Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

25 Must Read Quotes About Love And Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 25 Must Read Quotes About Love And Life (735 Views)

GIRLS: Why My Exes Still Love And Respect Me And What To Learn From It [PICTURE] / Robert Mugabe`s Quotes About Romance / Awesome And Inspiring Quotes About Love And Relationship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 Must Read Quotes About Love And Life by positivestory: 10:31am On Dec 03, 2016
1. “A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.” - Honore de Balzac

2. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one” - C.S. Lewis

3. “The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.” - Thomas Merton

4. “When a woman is talking to you, listen to what she says with her eyes.” - Victor Hugo

5. “We can improve our relationships with others by leaps and bounds if we become encouragers instead of critics.” - Joyce Meyer

6. “Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something: they’re trying to find someone who’s going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take.” - Anthony Robbins

7. “The royal road to a man’s heart is to talk to him about the things he treasures most.” - Dale Carnegie

8. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” - Oprah Winfrey

9. “A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself — to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart.” - Leo F. Buscaglia

10. “When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.” - Donald Miller

11. “They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” - Carl W. Buechner

12. “People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.” - Joseph F. Newton Men

13. “Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust and hostility to evaporate.” - Albert Schweitzer

14. “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.” - Dale Carnegie

15. “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.” - Mahatma Gandhi

16. “Assumptions are the termites of relationships.” - Henry Winkler

17. “Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind.” - Henry James

18. “An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.” - Mahatma Gandhi.

19. “Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.” - William Arthur Ward

20. “What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.” - Confucius

21. “I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.” - Ernest Hemingway

22. “A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.” - Donna Roberts

23. “Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.” - Paul Boose

24. “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.” - Winnie the Pooh

25. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” - Marcel Proust

Source: The Positive Story. www.thepositivestory.info
Re: 25 Must Read Quotes About Love And Life by Dan42(m): 11:10am On Dec 03, 2016
These love issues has made many to fall at roadside of life. Use your head not your heart.

1 Like

Re: 25 Must Read Quotes About Love And Life by OhMyG0d: 1:59pm On Dec 03, 2016
16. “Assumptions are the termites of relationships.” - Henry Winkler
I like this the most outta every other.
It captures why marriages and relationships breaks. Why there's no trust etc.
Re: 25 Must Read Quotes About Love And Life by youngds: 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2016
Lovely

(1) (Reply)

Romance-thread Guys On Pm Strike 2017 / Men Of The End Time In The Church / How To Manage A Cheating Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.