Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

When A Tenant Deliberately Refuses To Pay Rent - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / When A Tenant Deliberately Refuses To Pay Rent (17648 Views)

What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? / Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? / Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Tenant Deliberately Refuses To Pay Rent by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 03, 2016
ehinmowo:

The law of the federation supercedes any agreement. u cnt make an agreement in contradiction to the law. It becomes inadmissible in court. Else one could make an agreement to sell his child or use him as a collateral

Under the law a person is never a property.
Ok what about cars parked at owners risk.

Ok you rented a house and you were warned severely no water in that house. Can u sue the landlord for not giving you water.
Re: When A Tenant Deliberately Refuses To Pay Rent by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 03, 2016
blessedvisky:

I always wonder why poor people give birth to kids they know they can't raise properly. angry
It just annoys me they won't consider their income after they'll be crying and telling you how they're suffering ..

1 Like

Re: When A Tenant Deliberately Refuses To Pay Rent by AntiIPOOP(m): 4:59pm On Dec 03, 2016
IpobExposed:

Under the law a person is never a property.
Ok what about cars parked at owners risk.

Ok you rented a house and you were warned severely no water in that house. Can u sue the landlord for not giving you water.
Hy
Re: When A Tenant Deliberately Refuses To Pay Rent by Nuezha(m): 5:16pm On Dec 03, 2016
RullDee:
I wil simply pull off d roof especialy wen its a rainy season ;DI wil simply pull off d roof especialy wen its a rainy season

My former boss did that to his tenant in Abuja. He was sued; paid heavily for damages. The woman spent extra 2yrs before she moved. Be warned!
Re: When A Tenant Deliberately Refuses To Pay Rent by basadenet: 5:46pm On Dec 03, 2016
I am you are learned person who ought the right. You shouldn't have broken into their apartment under no circumstances. Try resolved the issue amicably if not you could end up in jail.
Re: When A Tenant Deliberately Refuses To Pay Rent by lollypeezle(m): 6:36pm On Dec 03, 2016
Lemme give u th best solution as an estate surveyor and valuer.
The best place to settle the case with small amount is ADR (Alternative dispute resolution), they have mediators who will call both parties and settle it amicably. Check the one at Lagos high court igbosere lag island for more details
Re: When A Tenant Deliberately Refuses To Pay Rent by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 03, 2016
AntiIPOOP:

Hy

AntiIpoop u see what your mods are doing
Re: When A Tenant Deliberately Refuses To Pay Rent by sonnie10: 7:12pm On Dec 03, 2016
How much are is 8 months rent for one room? People should help this tenant out instead of blowing grammar Ugandan here
Re: When A Tenant Deliberately Refuses To Pay Rent by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2016
RullDee:
I wil simply pull off d roof especialy wen its a rainy season ;DI wil simply pull off d roof especialy wen its a rainy season
It is the same as breaking the door, try that with a crazy tenant and see how you will pay in damages an amount of money that will build him/her a house.

1 Like

Re: When A Tenant Deliberately Refuses To Pay Rent by AntiIPOOP(m): 8:17pm On Dec 03, 2016
IpobExposed:

AntiIpoop u see what your mods are doing
What happened?
Re: When A Tenant Deliberately Refuses To Pay Rent by WenysAD(f): 8:32pm On Dec 03, 2016
Thanks pals for all your advice. Learnt a great deal from Dem.
Re: When A Tenant Deliberately Refuses To Pay Rent by no1madman(m): 8:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
[quote author=LorDBolton post=51589932]

I bet you have no assets[/quote
Na idiot!
Re: When A Tenant Deliberately Refuses To Pay Rent by blessedvisky(m): 10:34pm On Dec 03, 2016
chiefojiji:

Bcus say na dangote born u now, so make others no born again.

aah beg who get that meme showing a police officer running after a man with a cane?

What's this one saying? angry

Re: When A Tenant Deliberately Refuses To Pay Rent by Bucho3d: 12:04am On Dec 04, 2016
d law provides 4 ways of evicting a tenant depending on d span of his/her tenancy. d 1st stage is d quit notice n d nxt and vry important stage is d 7days notice. a lawful tenant cn only b evicted by d crt no mata hw mch he owes in arrears and/mesne profit. pls gt a lawyer to ensure dt d required legal steps r taken to guard agst incurring legal actions agst ursf. bliv me evn tho dey r owing u for 11months dey cn sue u for trespass
Re: When A Tenant Deliberately Refuses To Pay Rent by ice4u999(m): 5:03am On Dec 04, 2016
Icecomrade:

Wicked landlord.

How do you want them to raise money to pay you after looking at their condition you also narrated.

Will you die if you don't get your 8month rent now?

Is your family going to survive on the rent.

What will happen to you if you show some understanding and give them more time to stablize

Raise money and pay off accrued rent.

Ops

You people are very wicked.

God will punish you people

Modified

If my opinion does not align with your inhumane thoughts, please don't quote me to write thrash.

Please use share option.

People who can't afford a bag of pure water are forming landlord and writing thrash.

How is this landlady wicked? Breaking the tenant's lock was the wrong step but only good landladies will wait that long.

I had a tenant few years ago that stayed in my house for months and kept begging and postponing payment.

Only for me to come one and discovered that this idiot had left with his belongings without paying his past rent amount and to make thing worse he locked his door without leaving keys.

Not only did i lost the amount he did not pay, then I had to pay so much to go through the court process to unlock the door.

Another tenant again begged for 6 months, unknown to me the tenant was saving money to pay 6 months up front payment for another apartment he was planning to move his family to. Only find out the day he had asked me to come pick up my money that he had moved out without paying my money.

Only a person with poverty metality will call a woman that waited for more than 8 months wicked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Deal With My Landlord? / Owerri Project - 4 Duplex And 4 Units Of 2 Bedroom Flats / Lagos Warns Against Drilling Boreholes Without Licence, Permit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.