Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha (28048 Views)

Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) / Three-storey Building, Prison Wall Collapse In Onitsha / Anambra Youths Use Pure Water To Quench House Fire In Onitsha (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by Chukazu: 7:14am On Dec 05, 2016
FSU:
See how they are constructing without any sense of town planning. Everyting is just scattered. Erosion and flooding on the way.

the only thing you see is erosion, but I see ground that is good for "underground " structure

6 Likes

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by kenex4ever(m): 7:15am On Dec 05, 2016
Nutase:
Op most of your threads celebrate wealth without talking of how this wealth was made --Legitimate or illegitimate.
It's good to celebrate successes but please try to do a little check on the source of the wealth.
but he said they are traders that mainly started as apprentice

11 Likes

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by jidxin(m): 7:16am On Dec 05, 2016
traders or drug pushers?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by Gabrieloffiing20: 7:17am On Dec 05, 2016
investnow2013:
These houses are littered all over Akpaka GRA, Onitsha previously known as Akpaka Forest Reserve, barely a decade ago.

These are built by no politicians. These are built by traders, many of who went through apprenticeship.

this is really bad... how cn they turn a protected area into diz and the government sit with folded arms? these persons are building illegally there... or mayb d gvnment intentionally sold out diz lands to them... but if so its really bad... we need to take conservation seriously here in africa... we destroy too much... smh

9 Likes

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 05, 2016
investnow2013:
My only purpose is to showcase all that are good, holding govt on accountability and also how to make our society better. You are welcome to contribute your own quota!!!
And then you took up half of the comments spaces just to showcase wealth. How smart are you?
By the way, nothing spectacular about those houses, for you to say they can't be found anywhere in Nigeria shows how unexposed you are. Sorry my friend

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by moshino(m): 7:18am On Dec 05, 2016
Nutase:
Op most of your threads celebrate wealth without talking of how this wealth was made --Legitimate or illegitimate.
It's good to celebrate successes but please try to do a little check on the source of the wealth.

How many men have you slept with for money (t-fare), and did you ever ask them where and how they got the big 't-fare' they paid you?

5 Likes

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by Chukazu: 7:20am On Dec 05, 2016
investnow2013:
The type of Houses these guys are building can not be found anywhere in Nigeria or probably Abuja!!!

where else have you been in nigeria apart from "akpaka "forest reserve, so how do know the houses cannot be found anywhere else?...
stop the hype and pass the message

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by Opharhe: 7:20am On Dec 05, 2016
investnow2013:
This is Like war here!... I don't know if I should be rejoicing over these progress or crying over the damage done to this beautiful Ecosystem @ Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha Anambra State
Bro, I think we should be crying. so govt approved construction in a forest reserve? Why? Have the forests not been depleted enough? Na wa o.

3 Likes

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by DeRay98(m): 7:20am On Dec 05, 2016
Nutase:

Absolutely, this is reason my young people want make money by hook or crook. They have no idea that some people who building now have been working hard and decently for 15-20yrs or more. While are building from blood money.

6 Likes

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by moshino(m): 7:22am On Dec 05, 2016
Esseite:
Your post is not about the forest.... it the usual boasting that comes with some ibos...

You should have emphasized about the lost forest and not buildings... other states have that also in their own measures..

Empty barrel make the most noise..
The owner of this structures are level headed individuals but you who dont own any is trying to start a tribal war ..

Cant we just give peace a chance.

You want to give peace a chance, right after you insulted ibos as being boastful, how can a man make peace with you and your likes.

19 Likes

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by texazzpete(m): 7:22am On Dec 05, 2016
Unnecessary hyperbole from the OP...these generic building designs can be found all over Nigeria. Nothing spectacular.

More importantly, it is worrying how low the Internally Generated Revenue from Anambra state remains when there's so much wealth in the state. Something must be done to ensure these people pay the proper tax and tax collection drives are much more rigorous.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by Dsrooftiles: 7:23am On Dec 05, 2016
Ok

Chaiiii IBO people with mansion be like bread and butter...
May God bless una hustling legitimately or Non-Legitimately Na till judgement day grin grin

Don't forget to call me for your stone coated roofing tiles...
WhatsApp/call 08085310359

For Current price of Stone coated and Alum.. See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types
Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by texazzpete(m): 7:27am On Dec 05, 2016
kenex4ever:
but he said they are traders that mainly started as apprentice

And you believe him?

8 Likes

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:28am On Dec 05, 2016
Esseite:
Your post is not about the forest.... it the usual boasting that comes with some ibos...

You should have emphasized about the lost forest and not buildings... other states have that also in their own measures..

The owner of this structures are level headed individuals but you who dont own any is trying to start a tribal war ..

How is that your business? so somebody can not showcase the beauty of this state because your likes don't like it ? You get camera, go and showcase yours

13 Likes

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by TeamSimple(m): 7:31am On Dec 05, 2016
Esseite:

The irony is that 80percent of the ownere of the houses are somewhere in singapore,indonesia,cambodia awaiting death sentence.

10 Likes

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by jamalchance(m): 7:32am On Dec 05, 2016
Nutase:
thats exactly what i told him once that made him insult life outta me ... the other time was ozubulu na its onitsha @investnow2013 do u just travel round d east taking pictures of people houses ... is that how u are investing now

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by eyeview: 7:32am On Dec 05, 2016
I think the purpose of this thread is to showcase the level of development made purely by private and individual initiative,without govt support.
This is common in igbo residential areas,they have a way of advancing their course without waiting for any govt purse.
What i see people commenting here is mostly borne out of envy and bigotry than commendation. Some here have attacked their means of livelihood,others have attacked the fact that the beautiful buildings decimated a forest, others have said they are boasting by building sprawling mansions, etc. In all these varied allegations,you could see one common trait- tribal envy.
Pity.

19 Likes

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by Jreserved(m): 7:39am On Dec 05, 2016
Those structures are not safe, they have bad foundations.

1 Like

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by IkpuMmadu: 7:40am On Dec 05, 2016
ednut1:
op u wan collect curse abi. u want govt to come visit dat place with bulldozers abi. bt these pple no try. when erosing and flooding starts dem go dey find govt to come help dem

Govt shoukd go and bulldoze lekki that was built on reserved marshland and water body. Govt shoukd go and bulldoze eko city that is been built on explained and sand filled lands before they can do this.

As of erosion and flooding...Lagos tops it then followed by ogun..

Don't cry for us Igbo...cry for the laud back Ibadan ,akure and okitipupa

12 Likes

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 05, 2016
investnow2013:
My only purpose is to showcase all that are good, holding govt on accountability and also how to make our society better. You are welcome to contribute your own quota!!!

You mention that this was a former forest reserve. The goal of these reserves is to maintain ecological balances for sustainable development. Which governor changed the law to allow development on the reserve? Is there a gazetted law backing this up? Are their restraint on buildings or is it free for all?

You obviously see these buildings as signs of progress - some others are concerned over its impact on the environment. Would you care to address the latter in order to avoid " the danger of a single story?"

7 Likes

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by cirmuell(m): 7:42am On Dec 05, 2016
Esseite:

phuck peace. Only people who have too much on time their hands will take this one serious. The m.oron even said structures like this can't be found elsewhere in the Country, now that's one hell of a village boy who has never traveled out of the eroded east.

6 Likes

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by cirmuell(m): 7:46am On Dec 05, 2016
moshino:

You want to give peace a chance, right after you insulted ibos as being boastful, how can a man make peace with you and your likes.
No one needs the peace of your likes. Matter of fact, it irks people like me when I see people write that stuff.
Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by modaink333: 7:46am On Dec 05, 2016
FSU:
See how they are constructing without any sense of town planning. Everyting is just scattered. Erosion and flooding on the way.
mugu. U don build mud house, abi u leave 4 GRA?

1 Like

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by Proffdada: 7:47am On Dec 05, 2016
I'm looking at a mass loss of properties due to flooding
We all know what happens to houses built on shifting sand

2 Likes

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by nwadiuko1(m): 7:51am On Dec 05, 2016
texazzpete:

And you believe him?
any reason for not beleiving him?

2 Likes

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by greenermodels: 7:53am On Dec 05, 2016
eyeview:
I think the purpose of this thread is to showcase the level of development made purely by private and individual initiative,without govt support.
This is common in igbo residential areas,they have a way of advancing their course without waiting for any govt purse.
What i see people commenting here is mostly borne out of envy and bigotry than commendation.
Pity.
God bless you my dear,i will use myself as an example, i dropped out of day school in ss1 to aid my ailing father in his business,traveling by night buses to and from Lagos at the age of fourteen, continued by night school, went to the university and stayed back in the north for years after service to make use of the opportunities there with a few igbo colleagues while the others ran back to the south, calling us money mongers. l lived a glamourless and frugal life in order to save and invest and yet once i bought an empty of land with a multimillion side business,they started talking about igbo ritualists in hand with some efulefu igbos.the type of girls that goes for youth service and ends up pregnant for a married Hausa man.

17 Likes

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by greenermodels: 7:57am On Dec 05, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Govt shoukd go and bulldoze lekki that was built on reserved marshland and water body. Govt shoukd go and bulldoze eko city that is been built on explained and sand filled lands before they can do this.

erosion and flooding is not a problem at akpaka,i have worked there severally, the ground there is extremely rocky and strong all the way to nkwelle and nsugbe.

3 Likes

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by kenex4ever(m): 8:00am On Dec 05, 2016
texazzpete:

And you believe him?
what do u mean by that?

Are u trying to say dat traders cannot build those houses or that the owners are not traders?

U probably havent been to onitsha if not u would have seen the kind of turn over those guys make.

I also understand that u feel it's drug money or whatever u think, but i can assure u that not everybody in onitsha does drug or anything illegal. Most of d traders are people of integrity but the bad ones spoil their name.

Note
Business is lucrative, no mater how small a biznes is, once there is high turn over u will b literally amazed by what u will b making in a month.

11 Likes

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by kogs(m): 8:00am On Dec 05, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
Next time you see a house, walk over there and ask the owner to explain to you how he/she made his/her money.
\
source is source better think of ur own source n live other alone life is a race

1 Like

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by ednut1(m): 8:08am On Dec 05, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

lol must everything be tribalism to u, smh
Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by MrGerald(m): 8:09am On Dec 05, 2016
Those of you shouting land damage or not well planned have you pple been there or just out of envy? the estates is well planned with drainages channeled through nkisi river and river naija, though some streets are not too wide just for land management, it's beautiful.

7 Likes

Re: See What Traders Are Doing With Former Akpaka Forest Reserve Onitsha by Noneroone(m): 8:12am On Dec 05, 2016
Some fellas are pouring out frustration in the guise of their love for ecosystem but hail their govt for sand filling oceans for a white elephant eko Atlantic project. Hypocrites!!!

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" / What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? / VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.