Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,314 members, 7,836,362 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 (1720 Views)

Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience / Policeman Breaks Driver’s Hand For Resisting Extortion At Wuse Market, Abuja / 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by buffalowings: 8:26pm On Dec 06, 2016
FortuneTeller:

Then don't take your insecurities out on me. Continue plugging away to make Nigeria better. I am encouraging you and everyone else to do so. No one wants to leave their home. But you can't expect everyone to stay in a burning house. Someone has to get out while someone stays behind to put out the fire. You are there, so all I can do is encourage you to keep making things better so the rest of us can return home.

Yeah, thanks.

undecided
Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by DIKEnaWAR: 6:51am On Dec 07, 2016
UnclePati:
Returning from the office in Victoria island, I passed through 3rd mainland bridge so I could drop off some colleagues at oshodi while I continue to cele/okota.

At oshodi I pulled over at a place I saw lots of danfo buses and my friends alighted.

Within seconds two vehicles (police hilux van & a black Toyota corolla- carrying a policeman) blocked my vehicle and about 4 ugly angry looking gun wielding officers ordered me to open my doors.

One of the armed men entered my vehicle and ordered me to drive (follow his colleagues in the hilux)

To where...I asked...u will know when we get there just drive he said.

What is my offence? I asked again ....oga u park for oshodi bridge dem no dey park there .

But I didn't park na. I just pulled over for my friends to go down. Moreover there are plenty of danfo buses parked there na so I taught it was okay.

Why didn't u arrest all those buses na? Why just me?....i asked. .....oga just drive when we reach office u go know he said.

Okay..my brother what is going to happen to me what should I do now..what is it u want...I asked.

Bros give us N30,000 now and we will let u go or if you reach station you go pay tire.

Officer, abeg I no get dat kind money..I said....okay oga na how much u get... he asked?

Na only N3,000 I get here and I wan use am buy fuel my tank don empty...see...(I showed him my fuel gauge).

Hmmm u no serious...he said.

Anyway as I drove down, the officer in the front seat of the black toyota corolla flagged us down to pull over.

He then ordered the officer inside my car to join others in the hilux patrol car while he joined me in my car.

Young man what's your name he asked....Patrick I answered. Where you coming from? .....My office sir in Victoria island.

Where are u from? ....Am from delta sir..Where in delta? Oshimili North sir.

As I mentioned the name of my village, the officer then said he has a colleague too from same village as me. He called the guy on phone as I drove slowly.

John..I don arrest your brother the man come from your home town na N30,000 he go give us today.

Oga take phone talk to your brother.....indeed the john and I were from same village but he could not help much.

John asked me to raise N5,000 and give to them. The officer heard this and quickly snatched the phone and cut the call.

Oga you never know anything. You must give us N30k or we carry you go mobile court for mile2..

Jeeeeeez...officer abeg I no get money.
OK make I pity you give us N15,000 he said.

Oga I no get that kind money. I can't afford it right now.
Okay just drive to mile 2 but drive slowly.

Seconds later, ..park here.(cele bus stop)..oga give us N8,000. Let's go to the ATM so you give us and go.

I no get N8,000 sir....I said. I no get money for ATM. I fit show you my balance. Please.

Oga mk we just dey go the mile 2. Just drive he said.

Later he asked again how much can you afford?
I can do N5,000 and nothing more.

Ok then transfer it to my ACCESS BANK account. He said. I no want my colleagues to know you paid 5k. I will give them what I have in my pocket (3k) and tell them say na wetin you pay.

Officer I no get mobile banking....I said.

Oga do internet banking na abi make we dey go court, ?na help I just dey help you no be say I wicked oo.

Park here (mile2 busstop) make you do the transfer.

Okay sir. Give me your account number...
Paul Lasisi Obaze.
Access Bank account .......0047579255

Its done sir.

Okay take my phone number 07083999920 mk you de call me. I am an inspector in the police force..

Abeg delete my account number from your phone oo. He said.

No problem sir. The thin no save.
Then I drove off.

See copy of the alert ....as the man empty my account.

AlertZ
Acct:202**539
DT:12/3/2016:1:44 PM
NIP CR/LASISI PAUL OBAZE/ABN
DR Amt:5,000.00
Br:Head Office
Bal:593.76
REF:243458460

Inspector.. Lasisi Paul Obaze.....
You are one of the many wicked corrupt officer that give the police force a bad name.

You don't deserve to wear that uniform.

You took everything I have and expect me to eat sand with my family.

I pray that your many sins will hunt you and disgrace you......

CRIMINAL on UNIFORM.

Screenshot this mesage and post on twitter and Facebook. Copy the NPF and all important persons in the society that you know. Ask for retreats and shares till action is taken. The officer needs to be sacked ASAP.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Got N1m From My Landlady To Kill UNIBEN Female Student For Ritual, Says Suspec / Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... / Raped And Been Threatened With The Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.