Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" (37082 Views)

Video: Soyinka, "I Will Tear My Green Card On January 20, 2017" / Wole Soyinka: I Will Not Destroy My US Residential Permit Just Yet. / Wole Soyinka: "I Will Tear My Green Card If Donald Trump Wins" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by san316(m): 3:31pm On Dec 05, 2016
This guy is turning into an international orubebe. Abi na Fayose ni?
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by emmaadigun(m): 3:34pm On Dec 05, 2016
MrPresident1:
Soyinka, that is how I feel about being a Nigerian too, many times. Having to share the same nationality and nation space with some people is just cringing and heart rending. See the kind of comments one reads on this forum as an example.

We are completely lost, with no iota of common sense or spirituality or any hope of regaining it.

But no problem, Jesus is coming on or before the 20th of January 2017.

The Great Resetter has come! grin

young man, you have just missed it.......even Jesus Himself did not know the hour or the moment, just leave a righteous life everyday
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by Pedagogue: 3:44pm On Dec 05, 2016
rapistomenka:
Lying, old and wifeless cultist

Soyinka, continue to dance naked in the world scene and keep humiliating yourself the world over.

You have now become a serial wanderer, moving from one country to another and dictating for them on how they run their affairs.

I think this guy is sick and needs psychiatric help.

He claims he tore his recoverable green card. Now he wants to conduct his own burial while still alive.

He has gone beyond tipping point. I hope this is not one of his unserious drama.

So shameful!

Your comment and the people that liked your comments are the most credible confirmation that Prof. Soyinka is right. Even if you disagree with Soyinka, there's a bridge you should never cross!

You and your ilks are blinded by bigotry and poor education, that all you do is to make nasty comments about people you know nothing about.For a start, please google the name 'Wole Soyinka' and report back here if there has ever been a greater African-academic.

Well, I'm consoled by the fact that all your rants start and end on social media. People like you cannot even have the opportunity of meeting Soyinka, talk less of repeating in real life what you say under the protective cover of NL! Or where will you see Soyinka? Yale? Harvard? Oxford? NO! Hate-filled poorly educated folks like you can only be found in filthy houses and low-quality universities.

You cannot be great in life if you disrespect great people.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by tbliss22(m): 3:48pm On Dec 05, 2016
With all due respect, I believe Prof should be very careful about his statements lately because we are in an internet age where speech moves faster than the speed of light.

Surprisingly, this same controversial Trump recently appointed a black man who happen to be a Nigerian into his cabinet which nullify our initial ideology about trump's hatred towards blacks.

I believe baba should just relax his nerves and flush out his hatred towards trump because its obvious this president-elect is only busy looking out for best brains to fill his cabinet. Trump is a business tycoon and that's exactly what he plans to use the White House for but unfortunately many Americans are just interested voting in a different party.

Finally, Prof might become an element of ridicule within the country and also on the international community.
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by freeze001(f): 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2016
RaeMystix:
Abeg e don do. You've torn your passport ( allegedly), so end your ramblings there.

Torn which passport? Wait make better sickness hol am (God forbid) then see whether him no go run go that US for medical care with benefits accruable to green card holders.
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by dangotesmummy: 4:03pm On Dec 05, 2016
rapistomenka:

Soyinka, continue to dance naked in the world scene and keep humiliating yourself the world over.

You have now become a serial wanderer, moving from one country to another and dictating for them on how they run their affairs.

He claims he tore his recoverable green card. Now he wants to conduct his own burial while still alive.

He has gone beyond tipping point. I hope this is not one of his unserious drama.

So shameful!
I'm indifferent about wole but he has a wife.meanwhile the man is beginning to talk unnecessarily
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by Toks2008(m): 4:03pm On Dec 05, 2016
This is why I don't get angry when people yabb me on nairaland...Kai! see how they are ridiculing an eigthy year old man.
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by UuzbaGuuzba: 4:05pm On Dec 05, 2016
DONSMITH123:

Easy please. Learn how to respect an elder.
Parents should not provoke their chilldren. Are we the ones begging Shoyinka to talk? If then he proceeds to speak reagrdless of whether we give a *#*# or not, why can't he then be consistent with his words? (1) Tear the green card as promised. (2) Show us the torn green card. (3) Did anybody ask his opinion? Must he talk? (4) Do a NOISY and public funeral for Trump.
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by wacoj(m): 4:05pm On Dec 05, 2016
Sometimes too much book dey affect person brain.
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by SATANeye(m): 4:06pm On Dec 05, 2016
Pedagogue:

Your comment and the people that liked your comments are the most credible confirmation that Prof. Soyinka is right.

You and your ilks are blinded by bigotry and poor education, that all you do is to make nasty comments about people you know nothing about.For a start, please google the name 'Wole Soyinka' and report back here if there has ever been a greater African-academic.

Well, I'm consoled by the fact that all your rants start and end on social media. People like you cannot even have the opportunity of meeting Soyinka, talk less of repeating in real life what you say under the protective cover of NL! Or where will you see Soyinka? Yale? Harvard? Oxford? NO! Hate-filled poorly educated folks like you can only be found in filthy houses and low-quality universities.

You cannot be great in life if you disrespect great people.
where re you from?
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 05, 2016
ZoneBslayer:

but Soyinka has the right to dictate to the American voters who to vote for? I advise you to be a man of your own thoughts and think for yourself!

You can keep your advise to yourself. I believe you need it more. Soyinka cannot and did not dictate to Americans whom to vote for. I wonder where you got that information from. This is part of the emptiness we write and talk about. No regard for facts.
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by UuzbaGuuzba: 4:10pm On Dec 05, 2016
dangotesmummy:
I'm indifferent about wole but he has a wife.meanwhile the man is beginning to talk unnecessarily
Excelent remark. You scored 11/10.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by nelsonjj: 4:10pm On Dec 05, 2016
oga shay you don tear the green card ni, no hunger and bad policy go pursue you commot for nija
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by UuzbaGuuzba: 4:13pm On Dec 05, 2016
SATANeye:
where re you from?
Don't mind him. He's from Middle Korea.
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by bonfreregong: 4:14pm On Dec 05, 2016
It is a thing of embarrassment when a god start acting like a shameless tout.
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by deebrain(m): 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
I feel his pain.

That I'm also sharing nairaland membership with some ignoramuses, totally humiliates me.
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by basingstoke: 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2016
davtosh:

Not being able to respect that number is foolishness
when the number itself is foolish and an object of ridicule, I am sorry I can't respect such number.
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by Ofornaira: 4:24pm On Dec 05, 2016
Nawao. Na u take ur mouth talk say u go tear ur card if Trump win. Trump come win and they ask u whether u go still tear ur card, u begin to talk say u dey fill shame to share country with naija people. This man no dey ready to leave the us as him talk am. e pain am as Trump win.
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by NinjaNurse: 4:24pm On Dec 05, 2016
Sometimes,i think it is simply wiser to keep quiet.

Where was he when Nigerians voted in this government?

Was he not also part of those praising and urging folks to vote APC?
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by MOFAZIT: 4:38pm On Dec 05, 2016
From the comments i read... The man is just RIGHT...so many Nigerians have lost their COMMON SENSE ....

why will Nigerians criticized is own personal decision?

If you dont like Bubari and you decide to leave Nigeria for that.... why would a man criticized u for that?

Most times COMMON SENSE IS NOT ALWAYS COMMON

By the way, we need the likes of Soyinka back at home...

Welcome Back.... Baba
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by crownbryan(m): 4:43pm On Dec 05, 2016
businesses encountered pre-mature death when owners find it difficult to invest

Have you been looking for a place where your products/services get all the attentions you dreamt of, an avenue created just for you to meet prospective customers, sell products or render services and take your business to the top? There is no better place than allaboutschoolsng.com, a fast growing platform created for your business to thrive.

Allaboutschoolsng.com is an online education market platform. A combination of a site, blog and forum which is created to help; schools, parents and businesses to find one and another right from the comfort of their home or work place, take the bold step now to place your advert on our site today.

Most businesses encountered pre-mature death because owners find it difficult to invest in the appropriate promotional services and also products do not get to acquire retentive market share, because the appropriate end users could not find them nor have enough information about their benefit.

Allaboutschoolsng.com gives you business the widest coverage, while promoting your products/services to be seen by over 17.000 users across the world. Allaboutschoolsng.com is what your business need.

Kindly log on to www.allaboutschoolsng.com to see the advert options available to you and how businesses similar to yours are already taking advantages of allaboutschools.com platform.

Our rates ranges from #30,000 per month and above.

To see out advert rate, send a mail to hello@allaboutschoolsng.com or call 08177275312.

We look forward to doing business with you.
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 05, 2016
francis247:
LMAO. Dude has officially lost it.
i can't fit laff jor

Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by RaeMystix: 5:12pm On Dec 05, 2016
freeze001:

Torn which passport? Wait make better sickness hol am (God forbid) then see whether him no go run go that US for medical care with benefits accruable to green card holders.

That's why I said "Allegedly". I mean, one has to be a fool to believe his claims.
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by lereinter(m): 5:28pm On Dec 05, 2016
white hair doesnot mean sense...
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by Mayflowa(m): 5:29pm On Dec 05, 2016
rapistomenka:

You know, if a white man said or did things similar to this, we'd all called for his head saying he is a racist. What is your business with other country sovereignty? With all the speck in your country's eyes, you still have the effrontery to put down other countries and their leaders. Trump is a fallout of the the people choice whether we like it or not. Their citizen decided to choose their president.

Meanwhile in your country, election is marked by corruption and result writing. He hasn't addressed all that or try to lead a campaign on voting right. I just tire for Soyinka o. I really had huge respect for him. People should advise him please

So shameful!
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by KKKWHITE(m): 5:32pm On Dec 05, 2016
This man is insane i expect him to be talking about the decay of the economic situation of Nigeria not America that is ranked on the top list in the world.
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by matrixme(m): 6:02pm On Dec 05, 2016
Daddy Soyinka, your productive days are over. You are now a spent fish. You could not imagine the winner of a Nobel Laurette in literature could sink down this low in 2016. Trump is the new POTUS, just deal with it like any other diasporan. Let's remember how vocal he was for Buhari during the campaign days. We are still suffering today.
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by Celdanstar: 6:04pm On Dec 05, 2016
Diminishing return ti set in lobatan, chai na who do this old man this thing? In no good oo. Una nor allow am get wife, una turn im group(cult) to bad gang, now una don turn the man head to nearly mad man.
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by greatman247(m): 6:14pm On Dec 05, 2016
This old fool that cannot keep his words should just keep quiet at least for ones.
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by Pascal181: 6:18pm On Dec 05, 2016
How will dis man kill himself wit hypertension for nothing nau. Sorry to say dis man no get sense.
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by josite: 7:02pm On Dec 05, 2016
rapistomenka:

So shameful!
who tells u guys, Wole soyinka, my kinsman is wireless,,,?
Re: Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 05, 2016
rapistomenka:

So shameful!

Oga you're prejudiced and hateful. A man of his status is not someone you can stain. Ok...I get it......What Baba Kongi's saying, your prejudiced mindset can't assimilate.
When was the last time you went to America sef. #hater

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo: Chimamanda adichie With Her Handsome Husband / The Torpedo / Romoke!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.