Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers - Car Talk (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers (84673 Views)

11 Mistakes Most Nigerian Car Owners Make / Highlander For Volvo XC 90 / Urgent HELP Needed: Transmission Issues For Volvo S80 2.9L (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by aejaywhite: 8:07am On Dec 22, 2021
My transmission slips. Car is an xc90 v8 2007.went online and realized that the model was plagued by transmission issues. Please who has experienced this transmission issue and how was it resolved? I'll appreciate any helpful comment
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by gem70: 11:50am On Dec 22, 2021
Good morning friends. Can anyone recommend volvo mechanic around Ipaja area of Lagos if possible.

Than you
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by sonety2k(m): 5:28am On Dec 26, 2021
Following
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by autologic: 10:14am On Dec 26, 2021
gem70:
Good morning friends. Can anyone recommend volvo mechanic around Ipaja area of Lagos if possible.

Than you
If you can come around ikeja axis
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by autologic: 10:16am On Dec 26, 2021
gem70:

Than you
Autologic autocare .
Nigerian Airforce Vehicle Repair Base
https://maps.app./UVyXJeG3PhZWdDPH6

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by 2felix(m): 11:48am On Dec 27, 2021
autologic:

Good morning friends. Can anyone recommend volvo mechanic around Asaba area of Delta state if possible.
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by cluewebhost(m): 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2021
aejaywhite:
My transmission slips. Car is an xc90 v8 2007.went online and realized that the model was plagued by transmission issues. Please who has experienced this transmission issue and how was it resolved? I'll appreciate any helpful comment

Changing the fluid properly helps if it isn't far gone.
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by simeontos(m): 1:19am On Jan 04, 2022
I have a clean toyota corolla 08, working perfect will like to swap with a volvo s60 2012-13 clean one. Reason for swapping is because the lightness of the car why driving. I have been driving volvo since 2015 decided to try out a new car but I discovered I can't handle any speed above 120. Contact me on o8o38327512. Whatsapp

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Hyrettie(m): 6:59am On Jan 05, 2022
Good day
Please what type of ATF oil can I use for my Volvo XC90 2004 model...what is written on the dipstick is 'SWEDEN 8675188'. My mechanic just changed the oil on the 1st of January 2022 using Oando Dextron III after a through cleaning of the filter and driving it yesterday; its displaying 'Transmission Service Required' on the clockboard/message/information board.

Please kindly advise on how to proceed on this...
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 8:45am On Jan 05, 2022
Hyrettie:
Good day
Please what type of ATF oil can I use for my Volvo XC90 2004 model...what is written on the dipstick is 'SWEDEN 8675188'. My mechanic just changed the oil on the 1st of January 2022 using Oando Dextron III after a through cleaning of the filter and driving it yesterday; its displaying 'Transmission Service Required' on the clockboard/message/information board.

Please kindly advise on how to proceed on this...

Oando Dexron III is just ok for your car, the message you have on dash should be scanned to find out why it's come up

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by jerryprince1000: 9:14pm On Jan 05, 2022
I just saw this tread. I'm buying a volvo xc90 from a friend and a/c is faulty and I want to work it. Anyone to help recommend a GOOD a/c mechanic. I reside at Ojodu but the ac person could be at ladipo, mushin or environ I don't mind

Thanks.
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Hyrettie(m): 11:22pm On Jan 05, 2022
Thanks a bunch Valarinz
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 1:24am On Jan 06, 2022
jerryprince1000:
I just saw this tread. I'm buying a volvo xc90 from a friend and a/c is faulty and I want to work it. Anyone to help recommend a GOOD a/c mechanic. I reside at Ojodu but the ac person could be at ladipo, mushin or environ I don't mind

Thanks.
contact mosbus
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by jerryprince1000: 10:40pm On Jan 06, 2022
Where is their contact address
MASTAkiLLAh:
contact mosbus
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by jerryprince1000: 11:10pm On Jan 06, 2022
I have searched and gotten it. Thanks. I noticed the guy has a huge number of positive reviews. Why didn't I come to nairaland all these years when my honda a/c refused all repairs even at oyingbo. I had to sell the car. Will contact him.
jerryprince1000:
Where is their contact address

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 5:47am On Jan 07, 2022
jerryprince1000:
I have searched and gotten it. Thanks. I noticed the guy has a huge number of positive reviews. Why didn't I come to nairaland all these years when my honda a/c refused all repairs even at oyingbo. I had to sell the car. Will contact him.
we learn everyday from our mistakes. Pls Post a review after you've met with him, thanks
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by jerryprince1000: 11:48am On Jan 07, 2022
Ok I will. Thanks much
MASTAkiLLAh:
we learn everyday from our mistakes. Pls Post a review after you've met with him, thanks

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Hyrettie(m): 2:11pm On Jan 07, 2022
The result of the scan shows that there is an Hydraulic fault...could this be as a result of the ATF Oil or could it be that Dexron III is not sufficient for it?
I was also told that i will need to put in another oil...possibbly an higher version....Dexron VI...I need your expert advise on this please
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by aejaywhite: 8:09am On Jan 11, 2022
aejaywhite:
hello guys, ive finally resolved the transmission issue. All i did was to change the transmission fluid. I had used Toyota Type IV which made the transmission slip and shuddering glaring. On switching to Everest Dexron VI, my transmission now works perfectly

6 Likes

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by aejaywhite: 8:45am On Jan 11, 2022
aejaywhite:
hello guys, ive finally resolved the transmission issue. All i did was to change the transmission fluid. I had used Toyota Type IV which made the transmission slip and shuddering glaring. On switching to Everest Dexron VI, my transmission now works perfectly
. For those who might want to get the fluid, their IG handle is everestoil.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by chuxmgc: 11:31am On Jan 13, 2022
Please house I just got volvo S80 9ja used.. The car when I start it in the morning you can raise it will go off unless after like 5 to 10 mins when the engine has warm up properly... What cold be the issue please?
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Hyrettie(m): 9:39am On Jan 15, 2022
Good morning Valarinz
Does Volvo XC90 2005 model has coolant for transmission? I was told that Transmission is experiencing overheating because I have changed my ATF oil twice this year and month! At first Oando Dexron III was used and when I read the manual I saw JWS 3309, as such it was changed to that this Monday Jan 10, only to discover while going home yesterday that it's experiencing difficulties in changing gear automatically and when moved to manual, it does not change from 3 at all. When the car is cool, it works normally again.
Could it be the overheating or what could be the problem...I had to pack the car in a brother's house in Anthony last night...
Can I have your contact pls and what can recommend me to do pls

Honest opinions are welcome pls
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 10:07am On Jan 15, 2022
Hyrettie:
Good morning Valarinz
Does Volvo XC90 2005 model has coolant for transmission? I was told that Transmission is experiencing overheating because I have changed my ATF oil twice this year and month! At first Oando Dexron III was used and when I read the manual I saw JWS 3309, as such it was changed to that this Monday Jan 10, only to discover while going home yesterday that it's experiencing difficulties in changing gear automatically and when moved to manual, it does not change from 3 at all. When the car is cool, it works normally again.
Could it be the overheating or what could be the problem...I had to pack the car in a brother's house in Anthony last night...
Can I have your contact pls and what can recommend me to do pls

Honest opinions are welcome pls

Yes, the gear oil has a coolant that's inside the right plastic of the radiator,the gear oil flows in and out of that plastic and gets cooled while driving

But what you're experiencing is most likely fibre damage, I suspect your tranny is bad now.

08032897486 is my number though, whatsapp me if you need technicians contacts further
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by 2felix(m): 6:53pm On Jan 31, 2022
Kindly recommend a reliable
volvo mechanic in Asaba, Delta state.
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by dominicohai(m): 2:05pm On Feb 05, 2022
valarinz:

Yes, the gear oil has a coolant that's inside the right plastic of the radiator,the gear oil flows in and out of that plastic and gets cooled while driving

But what you're experiencing is most likely fibre damage, I suspect your tranny is bad now.

08032897486 is my number though, whatsapp me if you need technicians contacts further

Good afternoon Valarinz,

So the road leading to my house is very bad. When rain falls, I have nightmares stepping out of my house. I'm seriously considering getting the XC90. Please can you confirm the vehicle can withstand flooded roads? Also, when I get it, I hope you are around Lagos cos you'll be my go-to auto guy. Thanks
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by mh53(m): 5:07pm On Feb 05, 2022
Does anyone here have any experience with a 2013/2014 S80 T6 (3.0T engine with 300bhp + AWD)? I am presently bored of my current car and I am considering getting one as a replacement. I love the styling of the 13/14 S60 but i find it a bit too small. I have used an XC90 extensively in the past and a first gen S80 briefly.
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 5:41pm On Feb 05, 2022
dominicohai:

Good afternoon Valarinz,

So the road leading to my house is very bad. When rain falls, I have nightmares stepping out of my house. I'm seriously considering getting the XC90. Please can you confirm the vehicle can withstand flooded roads? Also, when I get it, I hope you are around Lagos cos you'll be my go-to auto guy. Thanks

Flawlessly
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by GreenWorld: 5:25pm On Feb 06, 2022
Hello Volvo gurus in the house. Please i have a Volvo XC90 2008 and i noticed the power steering fluid is leaking, need a Volvo Mech around Abule Egba to assist. Thank you.

Cc Valarinz
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by mcadexstitches: 8:38am On Feb 08, 2022
Volvo 2002 v60 was rarely mention on this thread, hope there is no problem

And I am planning of getting one
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by chuxmgc: 7:59pm On Feb 08, 2022
Good evening house, please I need contact of someone selling volvo SPEEDOMETER BOARD for volvo S80 2010 model.

I just got the car 9ja used and the fuel gauge is not working.
Please kindly assist house
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by chuxmgc: 9:34am On Feb 09, 2022
Good morning Fam, pl I need speedometer board for volvo S80, who can recommend a seller for me
Attached is the speedometer board. The fuel gauge is not working so I was told its the speedometer board.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Funny Number Plate Seen On A Highway In Afghanistan (Photo) / Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m / LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.