Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,814 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Hurray !!! Hausa To Become Nigeria's Second Official Language - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hurray !!! Hausa To Become Nigeria's Second Official Language (6976 Views)

Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic / Which Present State Governor Would You Like To Become Nigeria's Next President? / Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hurray !!! Hausa To Become Nigeria's Second Official Language by Tyviv(f): 8:42am On Dec 02, 2016
Not possible

1 Like

Re: Hurray !!! Hausa To Become Nigeria's Second Official Language by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 02, 2016
Stupedinluv:
gringrin
geeez I want you!grin
Re: Hurray !!! Hausa To Become Nigeria's Second Official Language by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 02, 2016
Tallesty1:
Nah so you tall abi nah the camera still increase your height?
na so i tall o grin
Re: Hurray !!! Hausa To Become Nigeria's Second Official Language by Tallesty1(m): 9:18am On Dec 02, 2016
Stupedinluv:
na so i tall o grin
We should get married asaply.

*dodges bullet* Who fired that shot?

You got bodyguards here?
Re: Hurray !!! Hausa To Become Nigeria's Second Official Language by Mist100: 9:58am On Dec 02, 2016
what happened to pidgin English which about 300 million Nigerians speak. I also counted those in diaspora.

2 Likes

Re: Hurray !!! Hausa To Become Nigeria's Second Official Language by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 02, 2016
Stupedinluv:
I prefer hausa, an indigenous language to be lingua franca than english, a foreign language forced on my ancestors

This is the best news ive heard this week.

Way to go

Going to perfect my hausa. smiley

2nded.... dont mind those tribalist

1 Like

Re: Hurray !!! Hausa To Become Nigeria's Second Official Language by chudyprince: 10:42am On Dec 02, 2016
Afonjas where una dey?

1 Like

Re: Hurray !!! Hausa To Become Nigeria's Second Official Language by ihitenansa: 11:13am On Dec 02, 2016
asorocker:

and you think now if they start forcing you to accept Hausa as your lingua franca igbos would repeat the regrateable mistakes they made in the 60s , I thinks igbos have learn their lessons , only fools make the same mistake twice
iji okwu di anyi! Any group dat doesn't like any of dese domineering moves by hausas should speak up and act up. Igbos will neva spearhead any such agitations in naija. The one wen we go in the 60's we neva return.

Igbos are not class monitors in nigeria - odumegwu ojukwu jnr

Nigerians are bloody hypocrites! They will still be the ones to turn around to unleash genocides on igbos wen they decide 2 take on the general oppressor!

For me,let us remain in ds untold sufferings 2geda. Afterall recession no concern the average rugged igbo man. Na for news and gists we dey hear recession. Udo nu

3 Likes

Re: Hurray !!! Hausa To Become Nigeria's Second Official Language by drnoel: 12:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
TippyTop:
This is why I want Igbos to remain part of Nigeria, if Igbos leave, Hausa would become our lingua franca.

Lol, u can hold back a flying horse
Re: Hurray !!! Hausa To Become Nigeria's Second Official Language by Xflint(m): 12:44pm On Dec 02, 2016
grin
Re: Hurray !!! Hausa To Become Nigeria's Second Official Language by drnoel: 12:45pm On Dec 02, 2016
asorocker:

and you think now if they start forcing you to accept Hausa as your lingua franca igbos would repeat the regrateable mistakes they made in the 60s , I thinks igbos have learn their lessons , only fools make the same mistake twice

True but u should know thats its only a dead igbo man that will willingly learn and accept hausa as second language. The reason is simply cause they already have a second lanuage which is igbo. It will feel like loosing their identity and igbos are a very proud lot. They are also very fanatical about their identity. Its will be a mistake if they try cos it will be another reason they ignos will hold on to to reunite warring factions
Re: Hurray !!! Hausa To Become Nigeria's Second Official Language by konamiAmazu: 1:26pm On Dec 02, 2016
Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Hurray !!! Hausa To Become Nigeria's Second Official Language by timsTNA: 1:29pm On Dec 02, 2016
Stupedinluv:
I prefer hausa, an indigenous language to be lingua franca than english, a foreign language forced on my ancestors

Way to go

So when we go for UN meetings we sill speak hausa to other countries abi
Re: Hurray !!! Hausa To Become Nigeria's Second Official Language by waternogetenemy: 6:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
ezeagu:

And what about the Biafrans in Lagos and Abuja, the ones with all the money? They and their children must learn Hausa na, or is it that language called Igbo that nobody can speak properly anymore that they will speak?

u joker! have u learnt hausa? grin
Re: Hurray !!! Hausa To Become Nigeria's Second Official Language by ezeagu(m): 7:56pm On Dec 02, 2016
waternogetenemy:

u joker! have u learnt hausa? grin

Dey there, when I earn PhD in Hausa studies you will still be at primary level.

1 Like

Re: Hurray !!! Hausa To Become Nigeria's Second Official Language by ganye1: 8:28pm On Dec 02, 2016
Those misguided IPods, speaking trash, shall be reminded that the great Zik of Africa and Ojukwu too spoke Hausa.
Re: Hurray !!! Hausa To Become Nigeria's Second Official Language by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 9:16pm On Dec 02, 2016
dikeigbo2:
Hausa speakers has reached 120 million including cows,donkeys and camels.
This is laughable and should be moved to jokes section

They just sit in their rooms and churn out numbers anyhow. Do these people think we're demented or what?

Some of this baseless statistics, seem insulting to me.
Re: Hurray !!! Hausa To Become Nigeria's Second Official Language by oboy3(m): 8:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
ganye1:
Those misguided IPods, speaking trash, shall be reminded that the great Zik of Africa and Ojukwu too spoke Hausa.
So because they spoke Hausa therefore it should be our official language?

from your comment,i can guess where you from
Re: Hurray !!! Hausa To Become Nigeria's Second Official Language by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 04, 2016
Stupedinluv:

Way to go

If you're from the south I must tell you: You're very very blind. Many people like you in this country need help.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The 500m Rich Yoruba Man Is Now A Beggar~photos / FG To Spend N22.44bn On Feeding Inmates / 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.