Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,323 members, 7,815,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness (6299 Views)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel. / United In Betrayal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 9:57am On Dec 02, 2016
Ifeanyi had one phobia all his life which was heights, which meant he hated flying so when the lady at the embassy called him to come over because there was some sort of mistake on his visa application, he began to think maybe it was some sort of divine intervention. See he had gotten the job at the International office and the HR dept had forwarded his information on the company database to the embassy for his visa.

Oh we're not there yet!

Jane was facing a conundrum of her own, she desperately wanted to talk to Ifeanyi even with her wedding plans accelerated but she wasn't sure it was the right decision, she picked up her phone and dialled the number on the card he gave to Onyinye,her heart beating drums as the number rang,......."yea hello", Ifeanyi said when he picked up,his voice hadn't changed in her head......"hello" and yet Jane didn't say a word, she wished she could but didn't know what to say, she hung up the phone and held it close to her chest and that was when she realised something that maybe deep down she knew all along, she wasn't truly over Ifeanyi.

Ifeanyi sat in the lobby of the embassy thinking of what exactly the error on his application was and he hoped it was nothing serious as he was now well and truly looking forward to moving abroad.

Jane was having some trouble getting some materials her eldest sister who was in the UK sent to her for the wedding from customs so was directed to the embassy to solve her issues, a part of her was happy about it though cus it gave her something else to think about that wasn't Ifeanyi so there she was sat in one of those long seats where there were people behind you with their backs turned to yours and she fiddled hrough her phone till she came across Ifeanyi's number and something whatever it was that pushed her to call and not say anything the other time made her dial the number again......."yea hello" was the response once again only this time the voice was much closer to her than she could ever imagine...........
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by xaviercasmir(m): 12:30pm On Dec 02, 2016
want more pls. More grease to your elbow.

1 Like

Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by Shakyroh320(f): 1:29pm On Dec 02, 2016
Kip it cuming dearie.

1 Like

Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 3:29pm On Dec 02, 2016
You know that out of the body experience people usually claim to have when they have an accident or suffer some kind of shock,well that was exactly how Jane felt when she heard Ifeanyi's voice but before she could regain herself, the voice blurred out again...."hello who's this, pls don't call this number again if you have nothing to say", see Ifeanyi had recognized the number from the other day it called and no one said anything.

...." Mr Amadi, you're next", a female voice called out and Ifeanyi stood up and as he turned to pick up his bag on his chair, there she was standing right before him, tears almost rolled down her eyes bit she comported herself, Ifeanyi was frozen, couldn't move or say anything, he just stood there dumbfounded and only the voice of the receptionist yelling his name brought him back, he signalled to her to wait for him till he was done as he disappeared into one of the offices, Jane just stood still there, she couldn't believe she had seen him again after all these years.
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 6:01pm On Dec 02, 2016
Ifeanyi prayed to all the gods he knew hoping that the lady seated opposite him would just hurry it up, his mind kept drifting towards Jane who was waiting outside and what he would say to her,...." again we are so sorry for the misunderstanding sir, sir", "oh yea yea no problem" he responded before dashing put of the office hoping to find Jane waiting for him.

He found his way back to the lobby but Jane wasn't there anymore....." sir pls what about the lady that was seated beside you earlier", he enquired...."oh she left about 30mins ago", Ifeanyi was confused,what had happened between when they saw and when he came back, as he made his way back to his car he felt like he had just had a very bad dream.

Jane stormed into Onyinyes room like someone who chasing her....."i saw him onyi,i saw him" and knowing her friend very well,the only person who would make her shiver on that way was Ifeanyi, and after helping to calm her down,she made her friend tell her everything that happened.
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 6:16pm On Dec 02, 2016
Days turned into a week and Ifeanyi hadn't heard back from Jane in any capacity at all and he was ever the more confused but he also knew he had to be careful because he didn't want to undo or initiate anything he couldn't finish so after he called Onyinye to ask after Jane and was told she was at her husband's place wrapping up the wedding plans,he found himself feeling stupid and helpless once again, the same way he felt when they had just broken up and he desperately tried everything to get her to forgive him and at that point,he prayed to God that his departure date for his new job would come sooner rather than later.

Jane carried on her wedding plans like nothing had happened but she was different and everyone around her noticed, Michael tried all he could to try and figure out what was going on with her but all he got was......" its just the wedding stress dear,I'm fine" , he got the same incomplete feeling when he approached Onyinye about it only to get the same answer of stress regarding wedding preparations and this went on until one night when he was awoken by his fiance who had slept off on the couch apparently sleep talking......."promise me you'd never leave me Ifeanyi, remember you said forever and always", Michael stood above her and felt empty,on one hand he wanted to wake her up and waive it away as just a dream but he knew deep down he wasn't,he knew the history between them and how messed up she was after they broke up, how she would sometimes call him Ifeanyi when they were together but this was the last straw for him, he was about to tie the knot in a couple of weeks with a lady whose heart belonged to someone else.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 6:29pm On Dec 02, 2016
The next day Michael told Jane that they needed to have a discussion and somehow Jane felt they needed to too,she felt guilty that she had seen Ifeanyi and hadn't told her fiancee and before Michael could begin she blurted out...."I saw Ifeanyi the other day at the embassy", and there and then Michael knew he wouldn't carry on with the marriage, ...."you were sleep talking again last night", Micheal told her,his face an expression of pity,he had dedicated his time and love to the wrong person and the realizations of that were starring him in the face....."Michael its not like that",Jane tried to convince him that she has not done anything or even spoken to him...."I believe you,said Michael but none of it matters because he's always been the one that had your heart", Michael gave an Oscar worthy speech about how he loved her amid tears from both of them, he told her marriage was forever and that he would continue to love her for the rest of his life but that she belonged to someone else and fate would always bring she and that person together no matter how long it would take. It was one of those you watch in movies and join in all the tears, Michael encouraged Jane to try and reach out to Ifeanyi and see if it wasn't too late for the both of them to be together and he left,...." I'd come pick up my remaining stuff in the morning when you've left for work",he said as he wiped the tears from his eyes and left Jane in a pool of her tears.
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 6:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
Jane was inconsolable and even Onyinyes best efforts to calm her down were futile, the wedding had been officially called off and messages sent to those who had already been invited, when Rita her sister found out the reason why,she went into a rant about how her sister had messed up her life because of Ifeanyi and how if care wasn't taken he would be the cause of her death, her parents told Jane that the last thing they would ever agree to would be a union between her and "this Ifeanyi character" as her mum put it.

It was a count down meanwhile for Ifeanyi to when he'd leave the country and all the trouble and heartache it had given him, weeks had turned to days and he anticipated it even more urgently.

Then his phone rang and it was Onyinye......"hey", he said "its been a while,how have you been",....."I've been great", Onyinye replied him and after talking about work and other pleasantries, she told him about Jane and that if he wanted to, he could come to her place to see her.

That phone call with Onyinye was a strange one for Ifeanyi,he didn't know exactly why Onyinye would all of a sudden want him to see Jane and he fought within himself as to what seeing Jane would achieve after all, she was about to get married but it was Jane and he was leaving the country in a matter of days so maybe this could be the goodbye they never got the first time around.
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 6:59pm On Dec 02, 2016
Jane didn't know that Onyinye had invited Ifeanyi to see her, and all she wanted to do that fateful afternoon was just to sleep when Onyinye left for work and just as she was about dozing off,she heard a knock on the door,....."who could that be she thought to herself or did Onyinye forget something", she opened the door and there he was stood in front of her and there he was and this time,there was nowhere to run to like at the embassy, Ifeanyi himself froze seeing her,all the preparations of what he was going to say flew off his head and there he was standing in front of the only lady he had ever truly loved and on instinct he went on his knees and began to apologise to her......" Janey I'm sorry, i have a lot to say but none more important than I'm sorry", tears running down both their cheeks, " I should never have ever lied to you and broken your trust and I've had to live with that regret everyday of my life ever since"......Jane still didn't say anything to him but kept weeping profusely and then finally she said " I forgave you a long time ago but i want you to leave, there's nothing left for us to discuss again", and with that she shut the door at him and retreated to her room to continue her tears, Ifeanyi was heartbroken once again.

He felt though that he had done something he didn't get the chance to do earlier when they broke up, he had apologised to her in person.
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2016
Jane was practically inconsolable though, she knew he had hurt her badly but also knew how badly she wanted to jump into his arms when he came around earlier, Onyinye tried but to no avail herself to make her feel better.

Meanwhile Ifeanyi had just finished packing his bags for his trip the following day when he sat and thought once more about Jane and how he saw the hurt in her eyes, he called Onyinye but it went straight to voicemail but he left a message for Jane , he mentioned how he was leaving the next day and wanted both of them to leave together since she wasn't getting married anymore, how he wanted to make up for all the hurt he had caused her and how he would never do anything to hurt her if he she gave him another chance, he said he got an extra ticket and would wait at the airport for her and that if she didn't show up,he'd know it was best for him to finally move on.
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 7:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
"Again all passengers on flight 117 to London should proceed to the loading area for boarding", Ifeanyi could only hope as one more announcement and that was it.

Jane played his voicemail in her head over and over again and yet couldn't make up her mind what to do, her parents would never approve of anything between the both of them she thought to herself but she was still in love with him,she always was to be fair to her but found a way to shut that out but not anymore, Onyinye advised her to follow her heart and that left her even more confused, what if he lies to me again,what if he betrays me again, all this where playing in her head when someone knocked on the door, it was Michael who came to pick up the remainder of his stuff,he couldn't bring himself to do it earlier based on how fresh his emotional scars were but he felt it was time....."hey come in Onyinye said, "hi Jane, Michael said to her", he looked really pale and even though it only been few weeks, he looked like he was really down, Jane motioned for him to go in and pick up his stuff from the room and he immediately did and was heading for the door when he turned around and said to Jane " Are you OK"? Jane was surprised by the question but the only other person apart from Ifeanyi and Onyinye who knew Jane very well was Michael...." just a little headache", Jane said and Michael was about asking of she'd taken any drugs when Onyinye came shouting from the room "So Jane have you made up your mind whether or not to go with Ifeanyi", she came out to find Michael still there and was shocked "Oh!" was the expression that came out of her, Michael looked at Jane as if expecting her to say something and she did, " I haven't made up my mind about anything yet", she said looking sternly at Onyinye......." Why?" Michael chirped in " I mean i don't mean to involve myself in stuff that doesn't concern me but don't you think you deserve a bit of real happiness in your life Jane and if you do can you think of anyone ever who ever made you feel the way Ifeanyi does, if there is then stay but if there isn't, why don't you go on and get yourself some happiness", Michael had topped his speech he made when they broke up with another wonderful one.
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2016
The announcer had made the final announcement for his flight and Ifeanyi had all but given up, he couldn't wait any longer else he missed his flight and he slowly dragged himself to the boarding point and even when his papers were been searched he kept looking back, hoping that she would appear out of nowhere but she didn't and while his luggage was been searched, the lady said to him....." Seems you waiting for someone the way you keep looking back", ...."more like hoping", he replied her......." you know if this person is so important to you, there's a connecting flight coming in later in the day, maybe if you are sure the person you waiting for is worth it,you could you know wait a couple of hours more just to be sure", To be honest Ifeanyi was tired of waiting but he felt the lady had a point, a couple hours more wouldn't do him any harm.

The traffic to the airport was crazy and Onyinye was as reckless a driver as they came, Jane headed for the lobby filled with hope and expectations in her heart, Surprisingly Michael's speech had done the trick for her, " the irony of this whole thing", Onyinye said as they drove through traffic to the airport, " your parents will kill me when they realise i took you to the airport myself to run away with your lover", Onyinye continued.

"excuse me pls, flight 117 to London,are they still here", Jane asked the ticket lady,...."oh I'm sorry that flight has departed ma'm"......Jane felt empty and lost, she was too late,he had left her for good and at that moment Onyinye tapped her and she turned to see him, Ifeanyi had gone to get a coffee in anticipation of his long wait and wasn't at the lobby earlier when Jane entered, He dropped the cup he was holding and his mouth remained wide open, Jane dropped her bag and ran towards him and both clasped each other in their arms and shared a kiss so deep it brought tears out of Onyinyes eyes, " what changed your mind", Ifeanyi asked her when their lips finally took a break from each other " Forever and Always babe" , that was their sort of motto and Ifeanyi repeated it to her before they held each other in embrace never to leave again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by salubrious(f): 12:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
Beautiful!

1 Like

Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 3:18pm On Dec 28, 2016
salubrious:
Beautiful!

Mucho gracias ma'm
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by harunablezin(f): 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2017
waoh! wat a 1dafu master piece

1 Like

Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 7:02pm On Jan 27, 2017
harunablezin:
waoh! wat a 1dafu master piece

Thanks ma'm
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 7:03pm On Jan 27, 2017
salubrious:
Beautiful!

Thanks ma'm
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 06, 2017
Lovely story....

1 Like

Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 2:27pm On Jun 08, 2017
ZionO:
Lovely story....

Gracias boss
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 10:39am On Jun 28, 2017
ZionO:
Lovely story....

Thanks boss
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by soke02(m): 4:55pm On Nov 28, 2022
Fine story

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can A Writer Make It In Nigeria? / Ben Okri Celebrates His 59th Birthday Today / Food For The Gods.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.