Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,844 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Is Schooling In The North Way Easier Than Other Part Of The Country? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Schooling In The North Way Easier Than Other Part Of The Country? (817 Views)

Schooling In Nigeria Does Damage To The Brain, Girl Says / Who Here Is Schooling Or Working At Kwara State Polytechnic? / "Schooling In The UK Made Me Realise How Different Nigerian Lecturers Are" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Schooling In The North Way Easier Than Other Part Of The Country? by amzee(m): 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
Please share your thoughts on this..

Some say ‘’Schooling in the North is way easier than schooling in other part of the country’’

Do you agree with this or not?

Tell us why..

Is this an advantage or a disadvantage to the students and with this, will students from Northern part be able to compete with other
part of the country?
Re: Is Schooling In The North Way Easier Than Other Part Of The Country? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 30, 2016
you might not be motivated to do well where there is less competition
Re: Is Schooling In The North Way Easier Than Other Part Of The Country? by dunmotuscana(m): 6:38pm On Nov 30, 2016
Please don't get it wrong,schooling in the north is as challenging as u can think. I schooled in the north and some of my friends that came from the south thought it will be a less competitive place,please don't believe all that rubbish that northerners are not brilliant too.
The environment could be friendly and also watch where and what you do,once you do all the important things,you will be proud of yourself.
I'm a proud ABUSITE, left there abour 8yrs ago and I'm happy I did my time.

1 Like

Re: Is Schooling In The North Way Easier Than Other Part Of The Country? by Duraluminium: 9:23pm On Nov 30, 2016
Bros forget that one. I also thought an average Northerner until when I actually went there to attend ABU. Most of the illiterates never went to school but those of them who are educated are much much more intelligent that you may think. I graduated with 1st class btwgrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Schooling In The North Way Easier Than Other Part Of The Country? by CaptEColeJnr: 10:05pm On Nov 30, 2016
Of course ... Schooling in the north is much more easier..
1.Cheaper accommodation
2.Less competition
3.Low cost of living (compared to the south)
4.More friendly lecturers

Southern universities might be better off academically but it doesn't rule out the sadistic nature of lecturers coupled with their corrupt tendencies..
High cost of living,cultism and other factors.

But me personally, I prefer schooling in the south..
Re: Is Schooling In The North Way Easier Than Other Part Of The Country? by Nobody: 1:06am On Dec 01, 2016
Getting admission there is way easier.
Re: Is Schooling In The North Way Easier Than Other Part Of The Country? by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 01, 2016
Catalin:
Getting admission there is way easier.

Not always true. I have gone through A.B.U admission requirements process and I discovered it's tough compare to some southern university because of the maximum number of students that will be chosen in a particular course due to equality based on 36 states.
Re: Is Schooling In The North Way Easier Than Other Part Of The Country? by Johnholmes: 7:52am On Dec 01, 2016
Asides Abu and maybe unimaid,the other schools are loads of crap

Can u imagine a lecturer teaching in Hausa in some schools in the north because some students can't speak English. Even his ( the lecturer himself) spoken English is seriously questionable.
I was seriously shocked when I got to know this.
Make I no start naming schools.
Re: Is Schooling In The North Way Easier Than Other Part Of The Country? by CivilzedTyger(m): 12:53pm On Dec 21, 2016
Johnholmes:

Can u imagine a lecturer teaching in Hausa in some schools in the north because some students can't speak English. Even his ( the lecturer himself) spoken English is seriously questionable.
Have you been to BUK?
Re: Is Schooling In The North Way Easier Than Other Part Of The Country? by CivilzedTyger(m): 12:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
[quote author=CivilzedTyger post=52129674] Have you been to BUK? Have you heard of FUT Minna?
Re: Is Schooling In The North Way Easier Than Other Part Of The Country? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 21, 2016
And here they are undermining the north.Meanwhile the north dont trust degrees from the south,due to the high rate of sorting and wild spread malpractice..

1 Like

Re: Is Schooling In The North Way Easier Than Other Part Of The Country? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 21, 2016
Johnholmes:

. Use a passive sentence cos the bolded is more of a reported speech. Lolss! You know what I mean.
Modified. Just say,
'Just imagine a lecturer in some northern universities delivering his lecture in the Hausa language........'. I could pick another error if you want cos I'm a jossite.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hnd 2 Final Year Or Go For My Bsc 3yrs Direct Entry / Which Of The Following Sentences Is Grammatically Correct ? / America Set To Pass A Contorversial Law For High Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.