Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria (21850 Views)

Imota Rice Mill: Lagos To Train And Empower Farmers In Rice Production / Rice Farmers, Others To Access Bill Gate's $30bn Agriculture Grant / Cassava: FG Distributes High Yielding, Disease Resistant Stems To Farmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by globatop: 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
tuale4u:

u are stupidly negative
afanide:
Cluelessness...... Money that would have been used to subsidise fertilizer and make it even cheaper & accessable...

What is stupid about his comment.
If u are into Agric u will reason along the same line.
What assistance will phone provide in farming? If we must use app for Agric, should sharing phone be an option against subsidy on farm implements.
This govt has no think tank at all. We shall be planting rice on the Internet. Shameless program.

2 Likes

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by Sibrah: 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
Dc4life:
Still copying GEJ's policies left, right and centre? I thought you said he did or started nothing good.
Politics of deceit and not for common good is the cancer killing Nigeria.
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by thaoriginator: 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
tuale4u:

u are stupidly negative
And arrogantly insultive!

1 Like

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by onatisi(m): 5:47pm On Dec 01, 2016
noeloge82:

Na lie
Nigeria rice farmers are special farmers ,they don't need fertilizers,seedlings ,good road connections, tractors or insecticides what they need is laptops,Samsung galaxy phones ,tablets and printers .

4 Likes

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by thaoriginator: 5:48pm On Dec 01, 2016
pythonkid:
Buhari is really a dog
if he's a dog then what's your dad? A goat?
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by daredreman(m): 5:48pm On Dec 01, 2016
kenonze:
very good move although the impact will be negligible for now but in time to come the benefits will be awesome.
What could be the benefit of phone app on rice production, will d app serve as fertilizer or pesticides...pls educate me

1 Like

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by Skseries: 5:49pm On Dec 01, 2016
Dc4life:
Still copying GEJ's policies left, right and centre? I thought you said he did or started nothing good.
Politics of deceit and not for common good is the cancer killing Nigeria.
can u pls keep quite u are there hungry like every nigeria and spewing praises to someone who cudnt even make nigeria slf sufficient in any food produce for good 3yrs.... Jeez ppl like u get on my nerve.. Abegi critize wit brain.
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by onatisi(m): 5:49pm On Dec 01, 2016
globatop:

What is stupid about his comment.
If u are into Agric u will reason along the same line.
What assistance will phone provide in farming? If we must use app for Agric, should sharing phone be an option against subsidy on farm implements.
This govt has no think tank at all. We shall be planting rice on the Internet. Shameless program.
You are wrong and I support buhari on this one ,infact rice farmers need to be given dstv decoders and tv so that they can watch aljazera and cnn to be well informed

3 Likes

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by frubben(m): 5:50pm On Dec 01, 2016
afanide:
Cluelessness...... Money that would have been used to subsidise fertilizer and make it even cheaper & accessable...

I swear dis government don't even knw what to do.
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by noeloge82(m): 5:50pm On Dec 01, 2016
onatisi:

Nigeria rice farmers are special farmers ,they don't need fertilizers,seedlings ,good road connections, tractors or insecticides what they need is laptops,Samsung galaxy phones ,tablets and printers .
Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by yedidiah(m): 5:52pm On Dec 01, 2016
if they had increased data tariff, would the Government have subscribed for them too? or would you give them smart phones with agric app when they can't afford data

1 Like

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by crisycent: 5:54pm On Dec 01, 2016
Another means to siphon money.....old iPhone 4 I'm sure they will say it was bought for 500k each because of rice app.
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by tutusaint(m): 5:55pm On Dec 01, 2016
afanide:

Excellent idea
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:00pm On Dec 01, 2016
SCORE = 110/100

This is an excellent motivation tool.

2 Likes

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by Jokerman(m): 6:01pm On Dec 01, 2016
Isn't this a GEJ/Adeshina Agric policy idea??

2 Likes

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by Chuknovski(m): 6:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
i fucking hate this government
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by Jokerman(m): 6:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
onatisi:

You are wrong and I support buhari on this one ,infact rice farmers need to be given dstv decoders and tv so that they can watch aljazera and cnn to be well informed

Onatisi abeg no let dem come carry u o..bikonu grin

1 Like

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by Jokerman(m): 6:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
VeeVeeMyLuv:
SCORE = 110/100

This is an excellent motivation tool.
grin
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by onatisi(m): 6:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
Jokerman:

Onatisi abeg no let dem come carry u o..bikonu grin
U no see say now I dey support them,even if dem talk say rice farmers need deep freezer, I go just clap. The people Wey go suffer am go suffer am.

1 Like

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by onatisi(m): 6:14pm On Dec 01, 2016
Chuknovski:
i fucking hate this government
eh!if I hear!!!!!

Buhari government is the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessst government in the world
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by afanide: 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
Skseries:
same way gej subsidize fertilizer that till now nigeria can boast of being self sufficient in any food produce. Abegi cut the crap

You go ask farmers how fertilizer was accessible and subsidized during Jonathan's tenure. Can you compare the price of fertilizer then and now stop being biased and talk with facts.

2 Likes

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by SmartMugu: 6:19pm On Dec 01, 2016
afanide:
Yup you're right. This is just a means to add funds to someone's portfolio and further milk the economy. How many of these farmers can read and write not to talk of exposing them to some futuristic apps they probably would never use? Expose them to their basic needs like fertilizers and improve from there.
Nice one!

2 Likes

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by jahsharon: 6:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
afanide:

Your lord and saviour the clueless drunk from Otuoke was there for 6 years, common one bag of rice, the whole Nigeria could not produce. Yet the fraud ex-Minister for Agriculture Mr Akunwunmi kept rolling out figures and statistics that did not turn to even one bag of rice. The people's general have taken over, several states are harvesting millions of tones of rice from Jigawa to Kebbi, from Sokoto to Ebonyi, from Rivers to Kaduna, even Ebonyi has banned sales of foreign rice, yet you nonentities are wailing and weeping over spilt milk
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by onatisi(m): 6:22pm On Dec 01, 2016
SmartMugu:

Yup you're right. This is just a means to add funds to someone's portfolio and further milk the economy. How many of these farmers can read and write not to talk of exposing them to some futuristic apps they probably would never use? Expose them to their basic needs like fertilizers and improve from there.
Nice one!
The phone they are distributing can talk to the farmers and teach them how to plant and harvest

2 Likes

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by DedeNkem: 6:27pm On Dec 01, 2016
Waste of money by clueless id*iots! Who told these f*ools that farmers don't have smartphones? Almost all adults in Nigeria have it and also access to the internet!

They should have given the farmers the web link to the app to download, and used the money for the needless phones to buying and distributing bags of fertilizer to the farmers!

Nigerians in power positions are embarrassingly incompetent and clueless, except for massive corrupt! That's why the country is a complete mess!

2 Likes

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by Fantastic2m(m): 6:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
embarassed
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by jahsharon: 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2016
afanide:

Your lord and saviour the clueless drunk from Otuoke was there for 6 years, common one bag of rice, the whole Nigeria could not produce. Yet the fraud ex-Minister for Agriculture Mr Akunwunmi kept rolling out figures and statistics that did not turn to even one bag of rice. The people's general have taken over, several states are harvesting millions of tones of rice from Jigawa to Kebbi, from Sokoto to Ebonyi, from Rivers to Kaduna, even Ebonyi has banned sales of foreign rice, yet you nonentities are wailing and weeping over spilt milk.
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 01, 2016
tuale4u:

u are stupidly negative

but on a more serious note, why couldn't they have subsidized fertilizer?
i mean, most of these farmers already have smartphone and can be taught how to download "agric app" from playstore.
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by greenermodels: 6:37pm On Dec 01, 2016
onatisi:

The phone they are distributing can talk to the farmers and teach them how to plant and harvest
Guy, i haven't seen you for long? so which language would the application speak, nupe,gbagi,anambra igbo,ebonyi igbo,tiv,Hausa, ombaste? why I'm asking is because 99.99% of the rice farmers in Niger state can't probably read and write talkless of operating a smart phone, they have never complained about lack of a smart phone rather fertilizers is their biggest problem. and how come almost all the states are in the north, i thought they claimed anambra would soon harvest more than 2 million metric tongue of rice? sai baba.

3 Likes

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by Willybos(m): 6:41pm On Dec 01, 2016
[quote author=sammyj post=51548448]Will smart phone bring down the price of rice in the market!!! shocked shocked[/quote
honestly ma brother. Sha... 2day is ma birthday i don't wanna say something funny......
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by Willybos(m): 6:42pm On Dec 01, 2016
[quote author=sammyj post=51548448]Will smart phone bring down the price of rice in the market!!! shocked shocked[/quote
honestly ma brother. Sha... 2day is ma birthday i don't wanna say something funny......
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by bejeria101(m): 6:43pm On Dec 01, 2016
Gej/adeshina agric plan stolen by dis dullard govt. Dis apc govt is just shameless.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Start A Lucrative Business This Year(rabbit Farming) / Dame Jonathan Commissions Nigeria’s Newly Acquired Fishing Vessel / Ooni Ogunwusi's Acres Of Cashew Plantation Excites NCAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.