Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Understanding Love And Economics(educative) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Understanding Love And Economics(educative) (1258 Views)

GIRLS: Why My Exes Still Love And Respect Me And What To Learn From It [PICTURE] / A General Analysis Of A Woman's Lifespan ( Very Educative) / Understanding The Secret Language Of Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by AngelsAndStars(m): 1:41pm On Dec 08, 2016
Please take your time and read carefully. Every lover is an economist, unknowingly, most of us do not know. smiley

Firstly, Economics can be defined as a social science which deals with the study of human behavior(decision making) related to scarce means which aim at an expected end (Note this is the simplest definition i could come up with)

Secondly, Love is a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes that ranges from interpersonal affection to pleasure. It can refer to an emotion of a strong attraction and personal attachment[b](Got this from google)[/b]

In economics, there are some concepts that are basic.

Wants and need.(expected result or end)
Demand & Supply(what you have to offer and what you want in return)
Scarcity(limited availability of resources)
Price(worth)
Scale of preference(All your desires prioritize according to level of importance)
Opportunity forgone(what you can sacrifice to get something more important)

These concepts above are what i would talk about in respect to how they apply in the "Game of Love"

Wants and need- It is never a myth that everyone wants something out of a relationship, that's the point of being in a relationship after all. to get something out of it. what you have to offer is not important in this concepts but rather strictly what you will gain comes first. these ranges from sex, marriage, prestige, financial benefit, revenge(yes some guys do this to spite someone) and pride. but the main point is individually we tend to go into any relationship with the hope of an expected result, that stands as needs and want.

Most times what we want and need are only a creation of our society, those days men wanted virgins, even women too wanted virgins, women wanted men who could farm hard but today its not in market anymore, times have changed, media through music, films, shows and other programs like telemundo etc have changed our wants and needs in relationship over the years. i'll not bore you much with this concept so lets move ahead.

Demand & Supply- there's a highly proportional uniformity in what all girls want and what all guys want. The greater percentage of guys want a homely girl, educated, young and most importantly beautiful. some want rich girls too. the girls on the other hand want a tall dark handsome guy with six packs and pink lips and most importantly Rich . Now we all can tell the supply for rich guys is low, making them well demanded. this accounts for the fact that rich guys have many girls, they can treat girls the way they want and no case why because they can get as many as possible since they have what the market(Majority girls) want, guys like this treat girls like sh!tz(Not all though), average girls hardly dump this set of guys even when maltreated, example of such guys are Wizkid, Olamide, Flavour, E-money are some of the popular ones .

on the other hand beautiful girls with big behind(what the ideal Nigerian guys wants) are also low in supply making them well demanded by the guys , girls like this are equally rude(Not all but a larger percentage) to an average guy, why because they have what almost every guy wants and they have high taste with their beauty as bargain, they flaunt what they have and intimidate every other girl who doesn't have such. these girls will hardly beg an average guy for love but would rather go for guys with cool cash to match their standard. EG Tiwa, Nicki minaj, LindaIkejiare, some of the popular ones.

Note- The category discussed above shows that those with such qualities(Beautiful, and rich) are in low supply and in high demand. its an economic law in play here, everyone wants the best among the rest, but to get the best you need to pay a bigger price(having what is equally in high demand).... The Lower the supply(Beauty, riches,etc) the greater the demand(every body wants just that)

Typing...
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by Flexherbal(m): 1:45pm On Dec 08, 2016
See lecture...!
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by Kalatium(m): 1:47pm On Dec 08, 2016
The law of demand (in relationships) states that a guy's need for a lady is insatiable.
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by AngelsAndStars(m): 1:52pm On Dec 08, 2016
Scarcity- as we all know, scarcity means limited supply of resources, in this concept the resources are the pretty girls and the rich guys. they are few in circulation in the Nigerian society. Note that this varies from environment to environment so am taking Nigeria as a case study. Also note that, good things don't come easy, so these "good" choice are scarce and not enough for everyone.

Price- When we talk about price, we talk about worth. in relationship or love, we tend to match up with what we can offer. Those highly demanded category increase in worth but in this condition, pride. wonder why most beautiful girls are rude to an average guy? or why super rich guys dont associate with broke girls? pride. When you have lots of guys asking you out you develop some leve; of pride within, its natural. most "ugly" girls and humble why? because their demand is low so their price(pride) is limited. same as broke guys. they are humble because who wants to date a broke guy anyways? grin grin grin

Note- in the concept above there are exceptions, no doubt bot like i said earlier, these things apply to majority. even here on nairaland romance section, guys would shower beautiful girls with likes up to thousand and the "not so pretty ones" would get few.

Typing
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by AngelsAndStars(m): 2:05pm On Dec 08, 2016
Scale of preference- This concept of economics demand that need are arranged according to their level of importance. the most pressing needs are put up as priority.

For most girls of 23years old, the scale of preference can look like this

1- Rich
2- handsome
3- six packs
4- Good in bed
5- Lovely
6- God fearing etc etc

Note- this scale changes according to what you have to offer, according to age, according to beauty and ugliness or availability of category of men around. a lady of 34 would most likely not put Rich on the top of the scale because of desperation. an ugly girl can marry a shoe maker why? think about it wink

For most guys who are about 29yrs old and maybe a bachelor the scale would look like

1- Beautiful girl with big behind
2- Good in kitchen
2- Good in bed
4- God fearing
5- well mannered

Note- this scale also changes, a poor guy would most likely not have beauty and big behind on top of his scale. i mean, whose girl with big behind(highly demanded) wold settle to date a broke dude grin grin grin

Typing
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by AngelsAndStars(m): 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2016
And finally,
Opportunity forgone-
This concepts is choosing a best alternative among two or several options.
At the end of the whole day, its a man and a woman. we all will have to choose if we had two or more options, no matter how much you claim to love 10 girls(its possible) or your desire to keep 5 boys(also possible) one will still have to settle for one and let others go. sometimes this turns out to be the best decision sometimes its turns out not to be. At the end of the day its all economics.

lalasticlala, seun check out. if its worth it...

Thanks kiss grin
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by AngelsAndStars(m): 2:22pm On Dec 08, 2016
Kalatium:
The law of demand (in relationships) states that a guy's need for a lady is insatiable.
what's this. read na
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by Laveda(f): 2:24pm On Dec 08, 2016
YAWN
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by AngelsAndStars(m): 2:31pm On Dec 08, 2016
Laveda:
YAWN
I am RoadsAndGr*** i know romance section peeps like you like to see scandals(real or made-up) . well, I said "educative" and if you think it's not that's OK.
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 08, 2016
Relating economic principles to love is a nice one op, you tried.

Sweetjude, who read economics should have done this but he won't. grin
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by AngelsAndStars(m): 2:50pm On Dec 08, 2016
Benita27:

Sweetjude, who read economics should have done this but he won't. grin
thank you. better pikin. na this kind thread we dey know those wey smart
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 08, 2016
Benita27:

Swee tjude, who read economics should have done this but he won't. grin
angry wetin op is high on sugar cane
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 08, 2016
sweetjude:
His economic facts are on point.
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 08, 2016
This is basic economics.....
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by Olasco93: 4:07pm On Dec 08, 2016
I concur with the poster.
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
Benita27:
His economic facts are on point.
i done vex do my own
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by bowman000(m): 7:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
grin
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by AngelsAndStars(m): 10:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
Olasco93:
I concur with the poster.
you welcome
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by AngelsAndStars(m): 10:43pm On Dec 08, 2016
SirWere:
This is basic economics.....
yes it is basic economics. relationship is basic economics
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by AngelsAndStars(m): 10:44pm On Dec 08, 2016
sweetjude:
hmmm worefa
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 08, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
yes it is basic economics. relationship is basic economics

"Relationships"
That fraudlent sham based on "love" but in really a suspension of reality and sanity for illusory feelings and infatuated desires undecided

Figures.....
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by AngelsAndStars(m): 11:15pm On Dec 08, 2016
SirWere:

"Relationships"
That fraudlent sham based on "love" but in really a suspension of reality and sanity for illusory feelings and infatuated desires undecided

Figures.....
yeah that's why I wrote the article. relationship is business. only the smart ones survive.
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
yeah that's why I wrote the article. relationship is business. only the smart ones survive.
Unfortunately, people will see you as mercenary for exploiting the social construct....
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by AngelsAndStars(m): 11:25pm On Dec 08, 2016
SirWere:

Unfortunately, people will see you as mercenary for exploiting the social construct....
that's if you tell them. I take what I can in a relationship and leave. I don't usually "love" for long. I just flow and leave when am bored of it. only marriage is worth fighting for, even that will be a whole new kinda game.
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by AngelsAndStars(m): 11:27pm On Dec 08, 2016
Re: Understanding Love And Economics(educative) by Mzihterchibest(m): 8:24pm On Jan 03, 2018
[i][/i]i concure with the posted i think he is right

(1) (Reply)

Thank You Oyin17, Youngdanee It Is Officially Over Between Us / MY Pics Updated / How To Spot A 'HOE'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.