Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Character Design/Animation Challenge - Art, Graphics & Video (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Character Design/Animation Challenge (12700 Views)

How To Draw And Paint Comic Style Character Easy. / I need laptop recommendation to buy For Graphic Design & Animation / Solidworks 2D/3D Design/Animation/Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Character Design/Animation Challenge by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 07, 2017
Finally i don finish Everythang...
Riggng, Textures and ....

All thise while i was secretly doin a side kick for the Shango guy...

thats why i delayed....plus Nepa. When will i buy a gen sef.

I removed his helmet and bulk him up.

So what should we put in d script? or should i ve full guns out?

Re: Character Design/Animation Challenge by OKX(m): 6:51pm On Jan 08, 2017
Nice, real nice.

Go full guns blazing, but something we can wrap up in a fortnight tho.
Re: Character Design/Animation Challenge by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 11, 2017
Scene One of Script Option A

Cam opens on a cave-like enclosure showing the god smashing iron (or sharpening) on his battle axe. The god's back is to the viewer. The scene should convey an iron-smithing forge. Heat fumes and his skin should gleam with sweat.

The Cam Slowly pans around to have a close up of his face. At this point, shango deliberately looks into the camera and some electricity should be felt in his god-eyes.

Scene 2
He is shown descending from the pregnant clouds (everyone should now go and get a cloud plugin) clinging to a spider web or a wrought-iron chain. He lands on a rocky out crop and works to the edge of it. FRom here he over looks a typical village/settlement.

A cam close-up now shows him getting visibly enraged (perhaps the poor village inhabitants failed to offer sacrifices or some other thing makes him annoyed. He's a god, sometimes they get annoyed for no reason). This emotion should be highlighted by fiery eyes or perhaps the doubling of his pupil. There's is no difference bwtn gods and monsters....is there?

Then he thrusts his battle axe upwards. This should cause an electro vortex up in the sky/clouds directly above him. An electric arc or fire plasma should descend via this vortex and concentrates into his battle axe.

With godlike energy, he uses his powerful arms to channel this electricity/sparks/fire plasma unto the poor village...sending a deluge of rain/brimstone on them. The cam at this point should trail the channel of this energy from the axe to the village.

Maybe the concentration of this energy was too much that even the rocky predetrial he stood on crumbles and he falls...lol

This Script a is fairly simply and cliche.
Re: Character Design/Animation Challenge by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 11, 2017
OKX, Here again

Script Two

The shows our god running via a forest pathway.
Clearly something is chasing him but the audience can't tell what.

But the animation shouldn't just show him running flatly kike that. He should leap over fallen tree boughs or stones, or mometraily stoping to take a spider out his path (he does not harm spiders. this should counter his stereotypical despiction as always fiery and having no respect for smaller creatures), avoid a ditch or smash via thick leaves. He should even get to smash against a tree as his acceleration mounts, thereby hurting himself but continues running.
The audience should almost touch his sense of danger. The fear of the unknown. something that Shango runs away from is definitely powerful. It could be a mother ship of a new god species or a giant spider or Mother Earth herself getting bored with all those pesky gods and deciding to amuse herself a little.
But the audience should not know but should fill shango's fear.

The cam then shows him stopping abruptly at the edge of a rocky outcrop, beyond it is a chasm of molten magma, a dizzying height, a valley....And he must escape this approaching force.

There is another outcrop cut across by this valley. Both outcrops are linked by either a single but strong-as-steel web strand or a treacherous wood bridge.

Does he cross it or turn back an face whatever that is coming?

Shango must be put to the test.

The cam should show these deliberations. the xter's body language must be accentuated as He x making this quick decisions.
Re: Character Design/Animation Challenge by Princealex1(m): 6:32pm On Jan 11, 2017
I like what i just read
Re: Character Design/Animation Challenge by OKX(m): 9:24pm On Jan 11, 2017
I'm down with script 1, real nice.
Although the scene with the village necessitates adding extras as villagers.

Maybe what he sees in the village are empty shrines and full churches, and he's enraged that the old gods are forgotten.

Definitely has promise. I can work with this.
Re: Character Design/Animation Challenge by OKX(m): 9:30pm On Jan 11, 2017
Script 2 has its pluses too, it focuses a lot on acting, which is something our animations lack.

I'd say we do both, as they highlight two very different aspects of the same person.

My major challenge is I hadn't planned on facial closeups for my character or major facial animation, but it adds to the challenge.

So are you down with both, over the course of 4 weeks?
Re: Character Design/Animation Challenge by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 12, 2017
OKX:
Script 2 has its pluses too, it focuses a lot on acting, which is something our animations lack.

I'd say we do both, as they highlight two very different aspects of the same person.

My major challenge is I hadn't planned on facial closeups for my character or major facial animation, but it adds to the challenge.

So are you down with both, over the course of 4 weeks?

I will Do both grin
Re: Character Design/Animation Challenge by Kenshinmunac(m): 11:28pm On Jan 13, 2017
edosbaba:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6fx3EyoPfk

BBros how did you make that animation video, was it step by step drawing on paper then transfer to computer and then render it in 3D?
Re: Character Design/Animation Challenge by OKX(m): 2:05am On Jan 18, 2017
just a reassurance that the thread is still active.

working on the first script.
made slight tweaks on the script to aid the story i wanna tell.

broadly tho, i have a creature, maybe an eagle, as the messenger that brings news to Ogun in his cave, that mankind has forsaken the old gods, in this case for Christianity.
i may create a memory flashback for this as the messenger reports to Ogun, or show the events as they happen, in which case that will be the opening scene. undecided at the moment.

anyway, Ogun is enraged and heads to unleash mayhem on the village/ villagers.
he unleashes a devastating attack, and at the last second a second deity appears and shields the villagers from the attack...the opponents circle each other, n we sign off.

will post wips as i proceed.
Re: Character Design/Animation Challenge by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 18, 2017
OKX:
just a reassurance that the thread is still active.

working on the first script.
made slight tweaks on the script to aid the story i wanna tell.

broadly tho, i have a creature, maybe an eagle, as the messenger that brings news to Ogun in his cave, that mankind has forsaken the old gods, in this case for Christianity.
i may create a memory flashback for this as the messenger reports to Ogun, or show the events as they happen, in which case that will be the opening scene. undecided at the moment.

anyway, Ogun is enraged and heads to unleash mayhem on the village/ villagers.
he unleashes a devastating attack, and at the last second a second deity appears and shields the villagers from the attack...the opponents circle each other, n we sign off.

will post wips as i proceed.

I am the second deity...huhuhuhu...coughs.

this x good biz
Re: Character Design/Animation Challenge by OKX(m): 12:39am On Jan 20, 2017
ok, progress report.
my scene breakdown for the first part is as follows:

SCENE 1: Aerial shot of village showing empty shrine and focus on one house, the young worshipers house.
SCENE 2: Shot of worshiper at window staring at church while wrestling with a decision.
SCENE 3: Interior shot of worshiper removing pagan amulet and tossing into box alongside other items of worship.
SCENE 4: Worshiper carrying box to church, while encouraged by priest.
SCENE 5: Close up of box being dropped, spilling some contents.
SCENE 6: Box being set on fire by members.
SCENE 7: Shot pans following smoke to reveal the messenger bird, perched atop the church and observing proceedings.
SCENE 8: Messenger bird screeches and flies off to the gods cave.

i have blocked out some scenes, and yet to block out others.
have to focus on another clients job at the moment, so this will take a back seat for now ( tho i will continue working at it on my free time)

this is what i have so far.
comments n ideas r welcome pls (although taking into consideration the missing scenes, which would aid the storytelling)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP7T95UB3f8
Re: Character Design/Animation Challenge by edosbaba: 10:15am On Jan 20, 2017
OKX:
ok, progress report.

SCENE 1: Aerial shot of village showing empty shrine and focus on one house, the young worshipers house.
SCENE 2: Shot of worshiper at window staring at church while wrestling with a decision.
SCENE 3: Interior shot of worshiper removing pagan amulet and tossing into box alongside other items of worship.
SCENE 7: Shot pans following smoke to reveal the messenger bird, perched atop the church and observing proceedings.

have to focus on another clients job at the moment, so this will take a back seat for now ( tho i will continue working at it on my free time)

comments n ideas r welcome pls (although taking into consideration the missing scenes, which would aid the storytelling)

Nice Work, OKX
Re: Character Design/Animation Challenge by extwoo(m): 8:04pm On Jan 20, 2017
Guys please Ehn, I want to learn all this too. What kind of laptop are you using cuz I was told Graphics Laptops Vary. please be specific about what I should look our for when I want to get mine. you guys are just so good.
Re: Character Design/Animation Challenge by jjk24(m): 9:08am On Jan 23, 2017
OKX:
ok, progress report.

pls how exactly did you achieve that low poly back drop? A two plane with an image texture?
Re: Character Design/Animation Challenge by OKX(m): 4:39pm On Jan 23, 2017
@jjk
A combination of low poly trees and several cards with image textures to give the effect of parallax as the camera pans across them. A single card would appear static.

I also render d elements in layers, so I can play with the backgrounds in post, adding trees or any other details with png images in post.

1 Like

Re: Character Design/Animation Challenge by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 24, 2017
Super Nice work there OKX, super nice..

You will not believe what happened to me lapptop.

First was the keyboard malfunctioning ....
Then A Bios crash...phew

Thnk God for google drive...i will be back in a week once the repair man does hiz job.

Apologies....

This x so annoying
Re: Character Design/Animation Challenge by emasco7(m): 3:35am On Jan 12, 2018
Mehn.....was fun while it lasted...to all the guys who participated so nice
Re: Character Design/Animation Challenge by theGigolo: 10:43pm On Apr 09, 2019
Awesome work guys, I have been drooling since first post

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Professional Logo Designer: The Best On Nairaland. Period! / To Become A Video Editor / U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.