Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (684801 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by OluDare01(m): 4:54am On Jun 03, 2017
A lot of ignorant people here.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by signature2012(m): 5:02am On Jun 03, 2017
Just finish reading many BS....Never knew we have many VOs and CBPs on this forum.
To all those aspiring to come into US,wish you best of luck!
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by NONNYG: 5:08am On Jun 03, 2017
US on my mind
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lionlee216(m): 6:05am On Jun 03, 2017
NONNYG:
US on my mind

Visa approved?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by cedar3: 6:55am On Jun 03, 2017
Guys pls, can y'all shilt your swords and let's move forward? This is becoming boring and annoying. I think this thread has been hijacked.
Franknetter nwanne, am still waiting for your exciting posts. Don't keep me waiting...

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 4:34am On Jun 04, 2017
Morning guys, Happy new month.

I'd like to get feedback. So far, what has caught your interest the most on the thread? Looking forward to your replies smiley

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by alfonso36(m): 8:15am On Jun 04, 2017
your stories, your day to day activities, Like meeting new people and mostly toasting those babes lol

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by cedar3: 9:59am On Jun 04, 2017
It's the simplicity of your stories. Now it's not as if I've not read similar stuff outside here but yours is so real, like very very real. It makes one hunger for what you have. It's like living in and seeing Yankee through your eyes, the everyday activities.
That was before these guys came and spoilt the fun. Pls do send us an update soon, my eyes are itching to read.

18 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by atiteb4: 11:50am On Jun 04, 2017
bayocanny:

You don't need to lecture them, let them learn in a hard way..immediately one get to the Vo cubicle at the embassy for interview, all the information you provided in your DS-160 will automatically pop up in front of the vo computer screen.
I know of a guy that was denied visa 3 times due to the fact that he used his international passport to received scam funds through western union. This was detected by thumb print.
BrO have been looking for u. Need your advice on Canada... Kindly check your email. I pm u
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by def111(m): 12:11pm On Jun 04, 2017
koboko69:

You people should stop all this foolish lies to buttress ur bullcraps. Everyone knows what u filled will pop up, that is not a contention here.
The bolded is a reason to even grant u Visa...so they can handcuff u at the POE and use u to burst the syndicate u are working with or are u saying they ignored a flagged criminal who was an accessory to fraud committed in the united states? Do u even work with the Embassy? How do u know this was the reasons for his denial.....u be FBI wey u know say na Fingerprint dem take detect am? I am curious to know how u found out all this..or is it just a beer palor gist or conclusions based on assumptions?
I have discovered that most of u are either having difficulties understanding what u read. Or are deliberately misunderstanding just to massage your ignorant egos.

my advice you don't use your friend as point of contact, it will bring red flag to your application, book hotel and you don't need a letter of invitation for anyone.. no document will be check... he understand your question, just want you to fall in the crap.... I have to repost this here for you, cos the vo on that thread can block my post there... he fully understand your question, I know when you get to USA u will likely follow your friend footstep... brother country hard do what you have to do...
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austino677(m): 12:15pm On Jun 04, 2017
FrankNetter:

I'd like to get feedback. So far, what has caught your interest the most on the thread? Looking forward to your replies smiley
daily life hustling and how we in Nigeria can get a chance to migrate... gracia

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by CanadianNurse: 1:50pm On Jun 04, 2017
def111:

my advice you don't use your friend as point of contact, it will bring red flag to your application, book hotel and you don't need a letter of invitation for anyone.. no document will be check... he understand your question, just want you to fall in the crap.... I have to repost this here for you, cos the vo on that thread can block my post there... he fully understand your question, I know when you get to USA u will likely follow your friend footstep... brother country hard do what you have to do...
is there a visa officer on nairaland?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by def111(m): 1:55pm On Jun 04, 2017
CanadianNurse:

yes, we have like 3 US visa officer on nairaland. all white people... no joke.... that guy ask a question on one of the visa officer thread. I want to help him out that why I posted it on him here,...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 04, 2017
Those guys that were arguing about culture... Say Oyinbo people no get culture . I have something from a whiteman in London for this is talking about Nigerians in London...

“But the trouble is that many Nigerian living in the area have neglected to pass their traditions to their children. A few insist on the languages being spoken at home, but many have given up the struggle of teaching them to unenthusiastic children, and English Language has become the family language.

“True, they take their children home on holidays, but their culture and language, as known in Nigeria, are on a steep decline. Dubi Imevbore, an expert on language, said if a language dies, so does the human spirit. A people without a culture will lose their self respect.

14 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by CanadianNurse: 2:11pm On Jun 04, 2017
def111:

yes, we have like 3 US visa officer on nairaland. all white people... no joke.... that guy ask a question on one of the visa officer thread. I want to help him out that why I posted it on him here,...
oya post the link to the thread make ï see
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by def111(m): 2:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
CanadianNurse:

just for me to go back and check the visa officer don block my post on his thread
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by CanadianNurse: 2:13pm On Jun 04, 2017
def111:

just for me to go back and check the visa officer don block my post on his thread
post the link to the thread
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by def111(m): 4:22pm On Jun 04, 2017
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Drezinc(m): 4:39pm On Jun 04, 2017
Abeg, Shey Nigerians dey Alaska too?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by oguguo11: 9:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
have a bachelor's in chemical engineering and got admission to do post baccalaureate in occupational safety and health in usa but noticed that the courses for the post baccalaureate is almost to that of nursing. So what do u advice since I want to study nursing
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by therealchase(m): 3:42am On Jun 05, 2017
Everest1989:
Hi guys...please don't be annoyed with my question. I will be traveling to the USA for my masters in criminology/criminal justice ... I have been seeing so many threads about getting into medical line such as nursing because it pays very well over there according to what they say...my fear now is, with my master of criminology/criminal justice, does it mean that I can't get a decent job with good pay unless I have a degree in nursing?

A lot of people's careers have been destroyed because of wrong advices. Are you after the pay or the passion? do not do what you do not love. America is a land of opportunities.

10 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by therealchase(m): 3:52am On Jun 05, 2017
smithsydny:
Those guys that were arguing about culture... Say Oyinbo people no get culture . I have something from a whiteman in London for this is talking about Nigerians in London...

“But the trouble is that many Nigerian living in the area have neglected to pass their traditions to their children. A few insist on the languages being spoken at home, but many have given up the struggle of teaching them to unenthusiastic children, and English Language has become the family language.

“True, they take their children home on holidays, but their culture and language, as known in Nigeria, are on a steep decline. Dubi Imevbore, an expert on language, said if a language dies, so does the human spirit. A people without a culture will lose their self respect.

All said.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Everest1989(m): 9:33am On Jun 05, 2017
therealchase:

A lot of people's careers have been destroyed because of wrong advices. Are you after the pay or the passion? do not do what you do not love. america is a land of opportunities.
thanks man...

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 5:54pm On Jun 05, 2017
austino677:
daily life hustling and how we in Nigeria can get a chance to migrate... gracia

Okay man, thanks

alfonso36:
your stories, your day to day activities, Like meeting new people and mostly toasting those babes lol

Lol. Fear women o grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 5:55pm On Jun 05, 2017
cedar3:
It's the simplicity of your stories. Now it's not as if I've not read similar stuff outside here but yours is so real, like very very real. It makes one hunger for what you have. It's like living in and seeing Yankee through your eyes, the everyday activities.
That was before these guys came and spoilt the fun. Pls do send us an update soon, my eyes are itching to read.

Pay no attention to them bro. The story continues wink
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 5:56pm On Jun 05, 2017
As for the rest of una wey do eye like say una no see this post
FrankNetter:

I just dey look una with one eye undecided
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 05, 2017
FrankNetter:

grin

Lol

U dey yab me too
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 05, 2017
FrankNetter:

U supoz knw say I be ur guy
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by NONNYG: 7:12pm On Jun 05, 2017
FrankNetter:

as you no dey see my emails​, I no see this one too

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 05, 2017
Hi,
I think the most alluring thing about your thread is the simplicity and authenticity.
You describe your experiences here as a total adult novice just like many other people.
The awe we feel when coming here matched by reality, frustration and hope just makes the experience
enjoyable and 'relatable'. I think it is quite balanced too by the arguments from both ignorant and funny people, many who
would love be here, in Nigeria and those who have been through your journey as well and come here to offer great points and insights.

The journey of an immigrant is very unique and the uncertainty can be palpable. The continuous struggles and ultimate
rewards are what make it all worthwhile.
FrankNetter:

14 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Originalsly: 9:29pm On Jun 05, 2017
FrankNetter:

For me it's the little things that you experience that you never expected or get you off guard. You seem like a guy who before migrating handled any situation with confidence. .. like you can handle anything
But in the US... you can't believe the things you can't handle..... like ehmmm... flipping burgers!...in fact... not fast enough to hold down a job at a fast food joint! This kind stuff we'll neverrrrr hear from our brothers abroad. You keep it real. ... no shame in your game.
Been there a while.... what were your thoughts about the Akatas before you left... and what has changed since rubbing shoulders with them?

14 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 05, 2017
FrankNetter, my first time commenting. #SeriouslySpeaking you are hilarious......... cheesy. All said, you're on point, i'm following.

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.