Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,547 members, 7,827,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World (7866 Views)

Atheism And Its Myopic Reasoning / Views Of The World Biggest Church, Dunamis International Gospel Centre, Abuja / Spartan117 And Awesomej Vs Dalaman And Me On Biblical Views Of Slavery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:31am On Dec 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

calm down, no one is chasing you

now go back and read, keep reading till you get it

Now I understand . Don't be embarrassed man . Its normal to be feel like an intellectual while you are not https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_superiority

You should have asked me to explain the slippery slope fallacy to you , I'd have done that gladly . smiley
Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by hopefulLandlord: 10:35am On Dec 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Now I understand . Don't be embarrassed man . Its normal to be feel like an intellectual while you are not https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_superiority

You would have asked me to explain the slippery slope fallacy to you , I'd have done that gladly . smiley

don't be embarrassed when your inability to comprehend is laid bare

you're suffering from "Delusion of Grandeur" http://psychcentral.com/encyclopedia/delusion-of-grandeur/

I've explained "Slippery Slope" perfectly, in a way that any sane person would understand with the "Car" example

if you still don't get it........
Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:37am On Dec 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I've explained it perfectly in a way that any sane person would understand with the "Car" example

if you still don't get it........

Shut up and show me how that exact statement I made is a slippery slope fallacy . I want to see what makes it a slippery slope fallacy
Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by Richirich713: 10:39am On Dec 08, 2016
foladara777:

That picture is utter crap and doesn't reflect what atheism is but even that crap still makes more sense than Christianity...

undecided what?, it agrees with atheism 100%

According to Richard Dawkins, this atheist mythology is a staggering fact.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:39am On Dec 08, 2016
I really want to embarrass the guy sha grin
Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:41am On Dec 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

aha!

so its no longer by saying "There is no god"?

you change the definition of atheism based on the straw you want to pull cool

Shut up , just shut up

Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by hopefulLandlord: 10:42am On Dec 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Shut up and show me how that exact statement I made is a slippery slope fallacy . I want to see what makes it a slippery slope fallacy

oga, wetin?

"if babies are atheists going by your definition, then rocks are atheists"

if we say "a" is a word as used in "I have a car", then "b" should be a word too, so should "t", "f"

"if we say sex is pleasurable, then rape should be too"

"fishes and bicycle are the same, afterall they both move from one place to another"

if you still can't get it.......
Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by Richirich713: 10:42am On Dec 08, 2016
grin this dog is a theist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by foladara777(m): 10:43am On Dec 08, 2016
Richirich713:

undecided what?, it agrees with atheism 100%

According to Richard Dawkins, this atheist mythology is a staggering fact.
Well, the argument that human beings are amazing so they must have been created but a supposedly more amazing God didn't have to be created is not just staggering, it's stupid
Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by foladara777(m): 10:44am On Dec 08, 2016
Richirich713:
So you understand logic?? Why not apply it to your beliefs and see how stupid they suddenly become
Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by hopefulLandlord: 10:45am On Dec 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
I really want to embarrass the guy sha grin

you know that your bullying tactics has never worked on me and would never work on me
Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by Richirich713: 10:48am On Dec 08, 2016
foladara777:

So you understand logic?? Why not apply it to your beliefs and see how stupid they suddenly become

Are u evens an atheist?
Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:51am On Dec 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

oga, wetin?

"if babies are atheists going by your definition, then rocks are atheists"

if we say "a" is a word as used in "I have a car", then "b" should be a word too, so should "t", "f"

"if we say sex is pleasurable, then rape should be too"

if you still can't get it.......

That is not the slippery slope fallacy . It has to do with chains of events of effects and causes , then as it progresses it becomes less and more less probable that the next event was caused by the one that precedes it .

Its called a slope for a reason undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by foladara777(m): 10:53am On Dec 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

you know that your bullying tactics has never worked on me and would never work on me
Oh, no... I just believe the Christian God is bullshit, since that's the one I've learned about well enough
Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by hopefulLandlord: 10:54am On Dec 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

That is not the slippery slope fallacy . It has to do with chains of events of effects and causes , then as it progresses it becomes less and more less probable that the next event was caused by the one that precedes it .

Its called a slope for a reason undecided

K undecided
Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:57am On Dec 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

K undecided

So have you accepted that I was right concerning the definition of atheism

1 Like

Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by hopefulLandlord: 11:01am On Dec 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

So have you accepted that I was right concerning the definition of atheism

there's a reason the words "Narrower sense" was added to pass a message you're ignoring

can you explain what the words "Narrow sense" mean?

stop feigning ignorance bro, you're too smart for that

your slippery slope definition doesn't negate my examples

as for definitions, my issue is you pulling whatever one you want to use based on the straw you want to pull

same way you define "Christianity" based on the straw you want to pull
Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:05am On Dec 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

there's a reason the words "Narrower sense" was added to pass a message you're ignoring

stop feigning ignorance bro, you're too smart for that

your slippery slope definition doesn't negate my examples

as for definitions, my issue is you pulling whatever one you want to use based on the straw you want to pull

same way you define "Christianity" based on the straw you want to pull

I 'pull no straws ' bro . I work with the definitions from your own sources . There is no such thing as 'implicit atheism' - that is not atheism - its deceptive . That's why babies , animals and inanimate things are not atheists .

For the slippery slope fallacy , it has to do with a chain of related events not just one statement .
Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by Richirich713: 11:13am On Dec 08, 2016
Atheists, Newton thought you were idiots (senseless). Just saying grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by hopefulLandlord: 11:14am On Dec 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I 'pull no straws ' bro . I work with the definitions from your own sources . There is no such thing as 'implicit atheism' - that is not atheism - its deceptive . That's why babies , animals and inanimate things are not atheists .

For the slippery slope fallacy , it has to do with a chain of related events not just one statement .

your posts show strawman

you use whatever definition you like and base it on that

"Christianity" and "Atheism" are the two terms you do that to the most, one time atheism is "Lack of belief" then changes to "Rejection of gods" then changes to "Saying there's no god"

Atheists on this platform have made it clear times without number that they "Lack belief in any deity" let that be the definition you use or you're just pulling straws

1 Like

Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:15am On Dec 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Theism says there is a God .
Theism accepts the belief in God
Theism holds the belief in God

Atheism rejects the belief in God
Atheism holds no belief in God

But its wrong to say that Atheism says there is no God ?

Where are the straws here
Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by hopefulLandlord: 11:19am On Dec 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Theism says there is a God .
Theism accepts the belief in God
Theism holds the belief in God

Atheism rejects the belief in God
Atheism holds no belief in God

But its wrong to say that Atheism says there is no God ?

Where are the straws here

strawman is simply misrepresenting someone's viewpoint and attack it

atheists reject belief in any deity

there are atheists that say "There is no god" but such atheists are simply thinking emotionally

almost all atheists on this platform simply say "They lack belief in any deity" full stop

the existence/non existence of deities is relegated to the same places Bigfoot, man with 500 hands who resides in the moon and cannot be photographed, Diamond the shape of a man in the middle of the planet called "@+£&@:£-#:£-#", The 32 billion dollars you have in your domiciliary account, the invisible pink unicorn you conversed with yesterday are

comprende?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by benzics(m): 11:25am On Dec 08, 2016
Richirich713:
Bruv?

If man was made from dust, why is there still dust??

Your kind of stupid is amazing though
Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by Richirich713: 11:29am On Dec 08, 2016
benzics:

Bruv?

If man was made from dust, why is there still dust??

Your kind of stupid is amazing though

grin this got nothing to do with being made of any substance, it's about Evolution (evolving), ur very stupid.

And I didn't claim anything about Evolution, it was the theist (dog) who made the claim, not me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by benzics(m): 11:35am On Dec 08, 2016
Richirich713:

grin this got nothing to do with being made of any substance, it's about Evolution (evolving), ur very stupid.

And I didn't claim anything about Evolution, it was the theist (dog) who made the claim, not me.
Do you know anything about natural selection? Hell do you even know what evolution is? Hmm embarassed
Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by benzics(m): 11:36am On Dec 08, 2016
Richirich713:

Answer me, so it's not possible for something to be gotten from nothing?
Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by Richirich713: 11:39am On Dec 08, 2016
benzics:

Do you know anything about natural selection? Hell do you even know what evolution is? Hmm embarassed

Yes
Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by Richirich713: 11:44am On Dec 08, 2016
benzics:

Answer me, so it's not possible for something to be gotten from nothing?

it's impossible to get something from nothing and by nothing, only mentally ill people like Richard Dawkins believe this is possible., he must be on that strong weed.
Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by jonbellion(m): 11:55am On Dec 08, 2016
Richirich713:

it's impossible to get something from nothing and by nothing, only mentally ill people like Richard Dawkins believe this is possible., he must be on that strong weed.
lol
You obviously didn't go far in physics
Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:57am On Dec 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

strawman is simply misrepresenting someone's viewpoint and attack it

atheists reject belief in any deity

there are atheists that say "There is no god" but such atheists are simply thinking emotionally

almost all atheists on this platform simply say "They lack belief in any deity" full stop

Theism : There is a God or there are deities

A-Theism : There is no God or there are no deities

What you see above are the basic definitions . The rejection , lack of belief or whatever are just embellishments .

That's why Diagoras of Melos according to history is the first atheist because He declared that there were no gods

1 Like

Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by peacesamuel94(m): 11:58am On Dec 08, 2016
[quote author=benzics post=51733098]
Lol, anyone, even a priest can contribute to science! There are always rooms for new discoveries in science, it doesn't matter if you are religious or not, as far as you have experimented, observed and evaluated something, science welcomes it with a broad mind, unlike religion..

Now when the madness sets in is when you start making useless arguments like the one I illustrated above, that's when we'll totally ignore you!

If you believe that even priests can contribute to science, then there is no need trying to paint Religion as an inhibitor to innovation. Its a big contradiction to the purpose of your thread.
Re: Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:59am On Dec 08, 2016
jonbellion:
lol
You obviously didn't go far in physics

Nothing means non existence not empty space

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

. / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.