Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read (53494 Views)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / We Have Stronger Women And Weaker Men Now!! / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Emassive(m): 12:42am On Dec 02, 2016
My wife married at 22+ and we've had 3 lost 1 so 2 kids now. Am just a little above 30. 5yrs of marriage now and it's been fine. Marriage Is like how CHRIST is to man. Self denial and constant sacrifice makes you a winner all the time.

3 Likes

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 02, 2016
1bkaye:

Lol very chill over here o. And no thank you smiley

Alright then,good night still.

I still count this as progression.
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by purple3091: 1:10am On Dec 02, 2016
arosunshine:
Early marriage is one of the best decision i had made.
what ages where you and your partner when you married?
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by purple3091: 1:19am On Dec 02, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Thanks. I did it then because we were madly in love and I was scared of losing her. Met in college and I married her as soon as I finished my MBA making what I thought was a decent wages then. My mom was very much against it not because she hated my wife but she thought I was too young. I stood my ground and my father pleaded on my behalf to her so she can come to the wedding. Now my mom and wife are besties.
how old was your wife when she married?
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Nobody: 1:30am On Dec 02, 2016
Early marriage rare? Girls used to marry at 14.
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Lucasbalo(m): 1:59am On Dec 02, 2016
purple3091:
how old was your wife when she married?
She was 22.
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by MrCork: 2:14am On Dec 02, 2016
ellacute45:

grin funny cheesy

..ok..let me mate wit you and you will no longer be regarded as a Nazi racist who hate your own kind....juses one round smiley
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Eecho(m): 2:28am On Dec 02, 2016
repogirl:
Marrying a young man....hmmm, clears throat.... most young men never get sense abeg. Their wahala plenty unlike an older guy who is most likely to be mature sense wise.

Instead of making a conscious decision to grow up, the senseless immature ones will start quoting me. Truth is a bitter pill to swallow, isn't it?
Aunty,u really need a man in ur life

1 Like

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by joyli: 3:00am On Dec 02, 2016
Ukeachu1:

how about hustling a little before getting d kids

Well, its all depends on individual, Giving birth early could be tough don't get me wrong , i was abit lucky because I have my mother to help me out , while schooling and working at the same time back then.

1 Like

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by baum1: 3:33am On Dec 02, 2016
Lucasbalo:
As a guy who married at 23, you have valid points. The only one I disagree with is that they divorce often. Been on the marital game for over 20 years and the love between us is stronger than when we got married. All the advantages you mentioned are absolutely right. You make your family earlier and enjoy your years together starting in your mid 40s to your old age. I will do it again if I have to.

Bros, I hail oo. 20 years no be beans.

1 Like

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by PointZerom: 3:35am On Dec 02, 2016
repogirl:
Marrying a young man....hmmm, clears throat.... most young men never get sense abeg. Their wahala plenty unlike an older guy who is most likely to be mature sense wise.

Instead of making a conscious decision to grow up, the senseless immature ones will start quoting me. Truth is a bitter pill to swallow, isn't it?

On point
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Lucasbalo(m): 3:43am On Dec 02, 2016
baum1:

Bros, I hail oo. 20 years no be beans.
Love and commitments overcome all obstacles.
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by repogirl(f): 4:07am On Dec 02, 2016
Eecho:
Aunty,u really need a man in ur life
lol! And you are so sure I'm not already married.

If so, you really need to grow some sense.
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by nkemma54(m): 4:47am On Dec 02, 2016
nairalanddss:

i totally disagree

why wont you disagree? myopic child! undecided
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Dollben: 5:51am On Dec 02, 2016
OP, ur number 5 no follow again....when all this sharp boys and girls have finished doing all the deeds u can think of, u now realize that marriage is just to make it legal..All my exes, their husbands would not even do 2% of what we did whilst dating...hehhhehehehehe.
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Bnladan(m): 6:03am On Dec 02, 2016
Mindfulness:
Disadvantages:

1. Your personality is more likely to change in a noticeable way when you are younger so the choices that you make in younger years may not be the choices you would want to make when you are more mature.

2. Younger couples divorce more often.

3. Younger people often do not have the finances to get married and keep the marriage going hence finances are another rampant reason for divorce.

4. Older people have more sophisticated ways to cope with conflicts and they have - ideally - learned to tame their temper more effectively.

5. Life expectancy is on the rise, so you have more time than your ancestors. grin

I could go on.
believe me only few of us will live longer than our parents. Only few of us will see our children grow our current ages. In addition 2 d op's, Dia will be less pre-marital sex and fornication. Meaning Dia will be less STDs. And finally, I think marriage brings out d best of a person, it gives u a sense of responsibility and makes u think economically. It teaches u management and planning.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by nacozee: 6:11am On Dec 02, 2016
Mindfulness:
Disadvantages:

1. Your personality is more likely to change in a noticeable way when you are younger so the choices that you make in younger years may not be the choices you would want to make when you are more mature.

2. Younger couples divorce more often.

3. Younger people often do not have the finances to get married and keep the marriage going hence finances are another rampant reason for divorce.

4. Older people have more sophisticated ways to cope with conflicts and they have - ideally - learned to tame their temper more effectively.

5. Life expectancy is on the rise, so you have more time than your ancestors. grin

I could go on.
NO NO NO! VERY UNTRUE
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by nacozee: 6:15am On Dec 02, 2016
repogirl:

You comment crap and expect not to be quoted?
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by nacozee: 6:22am On Dec 02, 2016
pxjosh:
Can you listen to yourself? Who gets married to someone with no sense? undecided
Dont mind that repowoman. she is clearly one of those with no sense
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by DavidEsq(m): 6:24am On Dec 02, 2016
nairalanddss:

i totally disagree
Is dat so? Cos I was in court yesterday wen a very young couple were divorced. U could c d anger and resentment on their faces and I just wondered if some ten years later they would realise that they would have handled it better.
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Cleverman2020: 6:27am On Dec 02, 2016
May God give us enough wealth....Marry early for ur sons and give out ur daughters out for marriages as early as possible...it is the best.
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by DavidEsq(m): 6:27am On Dec 02, 2016
nacozee:
You comment crap and expect not to be quoted?
Why u dey vex for her na. I know wat I used to be 6-8 years ago. Now I'm more mature, more tolerant, considerate, appreciating, bla bla bla, for good.
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by eitsei(m): 6:28am On Dec 02, 2016
jamislaw:
Team2017InshaAllah. My dad was 26 when he got married and that does not stop him from achieving his goals. We are five 3boys 2girls.
my own dad was 25
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by eitsei(m): 6:31am On Dec 02, 2016
stanislaus67:
At 50, u will have been able to train your children in the university.
none of my parents will be 50 before I graduate from university and I also plan to do the same
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Olowo1940: 6:36am On Dec 02, 2016
Early marriage is passport to abject poverty. Marriage at the proper age and time leads to greatness. Of marriage to come early. The man must mentalily , financially,physically. Educationally.spiritually sound, to take and bear responsibility . Marriage is an investment for solving problem. No enjoyment bt solving issues.

2 Likes

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by arosunshine(m): 6:40am On Dec 02, 2016

1 Like

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Uniben4sure: 6:52am On Dec 02, 2016
Early marriage with no kobo in your pocket !

So that you breed and fill everywhere with more useless children abi? And then turn around to vent your family's frustrations on my own wealthy family in the future shey

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by uniteam: 6:54am On Dec 02, 2016
You wont understand the advantages mentioned until you feel it. I am 40, my first son is in the University, wifey is ever young, like 25 years and best friend cos we started early together, even without much money, we trend together with the children, able to run things together and not stone age to computer age, still handled vector and quadratic yesterday, we easily understand each other, with ever fresh ideas, they drill my brain, i drill theirs, she struggle her wears and accessories with the girls, they learn from us (Myself and Wifey), We bring resources together to build a home and invest in their future, Its always fun and we are still much active, abeg, you just wont understand early marriage is the best. Of what joy is it at 55 years still struggling for school fees? Guess i need to count my blessings again. May God protect and spare us all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by AreaFada2: 6:58am On Dec 02, 2016
Bnladan:
believe me only few of us will live longer than our parents. Only few of us will see our children grow our current ages. In addition 2 d op's, Dia will be less pre-marital sex and fornication. Meaning Dia will be less STDs. And finally, I think marriage brings out d best of a person, it gives u a sense of responsibility and makes u think economically. It teaches u management and planning.
Good but not everyone o.
I knew of many married men back then, some with three wives who blew their salaries playing football pool. And trying to use money to impress the young lady working at the pool office. They became experts in English & Australian league seasons. Loudly discussing pool, with glasses nearly falling off their noses.shocked cheesy

Some were even followed by their wives to the pool office to fight over chop money. Very funny stuff those days coming from playing football on Saturdays grin cheesy

For most in early marriage the first few years can be tough. The kids often have less comfort/luxury than kids of those who married later. With own home/assets, better job/economic circumstances, etc.

A lot of them face economic hardship that some of those marriages cannot survive.

1 Like

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Uniben4sure: 7:11am On Dec 02, 2016
uniteam:
You wont understand the advantages mentioned until you feel it. I am 40, my first son is in the University, wifey is ever young, like 25 years and best friend cos we started early together, even without much money, we trend together with the children, able to run things together and not stone age to computer age, still handled vector and quadratic yesterday, we easily understand each other, with ever fresh ideas, they drill my brain, i drill theirs, she struggle her wears and accessories with the girls, they learn from us (Myself and Wifey), We bring resources together to build a home and invest in their future, Its always fun and we are still much active, abeg, you just wont understand early marriage is the best. Of what joy is it at 55 years still struggling for school fees? Guess i need to count my blessings again. May God protect and spare us all.

BTW, bros let's assume all what you wrote are true, how exactly are you better than that lady who got married at 40, after she was already a Senior government official and has so much money in the bank account, and now is HAPPILY married with 2 kids? How please?

4 Likes

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by iykedare(m): 7:26am On Dec 02, 2016
youngice:
Ladies should marry at a younger age
Men should marry at an older age
Reasons
•older men are more mature and responsible (not always)
•Marriage needs commitment, understanding and sacrifice (older guys will be more willing to sacrifice time out with the boys)
•Ladies have faster biological clocks than men
• Direction/career paths older guys are likelier to have a more direct trajectory for their lives with family playing a pivotal role
•Ladies should get married fast before one bastrd enjoys everything meant for hubby

The most sensible contribution on this thread

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photo Of Beautiful Family Of 8 Children / CCTV Exposed His Daughter's Sexual Escapade. / Woman Rejects Christmas Car Gift From Her 200 Level Undergraduate Son (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.