Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (682982 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Bossman(m): 5:44pm On Dec 05, 2019
You can work with a work permit. It's not the green card that gives you an SSN. As long as you are a legal resident here, you can get a SSN. So, this person is probably working with a work permit. The process is usually Work Permit ->Green Card-> Citizenship/Naturalization.

Denique:

I thought one couldn't get a job without a GC as it allows them have the SSN? Pls clarify.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Denique(f): 5:56pm On Dec 05, 2019
Bossman:
You can work with a work permit. It's not the green card that gives you an SSN. As long as you are a legal resident here, you can get a SSN. So, this person is probably working with a work permit. The process is usually Work Permit ->Green Card-> Citizenship/Naturalization.

Sorry for my many questions.
How can one get work permit?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 05, 2019
Denique:

don't even think about leaving, we must grow this country together.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Bossman(m): 8:09pm On Dec 07, 2019
You have to be here legally on the right visa that will allow you to work. If you are here and get married to a citizen, you'll receive your work permit once you apply. You can Google for "how to get a USA work permit". Tons of information out there.

Denique:

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Mizzter: 12:17pm On Dec 30, 2019
Hey, senorita, good day... Please I'd love to Dm you, talk, and get some advice from you.. Please could that be possible?
Senorita123:
Congrats bro. Going through dis your thread and d pix actually made me drool. The Lord that changed your status will change mine too very soon. This country Nigeria has no plan for the youths nor d masses. Na d fastest way to leave dey hunger me. We keep hoping it will get better but it keeps getting worse. Ppl keep saying no place like home but in the real sense to me, home is where joy is and where people can boast of a comfortable life whether abroad or local. Home is where the life of the citizens are more important than anything. Home is where an average citizen can afford 3 square meals per day. Home is where security is well guaranteed. Home is where there is no huge discrepancy between the rich and the poor. Home is where our resources and funds are not being embezzled by our corrupt leaders . Home is where there are job provisions for graduates. HOME is where there is HOPE!! Home is, home is, home is, home is.................. ABROAD.......

Good news

#20th August, 2019....I FINALLY MADE IT HOME...Message: Have a dream and work towards making it a reality....God bless

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by sevule(m): 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2019
Drenimarcus:
MN this morning angry angry angry angry

@Dreinmarcus Its good to see Naija folks out here in MN. I just sent you a private PM
@Franknetter Your account of life in Yankee is riveting! I love the fact that you hustle and you obviously have a good head on your shoulders. Have you ever thought about investing in Real Estate? You should really look into it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by stonemasonn: 5:44am On Jan 02, 2020
Happy New Year and Marijuana day my Chicago people tongue
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by claseek(f): 4:18pm On Jan 02, 2020
following
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Neeta02(f): 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2020
I just finished reading from page 0 & all I can say is well done Franknetter. For others in the abroad who contributed & posted beautiful pictures grin on the thread, una do well oh. America I will go by God’s grace.
I’ll come back here to give my testimony.

Happy New Year!

7 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by NiklauseFred(m): 4:49pm On Jan 07, 2020
Phew! Finally I made it
Oga Frank "ouubi" well done oo

I see macky for here too...Oga macky ur boy loyal pass loyal milk grin grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Magma012: 7:07pm On Feb 02, 2020
Hi... I seek guidelines I want to move from Germany to US as a student. Currently a student in Germany
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ifesinachi22(m): 10:10pm On Feb 02, 2020
Magma012:
Hi... I seek guidelines I want to move from Germany to US as a student. Currently a student in Germany

How can someone go from Japan too.
Needed urgently.

This travel ban no be here
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Dremca(m): 1:39pm On Feb 03, 2020
Whats your reason of leaving Germany for US because I know Germany is well developed country.
Magma012:
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hadampson(m): 2:17pm On Feb 03, 2020
Dremca:
Whats your reason of leaving Germany for US because I know Germany is well developed country.

Language barrier obviously smiley
Difficulty of getting a job after graduation
Permanent residence permit brouhaha

It should be one of the above mentioned reasons
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hadampson(m): 2:19pm On Feb 03, 2020
Ifesinachi22:

How can someone go from Japan too.
Needed urgently.

This travel ban no be here

You want to move from Japan to United States, right?

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hadampson(m): 2:21pm On Feb 03, 2020
Senorita123:
Congrats bro. Going through dis your thread and d pix actually made me drool. The Lord that changed your status will change mine too very soon. This country Nigeria has no plan for the youths nor d masses. Na d fastest way to leave dey hunger me. We keep hoping it will get better but it keeps getting worse. Ppl keep saying no place like home but in the real sense to me, home is where joy is and where people can boast of a comfortable life whether abroad or local. Home is where the life of the citizens are more important than anything. Home is where an average citizen can afford 3 square meals per day. Home is where security is well guaranteed. Home is where there is no huge discrepancy between the rich and the poor. Home is where our resources and funds are not being embezzled by our corrupt leaders . Home is where there are job provisions for graduates. HOME is where there is HOPE!! Home is, home is, home is, home is.................. ABROAD.......

Good news

#20th August, 2019....I FINALLY MADE IT HOME...Message: Have a dream and work towards making it a reality....God bless

The power of optimism smiley
I believe my testimony is coming sooner than expected

Wish you success in Trump land sis

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hadampson(m): 2:24pm On Feb 03, 2020
Bossman:
You have to be here legally on the right visa that will allow you to work. If you are here and get married to a citizen, you'll receive your work permit once you apply. You can Google for "how to get a USA work permit". Tons of information out there.

Boss, sorry for disturbing you.

I want to start learning programming after my examination. Can you recommend a lucrative one for me please

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hadampson(m): 2:27pm On Feb 03, 2020
FrankNetter, been a long while boss
I believe everything is going on smoothly?!

Ugosample, where have you been?!
I missed your presence on nairaland cry
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Spanishmilf(m): 2:28pm On Feb 03, 2020
Hadampson:
FrankNetter, been a long while boss
I believe everything is going on smoothly?!

Ugosample, where have you been?!
I missed your presence on nairaland cry

We missed u 2
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hadampson(m): 2:42pm On Feb 03, 2020
Spanishmilf:
We missed u 2

I missed you too bro

How's it going in IB?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Spanishmilf(m): 2:55pm On Feb 03, 2020
Hadampson:

I missed you too bro

How's it going in IB?
Dry jare
I wan japa like u bro
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Spanishmilf(m): 2:55pm On Feb 03, 2020
Make I message Frank to show for him thread
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Sparrow0: 3:13pm On Feb 03, 2020
Spanishmilf:
Make I message Frank to show for him thread
Hope everything is good with him bro. My regards to him grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hadampson(m): 3:21pm On Feb 03, 2020
Spanishmilf:
Dry jare
I wan japa like u bro

Boss, we go japa boss but we just need to take things easy and slow.

While waiting for the opportunity to japa, try to learn some skills

We go get there one day i believe that
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Spanishmilf(m): 3:27pm On Feb 03, 2020
Hadampson:

Boss, we go japa boss but we just need to take things easy and slow.

While waiting for the opportunity to japa, try to learn some skills

We go get there one day i believe that
Make God answer my prayer na this year ooooh Boss man
Make I start my thread
I don message Frank he never reply
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hadampson(m): 3:41pm On Feb 03, 2020
Spanishmilf:
Make God answer my prayer na this year ooooh Boss man
Make I start my thread
I don message Frank he never reply
A big amen to that. You go start am very soon.. Just little exercise patience

As for FrankNetter, I think he must be very busy coupled with the number of pms he will be getting everyday. You should understand him.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Spanishmilf(m): 3:42pm On Feb 03, 2020
Hadampson:

A big amen to that. You go start am very soon.. Just little exercise patience

As for FrankNetter, I think he must be very busy coupled with the number of pms he will be getting everyday. You should understand him.
He reply faster ON Instagram he should respond, just a matter of time
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by NiklauseFred(m): 3:46pm On Feb 03, 2020
Oga Trump yaff succeeded Na
Make Dem do appeal this thing make me japa oo cry cry

FrankNetter nwanne how market for there Na ?

Oga Trump dey worry Una? embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hadampson(m): 4:28pm On Feb 03, 2020
Spanishmilf:
He reply faster ON Instagram he should respond, just a matter of time

Hopefully, he will give you a response sooner than expected smiley
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Spanishmilf(m): 5:46pm On Feb 03, 2020
Hadampson:

Hopefully, he will give you a response sooner than expected smiley
he said he is coming

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hadampson(m): 5:54pm On Feb 03, 2020
Spanishmilf:
he said he is coming

Glad to hear that smiley

Let me go and get my reading glasses ready grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.