Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers - Car Talk (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers (84423 Views)

11 Mistakes Most Nigerian Car Owners Make / Highlander For Volvo XC 90 / Urgent HELP Needed: Transmission Issues For Volvo S80 2.9L (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Horlawoomey(m): 9:06am On Apr 03, 2023
valarinz:

Fantastic!!!

Just ordered same exact engine spec for myself too, but an S60, will arrive next month

You've got good eyes bro

Good day boss. I will like to know how much one can get a neatly used 2006 - 2009 s60 and s40 currently.

Foreign used qoute will also be appreciated.

Thank you, sir
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 9:09am On Apr 03, 2023
Horlawoomey:

Good day boss. I will like to know how much one can get a neatly used 2006 - 2009 s60 and s40 currently.

Foreign used qoute will also be appreciated.

Thank you, sir

For Naija used, you should get between ₦1.5m - ₦1.8m, be double wary of prices fall below those ranges (this is being practical here)

As for foreign used, new NCS duty template have made those very unattractive, you're looking at North of ₦5m for those cars. You're paying 2014 duty on it

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Horlawoomey(m): 9:58am On Apr 03, 2023
valarinz:

For Naija used, you should get between ₦1.5m - ₦1.8m, be double wary of prices fall below those ranges (this is being practical here)

As for foreign used, new NCS duty template have made those very unattractive, you're looking at North of ₦5m for those cars. You're paying 2014 duty on it

Thank you for the prompt response, sir
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Amisec2: 8:00pm On Apr 03, 2023
Hello,
Hope your Tranny is still going on strong. Please how do I get this oil now?

aejaywhite:
hello guys, ive finally resolved the transmission issue. All i did was to change the transmission fluid. I had used Toyota Type IV which made the transmission slip and shuddering glaring. On switching to Everest Dexron VI, my transmission now works perfectly
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Bigyusluv: 2:57pm On Apr 11, 2023
valarinz:

good day sir, I hv gotten an xc90 pls sir what the best Castrol oil to be used , as it only showing Castrol on the cap head, also my oil dealer advice I used valvoline 5w30 full synthetic oil, it’s a v8 engine
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 4:30pm On Apr 11, 2023
Bigyusluv:
good day sir, I hv gotten an xc90 pls sir what the best Castrol oil to be used , as it only showing Castrol on the cap head, also my oil dealer advice I used valvoline 5w30 full synthetic oil, it’s a v8 engine

Firstly, congrats on your new acquisition, hope it serves you well

If it's foreign used, then there's the assumption the previous owner followed factory recommendations which will be to stick with 5W30 or 5W40 genuine oils

But if it's Naija used, then you have to verify what oil was previously being used by former owner and continue with it

As for Castrol, we tend to favour the 5W40 weight because it's slightly thicker, the 5W30 usually do short before next service date
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by spotball(m): 5:52pm On Apr 11, 2023
Good evening, i am interested in 2007-2009 Nigerian used s40 but being discouraged because the parts are rare and expensive. I am told the engine alone cost 350,000. Please i need information about the car. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Bigyusluv: 10:23pm On Apr 11, 2023
valarinz:

Firstly, congrats on your new acquisition, hope it serves you well

If it's foreign used, then there's the assumption the previous owner followed factory recommendations which will be to stick with 5W30 or 5W40 genuine oils

But if it's Naija used, then you have to verify what oil was previously being used by former owner and continue with it

As for Castrol, we tend to favour the 5W40 weight because it's slightly thicker, the 5W30 usually do short before next service date
thank you boss. It’s foreign used ,Any where I can get the Castrol original
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Wizdeen(m): 8:00pm On Apr 16, 2023
Hi valentine.

Please add me to your WhatsApp group. I want to know more about Volvo especially the T5/T6 engines. I am a JDM enthusiastic but i have been hearing so much positive reviews on the volvo. I am in interested in owning a s40/s60 very soon God willing for my first car. Thanks a lot and well done on the good job.
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2023

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by seco1: 7:39pm On May 05, 2023
Good evening the gurus, please my volvo xc90 is showing SRS airbag service urgent and check engine after servicing the car at mobil filling station.
kindly assist.
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by cluewebhost(m): 8:02pm On May 05, 2023
seco1:
Good evening the gurus, please my volvo xc90 is showing SRS airbag service urgent and check engine after servicing the car at mobil filling station.
kindly assist.

1. What and what did they loosen to do the servicing?
2. Scan it to see what's throwing the code.
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by seco1: 8:54pm On May 05, 2023
Thank you
they only change the filter and loosened the under so that the black oil could come out
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by bastien: 10:05am On May 08, 2023
Hello house, good morning, pls I need a good mechanic for my Volvo xc90 who is good in legs I need my car legs to be worked on, I no dey like this noise I dey hear when I enter gallup roads! I reside in Lagos
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by aejaywhite: 12:40pm On May 08, 2023
Amisec2:
Hello,
Hope your Tranny is still going on strong. Please how do I get this oil now?

Hello, the fluid change helped But had to change the tranny after six months. The car moves well presently. So i suggest you change the tranny .

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 12:37am On May 11, 2023
bastien:
Hello house, good morning, pls I need a good mechanic for my Volvo xc90 who is good in legs I need my car legs to be worked on, I no dey like this noise I dey hear when I enter gallup roads! I reside in Lagos

Call/WhatsApp me for reliable contact
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by ojialo(m): 2:19pm On Jun 18, 2023
Between XC90 and S80 2008 models which is preferable.
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 9:36pm On Jun 18, 2023
ojialo:
Between XC90 and S80 2008 models which is preferable.

Same car Sir
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Johnsonifeoluwa(m): 6:39am On Jun 19, 2023
Hello Mr Valariz my mums vovlo is actually giving her issues and there are no compitent engineer in Ogunstate to resolve it please where is your workshop so we can bring it over thank you
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 12:34pm On Jun 20, 2023
Johnsonifeoluwa:
Hello Mr Valariz my mums vovlo is actually giving her issues and there are no compitent engineer in Ogunstate to resolve it please where is your workshop so we can bring it over thank you

Call/WhatsApp me for recommendations
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by bastien: 7:27pm On Oct 06, 2023
Good evening sirs, How is the rear light for 07 XC90, one big truck just break on of my light

Cc Valarinz
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by mrkingshok(m): 1:18pm On Oct 12, 2023
The car is a very nice car, and it's very strong and flashy to the extent that it attracts eyes like as if it's a benz product.
spotball:
Good evening, i am interested in 2007-2009 Nigerian used s40 but being discouraged because the parts are rare and expensive. I am told the engine alone cost 350,000. Please i need information about the car. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by dasanchez1(m): 6:10pm On Nov 08, 2023
valarinz:

Fantastic!!!

Just ordered same exact engine spec for myself too, but an S60, will arrive next month

You've got good eyes bro
. Help me with a review of this S60 t6 2013 abeg
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 8:56am On Nov 09, 2023
dasanchez1:

One word:

Buy

✌🏾👍🏾🤝🏾

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Port443: 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2023
dasanchez1:
T5 is everywhere. That t6 is rare, I've got eyes on it too. Please if you manage to get it, please update us here, I'll be very happy to drop my es350 and go for it I believe a little modification, one can achieve at least over 350HP with that turbo charger or better still, get the r design cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by jceesquare(m): 4:07pm On Nov 09, 2023
Port443:

T5 is everywhere. That t6 is rare, I've got eyes on it too. Please if you manage to get it, please update us here, I'll be very happy to drop my es350 and go for it I believe a little modification, one can achieve at least over 350HP with that turbo charger or better still, get the r design cool
What kind of modification? And how would you dyno test to confirm your horsepower claim?
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Port443: 5:08pm On Nov 09, 2023
jceesquare:

What kind of modification? And how would you dyno test to confirm your horsepower claim?
Well, not really a claim, it's achievable. The r design and typical t6 has exact same engine. Just a little tuning on the intake and exhaust. Not sure it will require ecu manipulation though
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by jceesquare(m): 1:57am On Nov 10, 2023
Port443:

Well, not really a claim, it's achievable. The r design and typical t6 has exact same engine. Just a little tuning on the intake and exhaust. Not sure it will require ecu manipulation though
Nobody is saying you can't achieve humongous power from a modified engine.
Here in Nigeria, do you know any tuning company that would do those things you're imagining and dyno test the car for you abi you're saying it because you've watched a video where it was done overseas.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Kingdemu: 4:26pm On Nov 10, 2023
jceesquare:

Nobody is saying you can't achieve humongous power from a modified engine.
Here in Nigeria, do you know any tuning company that would do those things you're imagining and dyno test the car for you abi you're saying it because you've watched a video where it was done overseas.
grin

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by jerryprince1000: 7:06pm On Jan 13
Guys pls with the current cost of fuel and cost of parts do you still advice a volvo xc90 2008 over a toyota highlander 2005 even though used xc90 is cheaper? Sorry I know that this tread is for volvo only, I need to make this decision
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 5:11pm On Jan 14
jerryprince1000:
Guys pls with the current cost of fuel and cost of parts do you still advice a volvo xc90 2008 over a toyota highlander 2005 even though used xc90 is cheaper? Sorry I know that this tread is for volvo only, I need to make this decision

When you finally decide and it's the Volvo, you can come over and make sure you patronise us 😊

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Imo Black Cab: Innoson Buses Replace Keke In Owerri (Photos) / What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) / Funny Number Plate Seen On A Highway In Afghanistan (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.