Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,345 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. (3904 Views)

Bill And Melinda Gates Stored Food In Their Basement 'for Years' / Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month / Photos From Folarin Alakija's White Wedding In England (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by Explorers(m): 1:49pm On Dec 08, 2016
Prince Charles is shown Bank of England's vaults where 400,000 gold bars worth £100BILLION are stored.

On a royal visit to the Bank of England today, Governor Mark Carney told the heir to throne as he sat down with a group of deputies in his historic office for a private briefing.

The prince's tour came at the personal invitation of Mr Carney, who visited him at Clarence House in February.

Prince Charles is shown around the gold vaults at the Bank of England.

The chambers hold around 400,000 bars of gold worth more than £100 billion.

This is the prince's first visit back to the bank since 2002.

Each gold bar weighs around 13kg and is worth £366,501 at today's price.

shocked

1 Like

Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by IncredibleJoe(m): 1:51pm On Dec 08, 2016
I need just 10 of those bars...
Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by Explorers(m): 1:55pm On Dec 08, 2016
The aim of the visit was, ostensibly, to 'recognise and celebrate the Bank's mission to promote the good of the people of the UK by maintaining monetary and financial stability'.

During his tour of the building Charles was given a private viewing of more than £100 billion worth of gold.

The underground vault at the bank contains around 400,000 gold bars, each weighing around 13kg and worth £366,501 at today's price.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by Explorers(m): 2:01pm On Dec 08, 2016
The vaults provide safe keeping for the gold reserves of the country and overseas central banks.

The prince toured the Bank of England to recognise and celebrate the central Bank's mission to promote the good of the people of the UK by maintaining monetary and financial stability.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by idongesit88: 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2016
give just 1 gold bar and I convert the money to naira 366501* 500 = 183250500 million Naira

2 Likes

Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by MrJorge(m): 2:16pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nice one. But when will Nigeria own such? undecided
Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by augster(m): 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2016
shocked
Wetin them dey keep am for?
Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 08, 2016
Explorers bro, remove Charles's pic then we talk about those gold bars. sad

Princess Diana's Karma is still coming for you Charles, wait and see.

*Show me the money*
Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by yakamata(m): 2:38pm On Dec 08, 2016
Explorers:
Prince Charles is shown Bank of England's vaults where 400,000 gold bars worth £100BILLION are stored.

On a royal visit to the Bank of England today, Governor Mark Carney told the heir to throne as he sat down with a group of deputies in his historic office for a private briefing.

The prince's tour came at the personal invitation of Mr Carney, who visited him at Clarence House in February.

Prince Charles is shown around the gold vaults at the Bank of England.

The chambers hold around 400,000 bars of gold worth more than £100 billion.

This is the prince's first visit back to the bank since 2002.

Each gold bar weighs around 13kg and is worth £366,501 at today's price.

shocked

Between the bank and Fort Knox,which one has more gold
Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by Explorers(m): 2:48pm On Dec 08, 2016
jagugu88li:
Explorers bro, remove Charles's pic then we talk about those gold bars. sad

Princess Diana's Karma is still coming for you Charles, wait and see.

*Show me the money*

Italian job on ma mind.
Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by Alfred200825(m): 2:50pm On Dec 08, 2016
yakamata:

Between the bank and Fort Knox,which one has more gold

Bro you nor fit compare any bank with the Old Lady of Threadneedle
Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by eezeribe(m): 3:10pm On Dec 08, 2016
OK
Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by ichommy(m): 3:26pm On Dec 08, 2016
*Open Notepad*

Hahn Funjosh iamkingzlee Solidkay ritababe.

Oya come make we go see The Gold in Bars.

Chai.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by hahn(m): 3:38pm On Dec 08, 2016
ichommy:
*Open Notepad*

Hahn Funjosh iamkingzlee Solidkay ritababe.

Oya come make we go see The Gold in Bars.

Chai.

Doesn't Nigeria have something like this?
Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by Franky826: 3:39pm On Dec 08, 2016
Odogwu check whether those security men wey dey door don comot make I grab like 3bars and run for my dear life grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by yorhmienerd(m): 3:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
I only need three men who are ready to make it, ama storm that place live. Explorers, pls can we get the blue print of that place grin grin
Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by hahn(m): 3:43pm On Dec 08, 2016
Explorers:

Italian job on ma mind.

You will end up in an Italian underground prison undecided

1 Like

Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by flistyl(m): 4:11pm On Dec 08, 2016
augster:
shocked
Wetin them dey keep am for?

the value of such things are more likely to appreciate in value, because their supply is limited.
If I Have like 10 of those bars, i'll organise smart, skillful and notorious robbers to help of rob that bank, I won't forget to include the likes of michael scoffield, explorers, TONYE001 the writer of condemned and many more smart nairalanders

Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by Explorers(m): 4:20pm On Dec 08, 2016
hahn:

You will end up in an Italian underground prison undecided

See you, you dont know who you are dealing with.

My crew bad pass paul walker crew. cheesy
Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by paschal47(m): 4:23pm On Dec 08, 2016
I'm just confused
Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by augster(m): 4:23pm On Dec 08, 2016
flistyl:

the value of such things are more likely to appreciate in value, because their supply is limited.
If I Have like 10 of those bars, i'll organise smart, skillful and notorious robbers to help of rob that bank, I won't forget to include the likes of michael scoffield, explorers, TONYE001 the writer of condemned and many more smart nairalanders

10 bars and you still want to go back grin
Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 08, 2016
watching in 3d

1 Like

Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by augster(m): 4:26pm On Dec 08, 2016
Abeg who sabi any confirm babalawo? I need better invisibility charm oo
Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by Dexpro: 4:34pm On Dec 08, 2016
augster:
Abeg who sabi any confirm babalawo? I need better invisibility charm oo
grin grin
Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by Explorers(m): 4:41pm On Dec 08, 2016
augster:
10 bars and you still want to go back grin

That's Nigerians for u, having everything.
Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by Explorers(m): 4:48pm On Dec 08, 2016
Am ok with one load of Hilux.

Am not greedy.
Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 08, 2016
Explorers:

Italian job on ma mind.
I'm in, call me when you're ready. cool
Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by yorhmienerd(m): 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2016
Explorers:
Am ok with one load of Hilux.

Am not greedy.
You're truly not greedy undecided Haba shocked shocked ONE load of Hilux!!!
Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by Explorers(m): 5:05pm On Dec 08, 2016
yorhmienerd:
You're truly not greedy undecided Haba shocked shocked ONE load of Hilux!!!

Too small ba

Am ok wit that, i dont do oju kokoro.
Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by hahn(m): 5:07pm On Dec 08, 2016
Explorers:

See you, you dont know who you are dealing with.

My crew bad pass paul walker crew. cheesy

Yawns

Burst enter Seun safe first then I will know you are serious
Re: Bank Of England's Vaults Where Gold Bars Worth £100billion Are Stored. by Rich4god(m): 6:01pm On Dec 08, 2016
@explorer.... Wat do this gold stand for.... Is it as a national Treasury or what. Or does it if they are in recession, they can sell it out to raise money..... I equally heard that the U.S have one too...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Game - Shoprite / Running A Cab Service: What Could Go Wrong / Paying Online Businesses For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.