Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion (34643 Views)

Policemen Who Assaulted Tola Azeez Dismissed In Osun / 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos Over Assault On Asthmatic Patient / EFCC Arrests And Arraigns Akpaikpe Etim For Internet Fraud (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by TrapHedges(m): 4:32pm On Jul 24, 2017
Three policemen attached to Area ‘N’ Command Ijede-Ikorodu under the Lagos State Command have been dismissed from the service for carrying out illegal arrests and extortion. The affected police officers are (i) AP.No 136005 Inspr. Okelue Nkemeonye, (ii) F/No. 355897 Sgt. Braimoh Sunday and (iii) F/No. 359928 Sgt. Yusuf Olukoga, all pictured above. Their dismissal followed an Orderly Room trial at the Zone Two Command Headquarters, Onikan-Yaba, Lagos in which the men were found guilty by the Adjudicating officer on two charges of offence against discipline as provided for in paragraphs C (ii) Corrupt Practices and E (iii) Discreditable Conduct of the First Schedule of Police Act and Regulations Cap. P19. Law of the Federation of Nigeria 2004.

According to a statement by the police, On the 21st June, 2017 the Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit (PCRRU) received a complaint via WhatsApp number 0805 700 0003 which states thus:

“My name is (withheld), I went to the bank this morning to deposit money to a Company’s account (name withheld) but there was no network so i deposited the money into my personal account to do the transfer to the account later. When I came out of the bank, a car packed full of some SARS policemen wearing black cloth with anti-robbery squad written at the back. I was told to enter the vehicle with a gun pointed at me. They collected my mobile phone and asked me what I do for a living. I told them that I had just finish my youth service and I am leaving with my brother and I pointed my brother shop for them to stop by and see him because he was the one that sent me to the bank. They refused to wait and they did not allow me to pick my calls and call out. I received an alert on my phone with the money I went to deposit they search my phone on seeing the alert, they started roping that am a yahoo boy telling me that I would pay them 1Million, one of them slapped me, they drove us around places in Ikorodu, ijede, gberigbe, ibeshe, igbe, ikpakodo, itaelewa, agric and first gate harassing people, moving them in the car and collecting huge amount from them. They collected N50, 000.00 from me but I notice that each junctions that we reached people were hailing there leader by his nickname (OJ. Ojewunmi). And one by name Austin slapped me. They picked me up around 9am and dropped me 6pm in the evening after collecting money from me. They even use my account to collect money from the guys that I met in the car and used my ATM to withdraw from them”

Upon the receipt of the complaint, a case with Tracking Number #PCRRU637624 was registered and acknowledgment of complaint sent to the complainant. PCRRU Investigation team was dispatched to Ikorodu where all the three dismissed policemen including AP No. 98199 ASP Bayo Obadia who led the team were apprehended. PCRRU preliminary investigation reveals that all the allegations contained in the WhatsApp message actually happened. Also the four police officers who were armed on the day of the incident falsely paraded themselves as operatives of Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) despite not being posted to SARS by police authorities. Investigation also shows that the officers extorted a total sum of N200,000 from the young men who they tagged “Yahoo Yahoo Boys”, the money was forced from them via N90,000 ATM withdrawal and N110,000 mobile bank money transfer to a third party account provided by the policemen. All the extorted N200,000 was recovered by the PCRRU Investigators.

All the arrested officers, witnesses and recovered exhibits including the N200,000 cash and printed bank statement of account were handed over to the Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Zone 2 Lagos for further detailed investigation and necessary disciplinary measures. The approval of the punishment of dismissal from service as recommended by the Adjudicating officer is part of the outcome of the disciplinary measures. In the case of ASP Bayo Obadiah who led the team of the infamous men on this unacceptable conduct, an Official Query was issued to him by the AIG Zone 2 Lagos, both his reply and Query has been forwarded to the office of the Force Secretary, Force Headquarters, Abuja from where it would proceed to the Police Service Commission as required by Police Regulations.

The statement adds that the Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris NPM, mni has commended the complainant for coming forward to report the incident to PCRRU. The IGP has also said that all allegations of professional misconduct reported against any police officer would be treated in line with relevant laws and in keeping to the “Change Begins With Me Champaign” of the Federal Government.

Source http:[url]//viewz9ja.com/crime/three-police-men-dismissed-for-extortion-of-200k-from-young-men-wrongly-accused-as-yahoo-boys-in-lagos/[/url]

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by Ever8054: 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2017
i wish the dismissed police men a very retched life after dismissal. may the tears they have made others to cry never depart from their lives... me dancing after reading this news...

168 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by Hustlerlomo(m): 4:49pm On Jul 24, 2017
Bastards them... dem go dey search phones wey dem no fit operate, na so one dey search my phone the other day, e no know wen he start to dey play game... their point na iyana era for badagry road.

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by NwaAmaikpe: 7:18pm On Jul 24, 2017
shocked

May the good Lord give them better jobs,
May he punish the stingy snitch that reported these breadwinners just because of 'settlement'.

These police officers should track that snitch down and thank him for sacking them.

I pray that they get a job with a multinational firm that pays in $ and on their way to collect the appointment letter, they are killed by a Dangote truck.

Useless Policemen.

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by MadCow1: 7:18pm On Jul 24, 2017
See as all their eye still dey the money..

Now their greed has cost them more than 200k.. Retirement benefit also gone and a chance of jail time included.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by beetown(m): 7:18pm On Jul 24, 2017
Foolish people

Officers like these are a menace and a bunch of shenanigans dragging the name of the Police to the mud.

Hoping to hear of more arrests like this

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by lordempire(m): 7:18pm On Jul 24, 2017
Very good

1 Like

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by tuoyoojo(m): 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2017
chai

these guys don enter one chance

but this would not deter others at all

2 Likes

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by itiswellandwell: 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2017
Good one.

Check my signature for your full capacity powerbank

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by deebsman1(m): 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2017
The way those guys are looking thou. The face you make wen u r about to begin serious criminal career

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by larrymoore(m): 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2017
take the lesson not the hurt

1 Like

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by Talk2Bella(f): 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2017
these ones don't have godfather

but this is a job well done

I commend the Nigeria police

4 Likes

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by Jadmchris(m): 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2017
cry
In this recession
I pity d family
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2017
Hmmy... This is very commendable..
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by Onliie(m): 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2017
Finally, some good news.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by tomholly: 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2017
Bushmeat caught the Hunter
TrapHedges:
Three policemen attached to Area ‘N’ Command Ijede-Ikorodu under the Lagos State Command have been dismissed from the service for carrying out illegal arrests and extortion. The affected police officers are (i) AP.No 136005 Inspr. Okelue Nkemeonye, (ii) F/No. 355897 Sgt. Braimoh Sunday and (iii) F/No. 359928 Sgt. Yusuf Olukoga, all pictured above. Their dismissal followed an Orderly Room trial at the Zone Two Command Headquarters, Onikan-Yaba, Lagos in which the men were found guilty by the Adjudicating officer on two charges of offence against discipline as provided for in paragraphs C (ii) Corrupt Practices and E (iii) Discreditable Conduct of the First Schedule of Police Act and Regulations Cap. P19. Law of the Federation of Nigeria 2004.

According to a statement by the police, On the 21st June, 2017 the Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit (PCRRU) received a complaint via WhatsApp number 0805 700 0003 which states thus:

“My name is (withheld), I went to the bank this morning to deposit money to a Company’s account (name withheld) but there was no network so i deposited the money into my personal account to do the transfer to the account later. When I came out of the bank, a car packed full of some SARS policemen wearing black cloth with anti-robbery squad written at the back. I was told to enter the vehicle with a gun pointed at me. They collected my mobile phone and asked me what I do for a living. I told them that I had just finish my youth service and I am leaving with my brother and I pointed my brother shop for them to stop by and see him because he was the one that sent me to the bank. They refused to wait and they did not allow me to pick my calls and call out. I received an alert on my phone with the money I went to deposit they search my phone on seeing the alert, they started roping that am a yahoo boy telling me that I would pay them 1Million, one of them slapped me, they drove us around places in Ikorodu, ijede, gberigbe, ibeshe, igbe, ikpakodo, itaelewa, agric and first gate harassing people, moving them in the car and collecting huge amount from them. They collected N50, 000.00 from me but I notice that each junctions that we reached people were hailing there leader by his nickname (OJ. Ojewunmi). And one by name Austin slapped me. They picked me up around 9am and dropped me 6pm in the evening after collecting money from me. They even use my account to collect money from the guys that I met in the car and used my ATM to withdraw from them”

Upon the receipt of the complaint, a case with Tracking Number #PCRRU637624 was registered and acknowledgment of complaint sent to the complainant. PCRRU Investigation team was dispatched to Ikorodu where all the three dismissed policemen including AP No. 98199 ASP Bayo Obadia who led the team were apprehended. PCRRU preliminary investigation reveals that all the allegations contained in the WhatsApp message actually happened. Also the four police officers who were armed on the day of the incident falsely paraded themselves as operatives of Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) despite not being posted to SARS by police authorities. Investigation also shows that the officers extorted a total sum of N200,000 from the young men who they tagged “Yahoo Yahoo Boys”, the money was forced from them via N90,000 ATM withdrawal and N110,000 mobile bank money transfer to a third party account provided by the policemen. All the extorted N200,000 was recovered by the PCRRU Investigators.

All the arrested officers, witnesses and recovered exhibits including the N200,000 cash and printed bank statement of account were handed over to the Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Zone 2 Lagos for further detailed investigation and necessary disciplinary measures. The approval of the punishment of dismissal from service as recommended by the Adjudicating officer is part of the outcome of the disciplinary measures. In the case of ASP Bayo Obadiah who led the team of the infamous men on this unacceptable conduct, an Official Query was issued to him by the AIG Zone 2 Lagos, both his reply and Query has been forwarded to the office of the Force Secretary, Force Headquarters, Abuja from where it would proceed to the Police Service Commission as required by Police Regulations.

The statement adds that the Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris NPM, mni has commended the complainant for coming forward to report the incident to PCRRU. The IGP has also said that all allegations of professional misconduct reported against any police officer would be treated in line with relevant laws and in keeping to the “Change Begins With Me Champaign” of the Federal Government.

Source http:[url]//viewz9ja.com/crime/three-police-men-dismissed-for-extortion-of-200k-from-young-men-wrongly-accused-as-yahoo-boys-in-lagos/[/url]

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2017
Very good news.At least they represent the three major tribes in Nigeria.
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by thoollz: 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2017
Very good, awon mumu looking for who to extort. Armed robbers in uniform. Moving from location to another to rip innocent people off.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by Baabs(m): 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2017
Served in them right! angry cool
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by Ugoeze2016: 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2017
Nice one
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by youngsahito(m): 7:22pm On Jul 24, 2017
dismissal fall on them...

3 Likes

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by Moneytize: 7:22pm On Jul 24, 2017
I no know kwhich one sweet pass between this news and orgasm. grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by futureenergy: 7:22pm On Jul 24, 2017
Change has come
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by Inquisitor97(m): 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2017
I wish dem family dae look them so, na one day for Oshodi, one police man approach for bribe, I told him that am not with cash, he then brought one POS machine for me to insert my card, I was just looking like dumebi. cos I Dont even think they can upgrade up to that stage, all is well....
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by hardywaltz(m): 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2017
See their strong face
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by joe4real12: 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2017
Dismissed criminals grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by Ademat7(m): 7:25pm On Jul 24, 2017
Ogun state
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by InvertedHammer: 7:25pm On Jul 24, 2017
[quote author=MadCow1 post=58791251]See as all their eye still dey the money..

/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by cold(m): 7:26pm On Jul 24, 2017
Laudable but more needs to be done to weed out the undesirables from the police institution which in any event makes up 90% of the police force
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:26pm On Jul 24, 2017
police is your friend
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by free2ryhme: 7:28pm On Jul 24, 2017
End of the road for these 3 bad eggs

More to follow
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by Slymonster(m): 7:28pm On Jul 24, 2017
oh brilliant.I am going to send mine soon to them.Still remember those fvck boys police names and there station.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Human Butcher Caught In Ilesa, Osun State (see Photo) / Damilola And Kareem Adeyeri Get 12-Year Jail term for Duping American Of $82,570 / Soldiers Brutalised Us For Stopping Scavenger From Entering Ogun Estate - Guards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.