Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,045 members, 7,835,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Can Someone Help Explain John 14:3. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Help Explain John 14:3. (471 Views)

WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? / If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) / Should We Really Accept John 14:6 As The Word Of Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Help Explain John 14:3. by dsmartj(m): 11:05am On Dec 04, 2016
John 14:3 King James Version (KJV) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. Is it that construction is ongoing in heaven at the moment?
Re: Can Someone Help Explain John 14:3. by firstking01(m): 12:26pm On Dec 04, 2016
dsmartj:
John 14:3 King James Version (KJV)
And if I go and prepare a place for
you, I will come again, and receive you
unto myself; that where I am, there ye
may be also.
Is it that construction is ongoing in heaven at the moment?
Simpleundecided………he said i 've gone to prepare a place for you and that he 'll come back and take you to that place he has prepared for you...so that where he is, there you will also be...grabbed??...my advice, always study your bible and not just read as tho you are reading a lecturers textbook....if you read verse 1 and 2 of that john 14 you will have a clearer understanding of what jesus was saying...also, try to always use other translation like the "message bible", NLT, i.e, new living translation and others...

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Help Explain John 14:3. by MuttleyLaff: 1:19pm On Dec 04, 2016
dsmartj:
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself;
that where I am, there ye may be also
In my Father's house are many mansions:
if it were not so, I would have told you.
I go to prepare a place for you.

- John 14:2

Using ''constrution'' is not necessarily the perfect word to use here bro
because the way ''many mansions'' is mentioned in John 14:2, makes someone want to believe the ''many mansions'' are already in place
and doesnt suggests their ''construction'' is ongoing

Truth is the Kingdom of Heaven is not restricted to Heaven alone
as the Kingdom of Heaven stretches beyond as far as the eyes sees
so Jesus' gone to make arrangements, gone to make ready, gone to prepare the place He has for you in the Kingdok of Heaven

Jesus went ahead to go make arrangements in advance,
for you to take your position, in whatever place out FROM of any of the ''many mansions'' there is, for you in the Kingdom of Heaven

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Help Explain John 14:3. by ifenes(m): 1:20pm On Dec 04, 2016
dsmartj:
And if I go and prepare a place for
you, I will come again, and receive you
unto myself; that where I am, there ye
may be also.

It is a metaphor. Place and time do not exist , hence there is no physical place but an upgraded state of mind that aligns with that level of consciousness where humans are yet to be. The state where one is Enlightened. The Hindus call it Moksha. A God state where one is willingly of service to others, where one is full of love regardless and unconditionally. This is that place.
Re: Can Someone Help Explain John 14:3. by dsmartj(m): 11:34pm On Dec 04, 2016
ifenes:

It is a metaphor. Place and time do not exist , hence there is no physical place but an upgraded state of mind that aligns with that level of consciousness where humans are yet to be. The state where one is Enlightened. The Hindus call it Moksha. A God state where one is willingly of service to others, where one is full of love regardless and unconditionally. This is that place.
Thanks, but this is highly theological...

(1) (Reply)

Living Faith Church Reacts To Oyedepo's Trending Video, Claims Its Not Recent / The Making Of A Christian / Church Leaders Opposing FRCN Are Thieves – Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.