Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. (64447 Views)

FBI: 20,737 Victims Of Scam Mails Lost $1.2bn / UNIPORT Criminology Graduate Caught Stealing In GTBank In Port-Harcourt. Photos / Armed Robbers Attack Gtbank In Surulere, Lagos In Broad Daylight, Shoot Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by Caveatemptor(m): 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2016
Mimzyy:
May I ask why? @ the emboldened.

Mimzy,
Just accept what I have told you or dig into history.

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by Mimzyy(f): 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2016
Caveatemptor:

Mimzy,
Just accept what I have told you or dig into history.

It just doesn't seem fair to me. Oh well...

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by Caveatemptor(m): 4:53pm On Dec 19, 2016
Mimzyy:

It just doesn't seem fair to me. Oh well...

Life is not fair but we learn to take it like that.
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by bunmiano: 9:57pm On Dec 19, 2016
POSTEMAIL,it happened to me nt quite long,i can help u,its very easy,email me if u need d procedure to avoid unnecessary charges by the police
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by postemail: 10:01pm On Dec 19, 2016
Caveatemptor:

If you are waiting for a thread like this to grace the front page,you are on a looonnngg thing.
@OP,
While I sympathise with your loss,your best bet is to take your battle to the doorstep of your foes-GTB and Etisalat. Continue to post your complaints on all their social media pages. On the other hand if you want more people on Nairaland to read your story follow asany people as possible and then share your posts or get people who already have a lot of followers to share your post.

Hi Caveatemptor, welcome. Please do share with your followers if you can. That will be appreciated.

Well, I'm fighting this fraud case the best that I can. My folks on Nairaland are also helping like Mojeks and dipoolowoo. I hope you could help too.
I can't really quit my day job and raise placards at GTB HQ... That will be suicidal. For now, I'm kinda chasing these GTB guys with petitions and letters; Not forgetting prayers.

Please do share any tips that could me help me prod GTB to pay back my 260,000.

Thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by postemail: 10:04pm On Dec 19, 2016
bunmiano:
POSTEMAIL,it happened to me nt quite long,i can help u,its very easy,email me if u need d procedure to avoid unnecessary charges by the police

Hi bunmiano ... Welcome to the thread. I will definitely mail you tonight. Please do share your story here so that other people on here could learn how best to protect their accounts. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by bunmiano: 10:12pm On Dec 19, 2016
postemail:

Hi bunmiano ... Welcome to the thread. I will definitely mail you tonight. Please do share your story here so that other people on here could learn how best to protect their accounts. Thanks
i will do that tomorrow,am busy right nw
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by postemail: 8:54am On Dec 20, 2016
Got a tweet from GTBank.

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by postemail: 8:56am On Dec 20, 2016
Immediately sent them a mail @ e-fraudteam.... But mail not delivered... GTB MAILBOX IS FULL!!

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by bunmiano: 11:04am On Dec 20, 2016
OP,you failed to honour my mail
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by alezzy13: 2:56pm On Dec 20, 2016
this is really surprising and very very disappointing coming from gtb.

they're supposed to be more effective and responsive than this.

tho they keep flooding my mail and text about the ussd command, I've never used it because, like others rightly observed, it doesn't seem very secure. the internet platform or mobile app is better

I've been using their internet platform for over 5yrs without any major issues.

regarding security, a login password, secret word and token are all needed for a transfer to be effected. so it's preety tight.

I truly hope u get ur money back.
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by Osyxcel(m): 7:45pm On Dec 20, 2016
postemail:
Immediately sent them a mail @ e-fraudteam.... But mail not delivered... GTB MAILBOX IS FULL!!

I'm sure some of the recipients linked to the email received it. It's just one of them that the delivery failed.
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by postemail: 10:03pm On Dec 22, 2016
Hello guys,

I think we may have some traction on this issue. See below a mail from GTB's E-payment support.

Many thanks to dipoolowoo for mounting media pressure on this issue. Many many thanks.

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by postemail: 10:08pm On Dec 22, 2016
Also a bit of pressure from CBN's CPD. Here is a mail from them.
Many thanks mojeks !

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by postemail: 10:12pm On Dec 22, 2016
It appears we are at a cusp of getting funds (260,000) reversed to my account. Fingers crossed!
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by rydow(m): 4:12pm On Dec 23, 2016
postemail:
It appears we are at a cusp of getting funds (260,000) reversed to my account. Fingers crossed!

Nice One. Happy Holiday!
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by warribloood: 1:03pm On Dec 25, 2016
Come on keep us updated
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by Jessestunch: 7:24am On Dec 26, 2016
Flaghouse1:
Sorry for your loss,the candid truth is that it's an insider job-GTB & ETISALAT staff,your. Number was blocked and swapped to be able to perpetrate this fraud, a teller in GTB gave your bank details to the fraudster,looking at these young chaps in the banking hall and connect centre with their "pencil like trouser and starched shirt" will make you believe they are innocent.

I had a similar incident in 2008 in Ilorin , I normallly do large deposits on weekly basis into my account in INTERCONTIMENTAL BANK ,a young teller normally attend to me and we formed a kind of friendly relationship that I was always attended to swiftly and will always give him "lunch money " on every visit to the bank,some day later my number was blocked I could not receive or make calls for over 24 hours ,I visted the connect centre for resolution ,only to be told the line is in use in lagos while I am physically present in Ilorin.I brought out my sim pack and authorized the number to be blocked,only to be told that it's not possible-sensed connivance, I immediately called the account officer with my other number to intimidate Her of the development,only to be told that she needs confirmation to authorize transfer of some huge funds.i just declined approval before she could get down to get the initiator of the fake transfer arrested the guy has left the banking hall.
In summary it's an inside job,

Omo see Nigerians oh... That's why I don't envy people's glory without knowing their story.. Only God knows how long this scam has been going on...
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by Jessestunch: 7:25am On Dec 26, 2016
What are the mods waiting for to move this sensitive issue to the front page? OP I suggest you attach a picture of snake to your story or probably add the word snake to your subject and watch the speed at which it will hit the front page
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by Appliedmaths(m): 2:30pm On Dec 26, 2016
Following... All the Best OP.
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by dayleke: 5:19pm On Dec 26, 2016
OP,
Please keep us updated o....
Good luck again.....
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by MisterMan(m): 3:26am On Dec 27, 2016
postemail:

Morning Nutase.
I know I have been super careful in my bank dealings. I don't do online(computer) banking. I don't do banking on my smart phone. In fact I use an old "dumb" Nokia touch phone for my GTB transaction (*737#). See photo. How careful can this get? I don't even use my ATM card. It's tucked away in my safe. I just memorized the last four digits of my ATM card. I have never lost my "Nokia touch" phone. I mean, I think I have been super careful knowing that my business transaction are done on this GTB account.

Now Etisalat have my photo and finger print. How can someone else use another SIM to swap my number if not with an insider at one of their experience centers as they are called?

How can a bank use the last four digits of an ATM card as a pin with no option of changing this default pin? I know guys working in the industry and it's possible for a not-so-high ranking staffer to see an ATM card number on finacle.

Bro, how have I been careless?
Fraud everywhere. I want to relate my experience to buttress what Postemail said. GTB insiders have been using *737# to scam me. I am also very careful, never lost my phone and it is always with me. My Card is always tucked away in a safe place, yet I get email notices that I recharged my phone while I never did. It is definitely an insider job. Take a look at this thread:
I have an interesting experience too. You can read it here: [url]https://www.nairaland.com/3539840/how-gtb-defraud-737-personal [/url]
Bottomline. Be very careful with the service
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 27, 2016
Guy, in this our country, I know they won't take it seriously. angry so pathetic. U will be calling n they'l be giving u false hope
postemail:

Na big wao!
In a situation like this one is left wondering, how does the system work? Will the police investigate after my deposition and police report? Will the bank ask the police to investigate? Will Etisalat conduct an in house investigate?

The truth is none of these companies have called me to gather more info to aid their investigation. It makes me feel like they don't care. Or to them 260,000 is a change. Well, I pray they get my more back. I need that money in this time of recession.
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 27, 2016
I would advice u get ur banks app, would av bn easier for u to block d atm tru d app, this is a tentative solution for anyone using such a bank. In fact once u r banking with any of them, get d app n make it function able, it's very easy to block ur atm tru d app.
postemail:

Hi Pidgin2.

It's not about registering your number. As long as you have a savings account with an ATM card and a telephone number(when you opened the account) registered with GTB, you are super vulnerable. All it takes the fraudster is swap your telephone number and use an inside contact at GTB to get your ATM card. With these two things he has absolute control of your account. He starts transferring money with *737#.

If your account does not have much funds in it, then don't bother. Otherwise cancel your ATM card to be safe. I learned the hard way
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 27, 2016
Guy send it to them asap, let em work on it
postemail:

Thanks Tosyne.

I'm trying my best to escalate this to a point that might force the two companies to respond. Since I submitted my police report and affidavit to their head office, none of them have called me. I really feel ignored.

Any better ideas on how to push this further? I don't do Facebook and Twitter. Thinking of sending my petition to CPC, CBN, and EFCC...good idea? How sending the story to these popular bloggers?

Let me know what y'all think
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by sinkhole: 9:54am On Dec 28, 2016
Can @seun or any of those mods explain what exactly disqualifies this thread from being a front page material?
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by postemail: 11:15am On Dec 29, 2016
Hello guys,

Do you know that the last four numbers of your ATM card are visible on POS receipt? And a fraudster with access to this receipt can use your last four digits to steal money from your account using the USSD platform.

I was at two places using my ATM card (not GTB card) for payment, and surprise, surprise.... The last four digits are visible on the receipt.. Very dangerous indeed! See attached photo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by sinkhole: 11:47am On Dec 29, 2016
Hi @postemail what is the situation of things now?
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by postemail: 7:37pm On Dec 29, 2016
sinkhole:
Hi @postemail what is the situation of things now?

Well, no major update; just a decline note from Consumer protection council to intervene in the case. According CPC, fraud falls outside their mandate.

Anyway, I'm glad they reviewed my petition and showed courtesy in their reply.

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by YOUNGELDER1(m): 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2016
postemail:
Hello guys,

Do you know that the last four numbers of your ATM card are visible on POS receipt? And a fraudster with access to this receipt can use your last four digits to steal money from your account using the USSD platform.

I was at two places using my ATM card (not GTB card) for payment, and surprise, surprise.... The last four digits are visible on the receipt.. Very dangerous indeed! See attached photo

Kingston Joe , Obadore thanks remind me not to use my cards when i eat at Kingston Joe .
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by postemail: 8:51pm On Dec 30, 2016
Helloooo fellas!!

We have a reversal! 260,215 reversed back to my account by GTB. Thank God!

Many thanks to mojeks for his "special support." You were indeed very helpful.

Many thanks to dipoolowoo. Thank you so much for taking up my case in the media.

Many thanks to Mr. T @ bunmiano . Your phone call and promise of legal assistance was very comforting. Thanks.

Many thanks to byteem . You schooled me on USSD.

More thanks to rydow , Osyxcel and YOUNGELDER1 .

Please let me know if y'all are in Lagos. I will place orders for Domino pizza for you guys on Sunday, and will pay for the delivery to your location of choice.

MANY THANKS, GUYS

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by Osyxcel(m): 8:55pm On Dec 30, 2016
postemail:
Helloooo fellas!!

We have a reversal! 260,215 reversed back to my account by GTB. Thank God!

Many thanks to mojeks for his "special support." You were indeed very helpful.

Many thanks to dipoolowoo. Thank you so much for taking up my case in the media.

Many thanks to Mr. T @ bunmiano . Your phone call and promise of legal assistance was very comforting. Thanks.

Many thanks to byteem . You schooled me on USSD.

More thanks to rydow , Osyxcel and YOUNGELDER1 .

Please let me know if y'all are in Lagos. I will place orders for Domino pizza for you guys on Sunday, and will pay for the delivery to your location of choice.

MANY THANKS, GUYS

Wow, Finally! Congrats! This wouldn't have been possible without the pressure mounted on them.

Congrats once again... A sweet New Year it's gonna be...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gang Raped Girl Dies In Ebonyi / My Girlfriend Refused To Have Sex With Me / Lady Used For Money Ritual Runs Mad In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.