Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. (70941 Views)

A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why / Mysteries About Snakes / 20 Myths About Snakes That Will Blow Your Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Dsegsam(m): 1:30am On Dec 07, 2016
Make I park here ...
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Tallesty1(m): 7:41am On Dec 07, 2016
UniQuegrACE:
what shocked shocked date? that has shown how much you hate me cry cry
well, I didn't know you hate snakes when i was making the arrangements.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by mu2sa2: 10:39am On Dec 07, 2016
raumdeuter:
WHats the use of snake sef
Good poser.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Troubleking: 12:14pm On Dec 07, 2016
Fucking creepy thread. I can go live in Greenland or Iceland if it means never seeing another snake again

1 Like

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 07, 2016
**203 remaining 7 more before end of 2016...lets make it count
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Rockyrascal(m): 1:42pm On Dec 07, 2016
UniQuegrACE:
really? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
did it shock you grin

1 Like

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by kolajoo(m): 1:42pm On Dec 07, 2016
We don land for FP o! Kudos and congrats oga explorer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Rilwayne001: 1:46pm On Dec 07, 2016
Explorers:
35. In Vietnam, it is possible to order a cobra blood wine from restaurant menu.

The waiter will take a live cobra, kill it on the spot, drain the blood into a shot glass of rice wine, and top it off with the cobra’s still beating heart for you to gulp down.

Wow shocked
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by fkdmods: 1:48pm On Dec 07, 2016
Good to know because i have a serious case of ophiophobia.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by fkdmods: 1:48pm On Dec 07, 2016
Good to know because i suffer from ophiophobia.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by grownaira: 1:57pm On Dec 07, 2016
scary indeed
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by ponti93(m): 1:58pm On Dec 07, 2016
op thank you for spoiling my afternoon, although ur post is educative
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Tobycharles: 2:02pm On Dec 07, 2016
I just got entertained n enlightened
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by huptin(m): 2:04pm On Dec 07, 2016
FlySly05:

To balance the ecosystem same way mosquitoes and houseflies does.

Please explain. How?
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by victorazy(m): 2:07pm On Dec 07, 2016
raumdeuter:
WHats the use of snake sef

For pet but it was abused by Eve

1 Like

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by AreaFada2: 2:07pm On Dec 07, 2016
Lala dancing Shakitibobo right now.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by 1990news: 2:09pm On Dec 07, 2016
I was bitten by a cobra and anaconda same night, and they both died.

The following day, I was strolling in the jungle, then a big python saw me and ran away.

What a genius I am.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by billyG(m): 2:13pm On Dec 07, 2016
snakes are evil,bad why are they created or they evolve on their own?
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by uzolexis(f): 2:14pm On Dec 07, 2016
laiza:
Snakes are not immune to their own venom, they could be immune to the venom of other Snakes but not theirs. An example is the King Cobra, the Snake is immune to all venom because it feeds primarily on other Snakes but when two king Cobra fights, the larger one ends up consuming the smaller of which it has to be immobilised by venom. In worse case scenario they both end up dead. There are cases of some very toxic but smaller Snakes crawling out of the belly of a much larger snake after it must have consumed them whole they wait out the poison and bite from within, then crawl out live. Some salamanders too are poisonous, when they end up in the belly of some Snakes or Bull frog, they come out alive after the poison on their outer skin must have killed their host from within. The most venomous snake on the planet is Inland Taipan, found only in Australia and it's not immune to its own poison, in fact a tiger snake which craves other snake as appetite also must first overpower other snakes by injecting a lot of venom before the other has the ability or opportunity to strike.
In Africa, we have the longest and fastest venomous snake; the Black Mamba.

From your comment, it's obvious you don't understand the statement "immune to their own venom". It means the venom of another snake is harmful to them even if the snake is from the same species but their own venom can't harm them i.e the venom of snake A can't harm snake A but the venom of snake B can harm snake A....comprende

1 Like

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by UuzbaGuuzba: 2:17pm On Dec 07, 2016
thesicilian:
Highly educating. Also read somewhere that about 90% of snakes are non poisonous
Hmm Ok good. (1) Now, can you separate and Identify the 10 percent that are poisonouse from the 90 percent that are non poisonous? (2) if you made a mistake in your identification of snakes and the snake bites you, can you tell whether it is venomous bite or not? (3) If thr bite turns out to be venomous, where will you get the antivenom ON TIME IN THIS NIGERIA to treat yourself? Be wise. Do like Lalasticlala
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by niggi4life(m): 2:21pm On Dec 07, 2016
TO THE ADMIN WHO MOVED THIS TO THE FRONT PAGE, U HAVE JUST SUCCEEDED IN GIVING ME A SLEEPLESS NIGHT TODAY.
I SO MUCH BLAME MYSELF FOR OPENING THIS THREAD, ALREADY MY SKIN HAS GOOSE PIMPLES AND MY ONLY PRAYER IS THAT NIGHT SHOULDN'T COME cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by kstix(m): 2:22pm On Dec 07, 2016
And to think that when i was very little and we newly built our house, our street was very bushy. A rainbow snake crawled over my leg one night i slept in my dad's room. Till today i don't still understand why i didn't panic when my dad just put his hand over my mouth telling me to remain quiet. After it crawled past d bed to the floor, my dad got up quietly and killed it. I think with a cutlass or something. I've hated snakes since then.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by browniecay: 2:22pm On Dec 07, 2016
OK
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Coldfeet(f): 2:24pm On Dec 07, 2016
Let me relocate to those places that don't have snakes cry
I hate them
I hate them
I hate them! angry angry angry angry
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Lilimax(f): 2:24pm On Dec 07, 2016
Nice research @ Explorers smiley
but I'm scared of snakes shocked
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Coldfeet(f): 2:27pm On Dec 07, 2016
niggi4life:
TO THE ADMIN WHO MOVED THIS TO THE FRONT PAGE, U HAVE JUST SUCCEEDED IN GIVING ME A SLEEPLESS NIGHT TODAY.
I SO MUCH BLAME MYSELF FOR OPENING THIS THREAD, ALREADY MY SKIN HAS GOOSE PIMPLES AND MY ONLY PRAYER IS THAT NIGHT SHOULDN'T COME cry

Lolz grin grin this got me lmao sorry bro.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by noucompact(m): 2:30pm On Dec 07, 2016
wonderful creature. I GLORIFY GOD.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Ezionye(f): 2:31pm On Dec 07, 2016
42. Snakes kill nearly 100,000 people every year.

http://factsd.com/snake-facts/[/quote]

Sure? That figure is damn too high
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by bobbybrown007: 2:34pm On Dec 07, 2016
kingsilly:

Dey rather kill themselves dan commit suicide grin
abeg kill them sef and commit suicide waytin be the difference
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by bobbybrown007: 2:35pm On Dec 07, 2016
Ezionye:

42. Snakes kill nearly 100,000 people every year.

http://factsd.com/snake-facts/

Sure? That figure is damn too high
no be unah chop apple, now see the cause way unah bring come world
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Ameboperoo(m): 2:39pm On Dec 07, 2016
kstix:
And to think that when i was very little and we newly built our house, our street was very bushy. A rainbow snake crawled over my leg one night i slept in my dad's room. Till today i don't still understand why i didn't panic when my dad just put his hand over my mouth telling me to remain quiet. After it crawled past d bed to the floor, my dad got up quietly and killed it. I think with a cutlass or something. I've hated snakes since then.
That rainbow color snake is not poisonous! You can even pick it up with your hands but it's very fast.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rain Falls In Form Of Ice In Enugu Today(photos) / Free Internet Browsing Using Your-freedom Client / Talented Boy Manufactures ATM That Dispenses Cash In Imo State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.