Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,425 members, 7,864,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:20 AM

I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. (3795 Views)

What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman / Do You Think The World Would Ever End / I Think I'm Losing My Belief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by availableisme: 8:50am On Dec 03, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

I didn't mean that as an insult. Sorry if you perceived it as such. I was just being honest. You didn't make any point. You were just asking me incoherent questions that although had valid answers were a bit disjointed.

How does the questions you asked refute the premise of my thread?

Do I sound like I am trying to make "a point"? Do you think I wish to refute anything?

I am seeing beyond your words hence my questions. in the USA you would have been taken in for an intervention for reasoning the way you do as its sadistic and nihilistic. People who have been Profiled by law enforcement and discovered to have commited violent crimes fit your profile.

You are in a downward spiral but it only takes someone who would say he knows this is not normal and he needs help who woul get it. I see you are still proud of your current position.

However you would do well to answer the questions I asked earlier. I may be a phychiatrist by profession, you never can tell can you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by availableisme: 8:54am On Dec 03, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

Where did I say I was special or had unique experiences?

Great. So why did you decide to have kids?

No, actually you didn't try to converse with me. You were just asking me disjointed questions without making any salient point, and then went on to say that I was depressed.

I chose to have kids because I needed someone to transfer myself into in terms of knowledge, love, purpose! it wasnt due to procreation as that is simply a means to an end. The end is the effect all this would have in our world.

If everyone was barren do you think we would see beauty or increase in knowledge or any reason for anything?

1 Like

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 03, 2016
availableisme:

Do I sound like I am trying to make "a point"? Do you think I wish to refute anything?

I am seeing beyond your words hence my questions. in the USA you would have been taken in for an intervention for reasoning the way you do as its sadistic and nihilistic. People who have been Profiled by law enforcement and discovered to have commited violent crimes fit your profile.

You are in a downward spiral but it only takes someone who would say he knows this is not normal and he needs help who woul get it. I see you are still proud of your current position.

However you would do well to answer the questions I asked earlier. I may be a phychiatrist by profession, you never can tell can you?

So you aren't trying to make any point? So what exactly are you doing?

The way you people use words though. If you don't know the meaning of a word, don't use it. How is my behavior representative of that of a sadist? Do you even know what sadism is?

What profile? So making philosophical arguments and thinking honestly about the nature of my world makes me a potential violent criminal? Empathy is one of the things that brought me to this position in the first place. Violent criminals do not possess empathy. Those who did have managed to suppress it. If there is anyone who doesn't possess empathy, it's people like you who don't see anything wrong with the world, despite the overwhelming level of suffering meted out indiscriminately on a daily basis to innocent people.

I am not proud of my current position, why would I be? Please address my thread's premise and stop making this about me. We are discussing ideas not ourselves.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by availableisme: 9:02am On Dec 03, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

So you aren't trying to make any point? So what exactly are you doing?

The way you people use words though. If you don't know the meaning of a word, don't use it. How is my behavior representative of that of a sadist? Do you even know what sadism is?

What profile? So making philosophical arguments and thinking honestly about the nature of my world makes me a potential violent criminal? Empathy is one of the things that brought me to this position in the first place. Violent criminals do not possess empathy. Those who did have managed to suppress it. If there is anyone who doesn't possess empathy, it's people like you who don't see anything wrong with the world, despite the overwhelming level of suffering meted out on a daily basis to innocent people.

I am not proud of my current position, why would I be? Please address my thread's premise and stop making this about me. We are discussing ideas not ourselves.

since you fail to realize that your words are an extension of you, then we are done here. cheers

1 Like

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 03, 2016
availableisme:

I chose to have kids because I needed someone to transfer myself into in terms of knowledge, love, purpose! it wasnt due to procreation as that is simply a means to an end. The end is the effect all this would have in our world.

If everyone was barren do you think we would see beauty or increase in knowledge or any reason for anything?

You need someone to transfer yourself into? How does that even happen? Didn't you consider the fact that in other to fulfill your goals of transferring yourself into someone, you were bringing someone into this wicked, hostile world to suffer and struggle incessantly to survive, and then die at the end, probably after witnessing the death of most or all of his loved ones? Isn't this "need" a selfish one, since it's just to fulfill your own desires?

An increase in knowledge is an increase in pain. The more one knows, the more he sees the truth. It's knowledge that led me to this philosophical position in the first place. I followed the history of humans right from our evolution as homo sapiens to our current state, and it's one of pointlessness and futility. All we have done is create more problem for ourselves in the guise of making our lives better.

If everyone was barren, then our race would stop existing and this foolish process would stop. There is beauty, but there is also ugliness and the ugliness outweighs the beauty. And unlike beauty which is a subjective experience, the ugliness is equally seen in the same light, everywhere, and this ugliness persists in various forms, such as death, natural disasters, sickness, torture, pain, suffering. And trying to sidestep all this and only look at the so called beauty is disingenuous and morally indefensible.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by LiberaDeus: 9:34am On Dec 03, 2016
@OP its because of this your view point that KingEbuka can equate atheism with nihilism.

Why should we end it? In this vast and mighty universe where our planet is like an atom in a baseball field, we have been given the gift of consciousness. Think of life like a fashion walkway where different models get their chance for like 7 seconds. You have been given a chance to live between the late 20th century and the late 21st century. Enjoy that chance, do all you wish to do when you have the opportunity. This realization should make you enjoy every moment of life.

2 Likes

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by finofaya: 9:42am On Dec 03, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

I never advocated for murder or suicide. I just said we need to stop procreating.

I think your position will be more workable if you advocate suicide. That way anyone who doesn't want any more of this can make their grand exit their own terms. I think one grim reality you should face is that, however absurd it may seem to you, a lot of people strongly believe that life is worth living and as a result they must make the selfish choice to procreate, on the premise that life will be as good to the children as it has been to them.

With the option of suicide, procreation can be viewed as providing the opportunity of experiencing life to some one on the understanding that they are at total liberty to cast it away if it's not entirely to their liking. This has the added advantage of addressing the concerns of people on both sides of the divide; those who will see no point in their having been born and those who will see a point or two in it.

The solution you're proposing in your OP unduly favours people like you who see no point in being alive.
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by dalaman: 10:10am On Dec 03, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

How is life good? What's good about it? Is it the constant, unending struggle for survival? Is it the diseases, death and the sufferings of millions of people? Is it the fact that everyone you know and love would die, probably early on in life? Is it the hanging thread of uncertainty we have to live with all our lives? Is it the fact that we possess empathy and we can understand the pain of others and affectively experience it? Is it the fact that innocent people die everyday, in horrendous fashion, and more would die today, and tomorrow, and the next, and these people have those who love and care about them? Is it the fact that we live in a society that's built to favor a small percentage of people while the majority are used as toys, to laboriously do all the work for these people, while being made to believe in the illusion of success? Is it the strong probability of large scales wars in the future that would lead to the death of millions of people? What's really good about life? Look through history. The story of humanity has been one of genocides, slavery, oppression, wars, religious killings, disease outbreaks, the death of humans by their own creations, like cars, planes, ships and trains. What's the goodness in all of this? And what's funny is that most of these are still happening currently and would happen in the future.

Because you think life is good for you, maybe due to your own subjective experience, illusory perception and denial of reality, doesn't mean it's good for every other person, and doesn't give you the right to force someone into it. Statements like yours shows a complete lack of empathy and the inability to care about the suffering of other humans. Comments like yours is what's bad about the world.

Life is anything but good. It's unfair and wicked. And it's foolish, selfish and immoral for conscious, intelligent creatures like us who have the ability to see through life's grim cloud, to keep on breeding.

The continuity of the human race is only going to lead to more suffering and death.

Long like the river Nile but still meaningless to me because it contains a lot of false conclusions and too much question begging.
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Immorttal: 11:25am On Dec 03, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

You need someone to transfer yourself into? How does that even happen? Didn't you consider the fact that in other to fulfill your goals of transferring yourself into someone, you were bringing someone into this wicked, hostile world to suffer and struggle incessantly to survive, and then die at the end, probably after witnessing the death of most or all of his loved ones? Isn't this "need" a selfish one, since it's just to fulfill your own desires?

An increase in knowledge is an increase in pain. The more one knows, the more he sees the truth. It's knowledge that led me to this philosophical position in the first place. I followed the history of humans right from our evolution as homo sapiens to our current state, and it's one of pointlessness and futility. All we have done is create more problem for ourselves in the guise of making our lives better.

If everyone was barren, then our race would stop existing and this foolish process would stop. There is beauty, but there is also ugliness and the ugliness outweighs the beauty. And unlike beauty which is a subjective experience, the ugliness is equally seen in the same light, everywhere, and this ugliness persists in various forms, such as death, natural disasters, sickness, torture, pain, suffering. And trying to sidestep all this and only look at the so called beauty is disingenuous and morally indefensible.
only if you knew that consciousness continues after death then your assertions could change a little bit.
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by ScienceWatch: 1:08pm On Dec 03, 2016
skeendyke:
The view of life from an atheist's perspective. They see no sense or purpose to their existence. All through their lives on earth they struggle to come to terms with their existence, refusing to accept it because they see existence as a meaningless venture, a venture without purpose.

This is why most atheists are suicidal and genocidal. Ticking bombs waiting to go off.
Atheism is a mental disorder or illness :

The results of this study have unnerved even the most stoic scientists, physicians and researchers.

New information from a 22-year old study at a German University has many psychiatrists and psychologists throughout the world wondering if atheism is a sign or warning of a more serious mental illness already present or in the process of developing.

Doctors are searching for a gene that might cause a correlation between serious mental illness and what they are calling “overt atheism.”

For the time being psychiatrists and research psychologists in Germany and Switzerland are calling this medical anomaly, “The Misfit Syndrome.”
Doctors at the University in Hamburg have been investigating the connection between religious beliefs and overall mental health and the results of the study have unnerved even the most stoic scientists, physicians and researchers.
View the full article here:
http://thedamienzone.com/2012/08/17/atheism-as-a-mental-disorder-or-illness-new-studies-say-yes/
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:17am On Dec 06, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You just love seeing your threads on the front board abi?

Sure why not

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Will Become An Atheist, When You Understand The Bible / Holy Week Journey To The Cross / Why Did Jesus Curse The Fig Tree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.