecided cheesy cheesy
Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by rusher14: 10:35am On Dec 01, 2016
blues2022:

Ehen, even the Okoro in Malaysia awaiting the hangman noose is Urhobo undecided cheesy cheesy
Possible.
Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 01, 2016
rusher14:

Possible.
If I hear una abuse Igbo for here again... on drug waka.... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by rusher14: 10:54am On Dec 01, 2016
blues2022:

If I hear una abuse Igbo for here again... on drug waka.... cheesy cheesy cheesy

They usually declare their states of origin in any case.
Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by ak47mann(m): 11:30am On Dec 01, 2016
This ikwere Igbo talk should belong in the bin no one cares cool

1 Like

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by ZoneBslayer(m): 11:44am On Dec 01, 2016
this hackneyed and divisive thread has been regurgitated again by the Op..isn't it ironic that I, an Igbo man from ikwuano in the present day Abia state, can't understand the unadulterated igbo dialect of the ohafia man who happens to share the same ancestral land(and state) with me....BUT I can fully understand what Duncan mighty a proud ikwerre man says in his songs..hide it as much as you want, but the truth will always shine brighter than the sun..peace out.

8 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by Justiceleague1: 12:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
bigfrancis21:

First, that was not me. Second, I just reviewed her ban log now and the offence for which the moderator (whom I won't mention his name) banned her was grave as she made a very tribalistic comment, against the rules of nairaland.

come on,man,you ought notta respond to that troublesome fella,aint u a mod in Culture section? We all know the mods in politics section and you aint one one them.
Op,ikwerre and igbos are brethren. The separatists that wanna cause friction amongst eastern and ss brethren should take a trip to the lagoon. grin

6 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by DonXavi(m): 12:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
W
Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by lyricalpontiff(m): 12:55pm On Dec 01, 2016
ZoneBslayer:
this hackneyed and divisive thread has been regurgitated again by the Op..isn't it ironic that I, an Igbo man from ikwuano in the present day Abia state, can't understand the unadulterated igbo dialect of the ohafia man who happens to share the same ancestral land(and state) with me....BUT I can fully understand what Duncan mighty a proud ikwerre man says in his songs..hide it as much as you want, but the truth will always shine brighter than the sun..peace out.

Language is never a criteria in determining culture and identity. Language can be influenced by many factors like trade, conquest etc but origin can be different just like this case. We are not business like as the igbos and our cultures like masquerades and food are never the same.
Assuming but not conceding that we are the same,in our present world. If majority of the Ikwerres agree not to be part of the igbo formation will it be a crime? Are we bound to always accept what we don't like? Is it by force?

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by Olabestonic001(m): 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
waternogetenemy:

ur not from Rivers, u are from the SW or western minority. i can bet my car keys on dat.

Everyone that does not agree with you guys assertion is 'always from the SW'. You guys needs to do a long introspection oooooooo. You want to disagree with Nigeria but you want no-one to disagree with you; is that sensible enough undecided

4 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by ZoneBslayer(m): 2:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
lyricalpontiff:

Language is never a criteria in determining culture and identity. Language can be influenced by many factors like trade, conquest etc but origin can be different just like this case. We are not business like as the igbos and our cultures like masquerades and food are never the same.
Assuming but not conceding that we are the same,in our present world. If majority of the Ikwerres agree not to be part of the igbo formation will it be a crime? Are we bound to always accept what we don't like? Is it by force?
I knew about the ikwerres for the first time in 2012(yes that recent)... so I really don't give a hoot who identifies or doesn't with the great Igbo nation...I find it repulsive though, that an ikwerre leader like amaechi used his 'Igbo identity' in soliciting for votes for buhari in Abia state..you associate with Igbo's when you want something from them and deny them the next day..I also find it amusing when someone says he isn't Igbo, but answers amaechi and speaks the Igbo language.. how can you bear the name, culture and speak the language of a people and still say you aren't part of them..then what on God's green earth can I use to identify you??

8 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by ukenke: 3:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
Can that explain why Ikwerre's are backward. No future for their youth. #Lazy
Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by omonnakoda: 3:33pm On Dec 01, 2016
I have a problem with Eboes bearing names like Hygienus, Romanus and Gringory and then speaking English language but then claim they are not English.That is very sinful. Who does that?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kudos, Knocks As Governors Hit First 100 Days In Office / Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month / Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.