Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,922 members, 7,817,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read (53497 Views)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / We Have Stronger Women And Weaker Men Now!! / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Bishops10(m): 9:10am On Dec 02, 2016
missyQween:

Don't listen to the comment baby,We re in love right? that's what matters
Aww....let me listen to you honey
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Uniben4sure: 9:23am On Dec 02, 2016
iykedare:

Dunderhead.
Even at 40 you still display so much immaturity, yet you can't see reasons why we keep saying that immature people shouldn't get married.

I wonder how morally bankrupt your offspring would be undecided

3 Likes

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by uniteam: 9:28am On Dec 02, 2016
Hmmmm, I love this question and i am going to answer it relatively, meaning i am applying it to my own situation.

1. The lady that got married at 40 will definitely not find it as smooth as we did medically when it comes to reproduction becos at that age, she is close to menopause.

2. Domestic affairs, child bearing and upbringing may not be as easy and fun as we had it because of the age.

3. I paid N32,500 for this same son to resume kindergarten in Lagos then, same school collects N572,000 for same kindergarten entry as at the last time i checked in July 2016. Thats almost 1800% increase.

4. I have him drive me around sometimes which the lady at 40 may not enjoy until sometimes 58, all things being equal.

5. Now i can use my old age to enjoy myself and my wife for as long as God gives us life, not to be looking for school fees or following up on child education or upbringing even at 58. I have my wife back as my chick now.

6. I enjoy the gap between me and them cos we are able to create family fun and go for several games together here and abroad and we challenge ourselves to it, we attend same dance class, I play musical instrument and i was able to make all of them pick interest as well and i feel happy watching them handle musical instruments during music production.

People looked at me as stupid me when i decided to marry then, but i was able to focus early and build a standard.

Bros, the list is in-exhaustive on personal ground though, but that's not to say there are no advantages for the person getting married late but for me i prefer & can speak for early marriage.

Uniben4sure:

BTW, bros let's assume all what you wrote are true, how exactly are you better than that lady who got married at 40, after she was already a Senior government official and has so much money in the bank account, and now is HAPPILY married with 2 kids? How please?

4 Likes

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by TheSPEAKER(m): 9:38am On Dec 02, 2016
eitsei:
my own dad was 25
Mine was 24
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by KingRex1(m): 9:42am On Dec 02, 2016
ellacute45:

grin funny cheesy
You're laughing.. grin
Coman collect this diamond ring before I sell it cheesy

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by BlossomedCherry: 9:46am On Dec 02, 2016
repogirl:
Marrying a young man....hmmm, clears throat.... most young men never get sense abeg. Their wahala plenty unlike an older guy who is most likely to be mature sense wise.

Instead of making a conscious decision to grow up, the senseless immature ones will start quoting me. Truth is a bitter pill to swallow, isn't it?
repogirl I disagree with you on this one. I married very early and same is my hubby... in his middle twenties but age is just a number, maturity is of the mind. We still dey like boifrnd and girlfrnd now sef. The only ish you might add is finance but we are doing just fine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 02, 2016
KingRex1:

You're laughing.. grin
Coman collect this diamond ring before I sell it cheesy

Awww kiss
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by iykedare(m): 9:49am On Dec 02, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Good morning dear smiley

How are you? smiley

I'm sure you can't remember our back and forth argument the other night. If you did, you would have called me devil. grin
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by KingRex1(m): 9:56am On Dec 02, 2016
ellacute45:

Awww kiss
Is that a yess?
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 02, 2016
Of course I remember....I remember every single detail. smiley

Why would I call you the devil, we were just having a normal conversation wink smiley
iykedare:

I'm sure you can't remember our back and forth argument the other night. If you did, you would have called me devil. grin
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Ugosample(m): 10:08am On Dec 02, 2016
iykedare:

What else do you eexpect from a feminist?

Are her points not valid

1 Like

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by repogirl(f): 10:16am On Dec 02, 2016
BlossomedCherry:
repogirl I disagree with you on this one. I married very early and same is my hubby... in his middle twenties but age is just a number, maturity is of the mind. We still dey like boifrnd and girlfrnd now sef. The only ish you might add is finance but we are doing just fine.
please take a second to read my words which were carefully chosen. I used 'most' young guys, not all young guys and I said older men are 'most likely' to be mature and not that they are mature.

Ofcourse I understand that there are some that deviate from the norm which was why I chose my words carefully. I like hearing testimonies like yours....there just might be hope for our young guys afterall.
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by iykedare(m): 10:17am On Dec 02, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Of course I remember....I remember every single detail. smiley

Why would I call you the devil, we were just having a normal conversation wink smiley

Sorry for the insults I dished out. It wasn't the right thing to do.
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 10:27am On Dec 02, 2016
i am counting my Blessings

1 Like

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Kaysalas(m): 10:27am On Dec 02, 2016
Mindfulness:
Disadvantages:

1. Your personality is more likely to change in a noticeable way when you are younger so the choices that you make in younger years may not be the choices you would want to make when you are more mature.

2. Younger couples divorce more often.

3. Younger people often do not have the finances to get married and keep the marriage going hence finances are another rampant reason for divorce.

4. Older people have more sophisticated ways to cope with conflicts and they have - ideally - learned to tame their temper more effectively.

5. Life expectancy is on the rise, so you have more time than your ancestors. grin

I could go on.
hey bro! your post just made my day. At 30(will be 31 by march), pressure is already mounting for real. Church members and Pastors dey my neck like..... parents and some friends nko? I just dont feel ready. Dont even have a girlfriend(Pious church things), the one wey i dey try arrange for myself, bin put me for "is coming". O boi! the thing taya me o. Nairalanders, make una advise me abeg wink wink grin grin
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by BlossomedCherry: 10:44am On Dec 02, 2016
repogirl:
please take a second to read my words which were carefully chosen. I used 'most' young guys, not all young guys and I said older men are 'most likely' to be mature and not that they are mature.

Ofcourse I understand that there are some that deviate from the norm which was why I chose my words carefully. I like hearing testimonies like yours....there just might be hope for our young guys afterall.
lol.. okay o thats nice...

in another note, u still kept people in suspense in forever and for always. whats happening naw?
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by repogirl(f): 10:49am On Dec 02, 2016
BlossomedCherry:
lol.. okay o thats nice...

in another note, u still kept people in suspense in forever and for always. whats happening naw?
grin please be patient with me abeg....it will continue. I'm not sure when but it will definitely continue.
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 02, 2016
Apologies accepted smiley
iykedare:

Sorry for the insults I dished out. It wasn't the right thing to do.

1 Like

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by MsFaith: 10:54am On Dec 02, 2016
True! Finding the right partner is the problem, else I should be married already.
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Jibbie28(f): 10:57am On Dec 02, 2016
ItsQuinn:
It's a disadvantage when it comes to career undecided
I agree

2 Likes

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Kaysalas(m): 11:08am On Dec 02, 2016
blackprowler:

See where Nigerian brain reach! Your rat race in life is about making your children graduate and all when you're still "very young". That's your idea of having lived a life? Oh god, this country is a joke. Nigeria will ultimately sink under the enormous weight of the people's stupidity. Foreign countries should bar us from entering their countries. What a people!
Easy bro! mind your words, no go dey insult elderly man abeg. but i really do agree with you, because the man graduate by 20, come get better job wey afford am fit marry by 22 abi na 24, now him kon get liver dey yarn us which one better pass. how many young people in naija today even at 26 upwards dey financially stable to marry. Abeg, wetin work for Taiye nor mean say e go work for Kehinde O!
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Kaysalas(m): 11:11am On Dec 02, 2016
blackprowler:
Enjoy this
hahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin grin rotfl NAIRALAND d best site in the world grin grin grin grin grin
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups" very apt
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by missyQween(f): 11:29am On Dec 02, 2016
Bishops10:
Aww....let me listen to you honey

Yes...We re going up to that alter
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 02, 2016
KingRex1:

Is that a yess?

Yeaa kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by tinajones: 12:20pm On Dec 02, 2016
uniteam:
Hmmmm, I love this question and i am going to answer it relatively, meaning i am applying it to my own situation.

1. The lady that got married at 40 will definitely not find it as smooth as we did medically when it comes to reproduction becos at that age, she is close to menopause.

2. Domestic affairs, child bearing and upbringing may not be as easy and fun as we had it because of the age.

3. I paid N32,500 for this same son to resume kindergarten in Lagos then, same school collects N572,000 for same kindergarten entry as at the last time i checked in July 2016. Thats almost 1800% increase.

4. I have him drive me around sometimes which the lady at 40 may not enjoy until sometimes 58, all things being equal.

5. Now i can use my old age to enjoy myself and my wife for as long as God gives us life, not to be looking for school fees or following up on child education or upbringing even at 58. I have my wife back as my chick now.

6. I enjoy the gap between me and them cos we are able to create family fun and go for several games together here and abroad and we challenge ourselves to it, we attend same dance class, I play musical instrument and i was able to make all of them pick interest as well and i feel happy watching them handle musical instruments during music production.

People looked at me as stupid me when i decided to marry then, but i was able to focus early and build a standard.

Bros, the list is in-exhaustive on personal ground though, but that's not to say there are no advantages for the person getting married late but for me i prefer & can speak for early marriage.

Good Post!

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by blackprowler: 1:06pm On Dec 02, 2016
Kaysalas:

Easy bro! mind your words, no go dey insult elderly man abeg. but i really do agree with you, because the man graduate by 20, come get better job wey afford am fit marry by 22 abi na 24, now him kon get liver dey yarn us which one better pass. how many young people in naija today even at 26 upwards dey financially stable to marry. Abeg, wetin work for Taiye nor mean say e go work for Kehinde O!

But you don't know my age or who I am nau. One thing that's killing this mumu country is what you just pointed out: they don't want each person to live his own life according to his own circumstance. They want everybody to follow a particular script and that's why we've backstabbed and sold one-another out to meet up. Few days back there was a BBC discussion about African societies and how they keep emphasising child birth. Lo and behold, there were some who were in their '50s and '60s before having their first children. I am in my 40s and have never really had a relationship in the true sense of the word, let alone having a wife or children. I refuse to "measure up" and I'm living my life according to my circumstances, a product of parents who also wanted to "measure up" by marrying and having a large family without any clear plan how to live into the future. I took the bullet for the family in a way. Don't let me go too personal. Nigeria is composed of too many dumb people. Maybe the guy talking had capable parents who made life smooth for him, met a girl who he was compatible with, got a good job, liked to marry early and suddenly, that's how all of society should operate! I've not even talked about how quickly multiplying the population that is unproductive and waiting to share crude oil money is impoverishing the country ever more. I mean, how dumb can Nigerians get? The present UK Prime Minister married but she did not have children. No be people be dat? In Nigeria, they will say it's a curse or she's barren or she's a "prostitute". As I always say, NIGERIA IS A JOKE!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Kaysalas(m): 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2016
blackprowler:

But you don't know my age or who I am nau. One thing that's killing this mumu country is what you just pointed out: they don't want each person to live his own life according to his own circumstance. They want everybody to follow a particular script and that's why we've backstabbed and sold one-another out to meet up. Few days back there was a BBC discussion about African societies and how they keep emphasising child birth. Lo and behold, there were some who were in their '50s and '60s before having their first children. I am in my 40s and have never really had a relationship in the true sense of the word, let alone having a wife or children. I refuse to "measure up" and I'm living my life according to my circumstances, a product of parents who also wanted to "measure up" by marrying and having a large family without any clear plan how to live into the future. I took the bullet for the family in a way. Don't let me go too personal. Nigeria is composed of too many dumb people. Maybe the guy talking had capable parents who made life smooth for him, met a girl who he was compatible with, got a good job, liked to marry early and suddenly, that's how all of society should operate! I've not even talked about how quickly multiplying the population that is unproductive and waiting to share crude oil money is impoverishing the country ever more. I mean, how dumb can Nigerians get? The present UK Prime Minister married but she did not have children. No be people be dat? In Nigeria, they will say it's a curse or she's barren or she's a "prostitute". As I always say, NIGERIA IS A JOKE!
Hmnn! now, i can see that you are on a totally different page compared to us here. 40 and not married, no child? Bros! u get STRONG mind o. i am 30 and i am beginning to crack under pressure from right, left and centre. but truth be told, i never find my missing rib.
anyway sha, abeg, quickly find something do O, Bros, my own na child's play compared to your own. wink wink i nor envy you at all grin grin grin just kidding, no hating..cheers wink wink
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Ngokafor(f): 3:26pm On Dec 02, 2016
blackprowler:

See where Nigerian brain reach! Your rat race in life is about making your children graduate and all when you're still "very young". That's your idea of having lived a life? Oh god, this country is a joke. Nigeria will ultimately sink under the enormous weight of the people's stupidity. Foreign countries should bar us from entering their countries. What a people!

....Chai!!! cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by KingRex1(m): 4:33pm On Dec 02, 2016
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by florencepoko2: 5:27pm On Dec 02, 2016
Early marriages often lead to divorces because of the non maturity of the couple, and it is often the children of these marriages who suffer.
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by blackprowler: 5:33pm On Dec 02, 2016
Kaysalas:

Hmnn! now, i can see that you are on a totally different page compared to us here. 40 and not married, no child? Bros! u get STRONG mind o. i am 30 and i am beginning to crack under pressure from right, left and centre. but truth be told, i never find my missing rib.
anyway sha, abeg, quickly find something do O, Bros, my own na child's play compared to your own. wink wink i nor envy you at all grin grin grin just kidding, no hating..cheers wink wink

Of course, I didn't expect you to get it. Oh God, I UNDERSTAND Nigeria but they don't believe me. To you, marry, born, have grandkids as the philosophy of life is like moving from pry 1, pry 6, Jss, sss, university etc. So the one in SS3 is senior to one in primary 6 and the latter has to automatically aspire to be in that SS3 and so on and so forth. Now, this is despite my explanation to you. Let me break it to you again, THERE IS NO LAW THAT YOU MUST MARRY AT ALL EVEN AT 100 OR TO HAVE KIDS. Oprah get moni; she never marry one day, no kids and she's over 60 and a dollar billionaire. You know, I've said repeatedly that until we re-examine our understanding of what we value and what matters in life, we will continue to be in the problems we're in. Go and read. Leave what mama, papa, uncle, friend, nairaland and Nollywood says and think with your own brain and look at other peoples of the world and how they live and if you try hard enough, you might just get wiser. Nigeria was bastardised in the last one generation and it affected the youth. Instead of that to reflect on their outlook on life, they're still trying to copy their parent's generation where life was much easier and straightforward and indeed the abuse of over-reproduction then is why we're suffering today as no one is farming again and an ever increasing population is reliant on "oyel moni". Look: many things dey and it's so tragic that instead of grappling with serious issues, Nigerian youths are just preoccupied with music, Nollywood and reality TV glitz. I no fit shout. I only regret I'm trapped in Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by nacozee: 7:42pm On Dec 02, 2016
DavidEsq:

Why u dey vex for her na. I know wat I used to be 6-8 years ago. Now I'm more mature, more tolerant, considerate, appreciating, bla bla bla, for good.
abeg! that you were immature 6-8 years ago doesnt mean everyone else was like you at that time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photo Of Beautiful Family Of 8 Children / CCTV Exposed His Daughter's Sexual Escapade. / Woman Rejects Christmas Car Gift From Her 200 Level Undergraduate Son (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.